Must Have PS3 Games Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Deleted user 12 March 2013 23:05:56
    @joelstinton

Wikipedia's ps3 games list doesn't have it down as an exclusive, even though it is in the list. But you are correct that needs changed on wiki.
  • addyb 12 Mar 2013 23:17:36 1,288 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for that list. Quite a few there! Isn't ninja gaiden sigma and splinter cell HD on Xbox as well?

Edit: No they aren't. Well never knew that!

Edited by addyb at 23:22:55 12-03-2013
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 23:23:32
    Not according to info I checked. SC HD was only released on PS3 from what I could find, and sigma is an exclusive update to an Xbox version. But I could be wrong. It was only a quick check.
  • dominalien 12 Mar 2013 23:35:39 7,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, Heavenly Sword. It may have been very sevenly, as EG appropriately put it, but it was still an excellent game. Could do with a sequel on PS4.

PSN: DonOsito

• Triggerhappytel 12 Mar 2013 23:38:21 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @joelstinton

Wikipedia's ps3 games list doesn't have it down as an exclusive, even though it is in the list. But you are correct that needs changed on wiki.
    Technically it's on DS too I believe, so maybe that's why it's omitted. There are definitely some games missing from that list (such as Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time), and there are at least a couple of PSN games which seems a bit confused, but overall it's not a bad list.
  • addyb 12 Mar 2013 23:41:36 1,288 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some interesting titles in that list that I'd totally forgotten about. Are the yakuza games any good?
  • Triggerhappytel 12 Mar 2013 23:46:03 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Ah, Heavenly Sword. It may have been very sevenly, as EG appropriately put it, but it was still an excellent game. Could do with a sequel on PS4.
    I bloody loved Heavenly Sword. It was clearly lacking in some areas and my opinion might differ from some as I only paid 8 for it, but I thought it had a good plot, amazing presentation (which still holds p today) and really solid combat. I'd have loved a sequel, it really is a shame it didn't sell better.
  • Ror1984 12 Mar 2013 23:51:50 4,205 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Chalk me up as another who loved Heavenly Sword. Much of the acting in that game was excellent.
  • addyb 12 Mar 2013 23:57:59 1,288 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I only remember little parts of it. Barely played any of it. Might have to grab that again as well.
  • Triggerhappytel 12 Mar 2013 23:59:45 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know why Sony doesn't shove games like Heavenly Sword, Resistance 1, Ratchet & Clank: TOD, Folklore etc on the PS store for cheap. I mean, they can't have any more momentum at retail (even if the game discs are still being produced - doubtful), and they'd probably get tens of thousands of sales if the pricing was sensible (I'm thinking 6, 8 maximum). In fact, I don't know why their whole first party catalogue isn't on there. Seems a no brainer to me.
  • dominalien 13 Mar 2013 00:40:02 7,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sony is very forward-thinking in certain respects and inexplicably backward in others.

The only reason I can think of why all these games aren't on there already are trophies, what with them being the current big thing and what not. OTOH, the 1st Assassin's Creed is on there and it doesn't have trophies either (it's an Ubi title, though, so maybe that's why).

• dominalien 13 Mar 2013 00:40:16 7,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Some interesting titles in that list that I'd totally forgotten about. Are the yakuza games any good?
    They are splendid.

• Triggerhappytel 13 Mar 2013 07:43:34 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've only played Yak 1 & 3, but I really like the series. It has terrific combat and interesting cities with lots to do, but they definitely feel dated compared to some other titles - notably Sleeping Dogs for me, which touches on a similar premise much more fluidly. Definitely worth picking up Yakuza 3 cheap though you see if you enjoy it.
  • Widge Moderator 13 Mar 2013 08:59:23 13,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heavenly Sword was decent, they couldn't realise what they wanted to do on the engine though as it CREAKED like a fucker. However, the story was awesome, and the non-combat heavy middle section was outstanding... you truly get involved with the characters and storyline.

Thought that Heavenly world was quite awesome and there was a shed load they could have done within it, shame it died in the first round of games. This generation has really taken two games in a series to hit a stride, first to pitch the idea, second to refine it.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 13 Mar 2013 09:03:31 13,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    Not an essential by any means and the controls are pretty awful but I fired up Killolzone 2 last night. It's no Halo but it's much better than the first one. Pleasantly surprised.
    First thing I did with Lolzone 2 is map the controls to be the same as COD (Alternate 2 or something). Yes yes, all games are identikit COD, but it really helped me get to grips with it.

Outside of that, I did like the constant gloom of Killzone... the ruined grey utilitarian atmosphere. The multiplayer was excellent I thought until the spawn grenades turned into a bit of a spawncampers dream after a patch. Really good play with the EG clan.

In fact, it was the game that made me give up on competitive multiplayer for a long long time as it just dominated my console, meaning I was missing out on a shit load of games.

I've got KZ3 sitting ready to go, but haven't got the compulsion to stick it on...

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 13 Mar 2013 09:06:13 13,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    +1 to what rickalish said.

Actually I reviewed Valkyria for somewhere. Hold on, I'll find it.
    Oh and this. The only RPG-ish game this generation to give me that little warm inner glow that I got from playing through FF7 for the first time. Just hits a certain chord.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• addyb 13 Mar 2013 09:28:29 1,288 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm playing killzone 3 at present. Really enjoying it. Might grab a yakuza game or heavenly sword next.
  • dominalien 13 Mar 2013 09:29:04 7,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    I've got KZ3 sitting ready to go, but haven't got the compulsion to stick it on...
    I got KZ3 for "free" with the Sony 3D monitor and did spend some time with it. Apart from being totally not my kind of game, I enjoyed it more than what I'd seen of KZ2 (the demo, basically).

• Widge Moderator 13 Mar 2013 09:39:03 13,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    I got KZ3 for "free" with the Sony 3D monitor and did spend some time with it. Apart from being totally not my kind of game, I enjoyed it more than what I'd seen of KZ2 (the demo, basically).
    The KZ2 demo was ok, it takes a bit of time to warm up. KZ3 is apparently a bit more bombastic, but I only ever played a small segment of it, and in situations that did it no favours. Firstly with Move, which I couldn't control, then with 3D, which baffled my eyes. I'll get back to it one day...

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• dominalien 13 Mar 2013 09:42:29 7,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like it in 3D. The resolution is very low, but it's designed in a way that masks it very well.

But then again I'm a huge 3D fan, so maybe I'm not entirely objective.

Haven't tried it with Move, but the reports were positive (including in the KZ3 thread on this forum) and I like the Move in general as well.

Except in Dead Space Extraction. The person who decided the control method worked well and could be released in that state should be fired.

• Deleted user 13 March 2013 09:47:17
    I been thinking of picking up Heavenly sword as its only 10 quid on amazon. I always seem to opt for something else instead. I think the apparent game length puts me off as it probably only last me a short time.
  • Widge Moderator 13 Mar 2013 10:02:08 13,741 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Except in Dead Space Extraction. The person who decided the control method worked well and could be released in that state should be fired.
    Like a mouse pointer isn't it. You want to use it like a laser gun but it just doesn't work that way.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 10:10:07 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For me, the must have PS3 games are :

- Uncharted Trilogy
    - Killzone Trilogy
    - Resistance Trilogy
    - Metal Gear Solid 4
    - God of War 3
    - Infamous 1+2
    - LBP 1+2
    - Demons Souls
    - Heavy Rain
    - Motorstorm 2
    - Gran Turismo 5

So yeah.....quite a lot.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• dominalien 13 Mar 2013 10:14:50 7,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Like a mouse pointer isn't it. You want to use it like a laser gun but it just doesn't work that way.
    Not really, because it drifts all over the place. My mouse never does that. :-) It's awful.

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 11:00:06 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fucking Journey!, how could i forget that!?

Actually, i seem to have forgotten ALL the PSN games. I shall submit a revised list.

/ loves lists

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 11:03:00 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    For me, the must have PS3 games are :

Boxed :
    - Uncharted Trilogy
    - Killzone Trilogy
    - Resistance Trilogy
    - Metal Gear Solid 4
    - God of War 3
    - Infamous 1+2
    - LBP 1+2
    - Demons Souls
    - Heavy Rain
    - Motorstorm 2
    - Gran Turismo 5

PSN games:
    - Wipeout HD
    - PAIN
    - Flower
    - Super Stardust HD
    - Journey
    - Trash Panic
    - Echochrome

So yeah.....quite a lot.

• king26 15 Mar 2013 00:20:48 546 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God of War trilogy
  • Triggerhappytel 15 Mar 2013 00:28:30 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Both God of War trilogies.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Mar 2013 00:28:35 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remove motorstorm and the resistance games ffs.

I'm going to sound like a massive fanboy but I much prefer killzone to halo. I just don't get why people think halo is so great, it seems really rubbish to me. Generic sci-fi game #3747752
  • Page

of 8 First / Last