• bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Nov 2012 19:13:58 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, I enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur
  • whatthefu 2 Nov 2012 19:38:02 823 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NFS The Run
    Liked it at the start, apart from QTE. Now its getting annoying.

At 2 hours in I'm on stage 8. So it seems very short too.
  • Kanjin 3 Nov 2012 22:56:42 960 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Old Republic, not bad at all.
  • Deleted user 3 November 2012 23:00:03
    Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor and Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam :)
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 8 Nov 2012 15:58:38 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mark of the ninja and, because all the games of the moment seem to be racing games, I've bought Grid off Steam. Difficult but great looking at 1080p 60.

Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 15:59:01 08-11-2012
  • santashi 8 Nov 2012 16:01:10 4,926 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita.

I'm not really playing anything on the PS3 right now, even though I have games I could be playing. I seem to have got home console apathy...

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Armoured_Bear 8 Nov 2012 16:03:57 8,744 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The following on PC
    Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    The Witcher 2
    Metro 2033

Enjoying all of them, especially the stunning visuals.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• L_Franko Moderator 8 Nov 2012 16:16:55 9,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been stupid and started a load of games all at the same time.

Serious Sam 3
    Xcom - Enemy Unkown
    Fifa 13
    Need fo Speed Most Wanted
    Dark Souls

Then the games that I will always be coming to from time to time Like:
    Pinball FX 2
    Trials Evo

I really shouldn't buy any new games for at least the rest of the year but I nkow I will fail. Halo 4 is already halfway in my shopping basket.
  • Madder-Max 8 Nov 2012 16:17:36 11,565 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Red dead redemption. I lkove this game and MP is always well populated still. Imn playing through sp as an evil bastard murdering my way through the map. Its still as frsh now as when it came out. Sublime game

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Raiko101 8 Nov 2012 16:28:39 5,523 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metroid: Other M. One of many games on the Wii I own, but still haven't played through properly, thanks to Xenoblade. I don't mind the story, but I wish they'd allow you to use the nuchuck for movement. It just isn't all that great with the d-pad.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• spamdangled 8 Nov 2012 16:56:37 27,197 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not sure if "playing" is the right word, but I'm oddly addicted to Curiosity.

In terms of "proper" games, Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TechnoHippy 8 Nov 2012 17:01:16 14,636 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just started Halo 4 - I'm enjoying it so far, although it's early days.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Stranded87 8 Nov 2012 17:11:21 767 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All sorts of things on my new iPad 4:

Broken Sword 2, Bastion, Imperium Galactica 2, Avernum 6 and more. I realise these are all available on PC too, but I like playing them on a tablet. The iPad really is amazing for games, I'd say it's the best portable console. Which is good, because it's basically useless for most other things.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 8 Nov 2012 17:21:19 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    yeah the phase you go through, where you're constantly googling for shit that's worth buying from the app store is really fun.

Because the ipad and its games are released so quickly and with not much fanfare, to discover the gems takes work and luck.
  • gelf 8 Nov 2012 17:24:35 183 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead Rising 2

I'm enjoying it but I'm not sure why as most of the missions annoy me in some way. I wish there were more entrances to the safehouse as I'm sick of seeing the route back and forth to it. Also fighting the psychopaths I'm never sure if I'm too low a level to fight them or just doing it wrong.

My poor memory of where stuff I want to combine is located doesn't help either.
  • -cerberus- 8 Nov 2012 17:36:58 2,064 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got Motorstorm: Arctic Edge (PSP) for less than a tenner. Impulse buy, my first and only Motorstorm game. I'm not a big racing fan and the Wipeout series is the only one I've been really interested in since the very beginning (Wipeout 3 Special Edition being my all-time favourite).
    Arctic Edge is exactly what I've been craving for: simple, clean, fast-paced racing fun. ON ICE! :D Graphics are very impressive for a PSP title but the dreamlike controls & smooth framerate are this game's true assets. Mediocre soundtrack though but luckily there's custom soundtrack support!

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Baleoce 8 Nov 2012 18:11:08 1,169 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Assassin's Creed III Liberations, came digitally "bundled". I do want to get through it, but I won't lie if I say I'm doing it mostly to free up 3GB on my memory card.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Armoured_Bear 15 Nov 2012 10:18:53 8,744 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dead Island (PC)
    I spent an hour on this and I'm not that impressed, it gave me motion sickness and as appealing as wandering round a paradise island killing zombies is, it seemed a bit dull. I went as the Hong Kong girlie.
    Does it get better?

Batman : Arkham City(PC)
    Looks lovely and plays like the first which I liked but it's not grabbing me yet, can't put my finger on why.

Asassin's Creed II(PC)
    I wanted to play through some of this with the improved PC visuals, draw distance etc.
    However the 360 controller settings are screwed and it's a mess to play :-(

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 10:25:45 15-11-2012

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DUFFMAN5 15 Nov 2012 10:28:29 13,797 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still can't get into any one game :( Playing some Gears 1 campaign + mp. Gears 3 of course, just started halo 4.

Recently started:
    ACIII 4 hours in and sold it!
    Forza H...sold
    Uncharted 3...4 odd hours in.
    ACIII Lib...sold, including selling the psvita.
    NFS MW did get to 90+% single player, hated MP...you guessed it, it has been sold.
    Rocksmith (although not really a game) not played for weeks.

Need to go back to my way of playing one thing through to the end before even looking at another game I think.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• andywilkie35 15 Nov 2012 10:29:27 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On the commute I'm playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on Vita. Almost 10 hours in and living up to it's predecessor 999.

At home I've borrowed my brother's PS3 as mine blew up back in July. Getting a new one for Christmas but borrowed his anyway and was considering getting back into Dark Souls or trying to blitz through Uncharted 2 but at the moment all my time is being taken up with Halo 4's multiplayer. Only bothered with two levels of the campaign but can't stop playing it online.

Which is a testament to it really. Multiplayer for me is pretty exclusively shite unless it's co-op, competitive I've never got on with. But this, like Halo 3 and Reach, is something else.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Zizoo 15 Nov 2012 10:33:25 7,683 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

:confused: Didn't you just buy your Vita a week ago? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
  • Gunzberg 15 Nov 2012 10:41:53 916 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Too Human

it's only getting worse and worse through absolutely crap game design.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Quint2020 15 Nov 2012 11:11:02 3,484 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's been a quiet year for me in terms of gaming (I've not played anything since The Witcher 2 on 360!).

Well a few weeks a go I finally got tired of staring at the new releases and seeing nothing that took my fancy and decided to look back on some releases that I'd missed so I'm currently playing the following:

Ridge Racer Unbounded
    Syndicate
    Bayonetta

Of the three it's RR Unbounded that has really grabbed me, Edge's review is spot on in my opinion but I can't say I was expecting anything less from the studio that bought us the FlatOut series, Ultimate Carnage is probably my favourite arcade racer of this entire generation!

Syndicate I picked up again because of who developed it, the Riddick games as well as the original Darkess really grabbed me and I've followed Starbreeze ever since, unfortunately Syndicate doesn't quite live up to those games' legacy, there are flashes of Starbreeze's signature brilliance and it's a prefectly competent shooter with some nice ideas but I can't shake the feeling that it was rushed out the door...

Bayonetta is a game I've tried to play in the past generally because of the reviews it recieved upon release along with the fact that I love me a good hack and slash but for whatever reason it's never grabbed me and unfortunately it seems the same is true today, I think maybe it's the setting...?
  • warlockuk 15 Nov 2012 11:31:57 19,101 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Too Human

it's only getting worse and worse through absolutely crap game design.
    I liked the combat, or rather... using the sticks to point at what he should rush towards and hit. Unskippable Death Sequence though is the utter bane of that game.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• L_Franko Moderator 15 Nov 2012 11:36:59 9,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Too Human was awesome, I loved both playthroughs.
    Kind of wish I still had it now as I fancy a sesh.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 15 Nov 2012 11:43:40 36,267 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dead Island (PC)
    I spent an hour on this and I'm not that impressed, it gave me motion sickness and as appealing as wandering round a paradise island killing zombies is, it seemed a bit dull. I went as the Hong Kong girlie.
    Does it get better?
    Nope, in fact it gets much worse. Act 2 sees you going into a grey city, introduces gangs with guns then as a final kick in the balls then has you going back and forth through the same sewers for literally hours.

Terrible game.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• magicpanda 15 Nov 2012 12:30:01 13,006 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dead Island (PC)
    Does it get better?
    Nope, in fact it gets much worse. Act 2 sees you going into a grey city, introduces gangs with guns then as a final kick in the balls then has you going back and forth through the same sewers for literally hours.

Terrible game.
    Absolutely bloody hilarious in coop however.

Finally finished The Ballad of Gay Tony for GTA IV last night. The extra padding was a bit crap bar the base jumping and I think I preferred Lost and the Damned out of all 3 stories but overall it was a very enjoyable ride. Looks great on PC. shame the Mulitplayer is dead.
  • hypoBla5t 15 Nov 2012 12:51:48 1,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been getting my loot fix with the excellent Torchlight 2, possibly my GOTY tbh, Mapworks in particular is a triumph. Just starting my second playthrough an an Embermage.

Balancing that out with Battlefield 3 also on PC, had the 360 version but bought the premium edition for 20 over Hallowe'en on Origin. As its 2XXP this week I've been playing that more to level up all my kits. 20000 for an assault service star? Yes please!!
  • ResidentKnievel 15 Nov 2012 12:52:22 5,870 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bully: Scholarship Edition

It's great, a very humorous fighting/open-world game. Thanks to my crappy memory I've completely forgot playing it on the PS2 so it's like experiencing it for the first time all over again.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• -cerberus- 15 Nov 2012 13:19:16 2,064 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ResidentKnievel Love this game :) Which version are you playing, Wii or 360?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Page

of 237 First / Last