What are you currently playing? Page 155

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Ironlungs76 17 Sep 2012 10:59:38 4,930 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Hi andy!

fwiw, once I'm done on FF9 I was also looking to replay Grandia (or Breath of Fire 3 or 4 not sure, probably 4 tbh).

No advice one way or the other, just thought it odd that Grandia was also towards the top of my 'to replay again' list :)
  • andywilkie35 17 Sep 2012 11:24:46 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Tactics and chronicles are great but Grandia is a masterpiece, go go go!

Currently playing Bioshock 2 on 360 and still on FFVI on Vita, although it has done the "memory card removed" bullshit so lost some progress, so started Miles Edgeworth on 3DS until I calm my rage to return!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• -cerberus- 17 Sep 2012 11:57:21 2,067 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally found some anti-mod kill Action Replay codes for my Biohazard 3: Last Escape import to work on my chipped ps1(*). Save for Zero, 3 is my least favourite of the old-school bunch, but it's also one the toughest: REmake > 3 > C:V > Zero > 1/DC > 2, the latter being an absolute walk in the park apart from the Hunk & Tofu bonus scenarios.
    Anyway, back to 3: started playing on Heavy Mode (= Hard) and Nemesis is just relentless, I'm really having a hard time getting through every encounter but I must, because the rewards are rather significant...

(*) A bit of background info: some later ps1 releases come with anti-mod software on the disc which would detect earlier versions of ps1 mod chips and would render the import unplayable on a modded system. Building a ten meter high wall only increases the need for twelve meter high ladders, thusly “stealth” mod chips would soon be developed, effectively circumventing the disc's anti-mod software. Sadly I never got around to uprading so using anti-mod kill codes with a cheat cartridge - such as the Action Replay, Gameshark or Xplorer - is as good as it gets for now.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• andytheadequate 17 Sep 2012 12:27:54 7,949 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the advice chaps. How long is grandia? Really tempted by them all but if one of them is shorter than the others I'd probably play that first.

FF9 is on my list of games to buy, as is FF7 and persona 3. Im going to be very busy...
  • DSR3 17 Sep 2012 12:41:20 265 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God of War 3 and Team Fortress 2 Mann vs Machine.

LBP Vita this week so that will take up most of my free time.
  • andywilkie35 17 Sep 2012 15:22:08 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Tactics I never actually finished (oops) but got a good 40 hours in and still had loads to do. Chronicles I think I managed to do in 25.

Grandia was 45 on the nose pretty much. Epic game.

FF9 my first playthrough was 130 hours but since then have completed it a few times in about 40-45. FF7 was 50 and Persona 3 was 80 first time and 60 the second.

If FFIX or Persona 3 are in contention then I'd recommend one of those before Grandia, just because they're my favourite two JRPGs ever :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• TOOTR 17 Sep 2012 17:55:10 9,473 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just picked up Max Payne 3 after spending massive amounts of utterly consumed time in Dark Souls.

1 hour in and I'm really bored. :(

I loved MP1 and 2.

I think I need something slightly less awesome than Dark Souls to acclimatize myself again....

hmm.....slow-mo...... maybe Vanquish!

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• King_Edward 17 Sep 2012 17:58:09 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'M PLAYING TEKKEN AND IT'S GREAT!!!
  • andytheadequate 17 Sep 2012 20:28:03 7,949 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @andywilkie35 - I started valykria chronicles as it looks a bit different to the standard jrpg. Impressed so far, and glad it isn't a 100+ hour beast.

Persona 3 is on my list to buy, as is final fantasy 9, but going to make do with the 3 I have for now. Never played a Persona game, what are they like? Is the combat like a final fantasy game?

Hopefully I won't do my usual trick and get bored 20 hours into a jrpg. Bought a psp mainly so I can play some classic jrpgs. The system seems to be perfect for them
  • dominalien 17 Sep 2012 20:57:15 6,741 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    VC is really an SRPG, so it goes without saying it's different to JRPGs :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• andytheadequate 17 Sep 2012 21:08:17 7,949 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've never played a SRPG before so I hope I enjoy them seeing as though I now own 2!

@graveland- buy it, if its anything like the psp game it is a very interesting game. And trophys/ achievements are awful. I used to quite like them but if they ever stop you playing good games then its time to start worrying. Its liberating playing a game that is simply good fun rather than for a pointless number
  • darkengy 18 Sep 2012 10:26:43 98 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stuck with Luminary Online & Battlefield 3

• Afiddes 18 Sep 2012 10:34:04 1,164 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Persona 3 is in my opinion at least awesome I picked it up on the vita and am loving it even after spending 30 hours on the beast with no end in sight. It can be a little Grindy at times but the social aspect really breaks up the grinding if you can get it cheap do so

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• BryanAKADJ 18 Sep 2012 10:47:02 271 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Muahahahaha. I'm as far as my mom now on Pokemon. Just training up my Espeon & Umbreon now.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• RobTheBuilder 18 Sep 2012 11:13:14 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have never understood the love of Tekken, to be fair I haven't played it in years (I played 1-3 a lot), but it always seemed like an exercise in memorising button combinations rather than real fighting skill.
  • Paulie_P 18 Sep 2012 12:16:50 394 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Replaying Banjo Kazooie at the minute. Went back to read the XBLA review - 5/10? - that truly was a shocker. The game is fun and full of character, and the music is exceptional. Love walking through the hub and seeing one of Gruntilda's insults pop up. Some of the mechanics may not have aged well and the while the levels don't seem as big as I remember them, thats kind of a good thing in my book!
  • -cerberus- 18 Sep 2012 15:27:38 2,067 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished the Resident Evil 6 demo. Words cannot describe how fucking terrible it is.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• beastmaster 18 Sep 2012 15:33:36 10,172 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lollipop Chainsaw

Dear god it's fun. And rude. And gory. Love it!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Raiko101 18 Sep 2012 19:55:09 5,523 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got Counter-Strike: Global Operations on the go at the minute. It's a good way to pass the time, but the lack of accuracy can make it more frustrating than most other FPS games. I also feel you should be able to kill people from behind much easier.

I'm also playing Dillon's Rolling Western, which is officially the only tower defence game i've ever enjoyed playing. I've been playing it for a good month now, on and off. It's amusing to see how this was clearly a Zelda experiment some time ago.

Edited by Raiko101 at 19:55:31 18-09-2012

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 18 Sep 2012 20:48:28 2,370 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished Final Fantasy on the Transformer, and just started FF3. Loved the first one, full of charm and surprisingly full of things that carry on through the series. I never realized it was all there from game 1 (the victory music, repeating names, moogles etc).
    The remade FF3 is bloody brilliant looking game. Skipped 2 after advice it wasn't all that good.
    Also started Dark Souls on 360. Jesus that was a learning curve. I got very frustrated with myself for constantly wading in swinging my sword and getting obliterated. I blame modern games for that approach. Was about to give up on it when I suddenly thought of playing it the way it's meant to be. Loving it now.
    Also just started FF13-2 today. Didn't finish FF13 (almost but not quite) as it just didn't feel like a true FF for me. But after the talk of FF13-2 being more of an FF game than FF13, I decided to give it a go. The fact that it was £5 in Asda didn't hurt, either. Liking the two hours or so I've put in so far...
    Still hooked on Minecraft 360. Just mind-blowingly creative, sideways game. Didn't think I'd like it this much. Will be looking up the Miner Z indie game mentioned on EG today as well. Got plenty to play and will be getting Borderlands 2 on Friday! (Will probably go supermarket bargain hunting for it.) How am I going to fit it all in?!!!???
    Also, after a few of you talking about Grandia here I will look that up as well, as it's reminded me I've wanted to play it since release but just never have. Might try it on PSone emu on the pad. FF9 was fine so that should be.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• dominalien 19 Sep 2012 12:20:32 6,741 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    I have never understood the love of Tekken, to be fair I haven't played it in years (I played 1-3 a lot), but it always seemed like an exercise in memorising button combinations rather than real fighting skill.
    Uh, yeah, it's a game where you press buttons.

Real fighting skill does not figure into it.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 19 September 2012 12:49:07
    Currently watching Metal gear 4.

Nah, seriously though, really enjoying it. My second playthrough, first since launch.
  • Raiko101 19 Sep 2012 14:44:07 5,523 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I couldn't get into 4, unfortunately. Whilst I do enjoy the stories, I thought 4 was way too over-the-top. The first and 3rd games have much stronger stories and do overshadow the other two in that respect.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• SteveHolt 20 Sep 2012 00:23:18 425 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NHL 13

Fantastic hockey game, much better than 12.
  • Syrette 21 Sep 2012 22:14:09 41,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Currently have nothing on the go. That's right, nothing.

All the games I currently own I've completed/played to a satisfactory level. Lovefilm list is currently empty and I'm not adding anything to it for the sake of it. Not really tempted by any downloadable games right now either, again I don't want to spend money just for the sake of having something to play.

This time next month though I'll be part of the way into a ridiculously congested pile-up of games, a good 6-8 of them I reckon. Why must pubs release their titles all at the same time!?

• andytheadequate 22 Sep 2012 01:42:47 7,949 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was in a similar situation so I bought a psp and a load of JRPGs very cheap so now I'm set for the next year or so!

Also, trials evo dlc is out soon so that should keep me busy for a while. Joe danger 2 was a nice distraction but I blasted through it in a few days and the store attack side to it doesn't really interesting.

Not touched the old favourites of minecraft and bc2 for a few weeks so might have to get back into them.

What are the 6-7 games coming out in the nwdt month or so? I can only think of a few interesting ones, but haven't really been keeping up with the new releases
  • BryanAKADJ 22 Sep 2012 03:46:46 271 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pokemon SoulSilver still, I'm at the part where I have to catch/beat Lugia, considering using my MasterBall, I'm sure I can catch him after long boring grinding but, thats long and boring-I tried catching him but I`m too under-leveled at the moment, I got him down in the red and asleep at the same time. With my highest level at 41 out I couldn't catch him with an ultra. By the time I have to catch any other rare Pokemon I'll be leveled up enough. Still not sure though.
    Also I know according to the Pokemaniacs a MasterBall on a Lugia is considered a waste, but I don't quite care about shinys or stuff like that. I don't know what to use my MasterBall on. Maybe... I have no idea.
    Think I'll do the boring grinding.

Caught him with an UltraBall! I surprised myself with it lol. I was so surprised I was worried I accidently used the MasterBall. They made such a big epic entrance and deal about Lugia I wasn't just going to defeat him, one of them was very glad for me catching him.

ONWARDS

Edited by BryanAKADJ at 08:11:12 22-09-2012

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Deleted user 22 September 2012 04:10:27
    Sleeping Dogs, it's pretty good when I get to play it, but I'm doing 5 minutes "missions" and watching 10 minute cut scenes where character have a competition on who can say 'fuck' the most. when I can play the fighting system is great and the driving is bizarre but fun - just started shooting though so I'll probably give up if that shit carries on.
  • PhoenixFlames 22 Sep 2012 06:34:56 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just bought another PSP and put some CFW on it (quite surprised I managed this all by myself, it was really easy). Now I have everything SNES, Mega Drive and GBA to look forward to. Not sure where to start but there are some good threads on EG that might help.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Page

of 237 First / Last