Match.com and Online Dating Page 331

• Page

of 330 First / Last

Next
  • kinky_mong 21 Feb 2013 12:14:38 10,357 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    Can everyone post the pictures of all of the ladies that message them.

Thread would be thousand times better.
    It would mostly be images of hippo troglodytes , as they are generally the only woman who have to send messages on these sites rather than receive them.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Salaman 21 Feb 2013 14:23:07 19,140 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    As an odd follow up to last night. The lass (and about half of the people at the drink it turned out) work in the same industrial estate where my company is. Mostly boring grey buildings. So when I said "let me guys you're in a drab, grey building" she said "no it's blue actually".

Arrive at work this morning. The building behind ours, which i look out at from my desk is blue. We're probably work neighbours. (or there's a few blue buildings about)

/sees the signs guiding him to the one
    Is this a riddle?
    Nope, it's confirmed. She works in the building behind ours. I can see their entrance from my desk.
  • Deckard1 21 Feb 2013 14:24:33 28,264 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Front or back entrance?
  • sport 21 Feb 2013 14:25:32 12,758 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What was she wearing at lunch time? Did she leave the office? What was her route? These are important things to keep in your journal.
  • Jeepers 21 Feb 2013 14:28:07 13,181 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    As an odd follow up to last night. The lass (and about half of the people at the drink it turned out) work in the same industrial estate where my company is. Mostly boring grey buildings. So when I said "let me guys you're in a drab, grey building" she said "no it's blue actually".

Arrive at work this morning. The building behind ours, which i look out at from my desk is blue. We're probably work neighbours. (or there's a few blue buildings about)

/sees the signs guiding him to the one
    Is this a riddle?
    Nope, it's confirmed. She works in the building behind ours. I can see their entrance from my desk.
    Icky.
  • Stickman 21 Feb 2013 14:30:45 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stand in front of a window facing them and masturbate. It's like a cheeky little ice breaker.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• RedSparrows 21 Feb 2013 14:42:15 22,908 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do what I did at school: work out when she normally goes for lunch, which classes she has at which times, and then try and meet her at every opportunity.

I got as far as nearly going out with her once.

Ahhh, year 10, stalker training.
  • sport 21 Feb 2013 14:45:08 12,758 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Stand in front of a window facing them and masturbate. It's like a cheeky little ice breaker.
    Simply licking the window would surely be enough?
  • Deckard1 21 Feb 2013 14:47:36 28,264 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Two words. Powerful. Erection.

Show her you have one and show her you're not afraid to use it. Everything else will fall into place.
  • Lukus 21 Feb 2013 14:49:34 19,148 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do a Paper Man on her. But with your penis, obviously.

Paintings & Photographs

• RichieTenenbaum 22 Feb 2013 12:08:45 2,215 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sent out loads of messages.

Miss d out letters of words' and put apostrophes in the w rong place just to keep em uessing

nothing back
  • RedSparrows 22 Feb 2013 12:27:54 22,908 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure if serious. If serious, whut.
  • Trafford 22 Feb 2013 14:32:53 5,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Date tomorrow, first of two redheads I've been chatting up.
    Choice, that's what you get with this.
  • SClaw 22 Feb 2013 15:08:29 826 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I’ve had some past success with dating sites – but not Match because it’s a shithole – and after flipping through a couple of pages here I thought I’d go check out this OKCupid business (the sites I’ve used before aren’t around anymore) see what things are like these days. Just curiosity more than active lady shopping; being single is far too relaxing to seriously considering giving up.

Is it just me or is answering those question cathartic as fuck? I only went on there to see if it was all dogs and loons (apparently not, much to my surprise) but ended up answering two hundred friggin’ questions. Had to chuckle at the results though; it’s a small word, because I recognised three of them from the train I catch every morning. Ah the temptation to creepily approach at the station them and, casually, have a surprising amount in common...

Nice site. Good soft sell sort of feel to it, rather than Match’s “subscribe! subscribe you cheap bastard!” vibe. Almost makes me want to get back in the game.
  • Salaman 22 Feb 2013 15:38:10 19,140 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Front entrance! But it's sort of at my 4 o'clock if I'm sat at my desk facing my PC. So I'll have a stiff neck soon if I try to keep track of who comes and goes there. I'll just ask her out for lunch or post work drinks sometime.
  • RichieTenenbaum 23 Feb 2013 01:33:53 2,215 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've sent dozens of inarticulate grunts to every woman on the site. Like some four or five times. And yet I haven't received a reply yet. Huff
  • kinky_mong 23 Feb 2013 16:02:24 10,357 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You don't help yourself, do you?

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Trafford 23 Feb 2013 21:21:10 5,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RichieTenenbaum

Come on Richie, pull yourself together man.
    Your an intelligent bloke, give up on the hate.
  • RichieTenenbaum 23 Feb 2013 21:56:51 2,215 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You don't know if I'm intelligent. I could be a simpleton.

I have actually sent messages. About 15. With bits about what I have in common with their profile. A little bit of questioning and a little bit about me. I have had no replies.

I've also had very few views as well, though, which suggests something is going wrong in the message phase.

People who get messages: do you normally find you get a reply within 24 hours or have you had a longer wait?
  • Deckard1 23 Feb 2013 22:13:47 28,264 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think your main problem is that you come across as a cunt. I mean so do I but you come across as real obnoxious cunt. You need to try to work on that. The not being a thoroughly unlikeable cunt thing.
  • Trafford 23 Feb 2013 22:15:55 5,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are you not a teacher? I seem to remember that from before you turned into this meh style character.
  • Deckard1 23 Feb 2013 22:16:02 28,264 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry
  • mrpon 23 Feb 2013 22:23:34 29,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Perhaps the "looking for a 6 month relationship" part is putting them off.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Trafford 23 Feb 2013 22:27:08 5,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a woman chat me up in my local coffee shop this morning. Weirdly attractive, a Russian translator of all things.
    I nearly cancelled my date with the Ginge, was getting that vibe.
    The date went okay, second is lined up, and I have the weirdo's number.

My point is Dickie, if a lorry load of damaged goods like me can do it, a once fucked wonder like you can.
  • RichieTenenbaum 23 Feb 2013 22:30:46 2,215 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LOL YOU GUYS

I am a teacher, yeah. Lots of teachers on Match.

Obviously my cuntiness is very much a part of the problem. But I am able to dial it down. I certainly didn't send a cunty message. I did accidentally miss a letter out of one message and incorrectly use an apostrophe because I tried to write it on my phone. Obviously that's a write off, but I learnt my lesson.

It's quite hard to write a message, really. Most people don't put enough on their profile page to get a good grip of who they are beyond 'generic girl' and it then makes it quite hard to message them with anything other than a generic message.

I will dial down the character aspects of my posts.
  • RichieTenenbaum 23 Feb 2013 22:31:47 2,215 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also: I actually find having sex with girls is not a problem. It's just having something lasting, really.

Again, more after practical tips. How long should a first message be? Have you been successful using a particular technique?

Edited by RichieTenenbaum at 22:33:10 23-02-2013
  • Trafford 23 Feb 2013 22:39:50 5,807 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Introduction paragraph with a subtle compliment.
    Comment briefly on similarities, ask them for more info.
    Give them them option of asking you a question, or throwing your application in the bin.

*I've got a 5/5 respone with this.
    If they're not reading or replying, they are probably busy or getting to know someone else, move on.
    I read this whole thread before having a go at these matters. The first half is full of good advice.

Edited by Trafford at 22:48:16 23-02-2013
  • Ziz0u 23 Feb 2013 22:41:26 8,395 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Be good looking. Always works.
  • RichieTenenbaum 23 Feb 2013 22:48:41 2,215 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SHIT
  • Deckard1 23 Feb 2013 22:48:59 28,264 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It really does works a treat. Add on funny and interesting and you're home and dry. The world is quite literally your smorgasbord. Whatever the fuck that is. Being a self hating prick who picks faults with every single thing they encounter in life really does no one any good. I have know idea why people keep going with that.
  • Page

of 330 First / Last

Next