Match.com and Online Dating Page 4

• Page

of 330 First / Last

• von_Doll 10 Dec 2008 23:51:48 2,113 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Everyone in this thread who has signed up MUST keep a blog of sorts here to keep us all updated, any potential dates, the run up to the date, how the date goes, etc, mmkay?

Good good :)

Yes!

Apparently, I had a few winks and e-mails in my Match inbox, which of course, you need to be a subscriber to retrieve. I figured it was just crap from the admin, but I figured I'll do the 3-day trial and have a peek.

Turns out there was a couple of non-monsters trying to initiate contact, which was nice. In fact, when I quizzed one of them as to why I would want to date her over the other girls on the site, her reply ended with this, genuinely:

"I'm witty, charming, and have fantastic tits!!!"

Ended my trial, as even if I put my heart into it, I figure Xmas isn't the best time to try this sort of doo-hickey.

Still, fantastic tits!
  • quantumsheep 11 Dec 2008 00:12:47 3,127 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Isn't it about time Eurogamers had a date site component added?

Vote NOW!
  • Hunam 11 Dec 2008 00:28:09 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We'd all just end up trying to hook up with Owen and you know it.
  • quantumsheep 11 Dec 2008 00:32:05 3,127 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bugger.
  • Genji 11 Dec 2008 03:02:00 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:

Ended my trial, as even if I put my heart into it, I figure Xmas isn't the best time to try this sort of doo-hickey.

Still, fantastic tits!
    Got her profile details handy? I'm always up for some fantastic tits. :-D
  • ilmaestro 11 Dec 2008 03:25:45 32,465 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    I have a group of friends (around 10) who are christians and don't believe in sex before marriage, some of the girls are really hot too =/
    Hey, just wait until they become teenagers and you never know your luck!

• Garibaldi 11 Dec 2008 03:25:57 58 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:

Yes!

Apparently, I had a few winks and e-mails in my Match inbox, which of course, you need to be a subscriber to retrieve. I figured it was just crap from the admin, but I figured I'll do the 3-day trial and have a peek.

Turns out there was a couple of non-monsters trying to initiate contact, which was nice. In fact, when I quizzed one of them as to why I would want to date her over the other girls on the site, her reply ended with this, genuinely:

Still, fantastic tits!

What sort of thing did you write in your profile? I'm not a bad looking chap and like to think ( might be biased here ) that I'm pretty interesting but have only ever had one wink and e-mail on Match.com.
  • cubbymoore 11 Dec 2008 03:30:51 36,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    I have a group of friends (around 10) who are christians and don't believe in sex before marriage, some of the girls are really hot too =/
    /cogs wirr

*bing*

:D
  • ilmaestro 11 Dec 2008 03:37:08 32,465 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ^_^

• von_Doll 11 Dec 2008 10:26:34 2,113 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Garibaldi wrote:
    What sort of thing did you write in your profile? I'm not a bad looking chap and like to think ( might be biased here ) that I'm pretty interesting but have only ever had one wink and e-mail on Match.com.

Just the usual garbage, but I manged to swing it so that I sounded a little more upmarket than most of my immediate competition. I also specifically said I was more interested in the girl-next-door type as opposed to the Bebo-obsessed pisshead, and presumably the nice girls eat that shit up.

I think, based on my limited experience, even online boy/girl social situations can be a bit like a school disco, with each sex lined up against the wall wanting to, but wary of, making the first move. And of course, the boys outnumber the girls, so I'd imagine many are quite happy to sit back and lap up the attention instead of being pro-active.

And for the record, I'm fairly average looking, and (I think) I take a pretty shit photo.

• CosmicFuzz 11 Dec 2008 11:24:21 24,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Trane wrote:

:D

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• Merlinho 11 Dec 2008 11:44:43 5,909 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm actually tempted to give this a go now, 20 quidco on 22.50 for a month's membership means it's just the cost of a pint.

I'm on a couple of free sites, but I think they're infested by male sexual predators who put off any nice girls before they've even got started, and mean that women get inundated with messages. I've had enough of reading "read, deleted" next to my carefully penned sent messages' status!

Maybe paying weeds out the tossers? Maybe...
  • Trane 11 Dec 2008 11:48:26 4,056 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Trane wrote:

lol, one is a late teen, rest are 20s.

My mate's started seeing one of them, I fear for him =(

His right hand is gonna be doing overtime for years if the relationship is a 'success'.
  • Merlinho 11 Dec 2008 11:49:31 5,909 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't you mean her right hand?
  • Trane 11 Dec 2008 11:50:31 4,056 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Merlinho wrote:
    Don't you mean her right hand?

I'd bet money that she won't go near his cock tbh.

I'll ask him, he's an honest chap.
  • von_Doll 11 Dec 2008 11:51:01 2,113 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Merlinho wrote:
    I'm actually tempted to give this a go now, 20 quidco on 22.50 for a month's membership means it's just the cost of a pint.

I'm on a couple of free sites, but I think they're infested by male sexual predators who put off any nice girls before they've even got started.

Yeah, the free sites are all about the Russian flirtbots and your friendly neighbourhood cam girls.
  • Genji 11 Dec 2008 11:53:28 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Found a few cam girls on the paid sites, too. There's probably less, though.
  • Merlinho 11 Dec 2008 12:22:16 5,909 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've never had a even a flirtbot or cam girl message me. There's a lot who look decent enough, but just ignore any message I send.

Gumtree is flirtbot/camgirl heaven though...that place is odd.
  • coojam 11 Dec 2008 13:11:01 625 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Merlinho wrote:

Shit me, I was annoyed about having to spend over 20 on this but now I found out I coulda had most of that back from Quido? Balls. Don't suppose they do a retrospective payment to they?
  • Merlinho 11 Dec 2008 13:12:52 5,909 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Um, no. If you don't click through Quidco, Quidco don't get any affiliate fees.
  • dufftownallan 12 Dec 2008 00:07:57 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quidco...?

can someone do me a favour? have a quick search for inverness and find out how many women come up? ive been tempted by this kind of thing for a while but the north of scotland is still a backwater arsehole of a place and im not sure many of the locals have got to grips with electricity yet let alone the interwebs.

20 is a bit much only to find there are no invernesian women on the site who are half decent. thanks in advance
  • Trane 12 Dec 2008 09:45:05 4,056 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    quidco...?

can someone do me a favour? have a quick search for inverness and find out how many women come up? ive been tempted by this kind of thing for a while but the north of scotland is still a backwater arsehole of a place and im not sure many of the locals have got to grips with electricity yet let alone the interwebs.

20 is a bit much only to find there are no invernesian women on the site who are half decent. thanks in advance

How can you not get women, you're clearly an easy going chap and not a tight arse ;P
  • repairmanjack 12 Dec 2008 10:11:45 6,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    coojam wrote:
    Merlinho wrote:

Shit me, I was annoyed about having to spend over 20 on this but now I found out I coulda had most of that back from Quido? Balls. Don't suppose they do a retrospective payment to they?

Great ice-breaker for the first date there.

Can you search match.com for "women who are allergic to having gifts bought for them"?

Good luck, Rockafeller. ;)
  • AdmiralPellaeon 12 Dec 2008 10:52:15 347 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How not to answer a dating site question
  • repairmanjack 12 Dec 2008 11:12:39 6,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You know what? For all my piss-taking, I've had a search of my area... and I'm tempted to give it a go.
  • shamblemonkee 12 Dec 2008 11:15:27 14,491 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been with one of these psycho internet freak ladys for over a year now, don't do it! :p
  • FHUTA 12 Dec 2008 11:27:44 880 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    quidco...?

y'know you can like join for free right!? - you only need to subscribe if you want to contact anyone (which I suppose is pretty much the point)
  • von_Doll 12 Dec 2008 11:32:39 2,113 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    quidco...?

You can search for free, but anyway:

7 pages, about 10 to a page. within 50 miles of IV2, aged 21-30.
  • Merlinho 12 Dec 2008 11:48:53 5,909 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The question is though, how many of those are just free members, and how many would actually subscribe to reply to you. That reduces your numbers considerably.
  • von_Doll 12 Dec 2008 13:07:49 2,113 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    True. Part of the reason why I haven't bothered 'properly' with it. Unless you like a spot of ego-massaging and "OMG, 100 views already", free profiles are a waste of fucking time. I hid mine from public view when my trial ended; can't have all those women getting over-excited, can we?

I think the other part being I can just envision endless e-mail 'converstions' that just fizzle out, or that abruptly end after having the cheek to suggest a coffee after only 6 months chatting.
  • Page

of 330 First / Last