What are you currently playing? Page 169

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• chrisno21 15 Jan 2013 11:16:43 1,352 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Borderlands 2 - in co-op with the other half, she seems to really enjoy it despite not being a gamer - the humour helps. Haven't started the DLC yet but am very close to the end of tha main story - only Jack to go, but will do the DLC now beforehand.

Far Cry 3 - started last night, after an iffy start where i was caught 3 times on escape where all i did was do as I was told and the AI started glitching. Into the main game it's been great so far.

Assassins 3 - when i'm fed up of pew-pew'ing. Still Haytham and I quite like him. The trophies are all uninspired as I can never be bothered with 100%ing the sequences and thus all collectibles aren't worth the effort either now (not that trophies are worth it anyway).

New Little Kings Story - this is great, very addictive and a game I try to not play before bed as I tend to lose at least an hour in a ten-minute play.

ZombiU - Great atmosphere, so good I find it difficult to find a good time to play it. Last time i did it bugged out and crashed the system and with no autosaves I lost about an hours play and haven't been back since.

I have a lot to finish before NiNoKuni arrives and I've not started Hitman yet.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• andytheadequate 15 Jan 2013 12:33:33 7,972 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Persona 3 - incredibly addictive game but it's getting quite repetitive 35 hours in.

Mark of the ninja - It's shadow complex:ninjas, but probably even better. One of the best games on xbla.

Planetside 2 - the most impressive game I've ever played. The scale is simply amazing.

I've got a few other games on the go (bf3, far cry 3, dishonored), but not really playing them at the moment in favour of these
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 15 Jan 2013 12:38:44 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah Mark of the ninja is excellent.
  • Adamical 17 Jan 2013 18:32:09 307 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just started Devil May Cry 1 in the HD collection, and, I mean, FUCK! It's so hard! Apart from the normal puppet guys, everything kills me at least once. I haven't played anything this tough in a long time so I'm having to up my game.

And I just love having to restart the level once my yellow orbs have run out.

:/
  • King_Edward 17 Jan 2013 18:43:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Adamical wrote:
    Just started Devil May Cry 1 in the HD collection, and, I mean, FUCK! It's so hard! Apart from the normal puppet guys, everything kills me at least once. I haven't played anything this tough in a long time so I'm having to up my game.

Keep dying and you'll unlock easy mode.
  • thenastypasty 17 Jan 2013 18:51:47 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Uncharted 3 : Not as good as 2 IMO but enjoyable enough.

Little Big Plant Vita: One of the best games I've played over the last few years. For me, the gameplay suits being played on a handheld far more than on a big screen.

Halo 4 MP: pisses all over Reach's MP, the maps are far more varied and generally are of a higher quality and the changes 343 have made with loadouts and armour abilities have made it feel fresh but still Halo.
  • TOOTR 17 Jan 2013 19:10:11 9,473 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Halo 4 MP: pisses all over Reach's MP, the maps are far more varied and generally are of a higher quality and the changes 343 have made with loadouts and armour abilities have made it feel fresh but still Halo.
    THIS Pasty :)

And also - XCOM. I have a lot to learn but loving the way it's teaching me.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Adamical 17 Jan 2013 19:18:33 307 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Adamical wrote:

Keep dying and you'll unlock easy mode.
    Yeah, that's already unlocked but I won't be beaten! I just need to play it cool, learn the enemy patterns and such. I'm making progress quickly enough, it's just taking me a good few attempts at the boss types.
  • whatthefu 18 Jan 2013 22:03:11 823 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started NFS Most Wanted 2012, WRC 3 was getting a bit difficult, I might go back later and turn the difficulty down a bit.
    NFS - found it annoying at the start but have gotten into it and am enjoying it now. Up until I have to lose the cops.
    Is there a secret here? It's the annoying bit of the game.
  • king26 19 Jan 2013 13:45:44 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Still enjoying Batman AC, still think it's overrated though.
    Farcry 3 is brilliant.
    I just bought Sleeping Dogs which I prefer to GTA4 and Saints Row.
    And finally Rugby World Cup 2011 because EA seem to think that FIFA kissball is a more worthwhile annual franchise than a mans sport!
  • onestepfromlost 19 Jan 2013 14:41:18 1,967 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    back into dark souls now that i got past a major barrier. Also playing limbo then going to play splosion man on the side.
  • King_Edward 19 Jan 2013 16:19:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Back on Bayonetta. Haven't got a 360 so I'm on the PS3 this time.

It's so blurry.
  • Deckard1 19 Jan 2013 16:26:06 25,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spider-Man Shattered dimensions.

Its utterly shit, but strangely enjoyable.

Called it

• Deleted user 19 January 2013 16:30:03
    Ass Creed 3 which could be the most bug ridden, shockingly structured and poorly paced game I have ever played. It also looks and controls like arse.

Such a massive (mostly technical) step backwards.
  • Raiko101 19 Jan 2013 19:19:25 5,580 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Boab It's just not finished at all. The pacing is a mess. The side missions are mostly unexplained. Some wont even initiate or appear. The most bug-ridden game i've ever played. It needs at least another year of work if it took them 3 years to get this far.

Saying that, i'm quite enjoying it. Not as good as AC2 and frustrating a little too often. I'll probably not bother with any more after this one.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Kanjin 20 Jan 2013 09:59:29 965 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got back into Alpha Protocol. Playing pretty ruthless, I shot Sis on defeating her, but having tons of fun again.
  • santashi 20 Jan 2013 10:08:12 4,940 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. I'm finding it a lot more fun now that the settings have got more interesting and there's more of a sense of exploration.

Rachel's outfit is truly awful though.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 20 Jan 2013 10:41:46 2,378 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nfs Most Wanted 2012. Really enjoying it, despite initially being really put off by the wanky camera view. The races get very repetitive, but it looks awesome and the constant cop chases are often more of a challenge than the race itself, even the hard ones. Could have done with adding in the fmv story the first one had, as this feels more like an arcade game than the original.
    Far Cry 3. Meh. Pretty much given up. Looks good but thats about it.
    Dishonoured. Meh. Effin sick of bloody first person games. Change the effin channel, will you? Good story and world, though. May go back to it after ive got this fp hate bug out of my system.
    Assassins Creed 3. Buggy, uneven pacing and poor direction. But strangely enjoyable. Until it crashed and wiped my 25% complete save. Had to download someone else's save after a massive hunt for the save file. Now backing up every time I play.
    Bioshock 2 (ps3). Given up after 10 mins. But then i did the same with the first game. Good job it was free. Could be the fp hate i have atm...

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• thenastypasty 20 Jan 2013 10:44:52 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar

I'd give bioshock 2 a bit more time. It starts a bit slow but gets a lot better.
  • CaptainKid 20 Jan 2013 10:51:19 134 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Desperately looking for a game..
    I want to play Planetside 2 but my PC couldn't handle the beta.

Played Borderlands 2 this week. I'm done with that game. Horrible menu system(can't even remap the esc key!). Stupid car mechanics. Boring (side) missions. Dead feeling world and crappy inventory system. You can't even shoot somebody's leg off (only the final shot can), no environmental deaths except barrels, (barrels!)I honestly do not understand the high praise this game gets.

Tried Hotline Miami as well for 10 minutes. You are dead retry. you are dead retry. you are dead retry.
  • muttler 20 Jan 2013 11:18:07 3,774 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anarchy Reigns, great stuff.

Doom 3 BFG.  I got this yesterday as I had some Game vouchers.  It's a nice HD scrub up (from the still impressive Xbox version) but fuck me have they ruined the controls- you can't toggle sprint in campaign (but you can in mp?!) and you can't toggle crouch at all.  Sprint is click in left thumbstick which is so awkward when you're using left thumbstick to move.  It REALLY needs a patch for the controls.  Looking forward to the extra missions though.

Edit- just noticed, you can't play Doom 1 or 2 if you have installed it to your hdd!  It says to play this content you must uninstall the game.  Oh and, I found a controller config menu yay!  Unfortunately, the only option it gives you is to swap two buttons jump and use, alternate between A and Y.  You've got to admire that level of shitness.

Edited by muttler at 12:08:38 20-01-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Jan 2013 11:41:17 13,829 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trying to stick to my one game at a time system, so it is single player MW3 on ps3 at the moment. I'm enjoying it, no real interest in mp, but a few hours on the sp or ops is always good fun.

I am of course playing a few waves of Horde on Gears, but that doesn't count ;)

I also have played/tried the demos of Deadspace 3 and GOW 4

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Luckyjim 20 Jan 2013 12:35:33 2,832 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have a bit of a rotation going on between Okami HD, Dishonored and ZombiU.

I adore Okami so I'm happy to savour it. Looks incredible in HD.

Not 100% convinced by Dishonoured yet. It's very well made, and I do love the fully realised world, but, for me, it suffers those problems inherent in stealth games i.e. spending as much time looking at Load/Save screens as playing, inconsistency in enemy awareness etc etc. Also, the PS3 version looks, to me, sub-HD. Good game but, so far, definitely not game of the year.

Maybe I'm a little frustrated as I always attempt to be stealthy but all my missions descend into a big ruck. To be fair, the combat mechanic's excellent. I just feel I get penalised in the long run for a high chaos rating. Maybe full on stealth games aren't for me.

ZombiU is the absolute definition of a rough diamond. A brilliant core mechanic that could have done with 6 months more development time - improve some of the textures, get rid of the bugs and add a bit more variety. I think, for example, a two-player co-op would have been excellent.

I can't play it with anyone else in the room because I find it too distracting. You really have to pay attention to every sound and every shadow, just in case. The sense of vulnerability and atmosphere is excellent and really adds to ZombiU being one hell of a scary game. I can only play it in 30-60 minute stints before I have to stick something more light-hearted on :)

Edited by Luckyjim at 12:36:55 20-01-2013
  • Pumpatron 20 Jan 2013 12:55:36 358 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dishonored.

It's good, I like it. The art direction is great, I love the architecture and the look and feel of the world. I'm really enjoying picking my own way through the levels, generally being a stealthy mofo, until it all goes wrong and I have to stab people. In the face.
  • monty2k 20 Jan 2013 12:56:39 240 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @muttler

I think you can still launch Doom 1 and 2 from the dashboard's "My games" section or something like that.

Yeah, I enjoyed playing through the BFG edition but it just felt a bit shallow. I really missed the torch mechanic - it was a bit dumb and contrived but it gave the game a unique sense of tension and atmosphere. Without it, Doom 3 is just another corridor-crawling shooter.
  • monty2k 20 Jan 2013 13:16:21 240 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wolfenstein (2009)

I'm really enjoying this game. The guns are meaty and upgradeable, there's lots of gore and it's nice to be killing occult nazis again in a FPS after years of just fighting megalomaniacal Russians.

Hitman Absolution

I seem to cycle between loving and hating this game every 5 minutes. For every great part of the game there is an equal and opposing crap part. My only real gripe is that all the Hitman games have had excellent music and this doesn't. I know they got rid of Jesper Kyd, but I don't think I've heard any music in Absolution!
  • RyanDS 20 Jan 2013 13:47:52 8,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PS3: Black ops 2 multiplayer - very addictive.

Wii U: Xenoblade - Wow!

360: Skyrim - Much better on 360 than PC. Control wise at least

Vita: Mortal Kombat, Jet Set Radio in the wings

PC: FTL
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 20 Jan 2013 14:18:37 2,378 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @thenastypasty I know I probably should, but I don't want to play hours worth of shit to get to the good stuff. If it's no good at the start, what's the point?
    I think it's mainly to do with my first person fatigue atm. Just plain sick of them.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Page

of 238 First / Last