What are you currently playing? Page 183

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Triggerhappytel 31 Mar 2013 13:29:26 2,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm juggling Darksiders 2 and Driver: San Francisco at the moment. Absolutely loving DS2; much better than the first game in my opinion. Great visuals and art style, fun combat, a good sense of depth and progression and it really does tick almost all boxes for what I want from a fantasy adventure. Up there with Soul Reaver and Okami as one of my favourite examples of he genre.

Not sure what to make of Driver yet really. Technically it's very impressive and I do like the handling model, but I'm finding the whole premise and storytelling really goofy (intentionally so, I realise) and it already feels a bit on the repetitive side (I've just finished the first chapter). I only paid 5 for it from PSN and I will stick it out though.
  • BloodMountain88 31 Mar 2013 18:44:58 128 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel I'd like to tell you that the story in Driver gets better... but it doesn't. I'm on about Chapter 4-5 at the moment and the story gets even more stupid. The excellent driving model and San Francisco itself is enough to keep me interested though. I also think it has a fair amount of variety for a game where you're just driving cars.
  • Triggerhappytel 2 Apr 2013 01:05:15 2,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More Darksiders 2 tonight. I'm about 14 hours in and currently in some special dungeon in the Gilded Arena, called something like the Pratorian (if I complete this the third Deadlord will come with me). I'm pretty stuck at the moment and had one leave a puzzle while I came to bed, to go back it tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes. Still really enjoying it though. I hope the series does live on, preferably with the remnants of Vigil Games, even though I don't really like Crytek.
  • CaptainKid 2 Apr 2013 06:05:12 134 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bioshock.
    I never played it all those years ago and just bought all 3 games in a package deal.
    It's incredible by the way, even better then Dishonored!
  • BryanAKADJ 2 Apr 2013 08:53:21 271 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Been playing more Starcraft 2, absolutely fantastic, enjoying every moment so far! Currently downloading Hitman Blood Money as well, looking forward to that

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• danathjo 2 Apr 2013 09:34:27 6,909 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel
    might have to get this because of you now, been looking at the 7.99 psn version for a while but never finished the first one
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 2 Apr 2013 10:23:13 2,370 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Also just got Final Fantasy X working thru PCSX2.
    Will a 360 wireless guitar work with PS2 Guitar Hero on PCSX2?

Shot in the dark here.
    Sorry bud only jus seen this. Im pretty sure it does. I remember seeing the settings for a guitar in the options. Not sure how responsive it would be, but i guess theres no reason why it wouldnt be the same as a 360 controller.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• unicorn69 2 Apr 2013 10:28:49 81 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Started my GTA marathon to prepare for GTA V.

Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

• Triggerhappytel 2 Apr 2013 11:12:30 2,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @danathjo
    You might want to do it sooner rather than later then, as the game has just been removed from sale from the Wii U eShop, and it may well follow suit on other download stores too. It may return after the brand is sold in a couple of weeks, but then it may not be as cheap as 8 so who knows.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2013 11:17:28 13,802 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CaptainKid wrote:
    Bioshock.
    I never played it all those years ago and just bought all 3 games in a package deal.
    It's incredible by the way, even better then Dishonored!
    You are in for some of your best gaming ever...enjoy

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BloodMountain88 2 Apr 2013 12:17:50 128 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel They've already removed all the Darksiders 2 DLC, as well as the original Darksiders from the EU PS Store.

Edited by BloodMountain88 at 13:16:10 02-04-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 2 Apr 2013 13:47:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started replaying R:Racing on Dolphin (I can't find my GameCube disc!).

The ol physics are a bit (very) dated but the pit crew and overtaking mechanics are fun.
  • Matt36 3 Apr 2013 03:37:50 1,170 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Playing Pokemon White 2. Me & the other half have been on it constantly for a week whilst shes had to stay in bed. I clocked 600 hours on white 1, would love to get even half that on this with her, shes really enjoying it and its taking her mind of other things.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Apr 2013 19:52:20 6,654 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got heart of the swarm; really good.
  • Matt36 4 Apr 2013 21:11:50 1,170 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    More Pokemon. 5th Gym and team is all over level 40, making this very easy. Wish I didn't grind so much :p

FIFA 13, trying to mop up a few achievements I'm missing whilst I've the urge to play. Mainly career mode.

And finally, LEGO Batman, just the minikits to collect. Quite tedious now.
  • hypoBla5t 4 Apr 2013 21:46:53 1,264 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Guild Wars 2 (been back on it for a month or so now, got my Guardian alt up to level 50 now).

Final Fantasy VII (XIII was my first FF, I thought it was ok. VII is almost as good as everyone says it is tbh, 10 hours in and loving it).

A bit of:

Starcraft 2: HOTS 2v2
    Gods Eater Burst
    Bioshock Infinite playthrough 2

on the side.
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 10:06:06
    Toy Soldiers (360)

A very nice person over on the XBLA thread put some codes up and I was fortunate enough to chance upon an unused one. Had a wee shot of this last night before going on to Bioshock Infinite and eh, well, never made it on to Bioshock. Three bloody hours on this game. Very addictive, very polished and a brilliant spin on the Tower Defense genre.

Love the fact you can pilot planes and man turrets and even though it's toys you control they evoke the grimness of WW1 very well. The balance is just right.

I'm sure I'll be giving it another go later, but also...

Bioshock Infinite (360)

Quite a few hours in now. It's just, beautiful. I love everything about this game and cannot believe that it's not only living up to my expectations but surpassing them at every point. A couple of minor niggles so far but so small as to be pretty much insignificant when weighed up with the rest of the game. Elizabeth is so brilliantly realised it is genuinely a joy to be in her company. Combat is frantic and frequently awesome and the setting is just astounding.

Minor niggles? Eh, it's probably the most linear "shock" game yet. But forgiveable as it's a different type of game. Also. Not sure how I feel about the "gear" yet, nor the vigours. To be honest I was never one for psi (ss1 + 2) or plasmids (bio 1 + 2) anyway. I do like throwing birdies at everyone though.

Also, skyline combat - fast and fluid! I was worried it would be a bit, well "sticky" like dishonored blink ability that I could never do under pressure but this is far more forgiving.

God sorry, that's all a bit of an essay.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 10:06:26 05-04-2013
  • Raiko101 5 Apr 2013 12:08:21 5,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Runner 2

I'm nearing the end of the game now and it's been great for the most part. Not nearly as frustrating as i'd imagined. There are a few cases of obstacles blending into the background though, which makes things tricky. My girlfriend has been enjoying it too, actually. She is struggling with the analog stick though.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• TarickStonefire 5 Apr 2013 13:27:01 2,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Far Cry 3 on Xbox, lots of fun. Never played the others but I didn't know this one was an open-world style game, and I've loved it. It's ridiculous of course, but capturing camps in a variety of different ways hasn't got old yet :)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 5 Apr 2013 13:27:53 2,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also, Ridiculous Fishing on the iPhone and iPad, just got it and it's pretty good fun. And no IAPs, it's such a relief to play a casual game that will never ask me for more money :D

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Apr 2013 13:36:50 9,686 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After finishing Gears of War Judgment the other night I have decided to play through the other three again. It has reminded me that I really do love all four of the games, I don't think I could ever be without them.
  • Vortex808 5 Apr 2013 13:58:26 6,560 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well I was originally planning on trying to finish Gears of war Judgment this weekend and start Bioshock Infinite.

However, I think I may play some gears and dedicate most of my time to Defiance instead.
  • andytheadequate 5 Apr 2013 17:37:56 7,954 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've started playing To The Moon again, it's even better this time through.

I've moved onto the hard scenarios for Unity of Command. So far they seem to be considerably easier than the medium ones, which is just odd.

Playing some Quarrel with a friend. We are both terrible at anagrams so has been a laugh so far. Anyone fancy joining us for some games?
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Apr 2013 19:20:31 13,802 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got Army of two III so will start that tonight or tomorrow, and Gears J of course. I have been playing at least 1 of the 4 games weekly (sometimes daily) for the last couple of years at least :)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Matt36 5 Apr 2013 19:33:06 1,170 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LEGO BATMAN

...and I'm sick. I can't be arsed in the slightest. Minikits are such a chore.
  • djronz. 5 Apr 2013 20:22:09 185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite, think I'm near the end now but I'm getting a little bored of it tbh. Once I got past the initial amazement of the beautifully realised world I soon got bored of the limited AI of the enemies in combat and the endless searching of boxes and bodies. It's a shame because I wanted to like this but I'm now just rushing through trying to get to the end, I have no idea what the story is and neither do I care.
  • drhcnip 5 Apr 2013 20:57:07 2,265 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hitman absolution on ps3

and, surprisingly, im enjoying it far more than i thought i would..but then it seems a lot more forgiving than previous games....never really got anywhere in any of the previous games which has irritated me

i seem to be able to get away with more in this iteration, which suits me where stealth is concerned...and probabl irritated the hell out of fans of the series......i like the fact i can try and be stealthy but it doesnt matter if i fuck it all up which i usually do.....
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 21:00:56
    I'm currently playing Killing Floor 80+ hours of it so far :D It's totally mental and a hell of a lot of fun, plus I play on Russian servers, so it's great listening to all those accents :)
  • Page

of 237 First / Last