Good luck to all at Free Radical :( Page 15

• Page

of 15 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 4 February 2009 08:59:29
    Pirotic bought all their sorrows in a brown paper bag...
  • LeD 4 Feb 2009 09:03:26 6,314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Very interesting that Crytek purchased them, as while FRD had bloody good programmers you would have thought Crytek was the last company who needed some of that expertise.

Perhaps they're fed up with releasing high quality FPS titles, and want to do something that has fucking monkeys and odd control schemes for a change?
  • evilashchris 4 Feb 2009 09:09:03 7,118 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeD: Pissing on bonfires since 1982.

Great news for all concerned, I've always loved the quirkiness of FRD games, and I hope they'll still be able to add some of that to the mix.

Twitter: @COToole

• Pirotic Moderator 4 Feb 2009 09:12:40 20,648 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's the thing, I'm not even sure they would be using the Crytek game engines, FRD were always bloody good at coding engines for everything they needed, and I can't quite imagine the 'splitters character designs having normal maps applied to them. Haze would probably of benefited from it the most out of the known projects they had been working on but well, I can't see them going in that direction again for a while.

We can speculate that FRD had been working on two titles when they got closed, TimeSplitters 4 and probably a game based on that Starwars Battlegrounds engine which looked utterly sweet prior to the license being taken away, they handed the assets over but not the core technology supposedly and I can't imagine a company low on funds deciding to throw away so much work.

Crytek wouldn't of bothered purchasing them if they didn't want the licences, so TimeSplitters 4 is still a dead cert but I doubt it'll be using the Cryengine.

So that leaves the second project up in the air, the battlefield type game. Maybe they could attach a crytek licence to it instead of the starwars one, that'd be sweet.

No doubt I'm totally off and they'll announce they are making exclusive Wii ports of the Crytek games or something :D
  • Deleted user 4 February 2009 09:33:51
    LeD wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:
    Very interesting that Crytek purchased them, as while FRD had bloody good programmers you would have thought Crytek was the last company who needed some of that expertise.

Perhaps they're fed up with releasing high quality FPS titles, and want to do something that has fucking monkeys and odd control schemes for a change?

Bonobo's?
  • Retroid Moderator 4 Feb 2009 09:51:53 45,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    Odd control schemes? FRD games (well, the ones I've played) have had very nice controls. You can move while firing, for a start! :D

The controls in Haze were very well done, one of the first things I noticed when I played the demo (and, latterly, the full game)
    Pirotic wrote:
    That's the thing, I'm not even sure they would be using the Crytek game engines, FRD were always bloody good at coding engines for everything they needed, and I can't quite imagine the 'splitters character designs having normal maps applied to them. Haze would probably of benefited from it the most out of the known projects they had been working on but well, I can't see them going in that direction again for a while.
    Haze would definately have benefitted from a better engine. I really have no idea what was going on with that.

So; Second Sight 2, then? :)
  • Blerk Moderator 4 Feb 2009 09:53:24 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    So; Second Sight 2, then? :)
    Plus fucking one!
  • spindizzy 4 Feb 2009 10:04:14 6,589 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd LOVE to see Second Sight 2!

• Deleted user 4 February 2009 10:05:06
    Pirotic wrote:
    Ubisofts half

The other half is about two frames out of sync to the left.
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Feb 2009 11:00:24 25,321 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great news :)

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 15 First / Last