Match.com and Online Dating Page 5

• Page

of 330 First / Last

• repairmanjack 12 Dec 2008 13:32:48 6,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucking hell, found someone I know on there! She must be desperate.

Erm...
  • von_Doll 12 Dec 2008 13:35:35 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hawt?
  • Hunam 12 Dec 2008 13:36:29 20,674 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw someone I went to school with too, man she's as ugly as I remember too.
  • von_Doll 12 Dec 2008 13:39:52 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I remember a couple of years ago, I was browsing a free site and came across a lass I went to uni with briefly. I only remember her above the others as we were standing at the bus stop one day, and I realised I had no change, and she generously gave me a quid.

Man, she was lovely too.
  • dufftownallan 12 Dec 2008 18:27:53 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    trane: lol! i only date rich women... :op
    fhuta: i did not know this! i have toyed with the idea but never actually went on the website, i may have to have a wee peek at somepoint over the weekend. flatmateclick works exactly the same way.
    von doll: thank you, it'll be interesting to see how many are actually inverness based but i guess i can go look myself now! thanks for doing that for me tho.
  • coojam 12 Dec 2008 18:55:00 625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:
    True. Part of the reason why I haven't bothered 'properly' with it. Unless you like a spot of ego-massaging and "OMG, 100 views already", free profiles are a waste of fucking time.

To be honest, I don't find that ego-massaging, I find that depressing. I hadn't even considered that they might not be subscribers, rather that I'd sent them a message, they'd read it, looked at my profile and then thought "fuck that" (or not, as the case may be).

But thanks, you've actually raised my spirits a fair bit.

"I saw someone I went to school with too, man she's as ugly as I remember too."

This happened to me, the exact same thing. Poor lass.
  • von_Doll 12 Dec 2008 19:13:58 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On a positive note, Ms Fantastic Tits has cheekily obtained my e-mail address (I wasn't aware it was going out with e-mails through the match server) and struck up an off the books e-mail conversation.

She sounds a bit like one of these girls who's watched too much Sex and The City, though, ie, a bit of a perennial one-dater.

We'll see.

Again, I'd like the remind forumites I'm not Brad Pitt, and women who claim to have fantastic tits are not throwing themselves at me on a daily basis. So chin up, lads.

thankyouverymuch
  • banjoted 12 Dec 2008 19:15:53 1,500 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dabbled with this when temporarily single for a bit last year. Not bad for two month's use really - met four women, got one lay out of it.
  • coojam 12 Dec 2008 19:40:53 625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The more morally obliged side of me would probably question a woman who told me she had fantastic tits in an opening conversation.

The other side would tell her that that is a matter of opinion and that she would have to prove it.
  • dufftownallan 12 Dec 2008 23:07:48 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    i think "fantastic tits" is very subjective and i - for one - would require corroborative evdence of the fact...
    von, are you the vince vaughn of the board?
  • dufftownallan 12 Dec 2008 23:53:01 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    casper, how many of the other types of women did you come accross in glasgow?
    a big figure might well make it worth moving
  • von_Doll 13 Dec 2008 10:10:02 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    von, are you the vince vaughn of the board?

Absolutely. I don't consider it a fair fight unless I'm punching above my weight.
  • Genji 13 Dec 2008 10:19:40 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Daily 5 matching thing is absolutely horrible. I just do regular searches of the newest members - you're much more likely to get a reply that way.
  • von_Doll 13 Dec 2008 10:22:10 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a young asian man in my daily matches. Not my type, sadly, but hey, diversity never hurt anyone.

I preferred to do a site search by latest activity. You're less likely to take a shine to a timewaster.
  • repairmanjack 13 Dec 2008 11:20:50 6,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What does "active within ____ days/weeks" mean? Is that how long they've been on the site, since last log in, or how much notice they need to get ready?

After last nights Christmas party I'm more tempted by this than ever. The women I meet on the internet can't be any crazier than the ones I work with.
  • von_Doll 13 Dec 2008 11:23:55 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When they last logged in. Not much point messaging someone who has 'been online within 4 weeks' if you know what I mean. Tell-tale sign they've either lost interest or let their subscription lapse.
  • von_Doll 13 Dec 2008 11:25:44 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On the flipside, if you see someone who's forever noted as being active within 24 hours, you know they're gagging for it. ;)
  • repairmanjack 13 Dec 2008 11:28:36 6,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:
    On the flipside, if you see someone who's forever noted as being active within 24 hours, you know they're gagging for it. ;)

Oh. Any way I can hide that?
  • Genji 13 Dec 2008 11:30:38 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just keep a tab open, so I guess it's showing me as "online" all the time.
  • von_Doll 13 Dec 2008 11:33:13 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I suppose you could temporarily hide your profile from public view if you're getting a little click-happy on the site, but don''t want to show it. But why would you want to? Chicks digs desperate guys who dig desperate girls.

And anyway, at the prices they charge for a subscription, only a mad 'un wouldn't wring every ounce of worth out of the site. A bit of a waste of money if you sit back and wait for everyone else to make the first move (ie, most of the women on there)
  • repairmanjack 13 Dec 2008 11:34:00 6,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was joking... But, yeah, increasingly tempted. Must be the time of year.
  • von_Doll 13 Dec 2008 11:37:54 2,114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought you might be, but you never know. A bit like how people get a bit ancy about being seen on Live all the time ("it'll look like I have no life!"). Like any fellow gamer gives a toss that you spend 6 hours a day playing Gears of War.

Anyhoo, yeah, I'd imagine Xmas makes people romantic... or horny... or both.

• coojam 13 Dec 2008 11:50:02 625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:
    And anyway, at the prices they charge for a subscription, only a mad 'un wouldn't wring every ounce of worth out of the site. A bit of a waste of money if you sit back and wait for everyone else to make the first move (ie, most of the women on there)

I think that's why I was disappointed when I hardly had any contact within a couple of days after registering. I'd had more attention on a free dating website I'd registered for and the types of women on there didn't see much far removed!

Christmas is certainly a time where it brings it most home to the single. I've never actually been with someone over Christmas (my wallet says "thank fuck"), but it's always that time when people get coupled up, in front of the fire, watching the soppy films til 2 o clock in the morning, making singles like me feel like they want to vomit themselves to death!
  • Genji 13 Dec 2008 23:08:57 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh wonderful. I was just sent an e-mail by a 38-year-old Italian woman who wants to have "correspondence" with me. She must have missed that I was looking for someone under 26, who doesn't live thousands of kilometers away.

ffs
  • repairmanjack 13 Dec 2008 23:33:30 6,071 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Correspondence"?

What page of the kama sutra is that on?
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 22:57:20
    So I signed up to this thing, only I won't have enough on my credit card to actually subscribe for another week, and my profile is going to take 72 hours to be anything more than a blank page and on my first search I found a REALLY HOT GIRL who is online RIGHT NOW.

Life is cruel.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 23:02:26
    I AM AN IMPATIENT MAN

WHERE ARE MY DATES
  • Page

of 330 First / Last