Steam and direct download sales Page 475

• Page

of 645 First / Last

• spamdangled 31 Dec 2012 10:46:18 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Fuck it. I took a risk and have bought Secret World.

I'm bound to get some enjoyment out of it based on my love of the theme alone, especially now it's ditched the sub model.

/prepares to kick self when it suddenly takes a price nosedive
    Let us know how you find it. I've been thinking of playing a MMORPG and this does sound interesting. I tried guild wars 2, and even though its very addictive I'm not sure if I was having fun or not...
    I'm waiting for it install at the moment. Worryingly I have already had to restart my laptop twice since hitting the "INSTALL MY GAMES" button because my laptop slowed to the degree it. made an abacus look advanced (I think that was due to not realising how low I was on storage though). Once it's done and I've had a couple hours, I'll let you know how I've got on with it mate if you're also sitting on the fence and are still interested in having the feedback.

Edited by darkmorgado at 10:47:13 31-12-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• andytheadequate 31 Dec 2012 10:46:20 7,946 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't mind the time wasting as long as the game is fun. I'm just not convinced that mmos are fun after the initial novelty has worn off. Guild Wars 2 was just endless 'kill 50 rats/birds/monsters' quests.

There's no huge rush for impressions as I've decided to avoid the dreaded steam backlog by not buying any more games until GTA V is released. I do fancy trying a MMORPG at some point, and this looks the most interesting...

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:48:30 31-12-2012
  • spamdangled 31 Dec 2012 12:04:28 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got bored of GW2 on the first day of the beta test I got invited to. It was just soulless and used smoke and mirrors to try and hide the fact it was no different from typical wow stuff. Was massively disappointed after the talk they gave at the expo.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Tryhard 31 Dec 2012 12:21:52 3,482 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Just bought Mount & Blade plus Warband. One of those games I keep meaning to play...
    Great purchase,and put the alarm on if you have to go anywhere.Previously bought months back in a steam sale and love it.

I am surprised my bank hasn't locked my card with all this sudden steam activity.
  • Arcturas 31 Dec 2012 12:33:51 123 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is Sonic Generations any good? I haven't played a Sonic game since the Dreamcast!
  • rtk79 31 Dec 2012 12:41:08 481 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Arcturas wrote:
    Is Sonic Generations any good? I haven't played a Sonic game since the Dreamcast!
    It's allright. Not the modern-day redemption some make it out to be, but a fairly good game nonetheless if you're an old-time fan. Especially at GMG's asking price.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 31 Dec 2012 12:42:05 2,370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Just bought Mount & Blade plus Warband. One of those games I keep meaning to play...
    Great purchase,and put the alarm on if you have to go anywhere.Previously bought months back in a steam sale and love it.

I am surprised my bank hasn't locked my card with all this sudden steam activity.
    Are they two separate games? I bought M&B but couldn't find any popular mods for it, found loads for Warband and thought it was just an expansion, but it seems to be a completely separate thing.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Deleted user 31 December 2012 12:44:28
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar M&B:Warband is the (semi?) sequel to M&B and so much better in every single way it's almost funny.

I haven't played vanilla Warband in a long while, got some fantasy mod for it that adds a ton of content to it. It really is a time sink but much more about making your own goals and own stories than any other sandbox I know.

On the other hand, M&B: With Fire and Sword loses a lot of the charm (flintlock pistols and rifles == not quite so much fun)

Edited by HurbleBurble at 12:49:19 31-12-2012
  • spamdangled 31 Dec 2012 12:46:17 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Arcturas wrote:
    It's ok. It gets the 2d bits right, the 3d bits are very iffy as always with 3D Sonic stuff, and the bosses can ber very annoying.

All that aside, it's the best one in years, though that is firmly in back-handed compliment territory. I'd get it if it hits a fiver personally. There's plenty of enjoyment to find out of it, but equal amounts of frustration.

It's nowhere near as bad as Sonic 4 Ep II though, as a comparison.

• Arcturas 31 Dec 2012 12:59:03 123 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback on Sonic folks - its 3.50 at GMG, so worth a punt then.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 31 Dec 2012 13:02:11 2,370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HurbleBurble Started M&B but had no idea what to do, although I liked the idea of making my own way, I decided to try Warband. Got stuck into that now as it looks and plays so much better. I kinda liked the intro to things in that, even though as I said I liked the idea of just being chucked in and not having your hand held.

• PenguinJim 31 Dec 2012 13:02:19 5,445 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Arcturas wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback on Sonic folks - its 3.50 at GMG, so worth a punt then.
    I'm surprised it didn't drop that far at GG, Amazon or even Steam this month - was expecting that final push below 5 during December. Will probably happen in January, I guess, so I'll pick it up from someone reputable then. I was expecting GMG to have an amazing price to make it worth the risk, to be honest!
  • Arcturas 31 Dec 2012 13:24:30 123 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Time travelling anyone? Oh its back now....

Edited by Arcturas at 13:24:54 31-12-2012
  • Mr-Brett 31 Dec 2012 13:51:09 12,676 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There seems to be a lot more dubious supermarket style multi-buy deals going on in this sale. Bioshock 1 & 2 was 1p more as a bundle last night, not worth quibbling about sure but it made me suspicious and seeing the Bit Trip bundle for 26.95 I thought something looked wrong, so I added them up and it comes to 22.72 separately :/

Portable view - Never forget.

• telekin_uk 31 Dec 2012 13:59:34 37 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • andytheadequate 31 Dec 2012 14:01:03 7,946 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Buying bundles is a strange thing to do anyway, especially the publisher ones. Paying 60 for 15 games is only good value if you want to play nearly all of them. Most likely you will end up playing 2 and paying a lot of money for the privilege.

As tempting as it may be, buying 10 games that that looks ok isn't as good value as paying the same amount for 2 games you know you'll enjoy.
  • JoeBlade 31 Dec 2012 14:02:39 2,413 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    There seems to be a lot more dubious supermarket style multi-buy deals going on in this sale. Bioshock 1 & 2 was 1p more as a bundle last night, not worth quibbling about sure but it made me suspicious and seeing the Bit Trip bundle for 26.95 I thought something looked wrong, so I added them up and it comes to 22.72 separately :/
    Hmm, that's odd allright. I don't expect that sort of shit from Steam; while their prices aren't the best their business practices have been pretty stand up to my knowledge.
  • JoeBlade 31 Dec 2012 14:07:55 2,413 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    As tempting as it may be, buying 10 games that that looks ok isn't as good value as paying the same amount for 2 games you know you'll enjoy.
    I'd agree with you but to reiterate what I've said at the start of the sale: the THQ bundle is phe-no-me-nal unless you already own several of the games in it.

There are numerous games and expansion packs in there that I've put hundreds of hours into all combined.
  • andytheadequate 31 Dec 2012 14:30:11 7,946 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The thq one is the exception, because it is so cheap you only need two of the games to be worth playing to get your monies worth. The other bundles are generally 3 times as much though
  • Mr-Brett 31 Dec 2012 15:34:44 12,676 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @JoeBlade Aye they always seemed fair honest at least, I'm hoping it's just a mistake.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Pinky_Floyd 31 Dec 2012 15:41:08 6,419 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Race 07 and add ons are all cheap as chips, go buy.

can't recommend GTR 2 unfortunately as due to licensing issues the porsches and ferraris are all blacked out, which is half the pack. Looks stupid and crap and will just reinstall my old disc if I can find it.

What a piss take.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 31 Dec 2012 15:42:49 2,370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ha ha. Who was it said about their credit card? Just went to buy the THQ pack after realising that even though I have two or three of the minor games its still stupidly good value, my payment didnt go thru. 4 mins later the phone rings and its the bank checking its not fraud. However, its now changed my mind. I have far too much to play as it is.

• EvilW 31 Dec 2012 15:42:55 107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    think i'll take orcs must die 2... i don't like tower defense games that much and i wanted to take the first one because of its price (and because i was obsessed with the idea of picking it)... but the demo of the former was quite good

My English sucks, i know... fell free to correct me

• rtk79 31 Dec 2012 16:28:37 481 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are people really lining up to pay 7 euros for early access to a free-to-play* ?
    A new low for a really sucky sale !

* A romanian website is currently giving away DOTA 2 keys right here :
    http://computergames.ro/giveaway/dota-2/
  • kentmonkey 31 Dec 2012 16:42:20 20,068 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Race 07 and add ons are all cheap as chips, go buy.

can't recommend GTR 2 unfortunately as due to licensing issues the porsches and ferraris are all blacked out, which is half the pack. Looks stupid and crap and will just reinstall my old disc if I can find it.

What a piss take.
    Never heard of it but having now read up on it, I really want it.

Would have no chance of playing it on my aging Laptop though.

Out of interest...what's the 'mouse to steer' like to control? A review suggested that it was a good control method for those without a wheel.
  • Moot_Point 31 Dec 2012 16:56:52 3,497 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    NOOOO!

Mark of the ninja 50% off again. :cry:

/buys
    So worth it. Play through it immediately.
    I am fighting the urge, but will no doubt snap it up in the final moments of that sale. This is the second time it has been in the two day sale. (Its been in a Flash and Vote sale too!)

The studios other game Don't Starve is awesome, if anyone is wondering.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Deleted user 31 December 2012 17:04:29
    I'm actually bored of this sale now, mostly due to the high degree of repetition in the Flash/Vote and Daily Deals. They've managed to cover the bare minimum of the Steam Catalogue and yet had most games appear at least three or four times.
  • ecureuil 31 Dec 2012 17:05:20 76,003 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arcturas wrote:
    I really enjoyed it, it's a very competent platformer. It's good for nostalgia, so you lose a little when they start doing levels from Sonic 2006, but for the most part I really enjoyed it. The 3D levels are better than the 2D ones, the latter suffering from the camera being too close and just passable level design. The 3D levels are almost all brilliant. If you've played the Mega Drive Sonic games (and who hasn't), then there's plenty to enjoy.
  • Page

of 645 First / Last