Steam and direct download sales Page 430

• Page

of 680 First / Last

• FatSternKikwi 25 Nov 2012 18:24:47 573 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    do we have another day of sales or is this the last one?

wondering if I should pick up spec ops now?
  • EvilW 25 Nov 2012 18:55:00 107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Widge it's ok for me i sent you a pm

My English sucks, i know... fell free to correct me

• JoeBlade 25 Nov 2012 18:56:26 2,559 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Torchlight 2... so tempting!
    If you're a slight loot whore it's a must :) The late game balance is borked but otherwise the gameplay is rock solid. Pretty damn hard in places too; the dev clearly listened to the criticisms on the first one.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Metro 2033 at that price as well. It's aged extremely well; I've gone back to it recently because I'm reading the book and it stands up without any problems next to recent games.

Can any civvers recommend Gods and Kings at 75% off? I already own Civ V but G & K always struck me as severely overpriced considering all concepts it adds were present in previous Civ installments.
    Even at this price I'm relunctant because it seems like a blatant case of milking the series.
  • FutileResistor 25 Nov 2012 18:58:44 1,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you're getting Dragon Age I. Make sure to get the Ultimate edition which is only 1.50 more and includes all DLC, most of which was good to excellent.

Dragon Age Origins with all DLC for 6 is the definition of a bargain.
  • FutileResistor 25 Nov 2012 19:22:12 1,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A shoutout and reminder that Good Old Games's Pick 5 pay $10 has a day and a bit run.

To The Moon and Spacechem are worth $10 themselves.

There's a good selection and most of it can comfortably be labelled good if not particularly old.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2012 19:39:02
    Still recommend Unmechanical if people are struggling to fill the five.
  • rtk79 25 Nov 2012 19:47:55 493 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FutileResistor wrote:
    If you're getting Dragon Age I. Make sure to get the Ultimate edition which is only 1.50 more and includes all DLC, most of which was good to excellent.

Dragon Age Origins with all DLC for 6 is the definition of a bargain.
    "We're sorry. This game is not available in your region."
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Nov 2012 21:46:06 11,295 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sorry to be a pain but would anyone in the U.K buy Dishonored for 11.99 from gamefly for me?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• andytheadequate 25 Nov 2012 22:17:00 8,217 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - why don't you just wait a few weeks for it to be even cheaper? From what you've said it seems like you have plenty of games to get cracking with in the meantime. Its the danger of steam, everything seems like such good value you have to be very strong to not buy something just because it has been discounted. Its already been 10 so will certainly go down in price again soon.

I'm tempted by BF3, just not sure which version to get. I've played it a lot on the 360 but not the expansions. A friend has told me everyone plays the original maps anyway so premium is a bit of a waste. Normal edition is 15 and premium is 22.50

Edited by andytheadequate at 22:19:07 25-11-2012
  • Waffleaber 25 Nov 2012 22:35:02 422 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On Steam the Arkham City deal on the front page it's actually for the whole Batman franchise. Just picked up Lego Batman 2 for 4.99.

Edited by Waffleaber at 22:35:47 25-11-2012
  • Mr-Brett 25 Nov 2012 22:44:13 12,805 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear - why don't you just wait a few weeks for it to be even cheaper? From what you've said it seems like you have plenty of games to get cracking with in the meantime. Its the danger of steam, everything seems like such good value you have to be very strong to not buy something just because it has been discounted. Its already been 10 so will certainly go down in price again soon.
    That's a good call, almost if not all of this stuff will be in the Xmas sale at either the same price or cheaper so I wouldn't worry too much about getting things unless you really want them right now.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• BeebleB 25 Nov 2012 22:47:00 931 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Torchlight 2... so tempting!
    If you're a slight loot whore it's a must :) The late game balance is borked but otherwise the gameplay is rock solid. Pretty damn hard in places too; the dev clearly listened to the criticisms on the first one.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Metro 2033 at that price as well. It's aged extremely well; I've gone back to it recently because I'm reading the book and it stands up without any problems next to recent games.

Can any civvers recommend Gods and Kings at 75% off? I already own Civ V but G & K always struck me as severely overpriced considering all concepts it adds were present in previous Civ installments.
    Even at this price I'm relunctant because it seems like a blatant case of milking the series.
    Yea gods and kings is worth it, even at full price let alone s fiver. It brings civ 5 some way towards being a as good as civ4. Religion, espionage and a load of little tweaks..I'd say go for it.

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Shikasama 25 Nov 2012 22:55:59 6,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't belioeve I've just bought Dragon Age again.

I completely raped it on the 360 when it came out. Looking forward to diving back in there.

I'm such a genius to buy games I've already completed multiple times when I've got a Steam library of untouched titles.
  • Bremenacht 25 Nov 2012 23:19:27 18,447 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BeebleB wrote:
    Yea gods and kings is worth it, even at full price let alone s fiver. It brings civ 5 some way towards being a as good as civ4. Religion, espionage and a load of little tweaks..I'd say go for it.
    I thought I'd get away without spending a penny on the Steam sale, but that's just tipped me into get G+K, plus the DLC pack for just 1.57.
  • Bremenacht 25 Nov 2012 23:33:43 18,447 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oops. Did a small pile of other Civ5 DLC too. I couldn't help myself.
  • INSOMANiAC 25 Nov 2012 23:43:16 3,829 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone ever used the iPhone app to buy stuff? I bought the Skyrim DLC and galactic Civilisations 2 last night using it but they arent in my library, if I go to the Skyrim DLC on the store it tries to sell it me again, if I go to GC2 it says I already own it and to 'play now' but when I press it it just takes me to the community thingy????

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Moot_Point 26 Nov 2012 01:28:28 4,159 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Sharzam wrote:
    @Rens11

The Xbox 360 controls are terrible. In fact so much that they reworked the game to work on controllers for example no friendly fire area effect damage on your group on consoles.

The keyboard/mouse controls are how this game is meant to be played the whole combat system is built around it.
    Yep, the entire game screams mouse and keys to play really. Make sure you keep yourself aware of the DLC bug that blights the game. I had it de-authorise halfway through and lost loads of my armour. Couldn't be arsed to figure out which game save from hours in the past would give it back again and plodded on.
    Is it a specific DLC that causes the bug? Not sure whether to buy this or not in the sale.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• b0rk 26 Nov 2012 01:46:39 2,767 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dishonored for 15 quid? I'll be having that.
  • PenguinJim 26 Nov 2012 03:26:47 5,872 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zeno Clash (mentalistic first-person beat-em-up) costs $0.99 at Amazon.com for the Steam code and will give you a $5 voucher to use against Editor's Choice games there in January.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Nov 2012 17:49:49 13,663 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    Sharzam wrote:
    @Rens11

The Xbox 360 controls are terrible. In fact so much that they reworked the game to work on controllers for example no friendly fire area effect damage on your group on consoles.

The keyboard/mouse controls are how this game is meant to be played the whole combat system is built around it.
    Yep, the entire game screams mouse and keys to play really. Make sure you keep yourself aware of the DLC bug that blights the game. I had it de-authorise halfway through and lost loads of my armour. Couldn't be arsed to figure out which game save from hours in the past would give it back again and plodded on.
    Is it a specific DLC that causes the bug? Not sure whether to buy this or not in the sale.
    One of the extra locations has vanished for me, armour and weapons. It is irritating but not a show stopper.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 18:18:33
    Want Grimrock, but paltry credit card maxed. :(
  • EvilW 26 Nov 2012 18:29:54 107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    is grimrock worth it?

• hypoBla5t 26 Nov 2012 18:44:57 1,427 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd like to know too if anyone can shed some light. Do fancy that dungeon creator but not sure what the gameplay's like.
  • JoeBlade 26 Nov 2012 18:45:15 2,559 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    EvilW wrote:
    is grimrock worth it?
    It's great and well worth it at that price but be aware it's a very specific type of game: it's very heavy on the action side (good reflexes are a must late game) and the plentiful puzzles are nothing to sneeze at.
    I see it more as an action/puzzle game in a dungeon crawler setting rather than a true dungeon crawler game.

But again: it does what it does really well.
  • EvilW 26 Nov 2012 18:53:51 107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i think i'll take it. damn. also, what about the witcher 2? yes i know they say it's a fantastic game, but if it is similar to the first one i know i'll get bored in less than 10 hours...

• Sharzam 26 Nov 2012 19:04:50 2,933 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It is similar to the first in that it is the same world, eg fantasy rpg. However the second is much less clunky and awkward also the story choices are much better.

If you just dont like that style and genre then no witcher 2 wont win you over. Kinda depends what you didn't like about the first game.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 19:09:25
    meme wrote:
    Want Grimrock, but paltry credit card maxed. :(
    wot steam name?
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 19:10:37
    gremmi

Have stuffs for trade in the trading thread!

Edited by meme at 19:10:59 26-11-2012
  • Page

of 680 First / Last