What are you currently playing? Page 182

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 10:53:05
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    ... but its died down a little after I worried it got a bit too cover shooty.
    That's how I felt ...

... until it does becomes an almost fully fledged third person shooter later in the game, unfortunately.

Folks moan about Uncharted, quite rightly though because there is a little bit too much shooting going on in places however, Tomb Raider, especially in the last third, takes it to another level.

A shame really.

: (

p.s. Oh, please enjoy the game though, despite my gloomy comments!
    Yeah i am at there at the moment ( i think ) To be honest, the combat design is well handled. The bow is great, and the various ways the game allows you tackle enemies is varied and fun (the flame arrows :D and burning cloth - to many red barrells though. Also i feel in danger in combat, the weapons feel good and you have to dispose of enemies quick.

At the moment still loving the game, but getting the feeling the game is only the top of what could be quite a meaty experience. Its only scratching the surface at the moment. The idea of the game, its setting and that are well realised, but i feel it could be just a bit deeper. Still really enjoying it, and it has moments, on a continous basis that just make me smile!
  • jabberwoky 29 Mar 2013 14:52:15 441 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dishonoured , still in sewers. It took me an hour to get out of jail without killing anyone, then went back and did combat only and it took about 4 minutes.

Its obviously far too early to know how this is going to go, but so far so good. Playing on normal but I suspect as is often the case it might become too easy and hard is the new normal.

Edited by jabberwoky at 14:52:48 29-03-2013
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 29 Mar 2013 14:57:23 6,654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The tall boys are pretty tough.
  • TOOTR 29 Mar 2013 15:31:25 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For some reason, even though mates like Kinky have told me not to bother, I feel compelled to playthrough Battlefield 3 Single player.

I don't why this is. It's a terrible game. Truly poor.

It's graphically excellent but it's so restrictive and whack a mole like and you spend so much time observing and not playing anything it's ridiculous.

Yet here I am...sludging through it.... one mission per night.

And then wash that taste out of my mouth with the multiplayer which i love!

Strange.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Paulie_P 29 Mar 2013 23:55:05 394 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just waiting on Tomb Raider to download - 20 on PSN for a 3 week old game, I feel like a thief!
  • SFD 30 Mar 2013 00:05:15 465 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bioshock infinite and FM13 for the most part.

I still need to finish Tomb Raider...

Oh and about 20 other games.
  • danathjo 30 Mar 2013 00:07:24 6,909 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    just played sensible soccer for the first time, bloody brilliant and holds up very well

I could play a lot more of this
  • FuzzyDuck 30 Mar 2013 00:40:37 3,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Condemned 2 on the PS3. Easily one of the best games I've played in a very long time. So far, it's a firm 9/10 from me. Pant-wettingly frightening at times. Why has this series flopped and when shit like Resident Evil is still going pretty strong?
    Always piqued my interest but haven't tried either of the games. Considering they can be had for the price of a sandwich, I should rectify this next time I spot them...
  • Progguitarist 30 Mar 2013 00:45:20 10,316 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished God of War: Ascension, abandoned bio shock and am about to start Mass Effect 3.
  • andytheadequate 30 Mar 2013 01:04:03 7,949 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm playing an awful lot of Unity of Command at the moment, and just started TiTS(!) on the psp.

Oh, and diplomacy of course!
  • twelveways 30 Mar 2013 01:06:55 3,493 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just played Team Fortress 2 for the first time, love it!
  • drhcnip 30 Mar 2013 10:03:09 2,261 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    max payne 3 on ps3

when i started it, it all felt very ps2ey and i thought i would be unlikely to see it through...

about a third of the way through, now, and enjoying it a lot more
  • kentmonkey 30 Mar 2013 10:13:46 20,071 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Condemned 2 on the PS3. Easily one of the best games I've played in a very long time. So far, it's a firm 9/10 from me. Pant-wettingly frightening at times. Why has this series flopped and when shit like Resident Evil is still going pretty strong?
    Always piqued my interest but haven't tried either of the games. Considering they can be had for the price of a sandwich, I should rectify this next time I spot them...
    I thought it was great as well. About halfway through it lost a lot of it's mojo though. It's as though they put loads of effort into the first half and then just reused stuff and lost creativity halfway through.

For me the first half was a 9, the second a 5, so a 7/10 overall.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Mar 2013 12:26:59 13,798 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PS3: Killzone 2, only a couple of hours in, not played for around 3 weeks. I really enjoy the PS3, just never seem to switch it on.

360: GearsJ, I'm a Gears nut, so enjoying, but not as good as 1-3.
    Bioshock Infinite, awesome

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 30 Mar 2013 15:19:53 2,370 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ive just checked my Steam games list. Considering Ive only been a pc gamer for 4 months ive got 80 games...only finished 1 of them (Tomb Raider).

Almost finished Bioshock Infinite which is all kinds of awesome.

Also just got Final Fantasy X working thru PCSX2.

Really need to finish Saints Row 3, Sleeping Dogs and get some more Primal Carnage action in.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 30 Mar 2013 15:21:26 2,370 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Reacher wrote:
    Bioshock Infinite. It's better than sex.
    Played Infinite last night, had sex this morning. I'd say they were on a par.
    Having sex with your pillow doesn't count as sex you know.
    You calling my wife fat? I'll tell her you said that. ;)

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• mrpon 30 Mar 2013 15:34:16 27,640 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Also just got Final Fantasy X working thru PCSX2.
    Will a 360 wireless guitar work with PS2 Guitar Hero on PCSX2?

Shot in the dark here.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• OptimusPube 30 Mar 2013 16:13:04 2,404 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Farcry 3, it is amazing, that is all.

Is it supposed to be like this?

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 18:30:19
    Bioshock Infinite.

Better than sex AND a poo after a night on the Guinness.

Please note: I don't do both at the same time. Although I probably shouldn't discount it til I've tried it.
  • Gunzberg 30 Mar 2013 19:20:38 919 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Resi 6

it's massive in length

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Syrette 30 Mar 2013 19:32:30 41,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite and then Infamous 2. And I need to get back on with Sound Shapes at some point.

• NOSAVIOUR 30 Mar 2013 20:06:44 2,802 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lego City Undercover up there with Bioshock as GOTY so far for me. Just pure fun, awesome world with so much to do.
  • andytheadequate 30 Mar 2013 21:02:30 7,949 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Lego City Undercover up there with Bioshock as GOTY so far for me. Just pure fun, awesome world with so much to do.
    Out of interest, is it co-op like the rest of the lego games?
  • NOSAVIOUR 30 Mar 2013 22:30:35 2,802 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No only thing missing, but the mrs' has been gripped watching me play as have I her. Something for a sequel.
  • GloatingSwine 31 Mar 2013 00:51:21 2,668 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished a first playthrough of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

I can see a lot of revengeancing going on whilst I get to grips with the game for reals and get my hard mode on.
  • Anthony_UK 31 Mar 2013 03:00:26 2,388 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Assassin's Creed 3

Awesome and annoying. There is just so much content in this game, but when there's obviously been more effort and focus gone into optional missions and parts of the game that might be missed entirely, I can't help but think that someone needs to get a grip of the series or give it a few years off. It's unforgivable to open the game with borderline boring first few hours, to have some great levels hidden away entirely.

There are just so many annoying things about the game, the weapon's and most of your gadgets don't seem to have any real use for any of the levels or situations in the game. Maybe I'm maybe missing the point and the idea is for people to experiment, but things like the rope darts are awesome in the tutorial and the one other occasion I've used them, but other than that, they serve no purpose. But it's the same with the Assassin's powers, the trip mines and various different types of weapons and guns you can buy, all pretty much pointless.

It feels like they've had various different dev teams work on individual elements of the game, which then got slapped together last minute. The end result almost becoming a total mess at times.

That said, it has many good points! Some of the pure stealth based gameplay can be brilliant in how brutal and hard it can be and when everything comes together as it should it's an absorbing experience.

So basically still at fan, but a little more focus next time please guys.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last