• Stickman 3 Oct 2012 12:23:25 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Zom has a new strategy.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• kinky_mong 3 Oct 2012 14:02:25 10,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cinema is an awful first date idea IMO. Sitting in silence for 90 minutes+ is not a good way to get to know someone, talking over a coffee/drink is and is easy to leave if you don't get on.

The cinema is fine for a third (second at a push) date though.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Zomoniac 3 Oct 2012 14:03:52 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My current strategy is having no strategy, trying not to think about things too much, and the occasional crywank.
  • mcmonkeyplc 3 Oct 2012 14:50:55 39,456 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Cinema is an awful first date idea IMO. Sitting in silence for 90 minutes+ is not a good way to get to know someone, talking over a coffee/drink is and is easy to leave if you don't get on.

The cinema is fine for a third (second at a push) date though.
    I agree.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• RobTheBuilder 3 Oct 2012 14:54:30 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Agreed. Get to know each other enough that you can then sit together without any first date awkwardness
  • mcmonkeyplc 3 Oct 2012 14:59:36 39,456 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /been on a first date involving cinema...was not great.

/been on second date involving cinema...was also not great.

/tard

Come and get it cumslingers!

• cheeky_prawnking 6 Oct 2012 18:53:20 4,575 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I need to expand my profile beyond, "I am Metal".
  • DodgyPast 8 Oct 2012 20:07:12 8,468 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    I think I need to expand my profile beyond, "I am Metal".
    Would an extra n at the end of the sentence be in order?

Sadly my cockiness is over and I'm looking again. Trying a repeat of the befriend as many interesting girls as possible and see if any of them end up wanting a date.

Edited by DodgyPast at 20:13:09 08-10-2012
  • FWB 8 Oct 2012 20:27:34 44,572 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Weren't you living together, DP? Choosing curtains and baby names?
  • Zomoniac 8 Oct 2012 21:41:47 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Condolences DP :(

I seem to be finally just about regaining the ability to function. We only went out 10 weeks, so the 5 weeks it's taken me to not hide in a corner in a mess seems somewhat disproportionate, but I'm feeling a lot more positive today. Still not feeling like I can involve myself with anyone else yet, think that's still some way off, but am much chirpier. Huzzah \o/
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 21:50:16
    Is she still alive?
  • Zomoniac 8 Oct 2012 21:52:50 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes. Seen her for a total of 5 minutes since to exchange things we'd left at each other's houses. We'll be good friends in time I'm sure.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 21:54:06
    And if not...
  • mrpon 8 Oct 2012 21:59:37 28,913 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Yes. Seen her for a total of 5 minutes since to exchange things we'd left at each other's houses. We'll be good friends in time I'm sure.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• FWB 8 Oct 2012 22:03:18 44,572 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good friends? Bollocks. Nobody is good friends with their ex. They say they want to be and perhaps even mean it, but you won't be, simply because when you find someone else you will be too busy to see them. I get on fine with a few of mine and remain in contact (if you can all FB and the odd message contact), but I don't really speak to them anymore. Separate lives.
  • Zomoniac 8 Oct 2012 22:06:28 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm still very good friends with most of my exes. I went to a gig at the weekend with one, I'm going to another's engagement party next weekend. If you were close and the breakup came about on reasonable terms and not in a big rage fit because someone cheated or something then I see no good reason why it's not perfectly easy to do.
  • FWB 8 Oct 2012 22:10:56 44,572 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You're single, right?

It's got nothing to do with being close, it is down to time.
  • Zomoniac 8 Oct 2012 22:20:48 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes I'm single.

For me I just need time to not be hung up on someone. When I broke up with the girl I went out with for seven years, about 2.5 years ago, we agreed that for a few months we'd pretend the other didn't exist, block each other from all forms of contact, just to get ourselves sorted. Now we speak on the phone at some point every week and see each other at least every couple of months (we live a few hours apart now so not practical to do much more). She's getting married next year, I get on very well with her fiancé and all is fine. I don't see her as much as an ex now so much as a good friend, I make time for her just as I would any other friend.
  • sport 8 Oct 2012 22:22:14 12,724 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Yes I'm single.

For me I just need time to not be hung up on someone. When I broke up with the girl I went out with for seven years, about 2.5 years ago, we agreed that for a few months we'd pretend the other didn't exist, block each other from all forms of contact, just to get ourselves sorted. Now we speak on the phone at some point every week and see each other at least every couple of months (we live a few hours apart now so not practical to do much more). She's getting married next year, I get on very well with her fiancé and all is fine. I don't see her as much as an ex now so much as a good friend, I make time for her just as I would any other friend.
    Dino girl is getting married?!?!?!
  • FWB 8 Oct 2012 22:29:12 44,572 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seven years.... fair enough. Not even come close to lasting that long so who am I to judge. :)
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 22:47:11
    He says went out with, he means he watched her through his telescope and occasionally went through her bins for seven years. The weekly phone calls consist of him heavy breathing for half an hour at her while she rocks gently in the corner of the room, wishing he would leave her alone.
  • elstoof 8 Oct 2012 22:53:36 7,328 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:

For me I just need time to not be hung up on someone.

Zomoniac wrote:

I'm still very good friends with most of my exes. I went to a gig at the weekend with one, I'm going to another's engagement party next weekend.
    If you need me to join the dots a bit more, just holla.
  • Zomoniac 9 Oct 2012 05:42:41 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Y'all are so mean.
  • DodgyPast 9 Oct 2012 06:41:06 8,468 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Weren't you living together, DP? Choosing curtains and baby names?
    Yes, I really thought she could be the one.

But I didn't know about some problems due to cultural differences I was unaware of. Learnt a few unpleasant truths about myself in the process.

Not rushing anything because I'd still like to fix it... but not looking good.

Oddly enough it was an ex from years ago who helped me get over the initial horror by inviting me down to spend a few days getting trashed with her and her boyfriend.

I think you can be good friends afterwards, especially if you knew each other very well... her current bf doesn't know half her history including the fact that I'm an ex but didn't warn me. Fortunately I knew her well enough to never put my foot in my mouth :D
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 06:43:15
    Did she have boy parts?
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Oct 2012 06:53:47 24,326 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DodgyPast came to the realisation that he's a massive, massive racist.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• CosmicFuzz 9 Oct 2012 06:54:26 24,326 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mrpon very good :D

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• sport 9 Oct 2012 08:29:27 12,724 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    DodgyPast came to the realisation that he's a massive, massive racist.
    He needs to stop opening those PMs from Lexx.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 08:43:55
    The promise of special K in the subject line always ends up turning nasty.

Edited by mowgli at 08:44:11 09-10-2012
  • Salaman 9 Oct 2012 13:02:01 19,055 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Is she still alive?
    Doesn't it get boring making that same joke again and again?
    It's starting to get a bit old for me at the least.
  • Page

of 330 First / Last