Darksiders 2
    Lego LOTR
    DayZ
    Dark Souls
    FM2013
  • Kovacs77 31 Dec 2012 09:46:03 363 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Far Cry 3 (PC), finished the story and I'm now struggling to muster the enthusiasm to clear the guard posts. Probably going to abandon it shortly.

Max Payne 3, two thirds of the way through and I'm absolutely loving it, yeah there's a lot of cutscenes but they look amazing and the story is really good so I've not minded. I think it might be my favourite game of the year.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 31 Dec 2012 19:42:48 2,370 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just started The Witcher 2 (PC). I did start it on the 360, but once I realised I'd be getting a gaming pc, I stopped playing knowing I'd get it on that.
    Jesus it's a gorgeous game, so colorful!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Ranger_Ryu 1 Jan 2013 01:39:54 974 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Star Trek Online
    Persona 4 Golden
    The Walking Dead
  • JBlokeUK 1 Jan 2013 08:56:23 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LittleBigPlanet Vita
    Devil May Cry 3
    Assassins Creed 2
    Final Fantasy 1 iPhone

I like it when he's angry.

• MadCaddy13 1 Jan 2013 09:06:54 1,840 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Resi 6 on the 360. Absolutely loving it. May go as far to say its my goty. Just done Leon's and Chris' campaign. The thing i hate about it though is you cannot pause the bloody thing to take a whizz or make a tea.
  • repairmanjack 1 Jan 2013 12:49:10 5,956 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Resi 6.

Finished Leon's campaign - dragged in the middle, but reasonably bearable Some tedious boss battles though.

Midway through Chris' campaign. Gears of War really was the worst thing to happen to the Resident Evil series, because - whilst it's better than the demo, thanks to them patching the fucking awful camera - this is merely a very clunky cover-shooter now.

I was expecting to hate the melee-based third campaign, but as I managed to do more damage as Leon with hand to hand (four bullets to the head doesn't put down some zombies now?!), it's actually the most efficient way of playing. Which suggests it's a tad broken.

Oh, really didn't appreciate random wankers invadiing my game, a la Dark Souls. Turned that off very quickly.

I still think Operation Raccoon City is the far better game. (Oddly, it's probably my most played title of the year.)
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Jan 2013 12:54:34 13,806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @repairmanjack
    Is ORC any good in sp campaign, can it even be played that way.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• repairmanjack 1 Jan 2013 14:25:01 5,956 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @repairmanjack
    Is ORC any good in sp campaign, can it even be played that way.
    That's pretty much how I played it. Online was buggy but eventually improved with a patch but I enjoyed the SP immensely. Co-op story mode worked well too. The best missions were the dlc ones though.
  • king26 1 Jan 2013 14:41:55 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FarCry 3-Outstanding game, loving every minute. Best fps of the year.

Batman AC- Very overrated in my opinion. 4 hours in, lucky I paid peanuts for it. inFamous 2 is a far superior superhero game.

Uncharted 3- Just finished the story mode again and the multiplayer is still as addictive as ever.

Also just bought L.A Noire but am not going to start it until I've completed FarCry 3. What are peoples thoughs on it?

Edited by king26 at 15:22:03 01-01-2013
  • Progguitarist 1 Jan 2013 14:59:00 10,316 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lone Survivor
    Planetside 2
    PlayStation all stars
    Metro 2033
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Jan 2013 17:36:47 3,546 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @king26

Agreed on every point there!

Funnily enough, i was playing LA Noire for the fortnight before I picked up FC3... It's good, kind of a slow burn to it, you'll probably play it a case at a time (mostly what i did), get sucked in and get stuck on it for hours, or put it on and turn it off as quick. Still have to finish it myself!
  • YenooR 1 Jan 2013 17:54:10 526 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started The Witcher 2. Fuck me the tutorial for combat is hard.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Jan 2013 18:37:21 2,370 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I found that as well. I also found that after starting the main game, I can't seem to parry anyone.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Jan 2013 18:39:44 2,370 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    @king26 "Batman AC- Very overrated in my opinion. 4 hours in, lucky I paid peanuts for it. inFamous 2 is a far superior superhero game."

Totally agree. Batman AC is the perfect example of the devs making the sequel bigger just for the sake of being bigger which is funny as when I was playing Arkhum Asylum I felt disappointed because it wasn't open world.

I also think Infamous 2 was abit crap though.
    I reckon Batman AC did everything AA did but bigger and better. Strange anyone would think otherwise.
    I've played Bats through once on the 360, and happily going through it again on the PS3. inFamous 2 however, can't seem to get into at all.

• Mr_Sleep 1 Jan 2013 18:45:18 16,247 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    YenooR wrote:
    Just started The Witcher 2. Fuck me the tutorial for combat is hard.
    The combat is hard until around the end of chapter 2 where upon one has the necessary skills and experience to not just get destroyed all the time.

I think the key thing to understand is the vigor, which is used up when casting a spell or blocking. The game is primarily about rolling away and distance from opponent. Try to keep everyone away and dodge in for some slashes. If you find that you're doing ridiculously over-the-top spins and lunges then that invariably means you're too far away when you attempt to attack.

I recently restarted on of my games on the dark setting and my arse is handed to me by everyone, three people took me down consistently, it's such a weird combat system that it takes a while to click. Once it does you should be able to cut through them, it's so odd that one has to relearn it every time. Stick with it though, once it clicks it is a fine combat system.

Oh and the aard sign is exceptionally useful early on.

You are a factory of sadness.

• B0rked_Gamer 1 Jan 2013 18:49:41 1,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    @king26 "Batman AC- Very overrated in my opinion. 4 hours in, lucky I paid peanuts for it. inFamous 2 is a far superior superhero game."

Totally agree. Batman AC is the perfect example of the devs making the sequel bigger just for the sake of being bigger which is funny as when I was playing Arkhum Asylum I felt disappointed because it wasn't open world.

I also think Infamous 2 was abit crap though.
    I reckon Batman AC did everything AA did but bigger and better. Strange anyone would think otherwise.
    I've played Bats through once on the 360, and happily going through it again on the PS3. inFamous 2 however, can't seem to get into at all.
    Arkham City is pure shite, very 'gamey' and designed to appeal to completionist mongs. Arkham Asylum is vastly superior.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Jan 2013 18:53:02 2,370 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    Arkham City is pure shite, very 'gamey' and designed to appeal to completionist mongs. Arkham Asylum is vastly superior.
    Eh? You're slagging a game off for being...'gamey'...? And because it has loads of hidden items/side quests....?
    I still don't get your hate for it.

• jonsaan 1 Jan 2013 18:53:41 25,249 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What?! It's a great game.

What the hell is wrong with being 'gamey'?!

FCUTA!

• B0rked_Gamer 1 Jan 2013 18:57:05 1,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes it's very gamey with pointless extraneous bullshit littering the map taking me out of the experience.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 19:00:07 7,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to agree:

AA was awesome.
    AC was a poor reflection.

AC is still a good game but I much preferred AA.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 19:03:07 7,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far Cry 3 has an excellent world. Preferred it to the GTAs.
  • jonsaan 1 Jan 2013 19:05:05 25,249 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I felt AA was good but needed fleshing out as a game world. AC did exactly that and I felt it was a much better game for it. Horses for courses I suppose.

FCUTA!

• Blakester 1 Jan 2013 19:05:31 3,347 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ignore the haters that haven't even played it, Nintendoland is still drawing squeals of delight from family and friends.

Comparisons with Wii Sports are a million miles off the mark in my opinion as this is far superior by having a great deal of depth in single player mode and insane replay value in multi-player. For pure entertainment this Xmas, the WiiU was great value for money.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• brigadier 1 Jan 2013 19:05:48 93 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest, I thought Asylum was a masterpiece and ultimately impossible to better and I knew the developers would struggle to give City the same impact. I think they did a fantastic job still considering and I find the combat much better in City, not sure why, just feels more fluid to me.
  • jonsaan 1 Jan 2013 19:06:05 25,249 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GTA4 was a very lifeless city outside of the main story. It felt like a step backwards compared to the games that preceeded it.

FCUTA!

• B0rked_Gamer 1 Jan 2013 19:20:10 1,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When I played Arkham Asylum at no point did I think it would be a better game if it was open world. The problem for Rocksteady and Warner was that the sequel had to carry the Arkham name and they probably couldn't set it in the Asylum again. Presumably the sequel to Arkham City will be what, Arkham City 2?
  • Page

of 237 First / Last