What are you currently playing? Page 200

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• DrStrangelove 6 Jul 2013 22:13:19 2,550 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nothing currently. Pretty fun, actually.
  • oceanmotion 9 Jul 2013 18:54:19 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought I would give Half Life 2 another playthrough before relegating it to history.

Hasn't aged well, people complain Halo CE had filler, this takes it to the extreme, so empty and goes on forever. Arguing you travel a distance to show vastness and how impacted the world is doesn't save it, there is nothing but filler.

Breaking crates is about the worst chore in HL2 other than killing head crabs. Game play is pretty mediocre.

I think it's a pretty poor game now. Even looking back, I can't think what I actually enjoyed about it.

Half way through Episode 1 now hoping for an improvement but nothing yet. Short from what I remember so Episode 2 not far off so will continue on so Half Life is out my system for HL3 in 2020.
  • L0cky 9 Jul 2013 19:02:33 1,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I played them through again last year. There's a lot of filler in HL2 but the episodes pick up a lot.

Currently playing Demons Souls. 5 hours in I was a hair's breath away from giving up and never playing it again; then I decided to go a different way and the whole game kinda clicked into place.

I could be addicted to this masochism for a very long time.
  • coomber 9 Jul 2013 19:30:44 308 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decided to take a very short break from Game Of Thrones so dipped into Resident Evil 6, playing the first 45 minutes of the Leon campaign.

I say playing it... but so far it seems to be cutscenes followed by QTE followed by walking forward to the next cutscene. When do you actually get to play the game?!
  • Gunzberg 9 Jul 2013 19:34:42 929 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just began Company of Heroes 2.

On the 3rd mission now and the old CoH magic is there.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• hypoBla5t 9 Jul 2013 20:19:28 1,265 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bit of a transition time for me.

Waxing:
    The Secret World

Still playing:
    Neverwinter Nights

Waning:
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Virtua Tennis 4
  • drhcnip 9 Jul 2013 21:31:50 2,266 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    have been playing: defiance, which is highly enjoyable but, as with mmos, is a dip in type of game

about to play, once it arrives: the walking dead (the good one)....at last....

currently downloading: final fantasy 14, having been sent a beta key by them...

all on ps3
  • Deleted user 10 July 2013 07:47:11
    Just finished The Night of the Rabbit.

Really enjoyable and although this tale is clearly over, it was left open for another to start if they so wish.

The story was pretty good and the puzzles weren't too illogical. Would recommend if people are interested.

Here's a trailer:

http://youtu.be/dtL1vxcm2zA

Really think Daedalic Entertainment are becoming a good studio for point & click adventure games. The Whispered World, Deponia, The New Beginning and so on are all decent titles.

Edited by SG59 at 07:51:24 10-07-2013
  • Bawsy74 10 Jul 2013 12:51:49 142 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phew - I'm not alone.

I agree that HL2 hasn't aged well. Wowed by it back in 2004 (especially the physics), but very very MEH when I played it again recently with the wee boy. Still enjoyed Ravenholm though!
  • jabberwoky 10 Jul 2013 14:08:48 441 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just began knights of the old republic xbox version on 360, there is some sound skipping at times but solid so far, except its in SD format, not widescreen.

Its so impressive a game, knocks mass effect into a corner, and I don't care about the inferior graphics. Most of this year I have spent playing old classics, a really good old game is better by far than a mediocre new one.
  • feeg86 10 Jul 2013 14:33:56 568 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @SolidSCB That's the one, yes! I snapped the surround sound control trying to do the first Sniper mission, this is frustrating but to a lesser extent.
    I can get up to the Tengus with relative ease but when I'm crouching, I still get shot by the gun Tengus who either stand behind the boxes or just offset from the sword Tengus. Haven't quite got the knack.

Then the final boss, being a smart arse, I watched a youtube video of a guy that's clearly had too much practice, shot the stinger and didn't understand why it hadn't hit, but it appears that they gimp the lock on mechanic just to make it harder. So after some confusion I just got clouted. and died.

Raged a lot.
  • oceanmotion 10 Jul 2013 19:29:14 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Half Life 2 Episode 1

Short, less bloat but doesn't bring much except more enemies at once. Alyx was handy for mopping up the enemies especially headcrabs. Overall a bit tighter but game play is still average.
  • Deleted user 10 July 2013 19:34:28
    Prey

It's so uninspiring and by the numbers I think I would have been bored even if I'd picked it up at launch all those years ago.

Few levels in. Might stick with it.

Also, crysis. It looks lovely but, well, it's alright. I'll see how this one goes as well.

Might just be getting Xbox fatigue though given how many hours I've ploughed into dark souls recently.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 10 Jul 2013 19:36:45 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Playing Red Dead Redemption. Really good tbh.
  • alexm 10 Jul 2013 20:13:35 178 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Motorstorm: Apocalyse

Really late to the party with this one but loving it. Perfect game after not really wanting to play anything after The Last of Us.

It's also converted me single-handedly to the potential of 3D in some games, I wouldn't consider playing this in 2D now. Bit of a shame Evolution Studies aren't making a Motorstorm launch title for the PS4 - perfect chance to show the hardware off and Driveclub isn't really grabbing me with it's how 'Gran Turismo lite' idea.
  • King_Edward 14 Jul 2013 12:54:33 11,454 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs

It's not bad. First GTA clone I've played with a proper combat system, which goes stone way toward making up for the not so interesting characters.
  • Humperfunk 14 Jul 2013 13:05:31 1,606 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team along with the continual dipping in to Animal Crossing on 3DS, lovely stuff.

Trying to finish Dead Rising 2: Off the Record before Tales of Xillia, have no free weekends now though until then, bah!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• DUFFMAN5 14 Jul 2013 13:08:10 13,812 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished FUSE yesterday (well gave up at last boss fight!)
    This weather is not good for gaming, I have no energy once the kids are in bed, but I might start something tonight. I have pulled my back, so not up to much over the next couple of days I feel.
    I could finish off Infamous 2, I think I must be just over 50% in or...
    Batman AC 3%in
    MGS3 HD (psn yesterday) total fav of the MGS's, excellent game, I last played upon release on the ps2
    SR2 (psn) already cleared on 360, but love the online modes.
    SR3, (psn) already cleared on 360
    BF3, not likely
    Viva Pinata TiP, have watched my daughter play the "free" mode for a few weeks now, looks fun and relaxing, but I would play the "campaign"
    BL2, only ever played for a few hours, I have all DLC

I know it will be none of the above ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RedSparrows 15 Jul 2013 22:06:36 20,756 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For some reason, Vexx on Dolphin.

It's a bit ugly now, was never original or brilliantly made, and was only above average at the time.

But I like it so far - I had it on Xbox for a bit, yonks back. I just climbed up the inside of a big tower - filled with traps and tight-rope walks. Horribly frustrating (Dolphin quicksaves used only if really fucked off), but a type of gaming I really missed during the PS3/360 generation.
  • JiveHound 15 Jul 2013 22:30:53 2,144 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Metroid Prime.

Wii controls feel nice after initially cumbersome but the first proper boss encounter with the wasps is really irritating.

Must persevere as I never got very far through it back on release.

Atmosphere and soundtrack are nice but the visor restricts the field of view a lot. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Edited by JiveHound at 22:31:26 15-07-2013

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Angry_Man_Dan 15 Jul 2013 22:53:55 162 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    PS3 -
    Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina & Hammerlock DLC's
    Hitman Absolution
    Metro Last Light
    God of War Ascension
    LittleBig Planet Karting (thanks to PS Plus)

3DS -
    Animal Crossing New Leaf (first AC, bewildered at how much there is in this game!)
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Should keep me going till GTA V - also, note to self to start finishing games before buying new ones!

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• Deleted user 15 July 2013 22:57:54
    Sound shapes (ps3)

Enjoying this. Nice platforming elements which are influenced by the music. Controls feels a bit weird, but something i would probably grow into.
  • rockavitch 15 Jul 2013 23:02:16 263 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trying to make it throigh Fallout New Vegas for the first time. Been at it almost 4 months and not even half way through due to the setting being so bland, empty and boring.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• oconnomiyaki 16 Jul 2013 04:48:01 245 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So I was thinking of getting rid of Skyrim, but then I went back to the start and made a new character. Usually I'm a plate-armour-wearing, big-sword-swinging, meat-axe of a character, but I made this one with the intention of playing it all sneaky, sneaky, stealthy, stealthy. Ended up doing the thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood quests as an archer most deadly and I've really been enjoying it.

I'll probably do the main quest with my meat-axe, but I'm gonna do all the side quest stuff with my new toon.

On the side, I'm also playing Rugby Challenge 2. :)
  • Nitrous 17 Jul 2013 08:48:22 241 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite (XBOX360) Wasn't interested when this was 1st released even though I've completed Bioshock1+2. Enjoying it so far and well worth the 20 I paid.
  • StrikeForce 17 Jul 2013 14:58:07 56 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CastleStorm until it get dark then Metro Last Light. Unfortunately that means that I'm only getting an hour or so of Metro in each night (it seems pretty good so far). Luckily, CastleStorm is excellent.
  • Mageme 17 Jul 2013 16:08:18 1,962 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Animal Crossing and Project X Zone. Both excellent fun!

Have Dynasty Warriors 8 in the post but unlikely I'll play it anytime soon because of the above two!

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Gunzberg 17 Jul 2013 16:54:59 929 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    StrongBade Episode 5
    Company of Heroes 2
    Far too much Planetside 2 as TR on Miller

Just started:
    Zelda: Skyward Sword (man i so prefer buttons to motion controls)

On hold for fear of consuming my life:
    Dragon's Dogma BBI
    Signing up for PSN+

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• crashVoodoo 17 Jul 2013 17:47:02 3,821 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Borderlands 2. Its amazing just how much I'm still playing this. This and GTA will see me thru until the next consoles arrive.

Running my mechromancer on the Tiny Tina DLC in TVHM, I've started a siren on PL1 which I'm really enjoying BTW and also a there is my soldier ploughing through UVHM

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Madder-Max 17 Jul 2013 19:56:36 11,567 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Domination and groundwar on Black ops 2. Experimenting with loadouts and following advice from an article I read always have a lock on missile launcher and emp grenades. I'm unlocking loads more scorestreaks now and after months of frustration, this game is becoming fun and addictive. It is all about knowing the maps u have to practice a tonne to understand them.

To chill out iam rolling an imperial female vampire in oblivion and have gotten to the gray fox thieves guild quests for the first time! Popping new cheevos!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Page

of 237 First / Last