AGE of CONAN- has it improved.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • FortysixterUK 9 Dec 2008 10:52:33 382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I haven't played AOC since around 50-60 days after its release, I stopped because of the instability of the game ( it crashed on a very regular basis) and the fact that quests seemed to run out at lvl 50.

Has this been addressed?

Is the game now less crash prone?
    Is there more game content ?
    Are there enough people to team with ?
    Are there whispers of a free " come back and try us again " period ?

Let me know before I decide to renew my next month of WOW please !
  • warlockuk 9 Dec 2008 13:36:44 19,103 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Without even looking I could guess no, not really, not really, no. :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 9 December 2008 13:44:24
    The boxed copy has already hit the 10 range, so can't really imagine it being around for that much longer.
  • warlockuk 9 Dec 2008 13:48:33 19,103 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shame, really. it wasn't a bad game to play... aside from being broken all over the place. I didn't get as far as level 50 myself.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Nasty 9 Dec 2008 14:19:42 4,726 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was a big fan of the game but it got watered down so much that it became a big steaming puddle of camel piss. They really should have stuck with the concept of an almost MMORPG with beat em up game play. Instead its a nice engine displaying a empty world with broken combat and even more broken items.
  • iokthemonkey 9 Dec 2008 14:24:43 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, here's a turn-up for the books, but to prove I'm actually a sane person and not the ranting troll some users here seem to think I am simply because I happen to think Funcom are a bunch of liars and sold us an unfinished game, here's some "facts" about AoC.

Is the game now less crash prone?

Reportedly it's more stable, but there are still issues with seiges and my brother (who still plays) says he's had a couple of crashes but not the previous every 30 minute ones he was suffering earlier.

Is there more game content ?

Some new Tortage quests and a new level 50 zone. Oh and a new Mammoth that costs 100g.

Are there enough people to team with ?

Apparently no. The servers are merging due to the poor take-up but this has been put back to January now. Apparently they still insist on using open world instancing though, which is something they should look at removing to make the world more populated...

Are there whispers of a free " come back and try us again " period ?

Not as far as I'm aware, but they do keep talking about "winning back" people and one may be in the offing next year.

Oh and now onto the bad news: the promised content they discussed prior to release (DX10, bar brawls, etc) still isn't in and they keep saying "it's coming soon" but there are no firm dates. Also a number of their "yes, it works as intended" features don't and still require work. The re-review and PvP Article on Eurogamer outline some of the major wrongbads.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• Dire 9 Dec 2008 16:00:34 1,343 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    The boxed copy has already hit the 10 range, so can't really imagine it being around for that much longer.

WAR online has also hit 9.99 and has been out for a much shorter period of time.
  • Dire 9 Dec 2008 16:02:00 1,343 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • FortysixterUK 10 Dec 2008 13:42:38 382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for your time guys, WOW it is then...
  • iokthemonkey 10 Dec 2008 14:23:14 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Try LOTRO. It's very good.

Sorry, I'm sure I'll be branded a LOTRO fanboi for that, but seriously, it's a much deeper, more involving MMO than most out there right now. It's a lot of fun, has a great community, superb visuals, nice lore and a lot of depth.

• urban 10 Dec 2008 14:26:24 10,895 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i'm glad you said most because EVE would have been your own personal virtual world poltergeist.
  • warlockuk 10 Dec 2008 14:34:17 19,103 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really enjoyed LOTRO. Nobody was ever on to play with, though :(

Balls to EVE.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• iokthemonkey 10 Dec 2008 14:42:41 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gotta say, I tried EVE and it just didn't gel with me. I felt like I was playing one of those "Interactive" CD-ROM encyclopedia things they give away with the Mail on Sunday or something... I'm sure it got better but for me it was all just too clinical and, I dunno, it felt about as exciting as "playing" Microsoft Office.

I'm sure it is good when you get into it, but it's not for me.

• iokthemonkey 10 Dec 2008 14:43:43 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    I really enjoyed LOTRO. Nobody was ever on to play with, though :(

Come back to it: the release of Moria has injected a tonne of new characters into the lower-level zones (with everybody trying the new classes) and the higher-level zones are full of people working toward Moria.

• Roxette 11 Dec 2008 10:58:02 9 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes it has improved a lot. NO crashes anymore and lots of updated and added content. So it will be a good idea to come back. Still its one of the best games.

And coming to the prices. Not only Conan is being sold cheaper in this moment, but other quite new games as well. WotLK included (last week for 15euro in the shops).
  • iokthemonkey 11 Dec 2008 11:12:57 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Roxette wrote:
    Yes it has improved a lot. NO crashes anymore

Some crashes still exist. Not as many as there were but it does still crash on occasion.

And as for the price, yeah, it's dropped now. Just remember though - like most MMOs - you'll need to pay a subscription fee after the first free month.

• Roxette 11 Dec 2008 11:34:04 9 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, i did not have a single crash in the last 3 months. Anyway, i hardly had crashed before. Maybe i just know how to install and maintain a computer that it keeps on working perfect.

But as usual. People who are against something very fanatical, are mainly struck by fear.
  • iokthemonkey 11 Dec 2008 11:38:17 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, i did not have a single crash in the last 3 months. Anyway, i hardly had crashed before. Maybe i just know how to install and maintain a computer that it keeps on working perfect.

It's my brother's PC. And trust me, my brother knows all about good PC practice, considering it's his JOB.

But as usual. People who are against something very fanatical, are mainly struck by fear.

And those who are obsessed are blind to its faults.

• warlockuk 11 Dec 2008 11:54:07 19,103 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have they fixed the quest bugs yet or are they still bollocksed?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• iokthemonkey 11 Dec 2008 12:01:25 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have they fixed the quest bugs yet or are they still bollocksed?

----

There are still some problems with some of the high-end raid quests, according to my brother. Stuff like mobs you need to kill in the raid only dropping 3 instances of the "proof item" you need to pass the quest (so in a 12-man raid, you have to do the entire raid 4 times for everybody.) (And this is counter to the way the other quests work, so if it's "as designed" then it's not very consistent...)

He also said one of the other quests he went to complete was borked - like a spawn not appearing or being invulnerable. I forget which it was now, but basically it was a quest he couldn't complete.

So whilst it APPEARS they've made some progress and added new content, buyer beware, as the game still isn't working properly.

• Roxette 11 Dec 2008 12:11:51 9 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    " And those who are obsessed are blind to its faults"

So you said something about yourself Monkeyman

Well, considering its my job too.. perhaps your brother is not so good as you think
  • iokthemonkey 11 Dec 2008 12:19:09 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Roxette wrote:
    " And those who are obsessed are blind to its faults"

So you said something about yourself Monkeyman

Well, considering its my job too.. perhaps your brother is not so good as you think

You and Simen should get a room together. It'd be cheap too, seeing as there's only one of you... :)

And you honestly think AoC is well-coded and stable? Then you're clearly blind. My brother's had no problems with any other games save AoC. So where do you think the fault could lie? Oh clearly not with AoC, as it's impossible for you to accept that your favourite game could possibly have a bug or two in it.

Move your lips away from Funcom's collective anus and take a cold, hard look at the game then come back and we'll discuss it properly, m'kay?

• iokthemonkey 18 Jan 2009 11:34:11 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No_Biggie wrote:

Can you show us again on that FC doll where it hurts?

Get some help alright.

Hoho! That's a funny one. So funny in fact that you appear to use this "FC doll" line repeatedly.

Here's a tip, bucko. If a joke isn't funny, saying it again and again won't change that...

But hey, if you're sucker enough to pay those shysters so you can play an incomplete, broken game, you go right ahead.

Hey, have you ever seen the Egress?

• Benno 18 Jan 2009 11:36:37 9,403 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you ever thought about just ignoring him. He is obviously a planet and hes getting exactly what he wants by you guys bumping the thread and discussing it. Just let his threads die and if he keeps bumping them/making new ones - he'll get banned.
  • iokthemonkey 18 Jan 2009 11:38:48 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    True. Although I do find it difficult not to offer balance to the idiocy he and his friends here spew out whenever the quality of their blessed AoC is even questioned...

• jellyhead 18 Jan 2009 12:22:53 24,350 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    no, no, no, it's going well. We're wavering. Aren't we?
    ;)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Mr-Brett 18 Jan 2009 13:17:49 12,681 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    no, no, no, it's going well. We're wavering. Aren't we?
    ;)

Indeed, my opinion of AoC has gone from indifference to disgust based on his posts.

That's what he was aiming for right?

Portable view - Never forget.

• RM2KMaster 19 Jan 2009 06:07:01 3,283 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a shame AoC is such an enormous bag of utter shite after level 20.
    I enjoyed it up to then.

Maybe they should've of kept it in development for another year or so.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous