What are you currently playing? Page 198

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Kanjin 23 Jun 2013 22:29:42 960 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Old Republic - Working my way through the Sith Warrior story.

The Sims Medieval - Just started it really, bumbling along, being a really, really bad king.
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2013 22:43:49 5,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Just started Shadow of the Colossus HD, a nice little gift courtesy of PS+ and it has just clicked for me. I was so close to giving up due to the fiddly controls but I 'got it' just in time, and thank god I did. Just finished off the 2nd Colossus and I'm absolutey loving it.
    Yeah thats a common issue, or complaint when playing SOTC, i was the same, but man, when its clicks. Got the urge to play it again soon actually.
    It is still rather fiddly, but a lot of the early bugbears I had were my own mistakes/misunderstanding the controls. The game should make things a bit more clear though, it does throw you right in at the deep end!

Can't wait to get back on this tomorrow. A perfect follow up to The Last of Us for me.
  • Trafford 24 Jun 2013 08:08:07 5,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SotC is a great game. My eldest son has just completed it, his little brother and myself watching his playthrough from the sofa.
  • BeheretiK 24 Jun 2013 08:25:15 858 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    3DS:
    Animal Crossing - Not much more to say than "What, where has the time gone? OK, just a few more minutes, need to get these flowers arranged. Then catch some sharks. Then... Argghhh"
    Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - The most pure fun and charming game I have played this year. Love it.
    Fire Emblem - I love the series and this is the most accomplished and perfect of the lot. And the 3D adds to it making it even better visually and just so satisfying to play.

PS3:
    Red Dead Redemption - Got a PS3 (for free yay!) from a mate so going to slowly work my way through some of the exclusive games and games not on PC. Like this one. Absolutely loving it. I love open world games and I love spaghetti westerns and this is just the perfect combination of both. Only done 10 hours or so thus far so not sure if it will continue to be this much fun, but hoping it does. And it plays a mean poker game. Almost a quarter of my playtime so far has been playing poker!

PC:
    Sins of a Solar Empire - Working my way through a large map game. Love the game and always thought the UI in particular is one of the best around. Another one to lose lots and lots of time with.

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 26 Jun 2013 18:15:02 2,370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kerbal Space Program. Addicted, seriously. Got it yesterday and spent 9pm till 2am on it, then on my last day off today i've been on it all day whilst the kids were at school. That's 12 hours in two days. And i'm itching to get the kids in bed and get on it to send another fuel tank up into orbit to get ready to construct my interplanetary spacecraft. 17 well spent. Bugger the sale.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Rhaegyr 26 Jun 2013 21:35:27 1,105 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BeheretiK wrote:

PC:
    Sins of a Solar Empire - Working my way through a large map game. Love the game and always thought the UI in particular is one of the best around. Another one to lose lots and lots of time with.
    Dying to play this one - hope it comes down in the Steam Sale.

Is there much micromanagement?
  • FrostPan 26 Jun 2013 22:13:22 72 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Fallout 3 (PC)

Played it a few years ago, but didn't clicked for me. Attempted again recently and I absolutely loving it. Can't believe how the world is so expansive.

I didn't get along with Oblivion, so this makes a nice change.
  • Vortex808 26 Jun 2013 22:53:59 6,551 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FrostPan wrote:
    Fallout 3 (PC)

Played it a few years ago, but didn't clicked for me. Attempted again recently and I absolutely loving it. Can't believe how the world is so expansive.

I didn't get along with Oblivion, so this makes a nice change.
    It's still one of my favourite games in recent years. I got all the dlc too, although a couple were a bit ropey. I hope you enjoy exploring the wasteland as much as I did.

New Vegas was a lot of fun, but just didn't sit so well with me for some reason. I think it was the factions element. I just wanted to do my own thing.
  • rockavitch 27 Jun 2013 00:01:33 263 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Last Of Us...

I'm not enjoying it for some reason I can't figure out. Currently just met bill and will look for car parts and it just hasn't clicked. Also a bit too easy even though I've started on hard.

Shall soldier on and see if it grows on me.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• FrostPan 27 Jun 2013 09:33:02 72 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:

I could never get into Fallout 3 despite trying a number of times. The game is just too depressing and dull for me to play. I know thats what its about but I don't like anything about it other than the VAT system.

Why hasn't anyone copied that VAT system yet I don't know.
    I like the post apocalyptic environment setting. Makes a nice change to the medieval-fantasy setting of Oblivion, which was the last Bethesda game I've played. Medieval-fantasy worlds are usually my thing, but Oblivion's world was incredibly dull for some reason. I'm guessing it's because how NPC's felt so empty and soulless. Heard it was improved in Skyrim, but am still skeptical.

I'm really enjoying using the real-time combat and VAT system transition.

Vortex808

It's still one of my favourite games in recent years. I got all the dlc too, although a couple were a bit ropey. I hope you enjoy exploring the wasteland as much as I did.

New Vegas was a lot of fun, but just didn't sit so well with me for some reason. I think it was the factions element. I just wanted to do my own thing.
    Within the few hours I have played, it's already becoming one of my favourite games. It's bloody great. I've got all the DLCs as well, but not sure when I'll get around to it, since the vanilla game will definitely keep me going for a while. Just exploring the wastelands alone is enthralling.
  • danathjo 27 Jun 2013 09:35:38 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm jealous, wish I could play it for the first time again. Still my number one game for this gen easily.
  • FuzzyDuck 27 Jun 2013 21:20:17 3,522 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BeheretiK

Rockstar sure have nailed the 'game within a game' concept!

I recall playing GTA San Andreas on launch day for about 8 hours; first 2 hours were just missions, the next hour was exploration that led to the discovery of the pool mini game in a pub. The next 5 hours were solid pool, pool and more pool!
  • Wolves1877 27 Jun 2013 22:29:39 383 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    53 hours into Animal crossing since release (June 14th)

• kentmonkey 27 Jun 2013 22:37:15 20,067 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dead Space 2. Fuck me it's brilliant and tense. Loving it. Started it this morning and just over halfway through I think.
  • Syrette 27 Jun 2013 23:12:37 41,792 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Wolves1877

How's the job search going mate?

• FrostPan 27 Jun 2013 23:59:37 72 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    danathjo wrote:
    I'm jealous, wish I could play it for the first time again. Still my number one game for this gen easily.
    Literally, there are many big titles I have missed during this current generation, which I'll probably post my experiences on playing them that people on here have had many years ago.

But yeah, haven't played a game this excellent for a very long while now.
  • Wolves1877 28 Jun 2013 08:29:20 383 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @Wolves1877

How's the job search going mate?
    Job search?

• Trafford 28 Jun 2013 09:10:20 5,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Coming into the final 20% of The Last of Us.
    Naughty Dog spinning some masterful twists yes, but the gameplay impact is annoying. I feel vulnerable again.
  • chrisno21 28 Jun 2013 12:37:46 1,350 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd like to say Animal Crossing, Kingdoms of Amalur, Luigi2 and Last of Us, but in reality it's all the Last of Us. That's all I'm playing and all I want to play.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Vortex808 28 Jun 2013 12:43:14 6,551 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm back to Skyrim just now. I can foresee a lot of late nights for the next while.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Jun 2013 12:54:57 13,795 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After The Last Of Us, back to Judgment, and part of me hates it for being that!
    ...fuckin' Gears curse to stop you playing other games.

I am playing Infamous 2 still, it has been nearly a year! that is the rouble with playing it only for an hour or so every two/three weeks.

I WILL start a new game this weekend, just don't know what.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 28 Jun 2013 12:57:38 6,551 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

You should flip a coin, or get the kids to pick one for you.

I tend to imagine there being a *huge* pile of new and swapped games in your house mate!
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Jun 2013 13:05:44 13,795 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

I tend to imagine there being a *huge* pile of new and swapped games in your house mate!
    Hi mate :)
    You are right

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Raiko101 28 Jun 2013 16:15:21 5,519 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Wolves1877 I think he's comenting on the fact you've put roughly 5 hours in every day since it's release! :eek:

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• werewolf_poo 29 Jun 2013 21:36:30 127 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid on my Vita. Still one of my favourite ever games.

3.79 is a bloody bargain.
  • unicorn69 29 Jun 2013 21:38:35 81 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just playing Far cry 3 civ 5 and some causal stuff
    wondering if i should by a gaming pc or ps4 :confused:

Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

• coomber 2 Jul 2013 14:30:00 308 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Game Of Thrones

Shame the developers were cursed with the usual lack of time/budget restrictions when putting this together as there is a fantastic RPG to be had here. You just have to be willing to ignore all the bugs and the terrible graphics, and the awful voice acting, and the wonky camera. With more money behind it, this game could have been something special and become as big a franchise as the books/TV show.
  • Deleted user 2 July 2013 23:40:59
    The Night of the Rabbit

A point and click adventure game that was only recently released. So far it's pretty good. The world, story and characters seem interesting enough. Shame really. The artwork in this game is great and so is the animation. You just know its going to be one of those games that get ignored by so many though...
  • BillMurray 3 Jul 2013 01:30:30 7,231 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 237 First / Last