Must Have PS3 Games Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Scimarad 2 Jan 2009 14:24:10 8,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Wrong? I don't know, I'm sure VC can be someone's favourite game on the system. I read the quote as "best of many" as opposed to wayneh's "only good game" comment.

Aaahh! I could have sworn I read that comment earlier on and it said 'only game worth getting a PS3 for'. I clearly have my wires crossed.

Apologies!
  • shimeehoho 2 Jan 2009 14:57:21 15 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    i went a bit mad on my ps3 library (far away sandy country and not much to do when i first bought it, haven't learnt to stop buying games since coming back) but games i would definitely recommend (if not to echo the rest of this list)

exclusives first
    littlebigplanet - i've never seen so many adult faces light up with the sheer joy and malicious intent when they realise they can slap each other (wait until they get to play with the paintball guns from the mgs pack)

wipeout hd - i bought it the day it came out and still have no regrets about the price, zone mode alone has kept me going for a good few hours (and it's fun to watch your mates look like they want to throw up when they first play it or you flip into the cockpit when at zen speed)

warhawk - no single player game (or bots which does kind of suck) but taking it online makes it so much better, 32 player aerial/mounted/foot combat with a forgiving physics engine (ie if you turbo your warhawk through a tunnel to chase the jeep carrying your flag and clip the wall you don't die but take some heavy damage) it's a good laugh. my only complaint is the guest player blocking system... why????

valkyria chronicles turn based strategy game so not exactly everyone's cup of tea, but the watercolour painting effect is amazing, if not just for the slight edge where the colour fades into black and white drawings around the edge of the screen during the cutscenes

uncharted the game was ok, if you want a laugh at it watch the yahtzees zero punctuation review of it and then try and play it with a straight face. though if you want to see impressive graphics on a release (well, close to release) title, buy this, and go to the end of the german gunboat on the waterfall and pan the camera around

resistance 2 i really really really wasn't impressed by the demo of the first though the second had made me seriously consider buying 1 just in case i have been wrong (plus a gunfight in a cathedral can never be a bad thing). at 8/10 on eg (same as gow2) i and the possibility of doing split screen (which is a let down unless it's online) i picked it up with little regrets. 60 player deathmatches are so much fun :)

siren blood curse want a scary game whilst you're waiting for resi this year? try this one. you can either download it or pick up on disc and it's worth the 20

folklore a nice little gem often over looked. created by yoshiki okamoto (producer of onimusha, devil may cry and resident evil), a beautiful rpg if not a little repetitive, worth a shot if you want something interesting to play.

metal gear solid 4 like playing and watching a movie (literally with the number of cutscenes, the amount of times i fell asleep waiting for one to finish so i could save and go to bed..) and definitely worth it if you're a fan of the series, i've known others who haven't been but have still enjoyed it but maybe not as much as where as it does explain the previous events your really have to know your games history, if not just to appreciate some of the in game jokes

non ps3 exclusives

mirror's edge
    burnout: paradise
    cod4
    bioshock
    prince of persia
    fallout 3
    assassin's creed
    the orange box
    gta iv
    pes 09
    devil may cry 4

so those, plus the playstation store games (riff everyday shooter and stardust are definite buys) and there you have it.
  • uglygamer 2 Jan 2009 15:00:15 11,799 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wipeout HD. The price and game are fantastic.
    Saints row 2, can be gotten for under 20 pounds. The true successor to Gta Vice CIty or San Andreas

• Widge Moderator 2 Jan 2009 15:16:02 12,618 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is the script on SR2 as dire as I imagine it to be?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• uglygamer 2 Jan 2009 15:19:53 11,799 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Is the script on SR2 as dire as I imagine it to be?

The script if you like the Gangster way is very entertaining. But the game is a throwback to GTA San Andreas and Vice City, but even more fun. The activities and game is all about fun. Its a pretty long game, made longer by the need pretty much to do the activities. I hear Co-operation is a joy too, but I havent tested that part yet.
  • wayneh 2 Jan 2009 15:30:22 2,207 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    Wrong? I don't know, I'm sure VC can be someone's favourite game on the system. I read the quote as "best of many" as opposed to wayneh's "only good game" comment.

Aaahh! I could have sworn I read that comment earlier on and it said 'only game worth getting a PS3 for'. I clearly have my wires crossed.

Apologies!

Let me expand on my original comment, VC is the only good game that sets it aside from the xbox. Obviously there are many good games for the PS3 but this one stands out and is an exclusive.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Rash' 2 Jan 2009 15:36:27 948 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wayneh, There are plenty of games on PS3 "that sets it aside from the xbox". You clearly don't know enough about them... GOTY LBP being another.
  • wayneh 2 Jan 2009 15:46:01 2,207 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LBP, sorry tried it but can't get in to it. I want to love it and buy into the hype but it just doesn't click for me. What I mean is even the exclusives have got comparables on the xbox but VC stands out as being something exceptional and different and is worth owning a PS3 for.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Rash' 2 Jan 2009 15:58:34 948 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know what you mean't and there is nothing like LBP on 360 (though I understand MS are in the process of making their own version). That has nothing to do with whether you like it or not. That's a seperate personal issue which you are entitled to.
  • Scimarad 2 Jan 2009 16:12:02 8,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I obviously quoted the wrong person, sorry disc:)

Personally I think LBP is an amazing game and I'm sorry I didn't start playing it earlier. I'd definitely miss it if I didn't have my PS3.

• Rash' 2 Jan 2009 16:51:28 948 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^^^You should post that on this thread: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=135487
    LBP is one of the games of the decade.
  • Scimarad 2 Jan 2009 16:55:16 8,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No thanks, I've got better things to do than trying to change the minds of idiots:)
  • Rash' 2 Jan 2009 16:57:35 948 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't really argue with that...
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • BartonFink 7 Mar 2013 17:32:05 34,790 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow this is as dead as the dodo but an appropriate place for my post.

See the search works - sometimes ;)

So I have recently rejoined the PS3 gaming fraternity after a bit of an absence (YLOD) and bought PS3 #4 at the weekend along with nice little PS Vita as a companion.

So any must haves out there for it?
    Have the Uncharted, Resistance, LBP games already. Picked up Heavy Rain, Modnation Racers, and Killzone 2 at the weekend. Got inFamous 2 on PS+. What other little gems would you recommend - No cross platform stuff buy all that on 360 already.
  • King_Edward 7 Mar 2013 17:57:16 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Demon's Souls? Perhaps not a "must have" as it's so dividing, but certainly one of my favourite games.

Journey, for the pacifist in you. Only just begun Ni No Kuni, but it seems good. Valkyria Chronicles if you haven't played that too.

Edited by King_Edward at 18:39:48 07-03-2013
  • BartonFink 7 Mar 2013 18:34:51 34,790 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Have heard mixed reactions about Demon's Souls alright. Still think I will pick it up.
    Not so sure about VC looks like a TJRPG

Ni No Kuni now that looks really nice.
  • mrpon 7 Mar 2013 18:36:56 27,664 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God of War? Love them myself and thought the third was stunning.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• BartonFink 7 Mar 2013 18:44:52 34,790 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got GoW III with the console - never played any of them so that was a bonus.
  • SlimSpudly87 7 Mar 2013 18:56:29 72 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Heavy Rain - superb game!
  • BartonFink 7 Mar 2013 18:59:11 34,790 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SlimSpudly87 wrote:
    Heavy Rain - superb game!
    Got it :D
  • Deleted user 7 March 2013 19:00:54
    PixelJunk Shooter - great little game.

You may also want to have a look at getting a PS+ subscription.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2013 19:01:45
    I'd add 3D Dot Game Heroes, Motorstorm Pacific Rift (3D version is excellent) or RC(definitely VC for the story), GT5, and obviously MGS4's single player is still possibly the highest level of visual fidelity in a game this gen (as none of it is fake cubemapped); also has full install and trophy support now. The story is nuts at first, but on a second play-through the game can be savoured. If you are into golf games, then either Everybody's golf (with or without the move patch) or sports champions 2 with move are great.

Move specific games.

Killzone 3 with sharpshooter is a great experience, you may also like Resistance 3.
    Sports champions 1 (and 2) have many great modes.
    Tumble is still worth a shout out.
  • richardiox 7 Mar 2013 19:02:31 5,422 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New God of War out next week too, which includes a Last of Us demo.
  • mrpon 7 Mar 2013 19:07:00 27,664 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll add Overkill for some Move related zombie gun splatter!!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Rodriguez 7 Mar 2013 19:48:26 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BartonFink

Do you like golf? Everybody's Golf World Tour is supposed to be quite a lot of fun! I don't own the game myself but have played the demo numerous times and want to pick it up at some stage.

The Motorstorm games are good for a blast of adrenaline fueled, arcade racing fun. *Pacific Rift was my favorite (*the servers have been turned off if you like online though). Of course, there's also Gran Turismo 5 for simulation racing.

I'm currently playing Ni no Kuni and can confirm it's a lovely game, just as long as you like JRPG's and slightly awkward battle systems.

You mentioned possibly not getting Valkyrie Chronicles, but I reckon it's a pretty damn awesome, gorgeous looking game and not overly difficult to play. It has quite a touching story in parts too.

How about the PS3 Ratchet&Clank games for some platforming action?

There's also Yakuza 3&4/Dead Souls, Killzone 3, Heavenly Sword, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Ico/SotC HD, Tokyo Jungle etc...

That's all I can think of for now ;)
  • BartonFink 7 Mar 2013 21:05:57 34,790 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Saturn_Ascends wrote:
    PixelJunk Shooter - great little game.

You may also want to have a look at getting a PS+ subscription.
    Think I have PixelJunk from the last PS3 just have to figure out how to download it again.
    Picked up one of the codes from EG over the weekend and have downloaded a load of games for the PS3 and Vita. Think I am gonna splurge on the sub.
  • BartonFink 7 Mar 2013 21:09:51 34,790 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @BartonFink

Do you like golf? Everybody's Golf World Tour is supposed to be quite a lot of fun! I don't own the game myself but have played the demo numerous times and want to pick it up at some stage.

The Motorstorm games are good for a blast of adrenaline fueled, arcade racing fun. *Pacific Rift was my favorite (*the servers have been turned off if you like online though). Of course, there's also Gran Turismo 5 for simulation racing.

I'm currently playing Ni no Kuni and can confirm it's a lovely game, just as long as you like JRPG's and slightly awkward battle systems.

You mentioned possibly not getting Valkyrie Chronicles, but I reckon it's a pretty damn awesome, gorgeous looking game and not overly difficult to play. It has quite a touching story in parts too.

How about the PS3 Ratchet&Clank games for some platforming action?

There's also Yakuza 3&4/Dead Souls, Killzone 3, Heavenly Sword, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Ico/SotC HD, Tokyo Jungle etc...

That's all I can think of for now ;)
    Nice one ... have R&C Tools of Destruction
    Would love to get Ico/SotC HD - Ico is a work of art one of my favorite games ever. Played the demo of SotC years back but never picked up the game :(
  • Triggerhappytel 7 Mar 2013 21:16:12 2,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some downloadable gems:

Shatter
    PixelJunk Monsters
    Dead Nation
    Super Stardust HD
    Trine (the original is much better than the sequel)
    Rochard (fun physics-heavy 2.5D platformer)
    The Unfinished Swan
    Journey
    Flower
    echochrome (weird Escher esque puzzler - try the demo)
    The Last Guy
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    Jak trilogy
    Ratchet trilogy
    Sly trilogy
    Ico
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Okami
  • Page

of 8 First / Last