What are you currently playing? Page 226

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• jabberwoky 14 Jan 2014 11:57:11 441 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Replaying dragon age origins after a 6 year gap, this time as a mage. Its a very good game, not wild about the combat system, but the characters and story are as good as you could hope for. It highlights how poor its successers were.
  • Progguitarist 14 Jan 2014 15:56:01 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rayman Legends on PS3. I wanted to get it on Wii U but they were out of stock. It's absolutely brilliant.
  • JiveHound 14 Jan 2014 16:00:32 2,147 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Still playing Mario 3d World. I have to admit that after plumping for LOU as game of the year that EG got it spot on.

What is remarkable about it is that trying to get 100% is part of the fun rather than just grind work. It actually gets better after you see the end credits.

Edited by JiveHound at 16:01:23 14-01-2014

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• B0rked_Gamer 14 Jan 2014 16:02:52 1,864 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark Souls and a bajillion other games but mostly Dark Souls.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Jan 2014 12:39:55 6,246 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Titan Quest

My my, this is rather good. I'd say it even gives Diablo a run for its money.

The only thing I'm slightly miffed about is the lack of blood. It feels very PG-13.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Jan 2014 12:44:01 13,814 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Time to start a new game :)
    Completed ACIV and Bulletstorm over the past week or so.
    Now to spend hours looking at my unplayed games and deciding which one to start.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 16 Jan 2014 13:49:49 6,566 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FO:NV Duff. C'mon, get your wasteland-wandering RPG hat on at last! ;-)

On topic, still mostly BF4 multiplayer.

Oh, and a bit of Tearaway on the Vita. T'is great.
  • Physically_Insane 16 Jan 2014 13:52:14 7,863 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising. As with other MGS villains, they've all been fantastic so far.
  • Deleted user 18 January 2014 08:34:59
    Assassin's Creed 3

Now, normally I wait about a year between playing ac games but having only just finished revelations I felt compelled to get this.

Initial thoughts are brilliant as per. But have they simplified the simple combat even further? It seems like it. Plus a few glitches already since arriving in Boston with people randomly appearing and disappearing.

That said. It's assassin's creed, and I love it.
  • Cosmopolitan 18 Jan 2014 08:59:39 1,895 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Titan Quest

My my, this is rather good. I'd say it even gives Diablo a run for its money.

The only thing I'm slightly miffed about is the lack of blood. It feels very PG-13.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, I personally could not get into it. Liked the ambiance, the change of setting (no trolls and orcs this time) but everything else was just meh. Somehow I did not feel compelled to continue. But maybe I am just burnt out on the genre, had a really long session with Torchlight last year.

As to thread title: Zelda A Link Between Worlds - best Zelda I have played so far. Funny, fresh, good-looking. The story is nothing to write home about but who cares as long as the game is fun.
    Also some 3DS demos:
    Etrian Odyssey Something Titan - surprisingly loving it.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Something - surprisingly fun, loving it.
    Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater - loving it, but where is the first person view aiming?
    Bravely Default - surprisingly hated it.
    Street Pass Quest - loving it, if only I could understand how the game randomly decides which hero you get for 2 coins.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 09:07:31 18-01-2014

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 09:17:53 18-01-2014

The Master of Unlocking.

• DUFFMAN5 18 Jan 2014 10:05:31 13,814 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Infamous 2, it seems like I have been playing this off and on for several years, each time I go back to it, I wonder why I don't play it until completion. I love it ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Stranded87 18 Jan 2014 10:13:34 768 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baldur's Gate 2 EE
    Super Mario 3D World
    Super Mario 3D Land
    The Shadow Sun
    Republique
    The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Attack of the Friday Monsters
    The Banner Saga

And I only have maybe 5 hours a week to spend on games at the moment...

Edited by Stranded87 at 10:28:43 18-01-2014
  • Gunzberg 18 Jan 2014 10:15:53 929 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Skyward Sword - 39 hours in and just about 60% done. A huge, huge game that is very good but let down often by having motion controls. Some other minor stuff also quite annoying but definitely up there with the best Zelda games.

Ratchet & Clank Nexus - Just great R&C fun, really enjoying this but did have the game freeze on me once and lock up my PS3 forcing a hard restart. But for fans of the franchise the game is brilliant

Borderlands 2 - co-op with Sharzam, clicking better with me than the first game which I hated. Can only imagine how manic it would be with 4 players

Since I just bought a Vita and a 3DSxl, I imagine I will be raiding PS+ in the near future for all those goodies

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• SamNunn92 18 Jan 2014 10:18:20 110 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lego LOTR. I have to admit, this game is actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I got it to play with the girlfriend as she is a big LOTR fan and was expecting it to be passable but nothing more. It's actually really pretty great! Solid gameplay, the seamless overworld map is a nice touch, the cutscenes are genuinely funny in places, and I think it was a great decision to keep the original dialogue & music from the movies. Very impressed!
  • Madder-Max 18 Jan 2014 10:19:05 11,568 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GTA Online. Its getting a lot better. Less wankers and since the update which sorted the money glitch, people seem more pleasant.

You still get players who treat it as one huge deathmatch but hunting them out of the session becomes a sport.

However there is still the issue of servers timing out now and then and a I lost my tricked out Felon to the irretrievable destroyed car glitch.

To anyone put off by the mismanagement of expectations, I would suggest giving it another go with fresh eyes. It can be epic when you get a good group of randome going through missions etc.

There is some great user created content on there now as well.

Edited by Madder-Max at 10:20:13 18-01-2014

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Doomspoon 18 Jan 2014 13:37:39 2,353 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Being slack in clearing some backlog, currently rounding of Metro 2033 on PC in readiness for Last Light being one of next month's PS+ games. I'm also feeling the need to finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution so will probably crack on once Metro is done.

Pleasantly surprised by Remember Me on PS3, another PS+ offering, I'd read mixed opinions on it and came into it with no other expectations other than it may be mediocre and the combos might be a pain in the arse. I like the aesthetics of it, Neo Paris as a setting is something a bit different from the typical Japanese stylings synonymous with the cyberpunk genre.

So the gameplay is nothing original and the execution is functional but I'm enjoying it, I like the way it feels like a reworking of 'We Can Remember It For You Wholesale' or 'Total Recall', having a character called Dr. Quaid has to be more than a coincidence.

Whilst it may not be the best game I've played I'd have been happy with it if I'd paid Ģ15 or so for it. Having it as a PS+ freebie/rental is a nice bonus and I'd probably have let it pass me by otherwise.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Jan 2014 02:28:48 6,246 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Ahhh, I'd forgotten how great this game was.

I think it's the difficulty that does it for me. There are dangerous monsters absolutely everywhere, and they will murder your party at low levels.

Hell, even gaining a level in this feels like a major achievement. Unlike games of today where the level ups are so common that it becomes suffocating.

The only problem I have is the relative lack of evil quest options. You are very much rewarded for being a goody-two-shoes in this game, with evil getting you less xp and, often, less money. Which is not how it should work.

But we do get the best party members, so there's that. :)
  • speed182 19 Jan 2014 02:46:09 895 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    KOTOR on PC... for my first time! It's brilliant.

Super Mario 3D World on Wii U with my daughter and GF which is incredibly fun.

Donkey Kong on 3DS. It's fun and challenging but can be very frustrating. Yes I'm talking about you mole boss.

And lastly a bit of Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii which I'm impressed with. It seems to track the motion well, as my slight draw from my real swing actually comes out in the game.

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• EMarkM 19 Jan 2014 03:36:32 3,133 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Skyward Sword - 39 hours in and just about 60% done. A huge, huge game that is very good but let down often by having motion controls. Some other minor stuff also quite annoying but definitely up there with the best Zelda games.
    Completely agree.

We still haven't finished this. Just up to the bit where you chase underwater musical notes, if that means anything to anyone: haven't touched it in about a year :(

The ONLY games that I actually like the motion controls on are Wii Sports and Tiger Woods.

To answer the thread: Dark Souls (nearly completed my first run I think), plus The Last of Us and Uncharted 2, which we've not touched for ages. About halfway through both from what I can make out.

Loads of others on the boil, like inFamous and Catherine, but Dark Souls eats all my limited gaming time.
  • Deleted user 19 January 2014 06:33:44
    Mass Effect 2.

Man this game goes on for ever. ever ever ever. FOREVER. Ok it doesn't have too, but its a part of my entire play through of the series as i originally played 2 before 1 came out on Playstation. So just want to do as much as i can.

Sort of enjoying it, i just recruited thane, which instantly brigtened my mood. To be fair to it, once i start it up i get into it, but it the thought process of doing so.

BF4.

MP. Enjoying it still, but didn't actually play it last week, as a mini brea. Resogun overtook my life for a few long nights.
  • FatSternKikwi 19 Jan 2014 08:13:22 278 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FF9

Been playing it for a year and a half. I enjoy it for about 10 hours then need to take a break. Played it straight after ff7,4,3,1 and 6 so I may have overdone it a bit.

Badlands on ipad

Fun and atmospheric. Perfect ipad game.
  • danathjo 19 Jan 2014 09:38:06 6,909 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Addicted to NBA 2K14 Mycareer mode. After starting off as a humbled rookie, almost at the all star break and really doing well so going to make him an arrogant asshole now, a lot more fun. Will probably wait until end of season before demanding a trade (sick of the Milwaukee stadium) but ready to sell out my best friend agent for the big money!

Also bit of Assassins Creed 4, fantastic on remote play.
  • hypoBla5t 19 Jan 2014 09:57:15 1,267 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Currently blasting through SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 which is really very, very good, not played a Nintendo platformer since Kirby's Epic Yarn and I'm getting that same warm, fuzzy feeling from it. It's making me want to dig out Super Mario Sunshine too.

Also cracking on with FINAL FANTASY VIII, had a bit of a lull after spending ~30 hours on disc 1 (not far off the amount of time I spent on the whole of VII) but I'm back on it now. Top JRPG.

On the PC I'm dividing my time between THE TYPING OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL (not quite as good as I expected, but still fun and funny) and HEROES OF MIGHT & MAGIC V which I'm trying to get into, I can see it's an epic timesink but it hasn't quite grabbed me.

So there you go, you're all informed and up to date now.
  • ScandinavianStar 21 Jan 2014 09:28:38 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Xbox 360:
    Sleeping dogs: I know i already should have finished this game but for some reason I keep starting other new games before I even finish this one
    FIFA 14: More of the same from previous years but itīs still fun.

iPad app:
    Quizkampen: Don't know if itīs got an English name also but itīs just an normal quiz game

On mobile on my way to work trying to beat my friends high scores:
    Jet Boy: Just an easy game but Iīm not going to let any of my friends get the high score =)
    Description_here

Edited by ScandinavianStar at 09:49:02 21-01-2014
  • Kanjin 22 Jan 2014 00:38:55 961 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Assassins Creed: Liberation HD

It's pretty good. It seems less polished than other games in the series and the story is a little confusing at times, but Aveline is almost as likable as Ezio or Edward and I kinda like the costume changes. So yeah, not bad but I'm glad it's not the first Assassin's Creed game I've played.
  • Gunzberg 22 Jan 2014 09:52:38 929 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @EMarkM Ha, I parked the game for a week after reaching that bit.

I literally only have that part, 1 dungeon and the final boss left but the game is so full of padding and filler + senseless travelling around it gets dull fast.

45 hours in and at least 30 hours of that spent on sidequests and faffing about with the filler content. Also fighting the Imprisoned 3 times just shows how shitty the design decisions are in this game.

I promised myself to force myself to finish it this week even though it holds no appeal anymore. One scathing review coming up soonish...

Edited by Gunzberg at 09:52:59 22-01-2014

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• TheMayorOfJugs 23 Jan 2014 13:18:25 2,279 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Still loving Tales of Graces, so much so that I'm planning on picking up all the other Tales games at some stage.

But SMT Nocturne(Lucifer's Call) just came through the letter box and....... I haz conflict.

Anyone here completed it? Which ending should I go for first?
  • kinky_mong 23 Jan 2014 13:58:14 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I started Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within last night.

HAHAHAHAHA! What is this emo shit?!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Raiko101 23 Jan 2014 14:16:38 5,541 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's my favourite in the series. Besides the visuals, which really didn't need to be 'darkened', I enjoyed it immensely. The combat was at least a little more interesting and the gameplay doesn't quite suffer as much as it did in the third.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• kinky_mong 23 Jan 2014 14:46:46 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm finding it a massive step down from the first so far, hopefully it gets much better.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Page

of 237 First / Last