What are you currently playing? Page 160

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• santashi 15 Oct 2012 09:33:50 4,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've gone back to playing Just Cause 2 (hijacking helicopters) and Project Diva f (improving my score on easy/normal songs and working my way through hard songs) while trying to decide what in my to-do pile to tackle next.

I thought I'd finish off the shorter games first but I'm not sure that any of them are short! Almost all RPGs and open world games.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• RedSparrows 15 Oct 2012 10:04:20 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM
  • Murbal 15 Oct 2012 10:18:00 21,547 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM
    Is that some sort of code?
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Oct 2012 10:42:34 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PN03 ... fun but control seem much more sluggish than I recall.
  • robthehermit 15 Oct 2012 11:12:07 3,831 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Borderlands 2, Trials Evo, Pinball FX2. Mrs Hermit plays Minecraft and Bejewelled 3. It's a pain in the arse trying to get her off the Xbox these days. To all you people out there who, like me, wished your other half would spend time playing games with you. Stop wishing. Right now. It's horrible. Also don't get Netflix on your Xbox either. Unless you like having conversations that start with 'Why should I have to sit here watching you play games when we could be watching a film.'. Seriously, between Minecraft and Bejewelled getting 9 hours each last week and about the same on Netflix, I was lucky to have scraped through with 14 hours of Borderlands and 6 of Pinball.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Raiko101 16 Oct 2012 01:01:25 5,545 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robthehermit Sounds like you need a handheld!

I've een playing Counter Strike and La Mulana recently. Can't decide if I like the latter. It's an odd one. It's a very 'open' game and you're thrown into the deep end straight away. You're entirely on your own with this one.

It sounds great, but the execution doesn't compare to the likes of Super Metroid. With that game, whilst it's not as open as La Mulana, it teaches you how to play the game. How to think. And motivates you. It makes you want to explore every nook and cranny. It makes you want to find those extra health tanks and upgrades. It's easier to remember those areas you've yet to explore, or those rooms that were previously inaccessible. That's what makes Super Metroid so rewarding to play.

There's absolutely none of that to be found here. You pretty much have access to the whole game from the word go. Or at least it feels that way. You're given one important piece of advice, which is that you'll need to collect and use weights to activate switches, and then you're pretty much on your own. For a while, it's quite enjoyable exploring, finding clues and solving puzzles, but you don't really feel as if you're making any substantial progress. You receive emails from time to time, which i've been using to track my progress, but they seeming come through in the most random order (They're all numbered).

My biggest problem is that I feel i'm exploring too far into the underground. It just keeps on going. I do enjoy solving the puzzles, but perhaps I just don't have the patience to cover such a big area in one go. I'd like the idea that other areas are locked off until you solve the area your in.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Syrette 16 Oct 2012 01:56:39 41,876 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @robthehermit

Sounds like you need a second console/screen.

• andytheadequate 16 Oct 2012 09:39:43 7,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A handheld is an excellent idea if you like JRPGs. I bought a psp and the number of quality games available is ridiculous.

Currently utterly addicted to trials evolution. Think I will try and take a break from it and play a few new games. Only have walking dead and the maw to play on the Xbox but grandia and valkyria chronicles 2 to complete on the psp and final fantasy tactics and 7 to begin. I'm also looking at buying a gaming pc...
  • Paulie_P 16 Oct 2012 15:15:08 395 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished Portal so next on the list will be Sagat in SFIV followed by 1-2 weeks of Dark Souls.
  • Murbal 16 Oct 2012 15:16:56 21,547 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still loving Binary Domain. You need to play Binary Domain!
  • kinky_mong 16 Oct 2012 16:37:15 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started Assassin's Creed: Revalations, and it's a bit rubbish so far. Will give it a chance to get going though.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Gunzberg 16 Oct 2012 16:40:21 929 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Game of Thrones RPG

It is really quite good. And decent length. About 20 hrs in and only about 70% through.

Quite a bargain in the Steam sale. Has the voice actors from the HBO series, a story by Martin and a plot that ties in nicely with the lore.

Think I am enjoying this more than Dragon Age 2 and is possibly as much fun as I had with the Witcher 2

If you're into the books and the series I do encorage you to spend your gold on this

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• whatthefu 16 Oct 2012 18:23:41 823 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Started Assassin's Creed: Revalations, and it's a bit rubbish so far. Will give it a chance to get going though.
    Is there much platforming/tombs?
    having recently visited some nice historic churches, i was reminded of ass creed brotherhood and wouldn't mind some more exploration like that.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 23:36:00
    XCom, Borderlands 2, Dishonored and NiGHTs. All utterly fabulous. Typing with pad on xbox is a bit tough.
  • FuzzyDuck 17 Oct 2012 00:36:28 3,546 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gave Rocksmith the heave-ho and picked up LA Noire and Lollipop Chainsaw in its place. Both are good (and very different games to each other) so far!

I'm dabbling in Tekken Tag 2 for my fighting fun, and i'm also getting stuck into Demon's Souls to keep my Dark Souls withdrawal symptoms at bay!
  • Syrette 17 Oct 2012 00:44:33 41,876 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Once I'm done with Dishonored I'm back to having next to nothing to play until AC3 starts the October/November onslaught of new titles.

Tempted to rent something to fill the gap but nothing comes to mind. Maybe Forza Horizon but that's a week away.

• Trafford 17 Oct 2012 01:05:25 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    XCom. Loving it, the game drags some serious emotions out of you.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 15:07:21
    Syrette wrote:
    Once I'm done with Dishonored I'm back to having next to nothing to play until AC3 starts the October/November onslaught of new titles.

Tempted to rent something to fill the gap but nothing comes to mind. Maybe Forza Horizon but that's a week away.
    I'm a bit like that at the moment. Just finished dark souls. and have nothing to sort of fill the gap till then. Started a NG+ on DS. There are few psn titles i'm yet to pick up. Hoping for the luanch of the new store there might be sales today.
  • TechnoHippy 17 Oct 2012 15:30:21 14,642 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    XCOM at the moment and a damn fine game it is too!

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 18 October 2012 20:42:09
    So now doing some NG+ On dark souls. And started dead space 2 for a second time.

Although at the time, Dead space 2, i enjoyed, i felt it never matched the first. But i just arrived at the church, and really loving it. The production values are amazing. probably the bests this gen? Graphics are so clean and nice. Shooting limbs of enemies and then using them to finish them off never gets old.

I want to finish it through, but i ordered saints row 3, so not sure if i will. I normally just put in cod for a few days to last me off, but never intended of starting a game again.
  • -cerberus- 22 Oct 2012 21:34:33 2,099 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Playing through Saw (x360) again this week. By no means a good game but I've got to be honest here; the atmosphere is dead-on, you feel extremely vulnerable as there is a constant feeling of dread, knowing that death literally lurks around each and every corner. And compared to Silent Spin-off Homecoming - because it appears to be running on the same engine it's five times the survival horror game Homecoming should've been. I'd say give it a chance if you manage to find a very cheap used copy, there's definitely something to like about it. However, avoid the sequel at all costs.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• MrWonderstuff 22 Oct 2012 21:37:31 1,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Gunzberg this is on my to buy list.
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Oct 2012 21:42:48 16,267 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    So now doing some NG+ On dark souls. And started dead space 2 for a second time.

Although at the time, Dead space 2, i enjoyed, i felt it never matched the first. But i just arrived at the church, and really loving it. The production values are amazing. probably the bests this gen? Graphics are so clean and nice. Shooting limbs of enemies and then using them to finish them off never gets old.
    Funny thing for me this game, I really enjoyed the first one but I find I very rarely ever want to play the second. I've become a bit bored of it and I can't figure out why. I do think so of the grimness of the whole thing leaves me less inclined to play it too.

You are a factory of sadness.

• -cerberus- 23 Oct 2012 14:14:39 2,099 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sweet! Got me the xbox versions of Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 & Earned in Blood off of eBay last week and they just arrived this morning.
    Finished my first playthrough of Hell's Highway (x360) last week and didn't like it very much. However, I am replaying the game on Authentic and for some reason it just clicks with me.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Raiko101 1 Nov 2012 20:51:05 5,545 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gradius on the NES, on my 3DS. I'm enjoying it, but can't get past the two volcanoes near the beginning lol.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• jabberwoky 2 Nov 2012 19:02:09 441 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kingdoms of Amalur. Seems a bit easy so pushing it up to hard. Quite impressed so far, its certainly dead easy to pick up all the moves and the inventory screen is a breeze to understand. Great colour to the game.
  • jabberwoky 2 Nov 2012 19:02:39 441 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Nov 2012 19:13:02 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fix
  • Page

of 238 First / Last