Champions Online Page 33

• Page

of 33 First / Last

Next
  • DFawkes 26 Jan 2011 20:37:28 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Indeed, if you're going to allow flight, that makes all the other flight variants horribly overpriced. Swinging, Ice Slide and Tunneling I can almost see the logic, but Fire Flight? That's pretty much a firey skins for a free power. Jet Boots for 336 points? No thanks, I'll just pretend I'm going a tiny bit faster than I am.

The adventure packs are quite reasonably priced though. Most of the costume pieces are fairly reasonable too, though a way to preview them on your character would be nice, or better yet break down the prices to each individual piece so people can spend a few points on just a helmet (or whatever part).

Consumables seem okay too. Services are mostly okay except the ludicrous price of 2 character slots. Overall I'm quite please with the C-Store, though as there's a sale on I do not officially approve as the current prices really should be the base prices.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• iokthemonkey 26 Jan 2011 21:57:53 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know, it's ridiculous - who is going to realistically pay the 3 or 4 quid it costs just to have an aura added to their flight power? And it's such a narrow-use look anyway!

And yes, individual parts would be much better. They need to really look at stuff like The Sims 3, for example, and see how they price their component-parts and sets, as the current prices are quite ridiculous. As I say, I think it's 800 points (and it'll be 1000 when the ''sale'' ends) for 2 character slots. That's 7.50 GBP and that's about 6.50 too much, IMO.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• DFawkes 26 Jan 2011 22:02:38 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's just not logical. If you're charging for powers and costume pieces, you want people to have a few characters. The more characters they have, the more costumes they'll makes and powers they'll want to use.

In that respect, character slots are a gateway purchase that'd lead to others. Making that so pricey is really idiotic and misguided.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• iokthemonkey 26 Jan 2011 22:23:46 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Exactly. I doubt anybody's going to buy more than the two extra slots, given how expensive it is. Yet if they priced them at, say a quid a slot, MORE people would buy MORE slots, as and when they wanted them and wouldn't think twice about it.

Hopefully in a month or two Cryptic will see they're not pulling in the Turbine-level of Micro-transactions and reconsider the pricing. Although given they way Atari/they are, they'll probably declare it a failure and just let it die.

• DFawkes 26 Jan 2011 22:34:38 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I reckon it'll tick along, but they won't see the kind of revenue increase LOTRO did as they've not went to the extra effort of carefully guiding you towards the stuff you pay for. I did have one quest sending me to the building where you start the quests for the 2 expansions, that was it.

Even a few bonus points for perks. In LOTRO, it gave me half the points I'd need for the Riding Skill, so buying a few extra points to round it up was a lot more tempting.

• WinterSnowblind 26 Jan 2011 23:10:02 1,237 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    The adventure packs are quite reasonably priced though. Most of the costume pieces are fairly reasonable too, though a way to preview them on your character would be nice, or better yet break down the prices to each individual piece so people can spend a few points on just a helmet (or whatever part).

When you go into the costume editor you can preview parts, even if you don't own them. I definitely agree you should be able to buy separate parts though. There's a few of the cyborg arm accessories I'd like, but I don't want to purchase the entire pack for a bunch of items I'm not going to use.

Hopefully this is something they improve as it goes on.
  • DFawkes 26 Jan 2011 23:14:23 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do apologise, I didn't realise that. I thought it hid them until you bought them (there a set I wanted to preview but couldn't find).

• iokthemonkey 27 Jan 2011 00:37:00 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wonder if Silver account holders can unlock the sets that were unlock-able to subscribers prior to the revamp...

• Kovacs77 1 Mar 2011 20:41:43 365 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've just started a Silver account and I'm quite enjoying it, it's like a crap version of Crackdown but with a cool character thingy. Reckon I'll get bored pretty quickly, so I've bought a retail copy of it off Amazon for 2.95.

Can I enter the Product Key and upgrade my Silver account, keeping my characters, but then getting access to the Gold features for a month?
  • DFawkes 1 Mar 2011 20:52:16 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, but do remembe if you convert a character to Gold, they can't convert back once that month is up.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Jun 2011 21:46:44 38,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BUMP

Since it's Free-To-Play on Steam now I'm looking to restart a Super Group. Here's the catch though - to form a SG we need the following:

5 members
    Must all be in a team at the time
    Must be in the Champions HQ together
    The accounts mustn't be new.

Anyone want in? We can arrange a date and time to do this!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Bloodloss 19 Jun 2011 23:56:35 4,499 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry about not responding on Steam, I was AFK. I'm not sure if I'll be eligible - I made my account some time ago, but my superhero is only a few days old. But yeah, I'd be up for it.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Jun 2011 06:26:18 38,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Doesn't matter about the superhero, it goes by the account.

So we definitely have 5 people now... Just got to get us all online at the same time :-D

• Dave_McCoy 20 Jun 2011 10:08:45 2,775 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a dream about a great name for the Super Group...I've forgotton it now.

Anyway, it's a pretty good game really. There's a ridiculous amount of customisation you can do to the characters. Granted though, that means there's a *lot* of Duke Nukems about at the moment.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Jun 2011 10:11:39 38,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Name suggestions then... Last night we had;

The Uncredibles
    Legends of EG

And a couple of others I can't remember.

• myk 11 Jul 2011 17:31:48 553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    did a super group get formed in the end?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Jul 2011 17:45:11 38,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No. I'm still well up for it though.

• DFawkes 11 Jul 2011 17:45:47 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope, we've never had a big enough group at once. We'd really have to set a day and all pop on.

• Dave_McCoy 11 Jul 2011 17:53:34 2,775 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think I've even played it since then. I like it, just not got round to it.

STO has been my MMO this month. Although Foundry is down :-(
  • DFawkes 11 Jan 2012 13:41:58 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are there enough people still around to form a Supergroup sometime? I'm hoping that's stop all the random SG invites all the time. Plus it'd be nice to see who's on sometimes - it's not always clear from my friends list as it's shared with Star Trek Online.

• Garfy 14 Mar 2012 11:23:26 683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got spam today using the exact email address variant that I used to signup with cryptic studios.

Selling my address to spammers, not cool cryptic, not cool.

Edit: Turned out it was a mistake by Perfect world not spam, especially relieved to find that out after the hacking thing.

Edited by Garfy at 17:26:57 26-04-2012
  • CaptCastle 3 Aug 2012 19:04:54 33 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was just thinking about this game oddly. Forgot I had a lifetime account thing. Logged in to website and it seems I've built up 7950 credits from my monthly allowance. Really cant be bothered to redownload the client though, my internet is too shoddy.

If only there was a legal way to sell these accounts!
  • DFawkes 3 Aug 2012 20:40:47 22,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's still a good game, with quite a lot added now. The subscription is a lot more useful on CO than some other F2P MMOs I've played, so all that Zen you've built up will mostly be useful for cosmetic stuff. There are a few other things like device that transform you into some of the games bosses or unlock new travel powers, but your lifetime sub will get you most of the good stuff.

Plus you'll have all your Veteran Reward stuff waiting for you. If you want to play again. I wonder how well it's doing? Always seems busy enough around the hubs.

• Page

of 33 First / Last

Next