What are you currently playing? Page 204

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• drhcnip 21 Aug 2013 23:06:57 2,265 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    pootling through operation raccoon city, which is not as bad as i expected....
  • coomber 21 Aug 2013 23:16:44 308 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Only bought this because Amazon seem to need a month to deliver Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen. Can't say I'm impressed (with Metal Gear or the lazy fuckers at Amazon).

The camera is a joke. How you are supposed to make out anything is beyond me when the camera zips around with a mind of its own.

Some of the boss fights are ridiculously frustrating, mainly because controls (the parry technique in particular) are never really explained properly. I had to look up advice online to learn how to block properly, which is the only way to beat one boss. And just to stick two fingers up at me, when I reloaded my save immediately before the fight in question, it wiped all the items I had collected, just to make it ten times harder.

It's OK, but it's just Devil May Cry (which I hated) with Metal Gear Solid branding.
  • Nitrous 21 Aug 2013 23:18:33 239 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Switching between Moto GP 2013 and Resident Evil 4 HD on the PS3 whilst trying to decide if I can be bothered to continue playing Dead Rising 2 Case Zero on the 360...

Come the 17th September I'll be playing nothing but GTA5.
  • joeymoto108 21 Aug 2013 23:20:55 617 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New Super Mario Bros: U

Currently playing through this thanks to a trade with Ashleyfiddes. It's a bit bloody good... much better than I was expecting actually. The level design is top notch; the game keeps throwing in new twists into every level to keep things fresh, I'm amazed at how many clever gameplay ideas they've thrown in.
    The graphics are solid, very smooth gameplay and best of all... I can play it on the gamepad screen while lying in bed :D

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• FatsoJetson 22 Aug 2013 00:58:45 302 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    Gone back to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen after a short break, currently in the Everfall preparing to start Bitterblack Isle.

Also started Okami HD this week. I can see what people mean about the tedious first hour. I love the charm of it but not sure the gameplay will hold up for me for the whole duration unless I play it in bursts, as I read it's a long game.
    I've been playing Okami off and on for a few months. Done about 22 hours on it and am now into the final third ( according to Internet guides). It is long but it is split into three nicely delineated chunks that you can play in between other games, or so I've found.

I'm currently playing Just Cause 2 - have been for about two years. There really is a lot of content in that game.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Aug 2013 07:11:55 8,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Dishonoured.
    So far, so average. The combat is so-so, but stabbing people in the throat is delightful. The graphics are fucking abysmal, to the point where my wife asked if I was playing a PS2 game. Early on in this gen's life cycle I would have praised this game to the hilt, but it feels quite stale and dated compared to what's gone before it.

I suppose it feels like a poor man's Thief. I'll stick with it to see if it improves, but it's 6.5/10 material so far.
    WTF?
    How on earth does it look like a PS2 game?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 22 Aug 2013 08:30:03 8,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Dishonoured.
    So far, so average. The combat is so-so, but stabbing people in the throat is delightful. The graphics are fucking abysmal, to the point where my wife asked if I was playing a PS2 game. Early on in this gen's life cycle I would have praised this game to the hilt, but it feels quite stale and dated compared to what's gone before it.

I suppose it feels like a poor man's Thief. I'll stick with it to see if it improves, but it's 6.5/10 material so far.
    WTF?
    I know, right? It clearly looks like a PS1 game! She watched me playing it just as I was inspecting some some objects: a pile of leaves that looked nothing more than an orange smudge. And the rats are laughably bad - they look like they're straight out of the original Deus Ex.

Fugly game.
    PS1 Game

• Deleted user 22 August 2013 08:35:02
    Post deleted
  • Syrette 22 Aug 2013 08:43:43 41,802 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition (ps3); finishing Bioshock 2's fucking tedious Protector Trials... But hey, at least there's a handful of silver trophies to earn and a nice little bonus Tonic for use during Minerva's Den, which I will be playing immediately afterwards.
    If they're that tedious why are you playing them? For trophies?

• Armoured_Bear 22 Aug 2013 08:47:51 8,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm having a great time with Pikmin 3, it's gorgeous and a joy to play.
    It must have at least a ton of Nintendo magical fairy dust sprinkled over it.
    At least.

• Armoured_Bear 22 Aug 2013 08:48:34 8,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

Meeeeeeh. Why is that man wearing a bra on his face? Or is he meant to be a tit? I can't tell because of the hideous graphics.
    It's not a man, it's your mother wearing her Sunday Best.

• Deleted user 22 August 2013 08:49:20
    Ah, mum jokes. Brilliant.
  • andytheadequate 22 Aug 2013 08:55:26 7,952 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dishonoured on the pc looked fine, not sure about console version though. It starts off boring but after an hour or so it picks up considerably
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Aug 2013 08:56:10 3,537 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    coomber wrote:
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Some of the boss fights are ridiculously frustrating, mainly because controls (the parry technique in particular) are never really explained properly. I had to look up advice online to learn how to block properly, which is the only way to beat one boss.
    Huh? It's push left stick towards the direction of the incoming attack plus (if I remember) square/X. This was explained in the first five minutes of gameplay if I recall.
  • Mola_Ram 22 Aug 2013 09:13:51 6,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dishonoured does look fairly fugly, but you get used to it. The art direction is lovely too.

It's the best Thief game since Thief 2.
  • -cerberus- 22 Aug 2013 11:01:35 2,082 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrette wrote: If they're that tedious why are you playing them? For trophies?
    Mainly to get the Master Protector bonus tonic.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• coomber 22 Aug 2013 18:29:43 308 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck For certain attacks. But for some you push up, despite the attack not coming from above.
  • bobdebob 22 Aug 2013 18:53:17 520 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @coomber
    There's an offensive dodge you can buy in the shop which might help and parrying at the last moment will give you an auto-parry.

But the camera will screw you over at some point.
  • -cerberus- 22 Aug 2013 22:00:26 2,082 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought Sine Mora for PS3. Shmups usually are too hectic for my liking but this one's fabulous!

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• DrStrangelove 22 Aug 2013 23:52:41 2,538 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Dishonoured.

WTF?
    I know, right? It clearly looks like a PS1 game! She watched me playing it just as I was inspecting some some objects: a pile of leaves that looked nothing more than an orange smudge. And the rats are laughably bad - they look like they're straight out of the original Deus Ex.

Fugly game.
    PS1 Game

What is that? Looks like a SNES game
  • coomber 23 Aug 2013 07:53:07 308 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bobdebob Sounds like I need to give that a try, thanks for the tip. Dragon's Dogma has finally arrived though so I think I will give Metal Gear a rest, for the sake of my sanity!
  • Zizoo 23 Aug 2013 08:42:23 7,704 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Graveland wrote:

PS1 Game

What is that? Looks like a SNES game
    Is that Retro City Rampage?
  • FuzzyDuck 23 Aug 2013 08:45:37 3,537 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @coomber

Hmm, I don't remember anything like that, but there ya go, there's plenty of games that I found to have a fiddly control scheme.

It does have its quirks and isn't for everyone, so enjoy Dragon's Dogma instead! :D
  • drhcnip 24 Aug 2013 00:10:58 2,265 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    res revelations on ps3

after the bloat of 6 and the bland of orc, this is feeling a hell of a lot more like proper resi...
  • bad09 24 Aug 2013 08:39:09 5,504 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Battlefield 3

Surprisingly fun manshooty bang bang, even if clumsily set up through a web browser. I was fairly bored of the shooting manly men with manly guns stuff and been ignoring a lot of it but had a laugh playing with vehicles and face shooting, having lots of fun with this.

Also if I fancy all their rip off DLC the 5 dolla I paid for all these games won't sting so much. Thank you humble bundle! :)

Edited by bad09 at 08:40:01 24-08-2013
  • Mola_Ram 24 Aug 2013 08:50:46 6,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am playing... something.

I have the choice between one of the Metro games, STALKER, or continuing on Bioshock Infinite.
  • Waffleaber 24 Aug 2013 10:25:33 309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Awesomenauts on PC.

Grabbed this in an Humble Bundle some time back and it's fantastic. Perfect MOBA lite for me as the roster is smaller and more manageable and games last about 20 minutes. There's an expansion on the way too.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last