What are you currently playing? Page 194

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Wolves1877 31 May 2013 11:54:46 383 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 on WiiU, I am hooked.

• Armoured_Bear 31 May 2013 22:50:22 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dark Souls (PC) - Early on, at Firelink Shrine, anjoying it but the difficulty is tough
    Ni no Kuni (PS3) - Only 2 hours in but adore it so far, amazingly charming and amazing production values.
    Bioshock Inifinite (PC) - Struggling with Motion SIckness and SHootyshooty but loving the world and Lizzie
    Mirror's Edge (PC) - I never finished it on PS3 and it looks amazing on PC, a shame not to try again.
    NSMB Wii U (Wii U) - Dipping in and out and really enjoying it.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 31 May 2013 22:54:22
    Dark Souls

I've been a right games slag of late, dipping in and out of some old classics and Red Dead Redemption. This was on sale on XBL and I have wanting wanting it for AGES. Finally caved in and bought it once my brother emailed me to say he's done the same (I'm weak like that). Just done the tutorial and I can tell it's going to be nails but I'm psyching myself up for it. The good thing is is that my extended sessions on Blood and Shadow Warrior this week have toughened me up again. Honestly, I though I was getting better at games as I was getting older but it's the games that are getting easier! No holding of the hands in the late 90's and Dark Souls seems to have the same mentality.

Bring it on. (whimper)
  • oconnomiyaki 1 Jun 2013 01:32:51 245 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kingdoms of Amalur. I'm really enjoying it. Feels like Fable meets Skyrim, and there is a lot here to enjoy. In fact, I'm probably enjoying it more than either of those two. Hope it stays this fun.
  • Syrette 1 Jun 2013 01:34:24 41,801 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Ni no Kuni (PS3) - Only 2 hours in but adore it so far, amazingly charming and amazing production values.
    Shame 1 and a half hours of those 2 hours are spent reading text dialogue.

• SFD 1 Jun 2013 01:45:44 466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Grid 2

Had a couple of hours on it earlier and enjoyed it a fair bit. The handling is excellent.
  • Anthony_UK 1 Jun 2013 02:07:17 2,388 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Defiance

Still playing this, I've never been a PC gamer so I've never touched an MMO before and from what friends have told me, this is very much a MMO lite. Either way, despite the various issues and bug's i'm loving it. I just find it so much fun to play, just doing things at my own pace, even just exploring the world and helping out random people in there skirmishes and quests, whole afternoon's have flown by playing this game.

I won't even attempt a full fat MMO for fear of my social life getting swallowed whole after this!

Edited by Anthony_UK at 02:08:03 01-06-2013
  • dsmx 1 Jun 2013 02:18:35 7,412 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Half life 2 is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Its one for the internet nerds.
    In what sense? It had a decent story, was a significant improvement / update on HL1 and was significantly better than anything else out at the time. Considering the technology and everything has come along in leaps and bounds since then it still holds up pretty well, too!
    You know what looking back at what was released back in 2004 when HL2 was released to give a sense of perspective on what else was on the market, fuck me that was a good year for games. For those interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_in_video_gaming

Edited by dsmx at 02:19:46 01-06-2013

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ardamillo 1 Jun 2013 05:48:43 506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hotline Miami (Mac) - really struggling to like this one. It's sort of hypnotic, great soundtrack, but the controls are killing it for me. Not sure if they're deliberately bad or I'm just rubbish.

Split Second (360) - my kind of racing game. I hope arcade racers make a comeback next gen as smaller sized downloadable games.

Tropico 4 (360) - deep in the Civ/Sim City addiction spiral. I don't really *need* 7 hours of sleep, do I?
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Jun 2013 08:11:01 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Didn't bother me at all, I loved it, it's a JRPG after all.

• PazJohnMitch 1 Jun 2013 14:46:22 7,248 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Didn't bother me at all, I loved it, it's a JRPG after all.
    Ecosse liked Blue Dragon. Ni no Kuni must be like gaming nirvana to him.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Jun 2013 09:09:14 14,636 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been struggling with games recently, played Sleeping Dogs, which was fun, but got bored with it. The same for Dragons Dogma. But my iPad has come to the rescue with the Warhammer dungeon brawler which is fun so far.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Madder-Max 2 Jun 2013 10:03:54 11,566 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    San andreas. After playing this its very odd that rockstar took the direction they did with IV. San andreas still stands as one od the best games ever and proves that we don't need bleeding edge graphics or gritty reality in games. I want to have fun in games not drudge about trying to find things to do.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Trafford 2 Jun 2013 10:11:21 5,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Okami HD
    My first time with the game and it all looks stunning. Gorgeous to play, comfort gaming.
    I'm only a couple of hours in, I did give up on the story after five minutes. Maybe that was the weed.
  • repairmanjack 2 Jun 2013 15:49:34 5,954 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Managed to shake the Defiance disc out of the 360, at last.

Metro: Last Light. Fantastic atmosphere, I just wish I had the time to play it in a good run to really soak it all up. The shooting has been made more forgiving, for the creampuff youtube whinger generation, but it's still very dark and extremely well done. I feel safer this time out, on normal, and it's missing that terrific feeling that one bullet can be the end of you (especially if it's one bullet that you fire). Not having too many reloads, and waltzing through a couple of sections. Can't fault it though: I'm just glad it's here.

Fuse. Turned up from Lovefilm. Demo left me a bit disatisfied, but I played the nerk with the shield and I think he's the least interesting of the bunch. Initial impressions are a bit jarring as it looks a little like a Lego-Gears of War clone. It's brighter, less glossy, and the shooting isn't as on the money. Changed character to the one with the warp rifle (which creates black holes and chains singularities when you do enough damage to people) and, holy shit, it's far more entertaining. Played for an hour and a half, put eight levels into that character, and I'm quite keen to get back to it. I think it's no more than a 7/10 experience, but I can't deny I rather enjoyed it last night.

Warhammer Quest (iPad). Might just be the most addictive dungeon crawler I've ever played.

Godmode (xbla). Still enjoying jumping in and out. About halfway through leveling my first character. Really enjoying the unlocks and weapon upgrades - not to mention the level modifiers. Managed to earn the "Death" achievement first time I encountered it. Great little game for 800 points.
  • jabberwoky 2 Jun 2013 19:45:07 441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Started borderlands 2, I am in an icy place with snow everywhere. Some guy whose name escapes me wants me dead. Went to a town and got shot at before I could even say anything; everyone is armed to the teeth and looks mean.
  • Fonzie 2 Jun 2013 20:13:56 1,711 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Currently playing Borderlands 2 on True Vault Hunter mode. Great fun but some of it is still tough at level 45.

Also retrying Demon's Souls. Made good progress yesterday killing three bosses in one sitting. Spent all day today getting killed. But managed to grind a few soul levels.
  • Maturin 2 Jun 2013 20:23:05 2,731 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As ever I'm still working through the event grid on Forza Motorsport 4. There are some really interesting events in there with great track/car combinations that don't crop up in the regular career.

Also trying to play Grid 2, but it's bugs are preventing me progressing in the career so going to stop until it's patched.

Been playing the fantastic strategy game European Escalation: AirLand Battle today. Definitely better than the original and lots of fun. The cold war setting and fantastic detailed graphics make it a lot of fun. As does the use of real world weapon system abilities rather than the rock/paper/scissor approach of many strategy games.
  • Zizoo 2 Jun 2013 20:23:53 7,703 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Knights of the Old Republic II

Loving it.
  • Triggerhappytel 2 Jun 2013 21:01:26 2,664 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thomas Was Alone on the Vita.

A really interesting, curious game - I never thought a puzzle game using narration to characterise coloured shapes would work so well. I've done about 30 levels and I'm really enjoying it so far. I got it for free through PS+, so I might buy the DLC to send a but of money the developers' way.
  • DrStrangelove 2 Jun 2013 21:20:27 2,538 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thomas Was Alone isn't bad in principle. What put me off was doing the same jump-this-guy-on-that-guy "quiz" 20 times in a row, just to do it 20 times in a row again in the next level.
  • andytheadequate 2 Jun 2013 21:40:55 7,951 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Thomas Was Alone isn't bad in principle. What put me off was doing the same jump-this-guy-on-that-guy "quiz" 20 times in a row, just to do it 20 times in a row again in the next level.
    I know what you mean, the puzzles do get a bit samey. But I'm loving the narration, I didn't even realise it had a story before playing it, so was a nice surprise.
  • mrpon 2 Jun 2013 21:42:40 27,643 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Worth playing again with the developer commentary on to hear his views on this very topic.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Humperfunk 2 Jun 2013 21:47:24 1,606 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The atmosphere in Thomas Was Alone is great, the narration is cool but the soundtrack is outstanding.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• JiveHound 3 Jun 2013 08:36:21 2,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Bioshock Infinite. The opening was breathtaking but it's quickly fallen into a groove of a standard shooter. To be honest I'm finding it dull. Bioshock 1 at least had some pretense of adventure. This is just pew pew, albeit pretty.

What am I missing?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Armoured_Bear 3 Jun 2013 08:43:49 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Bioshock Infinite. The opening was breathtaking but it's quickly fallen into a groove of a standard shooter. To be honest I'm finding it dull. Bioshock 1 at least had some pretense of adventure. This is just pew pew, albeit pretty.

What am I missing?
    That's exactly my feeling so far too.

• warlockuk 3 Jun 2013 08:58:43 19,101 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    You know what looking back at what was released back in 2004 when HL2 was released to give a sense of perspective on what else was on the market, fuck me that was a good year for games. For those interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_in_video_gaming
    Interesting list. Doom 3 was a game I waited for ages for, and then was deeply disappointed. Oh, a cubby hole with a health kit in it? There'll be a hidden wall right he-OH, YEAH HIDDEN WALL WITH A MONSTER.

It got so predictable after the first level that I don't even thing I got more than half way through it. I think I got to the weird spider-with-human-head (hat tip to The Monster Squad?) bits and stopped playing.

Far Cry, on the other hand was awesome - though I've not played/replayed it even half as much as Half Life 2. It didn't really have quite as much narrative; as with JiveHound + Bioshock Infinite, it didn't really feel like an FPS in the strictest sense... more like an interactive story with shooter sections because that's what people like.

What else is on that list... City of Heroes sucked. DoW and Rome: Total War are both great games (both sadly on my "only played for a few hours" pile). Warrior Within... yeah, that was good. Holy crap World of Warcraft. Forgot about that.

But yeah, even compared to the ten or so good games from 2004 I'd put HL2 at the top of the pile. Good characters, enjoyable story, immersive and fun to play. Overtaken by things like WoW, naturally, due to the nature of that game being an ongoing process of development and expansion.

Goddamnit, where's Ep3 / HL3??!?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• JiveHound 3 Jun 2013 09:04:29 2,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's the setting and story that's received a lot of plaudits but for me that's just context.

The gameplay just consists of killing everything that moves with some hoovering up of items afterwards. The vigors so far are really not that interesting either.

Does it pick up?

Anyway, I'm also playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3ds and so far I'm really enjoying that.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• DUFFMAN5 3 Jun 2013 09:14:01 13,799 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Infamous 2
    Played the first and completed a couple of times, also played a lot of FoB. Played this last time I had a ps3 but as I now realise didn't play it as much as I remember.
    Anyway excellent game, love the powers espically when you start geting the meatier ones. I'm playing "good Cole" at the moment, although if you are a busker you better get out of the way ;) The sides are fun, not overly varried, but that is fine. I like traveling the world.

R.E.Revelations
    Played a couple of hours (360) on campagin now and 3 sections of the Raid mode. As close as to an old scholl Resi we are likely to get, and all the better for it.

Gears: Judgment
    Working my way through the campaing in sp Insane mode, 4 chapters completed and also playing MP.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• drhcnip 3 Jun 2013 09:18:56 2,264 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    currently dmc: devil may cry & rather enjoying it...even though i'm not really seeing it as a dmc game...

Edited by drhcnip at 09:19:23 03-06-2013
  • Page

of 237 First / Last