Steam and direct download sales Page 473

• Page

of 682 First / Last

• spamdangled 30 Dec 2012 14:36:02 27,415 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    For those wondering about the online community yes it's still there and you can still get people very easily to play with you.
    Not to dissuade anyone from purchasing Payday as it is indeed pretty damn solid but I actually found the community to be very very quiet.
    I didn't manage to get a full team going in the last couple of games I tried to start/join and gave up in the end, though I admittedly tend to play this quite late at night for some odd reason.

The community probably got a substantial boost with this sale but that died out after a week after I purchased my copy (during another Steam sale some time age)

Anyhow, I'd recommend it if you have friends to play with or can accept that you may not be able to dip in whenever you feel like it beyond next week.
    Damn. I really should have asked that before buying as it's more something I'd use for at a whim occasional matches.

That said, if it has AI bot options its not so bad (i haven't launched it yet)

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• andytheadequate 30 Dec 2012 14:57:40 8,279 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found payday to be horribly disappointing. Every game turns into wave defence, I expected it to be about planning and stealth rather than massacring an entire nation's police force.

Such an interesting concept but done poorly imo
  • Mr-Brett 30 Dec 2012 15:10:21 12,836 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to agree, it goes from heist to mass-murder in about 5 seconds. It's also incredibly hard right at the start but allegedly gets easier as you level up (inverted difficulty curve?). Which itself seems is really hard as it involves actually completing a level, since only a couple of levels can be played on easy that's mean you'll either have to grind those or fail dozens of times on harder levels before you finally know it so well that you manage to complete it.

I found it rather frustrating and nowhere near fun enough to put up with the janky design and 'fuck you' difficulty but some people seem to really like it though so hopefully those that bought it will fall into that camp.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• JoeBlade 30 Dec 2012 15:20:24 2,591 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Ive still got 59 quid of 100 left in my steam wallet, but I wasnt expecting to be buying a load of gear off other places, but GMG has been a lot better for bargains in its daily deals.
    Is GMG's service any good? I don't rate their site to be honest, runs like a dog for me and it's horrible to navigate.
    Bit reluctant to buy from them because of it.

GameStop already ended up being a disappointment (never bought anything there beyond my very first purchase) so I'm not too keen on additional digital sales platforms, even just browser-based ones.

Edited by JoeBlade at 15:21:04 30-12-2012
  • vijay_UK 30 Dec 2012 15:30:56 2,279 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • monkehhh 30 Dec 2012 15:37:08 3,437 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • Deleted user 30 December 2012 16:01:55
    Took a punt on Hitman for 15 quid.
  • dsmx 30 Dec 2012 17:08:44 7,655 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually there are a couple of missions that can be completed almost entirely in stealth if you so wish, diamond heist and counterfeit (part of the DLC) are both possible to be finish with no or almost no loss of life.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2012 17:10:13 3,833 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Ive still got 59 quid of 100 left in my steam wallet, but I wasnt expecting to be buying a load of gear off other places, but GMG has been a lot better for bargains in its daily deals.
    Is GMG's service any good? I don't rate their site to be honest, runs like a dog for me and it's horrible to navigate.

GameStop already ended up being a disappointment (never bought anything there beyond my very first purchase) so I'm not too keen on additional digital sales platforms, even just browser-based ones.

Never had single problem, I only really buy the sales stuff though so usually go straight to a link provided by someone else, steam code appears instantly on screen when you pay, cant say much fairer than that

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 17:13:16 30-12-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Kostabi 30 Dec 2012 17:19:32 4,986 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why oh why did I buy Sims 3 for a tenner earlier in the sale? It's compulsive.
  • PenguinJim 30 Dec 2012 17:21:50 5,920 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Lots of people have problems with GMG. They seem to have cleared up the fraud problems, and the GMG Steam games being removed from a couple of peoples' libraries at CAG seem to have been isolated incidents, but the GMG thread at Cheap Ass Gamer still reads like a support thread instead of a sales discussion. Someone here was also complaining that they bought something, never received a key, and support didn't give them a refund.

I still use them for AMAZING deals, but I expect the worst. I tried to buy something the other day, and all my (many) payment sources failed (an EGer kindly helped me out). Tried to buy Gods & Kings today, and the payment went through immediately. But a friend of mine couldn't get their payment through.
  • Rusty_M 30 Dec 2012 18:05:09 4,786 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Woooooooo! Far Cry 3 :D

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• ecu 30 Dec 2012 18:11:46 77,090 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I knew FarCry 3 would be reduced at some point. :) yay
  • neilka 30 Dec 2012 18:16:48 16,328 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's 1.61 less than SimplyGames were selling it for on release day, not quite giving it away...

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2012 18:18:17 3,833 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dont know if I ever mentioned my 4.95 complete far cry pack.... I think I may have..

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• richardiox 30 Dec 2012 18:19:35 5,667 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's cheaper to buy FC1, 2 and 3 than it is to be the discounted "ultimate pack"

Doom 3 and DLC is 1.99 whilst D3 BFG edition is 9.99?! May pick up the cheaper option - am I right in thinking it had a mod to add a "perma flashlight"?

Haven't played it since 2001 when it gave my P4 / X800 abit too much of a workout. Like the idea of (finally) playing it 60fps / 1080p.
  • zisssou 30 Dec 2012 18:21:36 607 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Isn't the BGF edition where they've tweaked it? so upgraded graphics. Might be wrong..
  • zisssou 30 Dec 2012 18:32:47 607 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also GMG is doing Far Cry for 21 with a code anyway. They might reduce it slightly in their sale and then 30% on top.. BAM
  • liamthemaster 30 Dec 2012 18:33:32 1,602 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow that's a terrible deal on farcry I can get it 10 cheaper in a high street shop,you disappoint me steam.
  • JoeBlade 30 Dec 2012 18:47:29 2,591 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    Wow that's a terrible deal on farcry I can get it 10 cheaper in a high street shop,you disappoint me steam.
    To be honest I've never seen them discount very recent games by more than 33% and this one's only been out for a month.
    Twas to be expected, esp. since it was still selling extremely well even when the sale had already started.

I was surprised Dishonoured had already made it to the -50% mark actually.
  • Moot_Point 30 Dec 2012 18:55:02 4,380 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    NOOOO!

Mark of the ninja 50% off again. :cry:

/buys

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Tryhard 30 Dec 2012 18:56:30 4,146 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    Tell me about it.My guy became MVP of the league and is about to die alone.With nothing but his trophies to see him go.I hope the team remember him for pumping iron rather than pumping something else.:-(
  • Moot_Point 30 Dec 2012 19:01:37 4,380 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That Farcry Franchise pack price makes no sense whatsoever!

If you buy the Farcry series separately, it comes to 25.47, so where is the sense in putting the pack price at 30.49?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• THFourteen 30 Dec 2012 19:05:11 33,930 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    The only reason I haven't played it more is because i'm submerged in games.
  • mrpon 30 Dec 2012 19:07:00 29,234 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doom 3 - 1.49 is probably my cheapest Steam purchase ever!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• morriss 30 Dec 2012 19:21:08 71,187 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why is Skyrim still so expensive? Even with 50% off. Just do it for 15 and I'm there.
  • Tomo 30 Dec 2012 19:49:53 13,950 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    NOOOO!

Mark of the ninja 50% off again. :cry:

/buys
    So worth it. Play through it immediately.
  • Kostabi 30 Dec 2012 19:51:22 4,986 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Kostabi wrote:
    Tell me about it.My guy became MVP of the league and is about to die alone.With nothing but his trophies to see him go.I hope the team remember him for pumping iron rather than pumping something else.:-(
    My little sim is an international super spy and is friends with someone on the sports team, so at least in my parallel universe your dude is happy. :D
  • Page

of 682 First / Last