What are you currently playing? Page 216

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• Reacher 9 Nov 2013 19:49:45 542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BloodMountain88 wrote:
    Tomb Raider 2013.

Bought this earlier this week as a part of Asda's 2 for 25 offer. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Really enjoying the setting - this is by far the best part of the game so far. All the levels I've played so far have excellent level design and are a joy to explore. The combat is also much improved from the older games, and although it reminds me of Uncharted at times, I like the fact that stealth is actually an option in combat, which wasn't really the case in the Uncharted games. I'm enjoying trying to collect all the items as well - they seem to actually serve the purpose of fleshing out the story and game world.

Minor complaints would be that there's a few too many QTE's for my liking, and I'm not overly keen on the new voice actress for Lara either.

I've also completed the first optional tomb, and it was ridiculously easy. I hope they get more challenging later on, but based on the reviews, I'm not expecting this to be the case. It seems strange that in a game called 'Tomb Raider' that the developers seem to have spent the least time working on the tomb-raiding aspect of the game.

Overall though the game is really good, and based on what I've played so far, I'd highly recommend it.
    It's a really good game if you can get over the QTE's and don't mind the shitty half effort at dungeons. I really enjoyed it.
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Nov 2013 22:54:47 4,700 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Didn't like it, myself.

... it is an Uncharted game for the Xbox crowd, and not a very good one at that.
  • RedSparrows 9 Nov 2013 22:56:03 20,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud surely it's an Uncharted for anyone?
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Nov 2013 22:58:54 4,700 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, no because Uncharted is a billion times better and Tomb Raider is a pale imitation of the game that is as close as the Xbox crowd can possibly come to Uncharted, which it isn't ... if that kind of makes sense?

I hope to Batman and Robin tears that the next Tomb Raider is actually a Tomb Raider game.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Nov 2013 23:47:44 8,751 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Further into Ni No Kuni, the Skyward Sword style handholding is annoying but it's lovely and I'm getting the battle system now.
    I just beat Gladiataur in the Golden Grove

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• -cerberus- 10 Nov 2013 00:38:29 2,101 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got Resident Evil 2 & Resident Evil 3 during last week's Halloween sale on PSN. Surprised to see the NTSC Dual Shock Edition of RE2 on the European store. I'm not complaining though, as it's arguably the best version of the game! Since I play these games quite often, I figured it was time to buy the digital versions and safely keep my original PS1 copies inside their original retail boxes from now on. Anyway, I'm playing them both on PSP at night and having a blast. Old school survival horror is the best :)

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• CharlieStCloud 10 Nov 2013 08:42:02 4,700 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @-cerberus-

Oh!

... please tell me the DualShock edition of Resident Evil 2 is still on there?

I have always wanted to blast through that, clunky controls or not.
  • -cerberus- 10 Nov 2013 09:05:29 2,101 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud Why yes it is :) Enjoy! EDIT: It's not on sale though, but still worth getting.

Edited by -cerberus- at 09:11:57 10-11-2013

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Deleted user 10 November 2013 09:20:52
    Tomb raider > uncharted.
  • King_Edward 10 Nov 2013 09:25:38 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Original Tomb Raider >>> Uncharted >>>>>> Tomb Raider 2013.
  • Trafford 10 Nov 2013 09:27:12 5,275 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought them also in the sale. Played briefly but couldn't really get to grips with the controls, only ever played them once back in the day. I want to get to the speed run level of playing.
    I need to knuckle down I guess.

@Charlie & Cerebus

Edited by Trafford at 09:29:29 10-11-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Nov 2013 09:30:02 4,700 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Choppi

If you mean the original one on the SEGA Saturn or PSone, then yes, I suppose so.

... if however you mean the one that was released earlier this year then there's only one thing a collective crowd of people would do:

LOL!
  • Deleted user 10 November 2013 09:34:42
    @CharlieStCloud I played tr first and uncharted recently. Tr had more character to me, I cared about Lara and that led to more interesting game. Uncharted felt like a dumb action movie. Ps I've only played uncharted 3. Uncharted is great but tr was better.
  • Arrr9 10 Nov 2013 14:19:50 398 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After trying Legend of Grimrock for a third time it's finally clicked with me and it's bloody great. Never really played Dungeon Master or any games of that kind of ilk before so it's not even any kind of nostalgia weaving it's web.

Such a good atmosphere and it weirdly reminds me of Fighting Fantasy books.
  • TechnoHippy 10 Nov 2013 15:59:10 14,642 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm currently playing through Diablo III, it's fun so far.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• coomber 11 Nov 2013 17:18:53 308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Choppi Ahh, well if you've only played the third Uncharted game, you have started off with by far the worst.

Anyway, currently playing Dead Space 3 here. It is bloody good. The odd graphical glitch, and it doesn't quite have the magic of the first game, but still a great game.
  • Widge Moderator 11 Nov 2013 17:19:51 12,608 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Skyreeeem

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 11 Nov 2013 17:20:24 12,608 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RE: Tomb Raider.

Never liked it from the beginning. Much preferred Soul Reaver.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Rhaegyr 11 Nov 2013 17:24:15 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    RE: Tomb Raider.

Never liked it from the beginning. Much preferred Soul Reaver.
    For sure.

Did SR2 bomb at retail or something? I'm genuinely surprised there's not been another proper SR game since that instalment.

The opening scene in the first game where Raziel gets his wings torn off is probably my favourite FMV ever - pretty good game that came after it, too :)
  • King_Edward 11 Nov 2013 17:26:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rhaegyr

Did you play Defiance? Pretty good reason there hadn't been another one.
  • FogHeart 11 Nov 2013 17:26:57 911 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I found out that I can use my Wii itself to rip the game discs to an ISO and copy them to my own PC, no need to visit scuzzy websites for downloads and no illegal activity whatsoever. I'm using Dolphin to play No More Heroes Desperate Struggle rendered in 1080p. Not upscaled, rendered. Yay.

I want more games with Travis Touchdown, he somehow manages to be a total idiot and very cool at the same time.

Edited by FogHeart at 17:27:37 11-11-2013
  • Rhaegyr 11 Nov 2013 17:38:06 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @King_Edward

Sadly not, though looking at reviews/gameplay just now it looks like I didn't miss much. That bad, eh?

Raziel/Kain are great characters - it's a shame they've been left behind this generation, especially considering how popular vampires are atm.
  • King_Edward 11 Nov 2013 17:42:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rhaegyr

Oh I loved Defiance. Big spoiler though. They killed off Raziel
  • whatfruit 11 Nov 2013 17:42:32 1,080 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Currently have three games on the go.

Super Mario World - Have been playing this on the train to work emulated on the old PSP. Getting very frustrated with dying and having to contnue from last save point but have now reached the 6th world, am determined to see it through since I never finished it as a wee nipper. Has brought me to the conclusion that we really are spoilt in modern games.

Mark of The Ninja - Started this on sunday. very impressed with it although I did find the controls to be lacking in heft at first, have perserved. Has scrated at the itch of beautifully choregraphed murder that Hotline Miami has left on my heart.

Fez - pretty much painless gaming. Love everything about it from the cute music to the fat chunky graphics. If Phil Fish does never come back to games devlopment then I only see it as great loss for the industry.

Edited by whatfruit at 17:44:01 11-11-2013
  • Deleted user 11 November 2013 17:58:00
    @whatfruit In what way does it make you think we're spoilt in modern games? Does SNES9x on the PSP not have a save state option, or do you just not want to cheat?
  • Rhaegyr 11 Nov 2013 18:07:49 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @King_Edward

:eek:

Wish I'd given the game a chance before scrolling over the spoiler!
  • Gunzberg 11 Nov 2013 18:18:16 930 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Super Mario Galaxy 2

All the waggling of the Wii remote is hurting my wrist. Reminds me why I hate the motion control era of video games.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• whatfruit 12 Nov 2013 11:43:19 1,080 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @rumblesushi I don't want to cheat as I said i'm trying to complete it as if I was playing it as a young whippersnapper. It is really disheartning when you lose 40 minutes plus of progress when you get stuck in a ghost house, miss time a jump, or forget that you are going to be savaged by a mole as it bursts through a wall as you go past.

Kids today have got it easy.

Edited by whatfruit at 11:46:21 12-11-2013
  • BeardedGamerUK 12 Nov 2013 13:38:09 1,004 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Have started Yakuza 3. Haven't played it long enough to form a proper opinion of it yet, but I do like what I've seen of it so far :)
  • misterm84 12 Nov 2013 13:45:33 71 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Battlefield 4 PC, having a hard time as I'm terrible at Battlefield games and don't get much time to play. It's fun and purdy though.

Disgaea 2 PSVita (PSP), wanted an SRPG fix and I remembered playing the first to death on the PS2. I ignore the story because I don't really like anime type stuff...I just wanted an insanely deep SRPG on the go.

Someone suggested Tactics Ogre PSP, never played a TO myself...if I enjoy Disgaea, will I enjoy TO?
  • Page

of 238 First / Last