Motorsport Page 5

• Page

of 825 First / Last

• shamblemonkee 16 Mar 2009 08:00:25 14,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    guts wrote:
    Personally I'm gutted that DC has gone. He was one of those drivers that never really had a good enough car to shine in. Glad he will be on the tv team though.

exqueezeme! bakingpowder? DC never had a decent car? I must surely have imagined those years with him driving along side mika in the mclaren...

but yes i think he'll do a very good job of expert studio comment alongside e.jordan's rants hehe.
  • dufftownallan 16 Mar 2009 09:16:32 4,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yeah shambles but many people think he was comprimised by ron dennis' close relationship with mika, dc never got the full support in that team. dc also had the massive misfortune to be at his peak when shumi and ferrari were simply unbeatable. i'm not sure if he ever quite had what it takes to be a world champion and i guess we'll never know, but t would be interesting to see what might have happened had he not hounered that gentlemans agreement in melbourne with mika back in '99 (or was it '98? or '00?)
  • shamblemonkee 16 Mar 2009 10:53:25 14,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agree completely duff, from reading his autobiography it seemed like he really had some confidence issues with himself and mclaren during that time. you can kinda see the same thing with kovi now to some extent. I think DC is undoubtedly a very good driver, i just get the impression that as evidenced by honouring his agreement with mika he didn't quite have that ruthless edge or cold determination that peoplelike shumi, hakkinnenenenenen, et al.

• Psychotext 16 Mar 2009 10:54:57 53,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it was pretty clear DC was never going to win a title after his plane crash. Something changed in him... can't really blame him for that.
  • shamblemonkee 16 Mar 2009 10:57:33 14,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, i meant to add to the end of my last post, that DC is pretty much my favourite f1 personality.
  • El_MUERkO 16 Mar 2009 11:11:12 16,949 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    daisy hates him with a passion, personally i think he looks like a bobble headed midget
  • shamblemonkee 16 Mar 2009 11:13:01 14,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    they all really are midgets though aren't they?! I mean if you were to place scalextrix alongside..... ;p
  • Psychotext 16 Mar 2009 11:23:23 53,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    daisy hates him with a passion, personally i think he looks like a bobble headed midget
    Tell Daisy to STFU!

/hides
  • guts 16 Mar 2009 13:52:38 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He does have an entertaining jawline, but he rocked in the race of champions, that's what I'm talking about baby, yeah.....

Also, you should all check out and sign up to this nifty lilttle site I discovered a couple of years ago. Not sure if it's live for this season yet but have a look anyway.

Look at me

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• guts 16 Mar 2009 15:10:06 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its the F1 prediction league. Predict podium finishers for each race and get awarded points for accuracy. The season champion predictor wins....................a 'F1PL' mug.

Not a very exciting prize, but a bit of good clean fun.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• Fletche 16 Mar 2009 17:24:09 3,418 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    urban wrote:
    god damn i am excited about this season, /ponders who to place a bet on to win the championship

Have to agree, not been this excited before a new season for a very long time, just got a feeling we are in for a few treats this years and a few surprises, not to mention better coverage on the BBC and the fact I will be at Silverstone for it's last race (for the near future anyway)

My tip is for Kubica to come of age this year.
  • dufftownallan 16 Mar 2009 23:00:42 4,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    i think it will finally be massas year, it'll be interesting to see how the brazilian grand prix affected him in the end but with the way he took it on the chin i think he'll probably be more determined this year than anything. he's been with ferrari now for a while longer, hopefully his team boss will have learned from his massive errors of last season, hopefully he'll actually get some luck this year for once and his background in karting will no doubt help with the new car packages.

if i was forced to stick my mortgage on anyone then id put it on lewis, it would just be bloody typical and im not really convinced that maclarens problems are as bad as theyre making out.

kimi could come back this year but i think the ferarri team would rather get behind filipe tbh, i really fear vettel may have taken a backward step but i really really hope he proves me wrong, kubica and alonso should be sniffing about again but i think their cars are just simply not capable enough of carrying their talents for the title.

whatever happens it should be a truly fantastic season for many reasons. cant wait!
  • Salaman 16 Mar 2009 23:18:40 18,861 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haha. Quote on the Belgian news site:

Rijder Rubens Barrichello zegt dat de Mercedes-motor het verschil maakt. "Het is een droom om met zo'n motor te rijden. Als ik op het gaspedaal duw, voel ik eindelijk de kracht van een motor."

Which is Barichello saying the Mercedes engine makes the difference in their current performance.

"It's a dream to ride with such an engine. When I press the accelerator, I finally feel the power of an engine."

Honda must be pleased. :-)
  • guts 17 Mar 2009 13:32:02 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ouch!!

• billythekid 17 Mar 2009 14:06:12 11,015 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh FFS
    Most wins = Championship regardless of most points.

They can't help but try to fuck it up can they.
    All because Lewis won last season i'm thinking!
  • KingOfSpain 17 Mar 2009 14:06:40 5,187 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All this means is that the season is now more likely to be over as a competition 3-4 races before the end.

Just as I was getting hyped for the new season they go and fuck it up. The stupid fat rusty cunt-buckets!!!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 17 Mar 2009 14:09:06 25,412 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmmm, that could actually be quite good I think.

Should mean every race will be a winner takes all affair.

This is the first F1 season in years that I've been excited about. I think the return to the BBC has helped with that too.
  • Psychotext 17 Mar 2009 14:09:39 53,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know... to be honest I quite like that idea. Nothing worse than having a driver baby his car around the track rather than go for the win.
  • KingOfSpain 17 Mar 2009 14:12:20 5,187 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I don't know... to be honest I quite like that idea. Nothing worse than having a driver baby his car around the track rather than go for the win.

Simple really.

Points should be 14 - 9 - 7 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

That will shake things up. Maybe ever 16 points for the win.
  • Res 17 Mar 2009 14:17:32 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem with this system is the championship can be wrapped up after half a season and everyone else might as well just pack up and go home.

If the FIA want the winner of a race to have a bigger advantage in the championship give them more points. Do not make it possible for a driver doing well to win the championship before we even get into the last third of the season.
  • X201 17 Mar 2009 14:18:37 15,130 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll give it until the season when a driver wins 9 races with 5 left to run. and hence makes the rest of the season pointless for the Drivers Championship
  • billythekid 17 Mar 2009 14:20:09 11,015 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thing is somebody could win the first 5 races say, crash and be out for the rest of the season and they could win the championship even though four or five other drivers have a shit load more points from the whole season.
  • Psychotext 17 Mar 2009 14:20:50 53,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really think with so much riding on first place it'll be less likely that one person will run away with it. Should be lots of Schumacher style "accidents" too. ;)
  • Psychotext 17 Mar 2009 14:21:42 53,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only really bad thing that I can see is team orders will come into play much earlier on in the season.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 17 Mar 2009 14:25:57 25,412 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only way it would be wrapped up halfway through is if someone won every race up to that point. In which case they'd bloody deserve to win the championship anyway.
  • billythekid 17 Mar 2009 14:26:55 11,015 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not if the rest of the wins were spread out amongst several other drivers.
  • El_MUERkO 17 Mar 2009 14:33:44 16,949 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    i guess their must have been a whole lot of coke and nazi hookers at the party they thought up that idea then
  • StarchildHypocrethes 17 Mar 2009 14:34:13 25,412 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It would only ever be over once the difference in wins someone had, outweighed the number of races left. Which would require someone to win a hell of a lot of races for it to end early. In which case they'd deserve to win the championship anyway.

Unless my maths are crap...
  • El_MUERkO 17 Mar 2009 14:39:38 16,949 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    also reading the last part of their wiffle they say for next season there can be two types of car, one over 30 mil with all kinds of restrictions and one under 30 mil with fewer restrictions so mclaren or ferrari could break the back to get more perforce but the bobs rent-a-car team could slap a bloody big turbo and nitros on their re-purposed garden mower and shit on them from a great height

:D

honestly, the fia have to live in some sort of alternate universe
  • billythekid 17 Mar 2009 14:40:21 11,015 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For example in a 15 race season:
    Kimi wins the first five, doesn't finish another race ends with 50pts.
    Lewis wins the next four, comes second in every other race including the five Kimi won and he'd end up with 128pts.
    The six other race wins are spread around.

Kimi wins the championship with only 50pts. RIDICULOUS.

/edited for bad maffs
  • Page

of 825 First / Last