Official Borderlands Thread Page 192

• Page

of 192 First / Last

Next
  • Vortex808 7 Sep 2012 09:35:38 6,552 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I may well need some help at some point, it's slow going at the moment. It's sort of nice to be dying again as I was over-levelled for a lot of claptrap rev, but it's happening quite a lot, which is rather frustrating. I need some higher level elemental damage stuff as all my good loot from claptrap was in the 40's and I'm now in the 50's so it doesn't hurt enemies as much as I'd like!

Are you up for some co-op tonight? Barbour was looking to play some co-op tonight. It'd be non-DLC I think by the looks of a message I got from him last night, otherwise I would have invited him in to my game.

Edited by Vortex808 at 09:36:10 07-09-2012
  • Deleted user 7 September 2012 11:24:08
    I'll probably be on tonight, so if you see me just send an invite and I'll join.
  • Vortex808 7 Sep 2012 11:33:13 6,552 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Will do. If barbour doesn't make it online for some borderlands action, I'll just plug away at the knoxx stuff and see how it goes.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Sep 2012 11:38:55 13,797 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started Brick...lvl 1. God damn my saves not transfering across!
    oh well I had a few things left to do anyway and at least the game is awesome.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 7 September 2012 11:49:27
    Join us for some co-op duff!
  • Vortex808 7 Sep 2012 12:19:38 6,552 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes indeed.

No idea which level barbour is at. I have a 50-odd soldier, but also have the rest at between 5-10 I think.

Not sure what's best to get you levelled up quickly from a level 1 character.

:confused:

You could join sessions hosted by one of us, although that would mean your character would jump up without completing any missions though. I need to get more of a grip on how it all works...

I have left fyrestone now, so am a fair bit into playthrough 2 with my main character.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Sep 2012 12:36:38 13,797 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Vortex808
    That would not be a problem, I have completed the game anyway. seen 99.9% what the game has to offer including dlc, except for the mega grind...you know what dlc I mean ;)

Hope to see you all if not tonight then soon. I can't remember does my MP dude start from 1 as well ? or do I use the same build ?

I got the 4000 waves of Horde (again) today 20000 xp thank you very much ;)
    The event is KOTHgnasher.

• gallow 7 Sep 2012 14:07:14 468 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what platform are you playing coop on? I can play on pc or ps3. I only have a level 40 lilith on pc but a level 60 sniper and a level 40ish soldier (coop build) on ps3.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Sep 2012 14:24:33 13,797 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @gallow
    360 :)
    I do also have on the ps3 thanks to playstationplus...
    but 360 console of choice.

• RedSparrows 7 Sep 2012 15:07:49 20,743 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to play Ned and Moxxi. I've hardly touched them. Meh.
  • gallow 7 Sep 2012 15:09:27 468 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

no problem.
  • Vortex808 17 Sep 2012 00:16:36 6,552 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Argh. Soloing crawmerax is bastard hard even using the glitch.

I had him down to a sliver of health twice with just needing to hit the back a couple more times, then for some reason my split-screen decoy stopped working.... and then he or his offspring located me.

Bah.
  • Zizoo 12 Oct 2012 09:40:50 7,686 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I finally picked this up. \o/

Is this possible to complete by myself?

Also, which is the best DLC? I got the GOTY edition, but my net is capped so I can't get all of them right now.
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Oct 2012 10:28:23 1,433 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah sure you can play and enjoy it very much in a solo adventure! Enjoy! It's the cat's pyjamas!

I has a question. I'm playing through this and am confused about how you tell what gun is the better. Currently I'm going on how much it's worth to decide. Is that a sound way to do it?

For example I have 2 guns but one has less damage yet does elemental damage is that gun better? Also shotguns are confusing with their x number thing.
  • Vortex808 13 Oct 2012 10:36:32 6,552 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I soloed it all. It'll takes ages to complete,so downloads shouldn't be an issue.

Zombie island first, skip Moxxi's and then knoxx, followed by claptrap is probably the best way.

I played claptrap then knoxx and a tiny bit was out of sync that way.
  • themanfromdelmonte 13 Oct 2012 10:55:17 540 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ZizouFC

Yeah, it's not that hard to complete solo. Roland or Lillith are the better solo characters.

Knoxx is the best DLC, then probably Claptrap, Doctor Ned's. Ned's is a bit better, but Claptrap continues the story from Knoxx. Keep Moxxi on the back burner.

@wobbly_Bob

It depends. Certain elemental types are good in certain situations. Electric vs shields, corrosive vs armour, fire vs flesh. So if you were going into an area with a lot of bandits and skags a fire elemental gun with a lower flat damage would be the better gun to use. Against the Crimson Lance, a corrosive gun. Against Guardians, an electric gun. With elements guns look at the "X1, X2, X3, X4" this indicates the chance of the elemental effect happening.

So there is no categorical "Better.", the best thing to do is suck it and see. If you find an interesting looking gun, give it a whirl, preferably against the right sort of enemy.

Character also plays a part. If you're playing as Lilith, steer more towards mainly elemental guns, as her skill tree has some buffs for them. As Mord, as you progress through the game there's less (no) need for electric guns if you're using the Trespass skill, as this bypasses shields.

Also bare in mind that elemental fauna will be immune the damage from the same elemental type (and I think Skagzilla is immune to all elemental damage) so carry an assortment of various elements and flat damage guns.

And with Shottys, I found fire rate and magazine size to be more important than flat damage.

The miriad guns is made slightly less confusing in the first game, due to them being a little unbalanced across the types. SMGs to me were the best, with Assault Rifles, Revolvers, (fast fire rate) Machine Pistols and Shottys being good. Snipers are ok, but either a Revolver with a good scope, or a scoped, burst Assault rifle will be just as much use, or more useful at range. The only use I found for Rocket Launchers in the first game, were against turret mounted enemies.

Hope that helps.
  • ecureuil 13 Oct 2012 12:33:40 76,006 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I has a question. I'm playing through this and am confused about how you tell what gun is the better. Currently I'm going on how much it's worth to decide. Is that a sound way to do it?
    Try them. That's most of the fun of the game really, even guns that don't seem great might perform above expectations.
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Oct 2012 21:18:36 1,433 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah that's a help, thanks guys. :-)
  • Zizoo 13 Oct 2012 21:29:44 7,686 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks themanfromdelmonte

As someone who is new to PC gaming, it's frustrating having my fps go from 60 to 30 if I turn dynamic shadows on.

I have everything else on full, but can't get it anywhere near as high even with everything on the lowest when dynamic shadows is on. Why is it so demanding?? Are they present on the console versions?

Edited by ZizouFC at 21:31:05 13-10-2012
  • Moot_Point 13 Oct 2012 22:37:53 3,500 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dynamic shadows

Dynamic shadows
    The engine is capable of three different kinds of shadows. One just places a circle with faded edges at the characters' feet, commonly known as the "blob shadow" technique. The other two modes project an accurate polygonal shadow across the floor. The difference between the latter two modes is one's reliance on opaque, solid black shadows while the other mode attempts (with mixed success) to project depth-pass stencil shadow volume shadows in a medium-transparent black. Neither of these techniques clip the shadow volumes, causing the shadows to extend down walls and through geometry.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• kentmonkey 2 Apr 2013 20:49:10 20,071 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just started playing this now (I know - I'm so down with the kids) on PS3 and have all of the DLC for it. I'm only a little way in as I'm busy at the moment and don't have much spare time. I think I'm only level 17 or something like that, having done most of the Arid missions (just defeated the boss with the huge shotgun - looked a bit like a gimped-up minotaur I guess).

Is there any reason why I can't also dabble with the DLC missions or should I leave them until I'm more levelled up?

And in what order did the DLC come out and does it have to be played in order?

Any help much appreciated.
  • M83J01P97 2 Apr 2013 21:18:06 6,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and finally Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.

Play them in that order as well, with the exception of Mad Moxxi which you should basically ignore as it's just a horde mode that is next to impossible unless you have people to co-op with, but even then it's not very fun.

Edited by M83J01P97 at 21:25:25 02-04-2013
  • kentmonkey 2 Apr 2013 21:22:36 20,071 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers, that helps. What about my level; could I feasibly attempt any of those yet at Level 17?
  • M83J01P97 2 Apr 2013 21:26:40 6,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zombie island probably, but they started ramping up in the difficulty in General Knoxx, so I'd leave the last two until you have cleared the main game, but in all honesty, I'd leave Zombie island until you've finished the main game as well.
  • kentmonkey 2 Apr 2013 22:38:00 20,071 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cool, will do. There's enough for me to keep busy with. I'm only getting an hour or two a week for the next month or so so I'm not going to get far! :o)

Thanks for the advice.
  • uk-kob 24 Apr 2013 14:28:01 126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    i am starting this game again on the 360 with the siren, going to try and get 1000gs, if i get into again like i did with ps3 version, so if any low ranked players want to add me, it would be nice to play some co op, but if i let randoms in there usually rank 61 with modded weapons.

gt: uk simonc
  • Page

of 192 First / Last

Next