What are you currently playing? Page 210

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• santashi 4 Oct 2013 20:20:18 4,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    On the Vita I've been playing Sweet Fuse (think I have three routes left). Funny and dramatic with some good twists. Loses some points with me for the 'but I'm old enough to be your father' bit, but the characters are generally pretty likeable. I look forward to seeing the villain's specific motive in the end.

Been playing the Etrian Odyssey Untold demo on the 3DS too. Feels weird having actual characters and people yelling things in the field and in battle, but in an interesting rather than bad way. Although I'd rather not be told when I'm near a shortcut... The animation clips are good quality, too, and it's nice to see the original story augmented.

Edited by santashi at 20:21:00 04-10-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• DrStrangelove 9 Oct 2013 01:13:19 2,550 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Borderlands 2.

Just when I thought I couldn't find fun in any games anymore, I started this again and it's fucking awesome. Playing as Mechromancer.

Best money Sega ever invested.
  • BeardedGamerUK 9 Oct 2013 03:59:15 997 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    The last two days I've been playing Borderlands. Totally lose track of time while playing, and like everything about it so far. Good fun :)
  • Cosmopolitan 9 Oct 2013 08:53:06 1,891 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As luck would have it, I've been also immersed in Borderlands (PC) these days. I made a silly decision by starting with the second one.
    Then after finishing it, I decided it was time for the original and found it rather.. basic at certain parts. Took me a while to get used to it, but all is well now. It's not a tiny bit less addictive than its successor.
    Also starting Monster Huunter Freedom Unite (PSP/Vita) and almost done with Killzone Mercenary (Vita).

"Best money Sega ever invested."
    Eh?

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 08:53:59 09-10-2013

The Master of Unlocking.

• DUFFMAN5 9 Oct 2013 09:53:10 13,804 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mainly nowt, but I'm just this very minute going to play Risen2 again, or at least continue my save game. Should be fun I have not played for best part of a year! I'm around 50% in I think.

Also toying with Gears and GTAO

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Gunzberg 9 Oct 2013 09:58:16 925 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why am I still playing DOTA 2 instead of clearing my backlog.

Lord knows those 218 hours spent with it would have totally cleared my backlog....

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• repairmanjack 9 Oct 2013 11:12:39 5,956 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have shelved GTA V to play copious amounts of Payday 2 on 360. Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me either. Dipping in and out of online co-op to play some solo stuff - which only really becomes viable after you've sunk some time into the skill trees.

I'm actually hoping that the first game's heists become available as dlc (and that we get some of the patches which have developed the PC version). This and Defiance are looking like my most played games of the year so far.

Don't take that as a barometer of quality though.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2013 12:07:56
    Doom 3 BFG (360).

Doom 3 is what, nine years old? Haven't played it since the year of it's release but been wanting this edition since it came out last year. Finally caved in and bought it. Very glad I did. It's aged fantastically and I'm having as much fun as I did way back when. Trites still freak me out when they come swarming out of every darkened crevice. Few low res textures, the sprayed blood looks pretty poor but overall the game looks tasty. Also, the 3D is pretty much unplayable, not that I'm too bothered.

One thing though. Shoulder mounted flashlight can fuck off. I LIKED the torch or gun mechanic damnit.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 12:08:15 10-10-2013
  • BeardedGamerUK 10 Oct 2013 12:10:59 997 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I also played Doom 3 BFG on the 360 the other week and had great fun playing it :) It's a very good game and has aged well game play wise.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2013 16:42:18
    It really is still a great game. It'll always have a little demonic place in my heart.
  • TechnoHippy 12 Oct 2013 19:53:35 14,637 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've just started Bioshock: Infinite and I have to say the beginning is a work of art.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Punctum 12 Oct 2013 21:58:10 846 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @TechnoHippy

Just restarted this myself and enjoying it even more the second time around. Stunning game.

Enjoying focusing solely on vigours this time too, maxing out the salts bar and tormenting with shock jockey and ravens combo.

I can't think of many better games this generation.
  • BeardedGamerUK 12 Oct 2013 22:32:33 997 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Picked up Bioshock Infinite recently, should start playing it really :)
  • MrFlay 12 Oct 2013 23:05:53 342 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm playing Wind Waker on Wii U. Great game made better by HD and Miiverse integration. Also the Swift Sail is a godsend.
  • Trafford 13 Oct 2013 09:58:10 5,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not much really. I am enjoying the odd game of The Last Guy. Stuck on the London level, but that's okay. The round starts outside Buckingham Palace, so I like imagining the line is headed up by the royals as the train snakes its was around the capitals landmarks.
    The screams of the crowd and TheLastGuy himself are really comical. The soundtrack reminds me of the classic electro tune Popcorn.
    I know it's not based on proper map data, but the layout and zoom really buffs my cartography fetish.
  • gelf 13 Oct 2013 11:15:08 184 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Playing Darksiders at the moment. Seems decent so far but I have heard its a long padded game and not sure the gameplay could stand up for a huge length of time without getting tiresome, but we shall see.

Also playing Noitu Love 2 which is just joyful. I was sceptical about Mouse control in a platformer but it works wonderfully. I do wish there was a dpad in my left hand instead of the keyboard though. Love the music and the bosses too.
  • BloodMountain88 13 Oct 2013 12:12:54 128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dishonored GOTY Edition. Playing through the main story at the moment.
  • King_Edward 13 Oct 2013 12:43:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ico. It's lost nothing with age.
  • ardamillo 13 Oct 2013 13:21:20 510 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skulls of the Shogun. A great XBLA strategy game with less than 20K people on the leaderboard :(
  • -cerberus- 13 Oct 2013 13:59:22 2,093 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Playing Outland & LIMBO again, PSN versions this time. GREAT games, especially Outland! :)

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 14:26:44 3,540 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @-cerberus-

I bought Outland last year and got distracted by an avalanche of other titles (what an amazing complaint to have, it must be said!), must get to it soon :D
  • Kokapetl 13 Oct 2013 21:19:19 865 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tomb Raider (2013)PC - I'm definitely enjoying it but it does feel a little too Uncharted influenced. Although, the old TR games had their combat it always played second fiddle to the actual exploration which was oh so glorious. This is the complete opposite, combat seems to be the main focus which is a disappointment considering they've created such a beautiful, lush environment. I'm about halfway through and although I'm getting a little bored with enter area, kill [insert number of] enemies, traverse new environment, rinse, repeat, I'm pretty certain I'll finish it because god damn it's beautiful.

Pokemon Y 3DS - Picked this up on a whim yesterday. I've struggled to get in to the last few Pokémon releases. It just felt old and tired but I saw the new visual style of this one and hoped for the best. I'm happy to say, I'm hooked again. Its still pretty much the same game its always been but the new perspective and style have really helped to revitalize my interest. I'm about 5 hours in and I've picked up my first badge and have six level 20ish Pokémon. Seems to drink the battery life of my 3DS though. Glad I picked it up.

Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - Kokapetl
    3DS - 0903-2865-7239 - Face

• drhcnip 13 Oct 2013 22:59:12 2,265 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @gelf

darksiders isnt too bad for paddedness...its ds2 that suffers from bloatedness....jeez, i was bored by the end.....
  • Deleted user 15 October 2013 19:54:47
    Playing Biokshock Infinite too.

Looks so pretty. Gameplay is pretty solid, and the story and themes are certainly so. Whilst Columbia looks really beautiful, the world isn't immersing me as much as rapture. Still its solid and a lot of fun.
  • hypoBla5t 15 Oct 2013 20:34:57 1,264 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished GTAV so I'm indulging in some Pokémon X and have The Last of Us waiting to be started at the weekend. Good times.
  • BeardedGamerUK 15 Oct 2013 20:43:59 997 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Finished Borderlands early this morning, and plan on attempting all the DLC soon :) Finished Black Ops 2 this afternoon which was good fun, but the less said about the plot the better :D
  • -cerberus- 15 Oct 2013 20:59:22 2,093 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Goodfella wrote: Outland was great...until I got to the final boss. I consider myself pretty adept at games (Dark Souls veteran, etc) but that boss pissed me off no end. Never finished the game.
    It's definitely a tough game but the trick with the final boss is to use all of your special abilities at the right time and to gather all Mark of the Gods. All 42 will get you the Sword of the Gods, which doubles the damage. Don't give up on this game, mate. It's well worth the trouble!

---

Finished the ps3 version of LIMBO just a few hours ago. Definitely a great game but that special bonus room in the dark was an absolute pain to get through. Still, had a good time. Love this game :)
    Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut is up for tomorrow. As is Velvet Assassin (yeah yeah, it's a guilty pleasure, I just like the game's bleakness), that is unless Dishonoured's GOTY edition lands in my mailbox :cool:

Edited by -cerberus- at 21:05:34 15-10-2013

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Kanjin 15 Oct 2013 22:03:27 960 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spacebase - the DoubleFine alpha thingie.

It's quite charming but there's not much to do at the moment. However did manage to get one crew member killed by a puppeteer parasite which may have come in with a new recruit.. Gave up when I accidentally started getting my residence area demolished and couldn't figure out how to stop it.
  • danathjo 15 Oct 2013 22:08:21 6,909 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jetpack joyride on my vita
    third system I've started it on (phone, PS3, vita) and definitely the best version, just so addictive!

great to play on mute when listening to a podcast while commuting too...and free
  • Page

of 237 First / Last