What are you currently playing? Page 185

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• Deleted user 11 April 2013 15:49:42
    I got very bored of Max Payne 3. I loved the original but games have evolved since then.
  • ronuds 11 Apr 2013 16:00:14 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the combat in MP3 was really fun, but it wasn't fun enough to disguise that there were 5 minutes of cutscenes for every 1 of gameplay.
  • ecureuil 11 Apr 2013 16:01:05 76,024 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's alright, though I'm finding I can't play for more than about 90 minutes at a time because it's so repetitive. It looks really nice in-game though. I'll probably see it through to the end but it's really hard (even on normal), there's something about the way Rockstar does aiming that makes it difficult. I don't know if it's the way they calibrate the sticks, or auto-aim or whatever, or even the distance that you engage enemies at. I'm relying massively on the snap-aiming from cover.
  • King_Edward 11 Apr 2013 16:54:36 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Always looked like a poor man's Demon/Dark Souls.
    It's really not, though that's what I expected from Dragon's Dogma too. It's got much more of a Western RPG feel, but with much better combat and crazy good-old-Capcom story telling.

It's more like a japanophile's Oblivion.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2013 09:05:04
    Red Alert 3 (360)

A long time player and lover of RTS, I wondered how this would be do-able on a console. Having a surprisingly large amount of fun with this though. Interface is very well thought out and works very well. Nice change of pace from shooters.
  • danathjo 20 Apr 2013 00:10:17 6,915 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    just finished Dishonored (amazing)
    currently playing Tomb Raider (omg it looks so pretty, don't mind the constant shooting and killing between raiding after doing a sneaky run in dishonoured)

also dipping into emu versions of majoras mask and sensible soccer int version on my xbox 1 (coinops 5 is fantastic) Wrighty, Bould, Adams, Seaman etc....oh the days :(
  • danathjo 20 Apr 2013 00:35:57 6,915 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    plus tinkering with out of this world for the first time

flashback is one of my all times favourite games but this...this is way to unforgiving, will try to persevere but geez man, very hard!!
  • Matt36 20 Apr 2013 18:54:25 1,191 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished LEGO Batman (posted in the recently completed thread) so moving on to the other backlogged games.

I do want to get 1 or 2 more final achievements on FIFA 13. I need to play some clubs for 3 achievements there. Score from a freekick after running over the ball and then win the seasons cup. Oh, and play 25 ES live games. Doable.

Also, playing Pokemon White 2 whilst on the toilet :p Mass Effect on my iPhone and the Injustice demo.
  • QotSAfan 20 Apr 2013 19:20:22 1,550 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dishonored

Just finishing this up and I am not enjoying it too much. It is a very bad stealth game and it forces you to play it like a stealth game if you want to be a good guy. Which makes this playthrough so tedious, besides all the levels have pretty much the same pacing with no real interruptions. It becomes very one note. Really not sure what the huge fuss behind this was. Going to give it another run but just go combat heavy, hopefully that makes it more enjoyable
  • Deleted user 20 April 2013 20:06:43
    Luigi Mansion 2 - Got to the boss on the first mansion i think. So far, really enjoying it, simple, but good gameplaythat is well measured, and the cartoon humour and feel is fantastic. a bit special.

Pullbox - as good as ever. fun.
  • Anthony_UK 20 Apr 2013 22:25:53 2,395 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grid

Been having a bash on this again with the sequel due soon and I'd forgotten how good this actually is.

For me personally, it's refreshing to have a racer where it's not case of getting destroyed by someone who's spent hours tweaking there car, it really is a case of pick a car any away you go.

The handling is a strange one, but again I'm a fan. It's not Forza it's not even Gotham it's something that feels almost foreign at first, but with practice it's highly satisfying. Most corners can be taken at speed and keeping your car on the edge of control with other racers around you is thrilling stuff
  • Monsieur_Blade 20 Apr 2013 22:52:57 326 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tomb Raider

Started this today and loving it so far! Thought in the first 20 mins the game holds your hand far too much but now I'm a few hours in I've really started to enjoy it.

There's a really good atmosphere to the game and I actually care about Lara and what happens to her. I rarely play more than a couple of hours at a time but I've played a good 5 hours today and can't wait to continue tomorrow! I'm already 19% of the way through the game and I just don't want it to finish!

Edited by Monsieur_Blade at 22:56:46 20-04-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Apr 2013 22:58:13 13,814 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ni no kuni
    Great so far, to be fair, my daughter us playing it really, I just help when required :-)

Gears of war Judgment: multiplayer.

I'm ready to start a new/unplayed SP game on the 360, but just don't know what to play, I have too many games, which always makes it harder for me to choose.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• drhcnip 20 Apr 2013 23:06:37 2,267 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    gave up on doom 3 bfg earlier today as it was boring the arse off me after a while

tried sniper elite which i was shit at

so am pootling through never dead now, which is more my sort of thing
  • drhcnip 20 Apr 2013 23:07:26 2,267 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

crack open new vegas then...;)
  • DrStrangelove 20 Apr 2013 23:17:37 2,566 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PC: started a new Mass Effect career again, this time as biotic. Did soldier and infiltrator before.

PS3: playing Pixeljunk Eden again. One of my favourites of this gen.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Apr 2013 23:19:34 13,814 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

crack open new vegas then...;)
    ...I'm waiting for the GOTY of the GOTY before I start ;-)

• drhcnip 20 Apr 2013 23:26:09 2,267 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    just in case...;)

whatve you got lined up, then....?
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Apr 2013 00:35:51 8,748 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tomb Raider - decided to get this to celebrate my massive new telly.
    Not that impressed with the first hour, shitty screen effects, shitty QTE and it's a massive rip off of Uncharted with the charismatic characters and great voice acting.
    Hopefully it'll get much better.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Kanjin 21 Apr 2013 00:47:07 961 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Icewind Dale 2

Bit repetitve really. Might just go back to reading the brilliant Let's Play of it on the archive.
  • FuzzyDuck 21 Apr 2013 00:52:41 3,547 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

Sack it off now as the first few hours are actually the highlight of the game...
  • Raiko101 21 Apr 2013 05:50:36 5,545 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mario Tennis Open

Thought i'd try and beat all the characters in Exhibition, on Ace difficulty. Luigi took all of 20 minutes, as did Mario, but I then hit a brick wall with Princess Peach. Gave up after an hour and a half.

On that difficulty, this is, by far, the hardest tennis game i've ever played. It's a solid game though. Wish there was a season mode, but at least there are some great mini-games and kinda-like achievements that reward you with new costumes.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• DUFFMAN5 21 Apr 2013 08:26:28 13,814 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    just in case...;)

whatve you got lined up, then....?
    Hi Tony
    Not too sure yet. I have Uncharted 3 from Lovefilm, so may give that a go. I started Castlevaina LoS a couple of days ago, but it is not doing it.for me

• hypoBla5t 21 Apr 2013 09:34:37 1,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm currently playing:

- Red Dead Redemption (had a little slump but it's back on top form now.)

- Final Fantasy VII (it's good, got a huge list of S/RPGs to go on the Vita so want to get it done, a couple of hours into disc 2.)

- A Valley Without Wind 2 (on offer for 2.74 on Steam bundled with Valley 1 - I'm actually really enjoying it and it's a welcome mix-up of RPG, platformer and turn-based strategy. Recommended.)

- Soul Sacrifice demo (trying to hold fire until a week or so until release, then will start Chapter 1 I think.)
  • Stranded87 21 Apr 2013 11:57:46 768 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eschalon Book 2

A fun little old school RPG. I'm enjoying it but it will likely get abandoned if something I'd rather play comes out.
  • Gunzberg 21 Apr 2013 12:14:57 929 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished Tomb Raider.

So now going through the AC3 DLC.

On Episode 2 now

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Matt36 21 Apr 2013 13:28:02 1,191 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Soul Calibur V (360)

...I suck at this game, BADLY!
  • king26 21 Apr 2013 18:45:44 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just bought 4 new games.
    Aliens vs Predator
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Played and enjoyed 2 a few years ago so I'll give this a go.
    RUSE because I loved the demo
    And Homefront because I couldn't resist with with all this North Korea shit that's happening right now!!!!
  • Matt36 21 Apr 2013 18:49:00 1,191 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got to level 5 on WoW as a panda. That was enough for me not to buy it.

Playing FIFA 13 here & there, wanting the EAS FC match day achievements.

Soul Calibur V because I want the achievement for doing Arcade on Hard but its impossible with my skill level :(
  • Vortex808 21 Apr 2013 19:18:58 6,567 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A little of gears judgement and a lot of defiance. It's even been keeping me from playing bio shock infinite.
  • Page

of 238 First / Last