Worst music/music that annoys you Page 19

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• Madder-Max 30 Dec 2013 13:00:22 11,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Florence and the machine.

The singer has a talent for raping songs; especially Halo and u got the love.

Rizzle Pricks.

Who the fuck are these morons, and how did Your Unbelievable by EMF 'resonate' throughout their childhood when they were born in 1990/91?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• gunark 30 Dec 2013 13:09:56 707 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thirty Seconds to Mars - The sound of a band collectively disappearing up their singer's backside. Don't even get me started on their videos.

Unless it's all a Morrisian joke, it which case, well played Jared, well played.
  • FuzzyDuck 30 Dec 2013 13:11:18 3,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Everything the Stereophonics ever put out.
    Fucking YES!

Bunch of talentless hacks, rock music for people who don't like rock music.
    No. Just no.

You want to see talentless? Go watch X factor or the simon cowell idea of music, or hear any "artist" that goes under the name of rap. Not many people can write, sing, perform and try and change styles as they do it. You may not like them, that's fine, but they are definatly not talentless.
    Yes. Just yes.

Shit like the X Factor doesn't even come into it, it's a school talent show run by rich people.

The Stereophonics are a band that have made a name by peddling their own wares as artists and songwriters, thus presenting themselves as credible artists and inevitably inviting comparisons against a whole world's worth of creatives. And in that comparison, they are at the bottom of the heap. Shit songs, shit musicians.

My main genres are metal, rock and jazz. Stereophonics are a shit rock band, but I could name a list as long as my arm of good hip-hop artists. There's a pretty discernible difference between being outright shit and just not doing it for someone.
  • Physically_Insane 30 Dec 2013 13:24:12 8,667 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree. The Stereophonics are utter garbage.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2013 13:36:02
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    SG59 wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Everything the Stereophonics ever put out.
    Fucking YES!

Bunch of talentless hacks, rock music for people who don't like rock music.
    No. Just no.

You want to see talentless? Go watch X factor or the simon cowell idea of music, or hear any "artist" that goes under the name of rap. Not many people can write, sing, perform and try and change styles as they do it. You may not like them, that's fine, but they are definatly not talentless.
    Yes. Just yes.

Shit like the X Factor doesn't even come into it, it's a school talent show run by rich people.

The Stereophonics are a band that have made a name by peddling their own wares as artists and songwriters, thus presenting themselves as credible artists and inevitably inviting comparisons against a whole world's worth of creatives. And in that comparison, they are at the bottom of the heap. Shit songs, shit musicians.

My main genres are metal, rock and jazz. Stereophonics are a shit rock band, but I could name a list as long as my arm of good hip-hop artists. There's a pretty discernible difference between being outright shit and just not doing it for someone.
    I don't agree, but it's your opinion. Hip hop is laughable bad from what I've seen. Kelly Jones has more then proven to be a good song writer over the years. In most of their songs there's always a little story in them, which can sometimes add more on repeative plays. To call them a rock band in the traditional sense is a bit silly though. They've had few songs over the years that are rock in the traditional sense.

Edited by SG59 at 13:39:48 30-12-2013
  • Dr.Haggard 30 Dec 2013 13:56:05 4,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    gunark wrote:
    Thirty Seconds to Mars - The sound of a band collectively disappearing up their singer's backside. Don't even get me started on their videos.

Unless it's all a Morrisian joke, it which case, well played Jared, well played.
    This. Thanks to my daughter I've been exposed to Thirty Seconds To Mars a fair bit since their first album, and even she's completely gone off them now - a couple of albums ago in fact.

I'm surprised to find myself admitting that their debut was actually pretty interesting, if shamelessly Tool-influenced. I can't say I liked it, but it was far from bad and showed some impressive song writing skill in places.

I don't know what happened (the cynic in me assumes the lure of a huge mainstream teen audience and the bags of money that go along with that happened) but since then everything they've released has been complete and utter drivel. They threw away the interesting arrangements and the prog and metal influences and just decided to make awful pop music instead.

No great loss to music certainly, but it's still a shame to see a band with at least some semblance of integrity and talent just chuck it in the bin.
  • imamazed 30 Dec 2013 14:07:10 5,524 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SG59 wrote:

Hip hop is laughable bad from what I've seen.
    I point you toward the problem.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2013 14:14:30
    imamazed wrote:
    SG59 wrote:

Hip hop is laughable bad from what I've seen.
    I point you toward the problem.
    Considering the amount of music I listen too, it really isn't.
  • Chopsen 30 Dec 2013 14:20:40 15,753 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Florence and the machine.
    Seen her live (twice I think) at festivals, and really surprisingly boring performance.

See also: Arcade Fire.
  • thelzdking 30 Dec 2013 14:25:18 4,332 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Stereophonics have been shit since day one. Having said that Local Boy in the Photograph is a mint song, although that is mainly because it sounds a little bit like Texas is the Reason.
  • BeardedGamerUK 30 Dec 2013 15:37:37 1,304 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    I will offer a tenner for the head of Lily Allen.
    And an extra fiver for her dad!
  • BeardedGamerUK 30 Dec 2013 15:43:20 1,304 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    Thought this would've been updated with some shite music since I'd last visited. Another cracker, on par with Rebecca Black

Edit: Embedding isn't working for me for some reason.

Edited by johnson81 at 01:54:56 30-12-2013
    Truly awful song! I lasted until she said 'Ha ha ha Jack my swag'.
  • thelzdking 30 Dec 2013 15:53:52 4,332 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That Chinese food song was awesome.
  • Physically_Insane 30 Dec 2013 15:56:51 8,667 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    johnson81 wrote:
    Thought this would've been updated with some shite music since I'd last visited. Another cracker, on par with Rebecca Black

Edit: Embedding isn't working for me for some reason.

Edited by johnson81 at 01:54:56 30-12-2013
    Truly awful song! I lasted until she said 'Ha ha ha Jack my swag'.
    Better version:

• McEwan 30 Dec 2013 16:19:59 286 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I find Rap music a lot like Rock music - it sounds better when people care about the subject matter be it Public Enemy with "911 is a joke" or Def Leppard with their "Hysteria" album - their spirit is in the recordings.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2013 16:24:31
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 30 December 2013 16:24:38
    American rnb and hip hop artists doing dance music.
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Dec 2013 16:25:06 10,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree. The Stereophonics are utter garbage.
    Indeed, incredibly boring.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 9 January 2014 15:16:53
    The Holy Bible by The Manic Street Preachers.

Don't mind some of their other stuff, but this one seems to get so much praise...why?
  • Zomoniac 9 Jan 2014 16:11:01 7,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because member vanished and/or died. Always seems to help.
  • Physically_Insane 9 Jan 2014 17:11:26 8,667 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You know when a song (usually electro/house) is in the build up and every bar it doubles the kick or snare, and then in pauses for a bar (sometimes accompanied by some shitty vocal), and then the beat drops? I fucking hate that shit.

Some girl on the bus was listening (VERY LOUDLY) to some generic dance mix. Every track was arranged the same. I almost got off my seat to tell how bad her music taste was.

Don't get me wrong, I love dance music (been djing for about 4 years), but the amount of absolute, uninspired, generic shit that's about is incredible.
  • FuzzyDuck 10 Jan 2014 17:39:24 3,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah it's pretty crap, but common to a lot of genres, unfortunately.
  • Metalfish 10 Jan 2014 18:13:52 8,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slightly odd, but taking the Killing Floor soundtrack as an example, throaty screaming in place of singing/talent/innovation. The instrumentals in the game are perfectly acceptable, if boring, grimy rawk metal.

Any time the "vocals" turn up it's cringeworthy shit. I've no idea how this sound ever got popular. It'd be like if any other genre of music had every word replaced by "la". It sounds so catacylsmically pathetic. The difference between the intent ("powerful" roaring) and effect (pitifully impotent baboon-bellowing) has got to be the most jarring aspect.
  • RedSparrows 10 Jan 2014 18:50:51 22,104 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I've never been a big fan of loads of screaming. Done rarely, like Chris Cornell uses it, it can be great. Billy Corgan screams like a demon in some songs, but it's not all the time.

Metal, i grant you, has different rules ^^
  • reggy72 10 Jan 2014 22:03:37 265 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The problem with a lot of genres is dependant on when you found them inspiring or interesting, I was big into rap and hip hop way back in the mid 80's up to the early 90's which for me as its pinnacle, crews such as Ultra Magnetic MC's/JVC Force/EPMD and a whole host of others or public Enemy's It takes a nation of millions to hold us back album the most important album in hip hop history is where hip hop was for me, anything after this era for me is just a rehash of these pioneering days. The same with dance music, I'd rather listen to the entire 2 unlimited back catalogue which were laughable in their day than most of the modern dance music that plagues the airwaves these days.
  • Widge Moderator 15 Jan 2014 15:36:20 13,273 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Falling under my sphere of music and not something I can really classify as hate, I'm just not down with Juke/Footwork. Seems to be incredibly popular right now.

I can deal with variations on a theme such as the Snow Ghosts ethereal take on it, but the purist stuff just sounds awful to my ears.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• nickthegun 15 Jan 2014 15:43:09 58,949 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reef.

I know they are old but, christ... Im locked in a never ending battle of deleting it from the work playlist and someone putting it back on because they think its funny.

OOOOOOOHH PLAAAAAAAAACE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUR HAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDD ONNNNN MY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SHUT THE HELL UP!

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Steve_Perry 15 Jan 2014 16:43:04 3,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I fucking hate that song.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• kalel 15 Jan 2014 16:50:34 86,449 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The younger hipsters at my work at the moment are going through a bit of a "shit 90s music" phase. I can't quite work out if it's ironic, or whether they genuinely think it's brilliant. it feels like the latter. Either way it's doing my head in.
  • imamazed 15 Jan 2014 16:54:24 5,524 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Alright grandad!
  • Page

of 21 First / Last