What are you currently playing? Page 159

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• dancingrob 8 Oct 2012 11:42:30 1,132 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    two 'main' games plus two fillers for whenever I have a spare 20 minutes or so.

RDR Undead Nightmare - just started this, much campier than I expected, but enjoyable so far

Portal 2 co-op - about halfway through, and generally playing one chamber per week when both me and my co-op partner are available

Rock Band Blitz - going for the final achievement, where you need to gold star the 25 songs from the main game. just 5 left, three of which the internet says aren't particularly tricky

FM12 Handheld - the perfect version for me, seeing as the last game I played on a regular basis was CM0102. Easy to drop in to play a game or two whilst waiting for dinner to cook etc. and doesn't require constant tinkering / a full takeover of yourt life. I've managed to get Stockport a double promotion. Now if only the same would happen in real life...
  • Kew1Melon 8 Oct 2012 12:08:28 180 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Currently sinking my teeth into Borderlands 2 and Dragons Dogma, BL2 feels just like more of the same, which is great. Dragons Dogma seems to me like Dark Souls' softer brother, still painfully brutal but not as much as DS.

You have an imagination barrier.

• andytheadequate 8 Oct 2012 12:43:51 7,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been playing grandia on the psp. I'm enjoying it but I find the dungeons and the combat a little dull so far. My other issue with it is the inventory management aspect of it.

Hopefully it will grip me more the more I play, but at the moment considering going back to valkyria chronicles 2.

I'm also playing the new trials evo tracks
  • andywilkie35 8 Oct 2012 12:46:34 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Nooo! The combat is one of the best systems out there! Been years since I played it so maybe it opens up a lot later...

How far in are you? The story gets much better as it goes on, the start is very basic.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 8 October 2012 14:16:30
    RE6 co-op

Contrary to the negative onslaught, Ive managed to draw a lot of fun out of this game. Yes there are some unquestionable setbacks, more so apparent in single player where things can get very awkward, most of the time resulting in some supremely messy, unweildy situations. I can see the majority of people running into problems while playing single player tbh and would advise them to avoid it. In co-op though, its a perfectly competent action game, far from being fundamentally broken and nothing but enjoyable.

No, it may not be the Resi game we have all been clamouring for, but as I said in the RE6 thread, if you can get "its not a survival horror" out of your head, dismiss some of the minor annoyances and find yourself a reliable co-op partner there is plenty of fun to be found.

Its not a game thats going to set the world alight, nope, but its not a game thats going to end it either.

Edited by TearYouAsunder at 14:18:00 08-10-2012
  • dominalien 8 Oct 2012 16:09:49 6,742 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been playing with some random people and yes, it's fun with another person, even someone who'll probably just quit at the next checkpoint. Did some parts solo when no-one turned up and they were less fun for it.

PSN: DonOsito

• santashi 8 Oct 2012 18:04:50 4,933 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    New Little King's Story on the Vita. Great fun - one of those games that works particularly well on a portable system. The only aspect of which I'm not a fan is the alchemy. Three (actual) hours to create an item that might be a failure anyway. Bit brutal. The rest of the game is highly enjoyable, with some pleasingly innovative boss fights. I have a feeling I'm past the halfway point now, which makes me rather sad.

Machinarium on the PS3 (PS+ game). That noughts and crosses game! Possibly the most evil gaming sequence I've played in a long time.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• hshaidar 9 Oct 2012 11:20:04 9 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Playstation is one of my best friend at home but when I am away I usually play facebook games like Requiem
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Oct 2012 11:47:40 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm playing Skyrim again. The first time I played it, I burned out after about 30hours of OCD looting and selling absolutely everything down to the last leather greave.

This time I'm getting into and paying more attention to the story. I'm at about level 17 and enjoying it much more than I thought I would. Thinking it would be stale I mean.
  • Paulie_P 12 Oct 2012 12:00:30 395 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just started playing Project Zero 2 on the Wii. The enemies seem to have taken a massive health leap between chapter 2 and chapter 3 so I'm considering whether to start again on easy or not because last night I was fighting an enemy, taking a photograph then running past, turning and repeat for literally 20 times before it died. Then I ran round the corner and there was another enemy that seemed to take even less damage every time I snapped so I gave up there and then.
  • andytheadequate 12 Oct 2012 13:29:25 7,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @andywilkie35 - sure it will pick up, but the battles have all been very easy so far. Just got to the new world after the boat trip...

will stick with it though. I'm enjoying it just hasn't gripped me yet. Saying that it took me ages to get into chrono trigger and I ended up loving that
  • -cerberus- 12 Oct 2012 13:41:42 2,098 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thought I'd give Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (360) another chance. Frankly, this is one hell of a terrible strategic shooter. From the shoddy Shaving Ryan's Privates cinematic style to the monotonously-spoken dialogues, sub-par audio mix, stiff movement and wooden animations. And even though I welcome the strategic approach with open arms, all of it is just so bloody repetitive and I got tired of having to endure the same scenario's over and over again. Incoming Nazis, surpressing fire, flank, elimination. There's nothing wrong with this except for the fact that it's so poorly executed and offers very little variation. It's like the developers expect me to have no recollection of what I was doing five minutes ago. I will see it through to the end, simply because I'm a tenacious bastard.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Oct 2012 13:44:38 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I loved that. I'm a sucker for anything about the second world war though.
  • Mikeeeboy1 12 Oct 2012 14:01:52 167 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Me too Bitch loved brothers in arms.
    It's a shame people didn't give it a chance.
    660 points just to finish the campaign as well !!
  • -cerberus- 12 Oct 2012 14:26:02 2,098 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm a sucker for WWII games as well (depends on the type of game though) but supposedly the previous two BiA games are a lot better. I will most certainly look 'em up when I'm done with Hell's Highway.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Raiko101 12 Oct 2012 15:07:04 5,541 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm currently gunning for the 72,000 zombie kills in Dead Rising 2. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it's because i'm just 3 achievements away from finishing it off completely. However, it's incredibly boring. If achievements were to disappear with the next generation, i'd probably be a happier person.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• King_Edward 13 Oct 2012 14:48:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Just started Silent Hill on PSOne. I know most PSOne games have aged poorly but fuck me this game is old! Still really creepy though.
    [/Quote]
    To add to this, I now remember why they used to give you a "notes" section at the back of every manual. I'm currently taking photos of all the obscure riddles. :)
  • CharlieStCloud 13 Oct 2012 15:10:56 4,677 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    To add to this, I now remember why they used to give you a "notes" section at the back of every manual. I'm currently taking photos of all the obscure riddles ... : )
    Those were the days...

I am juggling between the new Trials Evolution DLC and a mish-mash of Arcade Kinect games such as Fruit Ninja, Happy Action Theatre and Hole in the Wall (bit crap this one though).
  • JoeBlade 13 Oct 2012 17:55:43 2,413 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've become completely engrossed with L.A. Noire (PC) all of a sudden.

It's been sitting on my drive since some Steam sale and the first few missions didn't quite entice me. Now I got past them I have trouble putting the game back down.
    Certainly quite a few rough edges but I love the investigations themselves, the story and the style. I don't understand the amount criticism it received upon release at all.
  • Gunzberg 13 Oct 2012 22:32:56 929 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Steam Sale of 75% off has led me to pick up both the Game of Thrones games for 16Eur

Started the RPG and enjoying it so far, though the graphics are sub-par, the combat clunky and the camera way too close to the characters, the tie in to the series and the books (R.R. Martin developed the plot for the game) is sublime.

Also started on Darksiders 2, just finished the first dungeon

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• whatthefu 13 Oct 2012 23:27:25 823 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Started Sleeping Dogs last night, am enjoying it.
    GTA meets Arkham asylum :D
  • jack24 13 Oct 2012 23:35:00 284 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I'm currently gunning for the 72,000 zombie kills in Dead Rising 2. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it's because i'm just 3 achievements away from finishing it off completely. However, it's incredibly boring. If achievements were to disappear with the next generation, i'd probably be a happier person.
    Turn notifications off and you can be rid of them this gen.

/has never understood achievements :/
  • BryanAKADJ 15 Oct 2012 06:45:08 271 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pokémon White-WHAT? YES I'M STILL PLAYING POkéMON, THERE I SAID IT. Geez.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2012 07:01:40 8,748 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    20 hours intoThe Last Story, brilliant game.
    I'm desperately trying to finish it before I have to post it along with the Wii and all games to the buyer.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Agent_Llama 15 Oct 2012 07:14:26 3,248 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BryanAKADJ wrote:
    Pokémon White-WHAT? YES I'M STILL PLAYING POkéMON, THERE I SAID IT. Geez.
    Have been merrily playing Black 2 all weekend. :-)

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola

• Vortex808 15 Oct 2012 08:43:55 6,566 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally started Dishonored last night. It's going to be a tough battle between that and Borderlands 2 for my gaming time for the bext few weeks. At least I am nearing the end of Borderlands2 now.

Both superb games. :)
  • Murbal 15 Oct 2012 08:47:13 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Binary Domain. It's happily keeping me from XCOM and Dishonered. What a great game!
  • Vortex808 15 Oct 2012 09:10:02 6,566 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Binary Domain. It's happily keeping me from XCOM and Dishonered. What a great game!
    Still not started that yet. It is in 'the pile' though.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last