What are you currently playing? Page 168

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• SambaApe 6 Jan 2013 23:41:45 1,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing Borderlands 2 on TVHM and am finding it a little akin to grinding heroics on WoW.

Loved the first play through; I would go as far as to say it was my game of 2012. With that said, I feel as if I am anticipating level 50 and the promised 'raiding' it brings rather than enjoying the second playthrough as much. In doing so, I'm actually starting to find some of the things I initially found endearing a bit grating.

I'm not sure what they could have done differently, I mean its certainly challenging enough, it's just a few extra guns and different enemy names, but it seems a bit drawn out this time round..
  • Madder-Max 13 Jan 2013 11:31:43 11,566 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blops 2 a lot.

Getting better at this now. Got a nice lmg set up with fmj, extended clip and target finder, flack jacket, tactical mask and 2 bouncing bettys.

I basically rotate round a series of camping spots I have found on each map (fucking hate meltdown, drone and aftermath though). I clean up on hijacked and standoff. My scores are relatively low around 10/11 kills and usually come out on top. Slow progress and will eventually graduate to a run and gun set up.

Given up on league lay as its too dam hard and annoying. Ranked 93, iron division, sub division jupiter 6 or some shit.

Edited by Madder-Max at 11:35:25 13-01-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• TOOTR 13 Jan 2013 14:57:56 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bioshock 2 - gets better and better the further in I go.

Great game.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• RyanDS 13 Jan 2013 15:04:43 8,699 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PS3: Black Ops 2 - Surprised myself by loving this. Been playing a lot of MP and am finally getting decent at it, getting some decent scores and yesterday I got my first full kill streak that got me all the bonus things.

360: Skyrim, I have this on PC, but the PC version is a shit console port. Much better on 360 where it is actually designed for the controller and system.

Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles. Awesome game, just wish it was on a decent system.

PS Vita: Mortal Kombat. Such an awesome story.

PC: FTL - Awesome.

Jesus, and people complain about the lack of quality this gen?
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 13 Jan 2013 15:07:21 6,654 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    About Bioshock 2: Yeah, i agree. Though I hated the rinse repeat nature of micro management that makes up the game when I tried to play the game when It was first released.

I think I hated it because I'd just played the first game and was burned out, but I played it again a year or so ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 15:07:49 13-01-2013
  • Khanivor 13 Jan 2013 15:08:49 39,870 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FTL. It's more addictive than crack and a whole fuck of a lot cheaper. Doesn't make my breathing all laboured either.

Edited by Khanivor at 15:08:58 13-01-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 13 Jan 2013 15:20:28 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Khanivor it's 3.49 on steam today too for those who haven't got it.
  • RobTheBuilder 13 Jan 2013 15:21:48 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Borderlands 2. Wonderful writing and so much to do. A perfect sequel, and one of the funniest game scripts I have ever seen.

Claptrap is just genius.
  • Reacher 13 Jan 2013 15:27:32 542 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Medal of Honour : Warfighter. SP only. The Frostbite engine kicks arse.
  • andywilkie35 13 Jan 2013 15:29:11 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished Uncharted 3 so started DmC yesterday (thanks again Shopto), so far so very very good, but still looking forward to it's general release - the thread should make for very entertaining reading.

Also still dipping into Ultimate Team on FIFA13, very addictive.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 13 Jan 2013 15:38:11 6,654 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    Medal of Honour : Warfighter. SP only. The Frostbite engine kicks arse.
    I enjoyed that lol.. Get fucking slaughtered for this opinion.

That said, the driving sections are an abortion; the PC version actually seems to jump from rendering at 1080p to 480p in these sections :D truly awful.
  • Sarahshade 13 Jan 2013 15:51:08 139 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I have been playing the walking dead but decided to have a little break from it for a bit and now I'm playing Fable 2.. one of my all time favourite games!

Xbox gamertag: Sarah Doherty22
    Steam: Sarahshade1
    3DS: 0903-3840-7897

• Kid_Icarus 13 Jan 2013 15:51:41 556 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Recently finished Hitman: Absolution so now I'm playing through Blood Money after a mate found he had 2 copies and gave me one. It's a good game, but I'm missing some of Absolution's features and both the graphics and the controls are just horrific. Click the left stick and hold it in to throw a coin? Running around and climbing stuff automatically if you give it more than the slightest touch? Ridiculous. But at least the disguises work properly.
  • Bremenacht 13 Jan 2013 15:55:46 15,753 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    FTL. It's more addictive than crack and a whole fuck of a lot cheaper. Doesn't make my breathing all laboured either.
    o/

Can't leave it alone. Always wanting another stab at unlocking a ship design or whatever.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 13 Jan 2013 16:16:57 6,654 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just bought it. Cheers for the tip.
  • -cerberus- 13 Jan 2013 16:24:33 2,088 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Plugged in the good ol' PS1 and started a fresh 100% run of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. Without a doubt my favourite Oddworld game, I completed it many times but damn... I don't remember those loading times being that long on the PS1. Maybe something's wrong with my console :eek: Luckily I got the Gog.com version about three weeks ago and with that handy Xpadder program, I can now enjoy a better & faster version with the Xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer. Happy times!

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Mr_Sleep 13 Jan 2013 16:44:05 16,240 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    360: Skyrim, I have this on PC, but the PC version is a shit console port. Much better on 360 where it is actually designed for the controller and system.
    With the mods that have been released the game is actually rather awesome, the speeding up of horses, new sound and textures as well as other minor changes have brought the game to life for me. I use a wired 360 controller on my PC though, so I'm not sure about the port issue. It's pretty much like playing the 360 version (I would think) but with full draw distance. It can look amazing at times.

You are a factory of sadness.

• RyanDS 13 Jan 2013 16:56:09 8,699 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    With the mods that have been released the game is actually rather awesome, the speeding up of horses, new sound and textures as well as other minor changes have brought the game to life for me. I use a wired 360 controller on my PC though, so I'm not sure about the port issue. It's pretty much like playing the 360 version (I would think) but with full draw distance. It can look amazing at times.
    Using a 360 controller on the PC is just something I can't do.

Keyboard and mouse is the best control system ever, I suffer pads on consoles as there is no other choice, but I can't bring myself to hook one up to my PC. Especially not for an RPG.

For reference the K&M on the PC is shoehorned in at best. Mouselook is broken with horizontal and vertical being stuck at one speed (well one can change, but not the other, can't remember which) and half the time it won't let you click on buttons in menu, it makes you press a random key. Whatever happened to the company that made such PC classics as Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind is beyond me.

Playing on 360 is great as I can accept the console pad and not spend all my time raging about a shitty control scheme.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 13 Jan 2013 18:55:43 2,370 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Keyboard and mouse is the best control system ever,
    Couldn't disagree more. I hate it with a passion. It's ruined so many games for me. You need severe finger dexterity and blind memory of where keys are. With a pad, everything is right there for you. Dual analogues were a god send as well.
    K&M works for slower, strategic games for me. But for FPS's I get pnwed when I'm forced to use K&M. Using a pad I can keep up.
    I am however thinking of selling my PS3 (after selling my beloved Xbox to get one) mostly because of the god-awful controller. Just can't stand the thing.
    Anyways, to each his own; just thought I'd put my opinion in there.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Darth_Flibble 13 Jan 2013 19:14:54 1,505 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Risen 2: very cheap looking Pirate RPG but it looks like a real action RPG. Annoyingly game developers have the attitude of you have no pointers on where to go and shit map or dumbed down "go here to finish quest" (DA2, fable, ME3) etc FFS its not that black and white

Batman AC: Harley quinn's revenege. Got it cheap when it was on sale on XBL. Short and sweet DLC although not worth full price. I can see what people mean about the open world being not that good. The first game had much more interesting open world. The city is dull and grey and you rushing past it (unless you are looking for collectables)
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jan 2013 19:22:17 13,802 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MGS3 on ps2...well I intend starting tonight. I have not played it for years, but loved it when I did play and think it is the best of the MGS series.

The Walking Dead on 360, only on chapter 1, but love it. Not a game per se, but it might be just what I need. A bit out of love with gaming the last few months.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RobTheBuilder 13 Jan 2013 19:29:24 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Keyboard and mouse is good for some things, but I know that ever since I bought a 360 pad I've played PC games a hell of a lot more
  • andy25801 13 Jan 2013 19:32:48 48 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar
    But for FPS's I get pnwed when I'm forced to use K&M.
    You must be doing it wrong.

Edited by andy25801 at 19:33:32 13-01-2013
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 13 Jan 2013 20:16:17 2,370 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @andy25801 Really, you think? Give the genius a frickin round of applause...

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 13 Jan 2013 20:18:29 2,370 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Keyboard and mouse is good for some things, but I know that ever since I bought a 360 pad I've played PC games a hell of a lot more
    Exactly, so have I. I play most (all in the past week) games on my PC now with a wireless 360 pad, rather than my PS3 which is gathering dust like the Wii...

• Agent_Llama 13 Jan 2013 20:31:59 3,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Risen 2: very cheap looking Pirate RPG but it looks like a real action RPG. Annoyingly game developers have the attitude of you have no pointers on where to go and shit map or dumbed down "go here to finish quest" (DA2, fable, ME3) etc FFS its not that black and white.
    You can press a button (X on 360)
    when reading the quest description to put a marker on the map. Agree though, it's a pretty poor map.

Risen 2 is my current game, enjoying it a lot. Great setting and sense of humour help to paper over some of the rather large cracks such as the clunky combat and little bugs.

Edited by Agent_Llama at 20:32:40 13-01-2013

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola

• Mr_Sleep 13 Jan 2013 20:32:56 16,240 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Same here in some ways, I play almost everything on my PC with a pad now, with the exception of FPS and RTS type things.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Darth_Flibble 13 Jan 2013 21:13:15 1,505 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agent_Llama wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Risen 2: very cheap looking Pirate RPG but it looks like a real action RPG. Annoyingly game developers have the attitude of you have no pointers on where to go and shit map or dumbed down "go here to finish quest" (DA2, fable, ME3) etc FFS its not that black and white.
    You can press a button (X on 360)
    when reading the quest description to put a marker on the map. Agree though, it's a pretty poor map.

Risen 2 is my current game, enjoying it a lot. Great setting and sense of humour help to paper over some of the rather large cracks such as the clunky combat and little bugs.
    thanks for the tip

Agree about the combat
  • andytheadequate 13 Jan 2013 21:17:49 7,954 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Same here in some ways, I play almost everything on my PC with a pad now, with the exception of FPS and RTS type things.
    Likewise. I found sleeping dogs unplayable until I used a controller.
  • YenooR 14 Jan 2013 23:32:32 526 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Went back to playing Dungeon Siege 3.Im going to try and complete it this time.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last