Just-Eat online ordering

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • DaisyD 11 Jan 2009 18:20:46 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone else discovered this little gem of a site? It makes it so much easier ordering take away online. Under my post code we currently have 3 pizza shops, 2 Indians and a Japanese signed up to the service. We've only used it once to order one from one of the Indian's and there service was great. The Japanese is new, so will have to try it out soon. I just like the idea I can go to one website and have a variety of different foods to choose from. I'd be interested to here how it is in other areas.
  • Lukus 11 Jan 2009 18:24:08 19,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No restaurants in my area on the service.

Paintings & Photographs

• JYM60 11 Jan 2009 18:24:13 16,828 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried a few postcodes, none using it. Probably not doing NI yet or something, though they did let you select it.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• DaisyD 11 Jan 2009 18:29:10 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's loads in my sister's post code area.
  • caligari 11 Jan 2009 18:31:36 17,057 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got four or five in my area - pretty cool site. I hope a few more places sign up to it.
  • BillMurray 11 Jan 2009 18:34:34 7,745 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I use Just-Eat and hungryhouse.co.uk all the time, usually as I hate ordering from takeaways over the phone as they always get the order wrong. Infact i've used Just-Eat so often that I have enough "points" for a t-shirt :|.

Probably a sign that I should leave off the junk food for a bit.
  • DaisyD 11 Jan 2009 18:38:13 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't know about hungryhouse. That's added another 2 restuarants to my choice! \o/
  • Duffking 11 Jan 2009 18:40:00 7,267 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Their logo almost looks like a goatse though. A smiling one.
  • paul_haine 11 Jan 2009 18:44:32 4,205 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use hungryhouse.co.uk a lot these days, online ordering is clearly what separates us from the beasts.
  • DevilsKebab 11 Jan 2009 19:20:32 649 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I use Just-Eat all the time, I'm in NW6, very good service.
  • Load_2.0 11 Jan 2009 20:20:00 19,303 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are quite a few those sites.

Justeat
    Meal2go
    Hungryhorse
    fancyabitetoeat

Some others, I find it more useful than having to converse when hungover.

Kiwi accent+hangover+bedridden x takeaway accent = pain.
  • Razz 11 Jan 2009 20:28:32 61,224 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:
    Holy shit I clicked that link without looking at the url. I thought the website had snooped my IP figured out where I lived. I though I had to put in my postcode first... that's when it dawned on me. I live close to DaisyD's sister. How old is she?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• silentbob 11 Jan 2009 20:31:32 28,975 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't tell 'im Daisy. His wily charms might corrupt her pure heart.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Benno 11 Jan 2009 20:45:41 9,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol
  • Fizzog 11 Jan 2009 21:09:37 4,108 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I couldn't find any in my area and I'm right next to Coventry. Rubbish.
  • DaisyD 11 Jan 2009 21:28:51 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    DaisyD wrote:
    Holy shit I clicked that link without looking at the url. I thought the website had snooped my IP figured out where I lived. I though I had to put in my postcode first... that's when it dawned on me. I live close to DaisyD's sister. How old is she?

She's married with 2 kids - one of which is only 2 months old, so easy tiger.
  • Ajay 11 Jan 2009 21:37:30 2,412 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's pretty good. Links about 40 places, more than half of which I wouldn't have otherwise thought of. Neat.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2009 21:51:47
    Used it a bit but few of the decent take outs in my area are in it. Also the take outs just called me as soon as Id ordered and went through it all again on the phone. Then when they delivered they all told me to call and not use the site.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2009 21:54:39
    Razz wrote:
    DaisyD wrote:

Dodgy round there though innit.
  • Pirotic Moderator 11 Jan 2009 21:56:44 20,647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm confused, how is this any different from looking at the yellow pages or the countless take-away menus which get chucked into the letterbox every day?

If anything it's another chain in the loop to go wrong and fuck up your order isn't it?
  • paul_haine 11 Jan 2009 21:59:32 4,205 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    I'm confused, how is this any different from looking at the yellow pages or the countless take-away menus which get chucked into the letterbox every day?

Does the Yellow Pages have menus, online ordering and user reviews and ratings?
  • Gretters 11 Jan 2009 22:01:28 2,628 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So long as you're not overly paranoid about online credit card fraud which:

a) I'm not, and

b) I should be

it's a removal of a chain if anything, due to not having to have cash at delivery. A Godsend at 01:30 on a Saturday when you and your mates (who didn't really want to pull tonight anyway) decide kebab and chips is the way forward.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Jan 2009 22:02:37 38,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmmm, it lists 1 restaurant in my postcode. I can think of 4 more off hand.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Pirotic Moderator 11 Jan 2009 22:07:36 20,647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:

Have you tried finding a JR Hartley book online tho?

I have enough problems ordering directly, they either get the order wrong, turn up hours later or don't turn up at all. I suspect it's more because they hear my English accent when I phone up, bloody scots.

'aii this english twat want's some vegaterian food, la-de-fucking-da, lets give the bastard a kebab!!'
  • Petrarch 11 Jan 2009 22:08:01 3,426 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gretters wrote:
    So long as you're not overly paranoid about online credit card fraud

To be honest when I worked for the bank, a lot of the fraud stuff was down to people being being utterly stupid with their details and simply not keeping their wits about them - only a few of the cases were down to actual theft of the details.

Ones like people getting a call saying they'd won a free cruise then giving their credit card info out for the "processing fee". That one induced some eye-rolling moments.

Edit: That's not to say I don't think it's a problem, of course it is, but it would be less widespread if people would just pay more attention to what they're doing with credit cards.
  • Gretters 11 Jan 2009 22:12:53 2,628 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm completely unpurturbed by it, but was employing standard EG 'Post-Protection' which involves trying to predict the trolling and move past it before it overtakes the actual point of your statement.

I'm with you; it's a problem. If you're a complete bell-end with your details.
  • paul_haine 11 Jan 2009 22:17:18 4,205 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    paul_haine wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:

Have you tried finding a JR Hartley book online tho?

I have enough problems ordering directly, they either get the order wrong, turn up hours later or don't turn up at all. I suspect it's more because they hear my English accent when I phone up, bloody scots.

'aii this english twat want's some vegaterian food, la-de-fucking-da, lets give the bastard a kebab!!'

So...it sounds like what you need is some form of online-ordering system...
  • terminalterror 12 Jan 2009 00:20:44 18,937 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Their logo almost looks like a goatse though. A smiling one.

:D
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous