What are you currently playing? Page 156

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• TOOTR 22 Sep 2012 08:58:13 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Digging into my backlog and have started Bioshock 2 (knowing Bioshock Infinite will be here sooner or later). It's good so far. Nice to be back in Rapture - I was one of the ones that loved Bioshock.

Max Payne 3 is ok in small doses - I'm playing it in 20 minute bursts as then it seems like a pick up and play XBLA title instead of a repetitive mammoth slog.

Playing Solar2 on XBIG - pretty zen.

Oh and for some random reason - played Full House Poker on XBLA yesterday for hours and thoroughly enjoyed it!

All these things are about to be ignored though - I pick up Borderlands 2 tomorrow...

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• MrWonderstuff 22 Sep 2012 23:28:35 1,855 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dark Souls PC - Bitching hard at times but quite addictive. Lots of things I don't understand so wikis have been helpful.

FTL - Lordy and there's me thinking I'm a graphics whore. Lovely little game and bloody addictive.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 22 Sep 2012 23:51:46 2,370 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Borderlands 2. Effin great.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• ToonMonkey 23 Sep 2012 01:01:48 301 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dark Souls. Borderlands 2. Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD. All on PC.

Fucking superb little spell of gaming right now. Best in aaaages.
  • BryanAKADJ 23 Sep 2012 06:34:13 271 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pokémon Soul Silver

Yeah!
    Beat the Elite Four & Champion on my first run.
    With:
    Meganium Lvl. 42
    Lugia Lvl. 47
    Gyarados Lvl. 43
    Vulpix Lvl. 42
    Umbreon Lvl. 43
    Espeon Lvl. 45

I swept the Elite Four quite easily with my varied team, but I kept using revives over and over on Lance, eventually finishing him off with Lugia.

ONWARDS.

To Kanto.....

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Syrette 23 Sep 2012 08:44:38 41,802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    Playing Solar2 on XBIG - pretty zen.
    Hmm, might have to try this based on those two words alone...

• bobmar360 23 Sep 2012 08:46:48 878 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Borderlands 2. Effin great.
    This
  • TechnoHippy 23 Sep 2012 10:17:58 14,636 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've just started Dogfight 1942, quite good fun so far. Although it does make me wish there was a new Battlestations game.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Raiko101 23 Sep 2012 14:01:39 5,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing Dead Rising 2 at the minute. I took the dive, having no response to the thread I revived on these forums, but having been impressed with Case Zero.

It was worth it. The controls, as expected, remain stiff and awkward at times. Some of the Psychopaths are, as expected, unfairly difficult. Overall though, it's a good game. Just a shame the scenery hasn't changed much and the main issues with the original game haven't been improved much. At least they improved the survivor AI, which has toned down the frustration a little.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Mr_Sleep 23 Sep 2012 14:16:42 16,236 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Playing Dead Rising 2 at the minute. I took the dive, having no response to the thread I revived on these forums, but having been impressed with Case Zero.

It was worth it. The controls, as expected, remain stiff and awkward at times. Some of the Psychopaths are, as expected, unfairly difficult. Overall though, it's a good game. Just a shame the scenery hasn't changed much and the main issues with the original game haven't been improved much. At least they improved the survivor AI, which has toned down the frustration a little.
    Great game, I have never played it on my HD telly, I really should load it up sometime. I think the issues with the original game are one of those things that make it great. It's so broken that it makes for a more tense affair. As you say though, the improvement of hte survivor AI did improve it a great deal.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Stranded87 23 Sep 2012 14:28:21 767 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm re-playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for the first time in years. It's even better than I remembered it being so far, just jaw-droppingly good. I'd go so far as to say it's better than the first Deus Ex (I consider them somewhat similar despite very different settings).

But...I seem to recall that things start to fall apart near the end, in which case I may yet change my mind.
  • monty2k 23 Sep 2012 14:37:53 240 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rugby '08 (emulated and upscaled on my PS3 fatty)

I've been working from home this weekend and I've been rewarding myself by taking breaks with rugby 08 and taking Scotland through the rugby world cup. I'm up against Australia next in the Quarter-Finals and dreading it! I'd really love to play a current-gen version though.

My question is does anyone have Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge? Even though it's been out for nearly a year it's still £28-£30. Is it worth that price? Or should I go for the apparently much crappier official game for £10?
  • Raiko101 23 Sep 2012 17:01:54 5,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:

Great game, I have never played it on my HD telly, I really should load it up sometime. I think the issues with the original game are one of those things that make it great. It's so broken that it makes for a more tense affair. As you say though, the improvement of hte survivor AI did improve it a great deal.
    I don't mind a challenge, but I do wish more thought had gone into the Psychopaths and bosses. Most of them are unfairly difficult. They're incredibly cheap and it leads to unnecessary frustration. :(

• PhoenixFlames 24 Sep 2012 07:51:37 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zelda Minish Cap. Never played a Zelda properly before. I'm enjoying the story and the simple gameplay.

Got a bit stuck trying to find something to hold a switch down that doesn't seem to be there but I'm sure I'll find a guide online.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• uk-kob 24 Sep 2012 08:51:17 126 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Borderlands 2, im about halfway through my first play through, its a fantastic game! everything i expected and more, after recently playing BL1.
  • Vortex808 24 Sep 2012 09:33:23 6,556 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Borderlands 2. I'm not sure I'll be playing much else for quite a long time now, it's as great as I hoped it would be. I'll still join in the occasional EG group game of Gears 3, but I think that'll be it.

Dishonored may well be sitting in cellophane for a while after it arrives...

Edit:I'm thinking about it and loot/guns just now, not work.

/currently slightly obssessed

Edited by Vortex808 at 09:35:07 24-09-2012
  • Deleted user 24 September 2012 09:38:03
    Better than the first then vortex?
  • Vortex808 24 Sep 2012 09:45:24 6,556 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have had a rifle that fires rockets since about level 8.

I loved the first, and am happy for more of the same, but this is fine-tuned and cranked up a few notches more. It's still as crazy, enjoyable and funny as before. I had to stop myself playing it at about 1 or 1:30 this morning so I could get up in time for work and to take our son to school.

If that doesn't speak volumes about it, then I don't know what does!

Also, although I'm old enough to know better, I still wish I was at home playing it right now!

:)
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Sep 2012 09:49:58 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really struggling to play/enjoy games at the moment. Played a few hours of Borderlands 2 and while I can already see that it is awesome, I have no real desire to play it.
    I have several GOTY editions of games so might well start one of those. I'm thinking Fallout NV or Dragons Age. Maybe a good single player rpg is what I need. I think I have left DD and Witcher 2 too long, would need to start again.

I'm hoping Dishonored relights my gaming mojo.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 24 September 2012 09:50:31
    That's good enough for me, can't wait to get my hands on this.
  • warlockuk 24 Sep 2012 10:57:14 19,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Torchlight 2 for me; Borderlands 2 is in the queue.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Nitrous 24 Sep 2012 15:10:53 239 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was Just Cause 2 thanks to PSN+ but now that Amzon/RM have finally got my 360 copy of borderlands 2 sent to me I'm playing that instead.
  • jellyhead 24 Sep 2012 16:08:35 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Two Worlds II Velvet Edition but no the Piratey DLC yet, hope i haven't borked it.

I'm having a great time to be honest. My Necro Mage with his 10 Skeleton or Death Knight army is fun, fun, fun! I've a summons attached to a blinding flash missile :) Point at target, click, blinding bolt stuns and blinds them and then a Skelly appears and starts beating them up while i stand far back casting more skelly missiles and fireballs :) Great magic system!

It's like a Harryhausen film at times :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• BryanAKADJ 26 Sep 2012 03:54:36 271 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Resident Evil: Revelations

GODDAMNIT. I've been stuck on Jills part for half an hour-by that I mean I've looked and been looking everywhere using the scanner thing after every step I take and making 0 progress other than finding a grenade and 5 bullets. I'm on the part where you wake up after being knocked out or whatever after Chris' first part. I got my stuff back, have to get to the bridge somehow and I can't find anything anywhere to progress-I swear I've looked everywhere, I found a hand print on a turkey, but that did fuck all.
    Also, I LOVE. LOVE LOVE LOVE. How the enemies just don't attack your partner whatsoever-even just walking past him to get to you and how he just watches you when they grab you and try to eat your face off.
    THATS JUST GREAT. I'd rather do this solo than have a ghost-but-not-really-ghost-also-stupid AI partner

EDIT - I found progress, I wish Jill would've said "Just hacking my knife at this heavy thick metal chain should do it" Instead of "Grr a padlock" or whatever.

Edited by BryanAKADJ at 07:00:08 26-09-2012

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• -cerberus- 26 Sep 2012 09:46:25 2,083 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Still awesome! Incidentally, this is one of the few last-gen games that truly deserves an HD makeover.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• darkengy 26 Sep 2012 10:36:40 98 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stuck with the first part of Battlefield 3 Campaign

• Raiko101 26 Sep 2012 10:39:07 5,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    de Blob 2

Had this sitting on the shelf longer than any other game I can think of. Bought it a few months after release, but never really got in the mood for it for some reason.

I enjoyed the first game on the Wii, and for the most part this is pretty much the same affair. However, I don't remember that camera being so poor. It actually fights you for control half the time. It's comfortably the worst camera since Mario 64. It's movement can be unexpected at times and on the later levels can result in unfair deaths. It's as if it's so excited by itself it wants to wonder.

A couple of the levels just go on for too long. You can quit out of them after checkpoints, which is fine, but I don't like coming back to uncompleted levels in this one. I'm a completionist and I like to build up a mental map of a level, to make collecting those hidden items easier. Maps for each of the stages would solve this problem, but you really only get an 'impression' from the level select screen, before playing each stage.

It is, as ever, satisfying to see a level just build up colour as you roll all over it.

• Deleted user 26 September 2012 10:43:45
    What system you playing it on raiko?

I think it is a great game.(never played the first) but do agree with your critcism. The camera is a bit iffy, and the later levels are massive. a couple of times i was spending ages searching for a couple of collectibles. but it never wholly put me off. Enjoyed it so much i got 100 percent trophies on it.

Currently playing Lumines Supernova whilst waiting for dark souls to come. Def more suited to handheld rather than consoles, but the advanced mode is easily satisfying my lumines desires. Its my birthday in a couple of weeks so might ask for some money and pick up a vita for 'cheap' and lumines. (then gravity rush and LBP)
  • andywilkie35 26 Sep 2012 10:46:12 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock 2 - planning on smashing it over the next two evenings so I can resume Borderlands 2 co-op on Friday when my brother returns.

On the commute its a mixture of Miles Edgeworth on 3DS and FFVI on Vita, although more the former at the mo as the Vita consistently has problems saying the memory card has been taken out. Piece of shit!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Afiddes 26 Sep 2012 10:47:39 1,164 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    little big planet has taken over from persona 3 though i plan to get back to that at some point (i hope) also a bit into a play through of MGS3 :S

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Page

of 237 First / Last