What are you currently playing? Page 201

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• hypoBla5t 18 Jul 2013 08:09:43 1,267 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Randomly started playing Comix Zone for the first time ever last night on the Mega Drive Collection for Vita. What a sweet game. So stylish.
  • King_Edward 18 Jul 2013 09:45:17 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @hypoBla5t

OH YEAH!
  • Syrette 20 Jul 2013 22:37:05 41,889 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I'm currently playing that game known as Fuck All.

And I'll be playing Fuck All till around August 23rd, when some geniuses decided to release three major new titles from three very significant franchises (XCOM, Splinter Cell and Saints Row), all on the same day.

/golf clap

• Ashleyfiddes 20 Jul 2013 22:40:26 980 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I started ni no kuni wrath of the white witch today, I have realised that this may have been a bad idea as I am meant to be studying for my cima exam on Wednesday but ended up spending three hours on the game
  • Deleted user 24 July 2013 10:11:36
    Blops 2.

Getting addicted to Cod multiplayer again. The maps are quite big again which is a bonus.
  • Deleted user 24 July 2013 11:13:35
    Batman Arkham Asylum

Thought i start a new playthrough. My last save file was way back in 2009, so been a good 4 years since i last played this.

And it is such a good game, really is. Holds up still as well. Combat is terrific, the hub world is great, the metroidvania gameplay is nailed to a tee, and i just love this game.

Got myself to the mansion, and the game is starting to open up. I didn't really get on with city, but i think on a second playthrough i might actually now enjoy it. The game is quite linear to a degree, and its very controlled, but it puts you in a nice rhythm.

Also interest to see what the origins vita game turns out like, the scarecrow bits are awesome, and i think the game might be a bit like that.
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Jul 2013 11:19:59 8,749 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm still playing and loving The Last of Us, I'm taking a while due to it being summer and I'm guessing that I must be 3/4 of the way through or so but who knows.
    Once that finishes I have Dark Souls to go back to, Nier No Kuni to properly get stuck into as well as Pikmin 3 and a loads of 3DS stuff.
    I'm sorted for the year really.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Nitrous 24 Jul 2013 11:54:06 244 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @hypoBla5t

CYA! Brilliant game, I remember my mum buying it for me in GAME despite the lad trying to sell us something called JamesPond. Did I miss out there?

BTW: I never managed to complete Comix Zone so good luck with that ;)

At the moment I've just started to play The Last Of Us... Amazing game, really going to enjoy this.
  • quadfather 24 Jul 2013 11:55:38 10,549 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bout 45% through the last of us, then I really must get back into dragon's dogma

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Zomoniac 24 Jul 2013 12:00:23 7,402 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've forgotten about the existence of all games that aren't Animal Crossing. Or rather, all things that aren't Animal Crossing.
  • andytheadequate 24 Jul 2013 13:46:54 7,957 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been playing Ridge Racer Unbounded. It's surprisingly good fun, but the only problem is that you are required to perfect the drift events to unlock some of the later challenges. Although the drift mechanics work well, and they are surprisingly fun, I still haven't quite perfected it so I'm struggling to progress any further in the game (although I have passed around 85% of the races). I'm not too bothered about it as I only paid 3.74 in the steam sale and have easily had my money's worth, but for anyone who paid more it could be pretty frustrating.

I've also started Bully. Some flawed mechanics that give away its age, but a very interesting game so far. Don't think I've ever played anything quite like it, almost a mix between Persona and GTA.
  • StrikeForce 24 Jul 2013 13:53:27 56 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andytheadequate I had exactly the same experience with Unbounded - I was enjoying it to begin with, but the required points for unlocking new events got so high that I just lost interest. Repeating the same bland tracks over and over again to try and squeeze a slightly higher score got boring pretty quickly.
  • hypoBla5t 24 Jul 2013 14:48:14 1,267 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My current triad are:

The Walking Dead (Just about to start Episode 4)
    Kerbal Space Program (Achieved my first successful Mun landing yesterday... Shame the little fella has basically no chance of getting home again)
    Fire Emblem: Awakening (All kinds of awesome)

Mixing it up nicely. Next on the pile of games to play are:

Yakuza 4
    Catherine
    Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
    FTL
    God Hand
    Euro Truck Simulator 2
    Demigod

Can't wait.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 24 Jul 2013 15:05:49 6,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Red Dead Redemption on the ps3, made it past Mexico, where I got bored the first time around.

Really enjoying it, and the game is truly beautiful to look at.
  • ardamillo 24 Jul 2013 15:13:40 512 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Forza Horizon. I'm not all that interested in cars, but there's something about cruising around "Colorado" in a sweet ride that hits my bliss point. Each time I get a new car, I put it in cockpit view and just drive around for a while. My only complaint is the radio stations are pretty thin on content.
  • Humperfunk 24 Jul 2013 16:14:45 1,607 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Got miles further that I did with the original Dead Rising 2. Either way, incredible fun to play. Taking the ol' gaming quite casually though until Tales of Xillia so can see it lasting me til then quite easily.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• FatsoJetson 24 Jul 2013 16:52:17 302 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saints Row III and loving it.

Hadn't played any of the others as I snootily dismissed them as cheap, immature rip-offs of the GTA series. Which they are, of course, but they are also a hell of a lot of fun. I've already burst out laughing a dozen or so times in the first eight hours, just through the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

So thanks PS+ and the summer drought for giving me the incentive to try it out.

SRIV looks like it's even more OTT, which can only be a good thing, right?
  • Vortex808 25 Jul 2013 22:56:21 6,567 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A tiny bit of Borderlands 2 maybe once a week for an hour or two.

I should really be playing Metro last light, Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, but it's summer and I really can't be arsed.

It might just be tail-end of gen ennui though.
  • Madder-Max 25 Jul 2013 23:19:14 11,568 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Blops 2.

Getting addicted to Cod multiplayer again. The maps are quite big again which is a bonus.
    Same here. Experimenting with different loadouts and I am the 'scorestreak killer atm'. Lock on missile launcher and emp grenades. The 'nades take out all ground based scorestreaks and static lethals etc. Got the hardline perk and playing domination so enjoying the use of scorestreaks a lot now. I even bought the europe flags pack!!!!......

/is ashamed

/feels dirty

Oh, and PLOP is my clan tag and ots great seeing that on my prestiged gun on the kill cam, killing someone. Plop.

Edited by Madder-Max at 23:21:31 25-07-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• StrikeForce 26 Jul 2013 14:17:21 56 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished Castlestorm last night, fun little game while it lasted, maybe a bit too frantic in places.

Still slowly going through Metro Last Light as soon as the sun goes down each night.

Picked up the Ubisoft Triple pack with Outland/From Dust/Beyond Good & Evil HD for a mere 5 today. Will be playing that during the daylight hours this weekend. Not played any of them before but they all sound good. Any suggestions on which of the three to start with?
  • Deleted user 26 July 2013 15:11:30
    Hitman: Absolution

Loving it, including all the prolonged linear stealth sections. Solid game, looks fantastic, plays well, like the tone. About 1/3rd in I think. I've turned the instinct options off that show you guards and paths as I don't want that shit, apart from that I like the way it all works. Don't think I've killed anyone bar the targets and one poor schmuck I pulled out a window.
  • FuzzyDuck 27 Jul 2013 15:55:06 3,551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I pick up the original Race Driver: Grid earlier today in town (360 version) for the not-so-whopping sum of 3.

Bloody hell, I forgot how much fun throwing muscle cars around corners was. And the destruction debny races! Fun aplenty.

I must say that it looks remarkably good for a multiformat console game that's recently passed the 5 year mark.
  • Kanjin 27 Jul 2013 16:00:25 961 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That new Shadowrun game that's just come out. Tons of fun and even I do quite well in the fights so must be pretty easy for most people.
  • Bawsy74 29 Jul 2013 12:52:40 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mass Effect (Xbox 360)

Nearly finished it now.

Very dialog heavy to start with, some absolutely terrible framerate issues (especially during firefights), bad enemy AI during firefights, way too many elevators (I assume 'masking' loading), and on the few planets that you can actually land on outwith main missions, they are very VERY bland...

However, despite all of this, I am actually quite enjoying it, and I look forward to seeing if things actually improve in 2 & 3.

Edited by Bawsy74 at 12:53:01 29-07-2013
  • jabberwoky 30 Jul 2013 10:47:16 441 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just started Mass Effect 3, its very swish in the grapics and presentation Dept compared with 1 and 2.

Bit early to say anything else yet, except the fact you can't talk to your AIs on mission jars a bit, you could in Kotor. Also they look a bit artificial, and one of them was had a gun aimed at a wall from 2 foot away in case someone came through it.

Am I being a bit picky, probably.
  • -cerberus- 30 Jul 2013 10:52:11 2,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On my fourth playthrough of Machinarium (ps3), absolutely love it :)

Also playing EXIT 2 (PSP). Played the first game to death back in '06 but not much has changed in the sequel apart from new characters and the difficulty. It feels mmore like an expansion rather than a proper sequel where the controls or gameplay mechanics have been revised and improved. Still, I'm enjoying it!

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• vijay_UK 30 Jul 2013 10:56:34 1,679 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Starcraft 2 - HOTS

Annoying that none of my silver league matches never get to mid or end-game.

Borderlands 2

Fun as usual but currently stuck between a rock and hard place. Solo or co-op choice makes this great.

Civilization 5 - Brave New World

Not sure what the new expansion brings, I'm still early in the game though.

FTL

Can't get past sector 6 - I wonder how many there are? Great game but tough for me.
  • Gunzberg 30 Jul 2013 11:30:25 929 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Technically I should be working on my backlog which includes:

Company of Heroes 2 (Theater of War missions)
    Mario Kart Wii
    Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
    Zelda: Skyward Sword
    GRID 2
    Professor Layton and the last spectre

But actually I am too caught up in a little free to play game which suffers from auto-disconnects. Some of you might have herd of it, it's called DOTA 2

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• drhcnip 30 Jul 2013 21:37:45 2,268 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dead space 3

hmmm....

last thing it feels like atm is a dead space game...despite all the trappings of them....just feel like im going through the motions a little bit

perfectly passable...the best way ive found is to try and forget its a dead space game....
  • whatthefu 30 Jul 2013 22:47:27 823 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GRID 2

Wow, I'm surprised how much fun it is. Looks beautiful as well.
    Shame about the non-skippable american intro videos, but otherwise.
  • Page

of 238 First / Last