What are you currently playing? Page 154

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• dominalien 10 Sep 2012 19:34:11 6,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @-cerberus-

Clearly, the sticky sticks are the result of the ageing process of the rubber used. I was recently decommissioning a Toshiba lappy from the '90s and the trackpad rubber "nub" in the middle of the keyboard had turned to sticky goo. A similar thing happened to the rubber on the latch of a 2004 Acer laptop I still use sometimes. So a little slime is not so bad, but they really should use some better materials. 6-7 years is definitely too short a time for stuff to literally start falling apart.

I did wipe the sticks on the DS, but alas they kept bleeding the slime. Haven't looked at them in some years now, so I can't tell how badly they've deteriorated since.

That said, I'm very proud of owning a fully functioning PSOne, even if it's a late model from around 2001.

PSN: DonOsito

• -cerberus- 10 Sep 2012 19:38:32 2,103 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @dominalien Those were bloody cool! I've got one myself. Bought it used and came packaged with a screen (a Combo pack).

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• dominalien 10 Sep 2012 19:43:09 6,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @-cerberus-

That's an official accessory? I never knew such cool things existed!

/wants

• santashi 10 Sep 2012 20:20:15 4,940 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @dominalien You can get one for the PS3, too. Unless it is just the fact that there was a PS1 screen that you are impressed by, in which case ignore me. ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• dominalien 10 Sep 2012 20:52:43 6,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi

Yeah, I definitely meant for the PS1 :-)

• dsmx 10 Sep 2012 21:05:50 7,414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember seeing that accessory and thinking it was pretty cool but that revision of the ps1 and the screen add on came out so late in it's life cycle that I had started saving up for a ps2 by that point.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• BryanAKADJ 11 Sep 2012 03:51:14 271 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Restarted Final Fantasy IV again, one of my downfalls on the game was not being bothered to do the battles, always running away losing gil, so I'm just battling now :p
    The game looks very nice on the Vita

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Deleted user 12 September 2012 15:08:39
    Only 5 years too late, but Proffessor layton and the curious Village

For the most part really good. like the style, and the unravelling poriot esq mystery. Sad to say a couple of the puzzles i have struggled on already! Either i'm a lot stupidier than i though or there has been a couple of puzzles already that are actually trick ones.

liking it though!
  • jabberwoky 12 Sep 2012 17:59:46 441 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just started two worlds 2. Some utter arse threw me into jail right at the beginning but things are looking up as this really nice lady has mysteriously taken it on herself to rescue me.. Apparently I'm told its my destiny to give said arse a damned good thrashing, which I'm looking forward to. OK I can see its a bit light and floaty as everyone says, but the game looks promising.
  • Tricky 12 Sep 2012 18:12:52 4,303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    About halfway through Starcraft 2 at the moment. Really enjoying it, having not been all that enthralled by any RTS games for years. Doubt I'll go anywhere near the multiplayer as I've got too many other things on the backlog to get to, plus Black Mesa out this weekend, then Borderlands 2, then Halo 4, then Need for Speed etc. etc.
  • -cerberus- 12 Sep 2012 20:44:00 2,103 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally got Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for x360. It's been a while since I've played a modern fighting game but, science damn it, is it good!
    And up until now I barely used the 360's d-pad but because of MK I now completely understand what the fighting game enthusiasts are complaining about...

Edited by -cerberus- at 20:45:55 12-09-2012

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• BryanAKADJ 13 Sep 2012 07:09:14 271 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lets see.

Pokemon: SoulSilver - Have to catch up to my mother who has 20+ hours on me.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - I'm enjoying it.

Super Mario 3D Land - Which is fantastic I must say.

Mario Kart 7 - Also great

Resident Evil: Revelations - I love the environment so far, very eerie. Haven't played much yet, but its great.

Going to try out Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars before I post...Just played the first 2 missions, the graphics are quite good for this type of game and the gameplay is good.

Starfox 64 3D - Never really, really played it when it was on the N64 so playing it now, and its great.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D - Also never played it when it was on the N64 as I was to stupid to know what to do and impatient, loving it.

• BloodMountain88 13 Sep 2012 20:11:42 128 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mainly been playing Wipeout HD, and also made a start on Anomaly: Warzone Earth while I wait for Borderlands 2 next week.
  • waggy79 13 Sep 2012 20:26:28 798 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just cause 2, witcher 2, borderlands and red faction guerrilla all on steam.
  • BryanAKADJ 17 Sep 2012 07:09:39 271 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pokemon SoulSilver - My Magikarp is now finally a Gyarados after long grinding and isn't taking shit from other Pokemon now, knocking them out left and right. Working on getting a Umbreon or Espeon. Keep losing to this cheap gym leader and his Shadow Ball from Gengar none of my Pokemon have the type advantage on him-or any real advantage really. I somehow beat his Gengar with my Eevee last time but Eevee was all I had left so his other Pokemon knocked him out.

• MadCaddy13 17 Sep 2012 07:41:08 1,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing Resi 1 on the vita - sucks you in completely! Never did play this on the ps1 - well only for a bit back then. I did clock the remake on the GC though. After a while you don't mind the bad graphics, it's like watching a black n white movie - you get used to it
  • onestepfromlost 17 Sep 2012 07:47:27 1,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like everyone else on the planet im playing FTL!
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 07:48:00
    Final Fantasy 9.

I've always advocated this ahead of FF7 so thought I'd boot it up again and see whether or not my memory from 12 or so years ago is accurate or whether it's all rose-tinted-glasses etc.

Mid way through disc 3 (my old PSX version, not a newer PSN release) and loving it all over again.
  • THFourteen 17 Sep 2012 08:06:45 31,837 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bit of a lull for me, waiting for Torchlight 2 this week and FIFA next week!

Thought i'd try some ios games in the meantime but spent all night surfing the app store before buying tiny wings, deciding it was a bit shit and surfing the internet for 3 hours instead.
  • Gunzberg 17 Sep 2012 08:26:23 936 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Solatorobo:Red the Hunter on DS

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Zizoo 17 Sep 2012 08:51:45 7,725 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Final Fantasy VII

Enjoying it, but it might go on the back burner when I get Resident Evil 2 later today.
  • dominalien 17 Sep 2012 09:00:46 6,745 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was playing RE3 on the PSP, but seem to have run out of steam at the fight at the clock tower. The fight itself is easy enough, but I'm not enjoying the Carlos section afterwards, for some reason.

So in the mean time I have been playing Back to the Future ep1 on the iPad and even though it's horrible technically, I'm really enjoying it. I can't decide whether I should get the following eps on the iPad (2.40 per ep right now) or the computer (25 for the whole thing on Steam, ouch).

Anyway , I have a 6-hr train trip ahead of me today, so if my love for RE3 doesn't come back and I complete BttF ep1, I'll probably be getting the rest on the iPad after all.

• Deleted user 17 September 2012 09:13:02
    Borderlands DLC

Finished the brilliant General Knoxx last night and only have Moxxi's underdome to go. Probably the best lot of DLC I've played.
  • Vortex808 17 Sep 2012 10:04:54 6,573 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you want to try Moxxi's some time, give me a shout. I've not touched that yet.

I may well need to ask you and Duff nicely for Crawmerax killing help at some point too. The prick refused to die when I tried to solo him last night.

Three hours of my life wasted when I could have been MINAC farming for collectibles, or trying to get that level 61 achievement. :(

Edited by Vortex808 at 10:17:22 17-09-2012
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 10:10:39
    If you guys attempt Moxxxi's be prepared for a right pain in the arse bit of DLC.

Prepare yourselves for upwards of 3-4+hrs of not going to the loo, grabbing a snack, rolling a smoke or whatever as there is no pause function whatsoever until you finish the arena you are in.

Lexx and I completed it begrudgingly if only to say we had actually done all the DLC, in retrospect it really wasn't worth bothering with as (iirc) none of the loot is a patch on the Knoxx/ZI stuff you will have amassed up to that point.

Each of the arenas ought to have been half as long as they were, if not less.

I'd gladly offer to help out on any of the other DLC, but not Moxxxi's not in a million years I'm afraid.

That said, I hope you have fun with it :D
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 10:15:57
    CS:GO
    Starcraft 2
    TF2
  • Vortex808 17 Sep 2012 10:18:21 6,573 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    I'd gladly offer to help out on any of the other DLC, but not Moxxxi's not in a million years I'm afraid.

That said, I hope you have fun with it :D
    :)

That speaks volumes!
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 10:40:12
    Yep, I'll gladly help with Crawmerax the evil bastard that he is. Do you want to try it legit or use us as bait to get his back?

I'll try moxxi's tonight to see how I get on but if I see you on I'll definitely send an invite.

Edit- Just read IL bit on moxxi. Not looking forward to that now.

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 10:42:47 17-09-2012
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 10:54:55
    Don't let me put you off giving it a go, it's still MP Borderlands after all. It just isn't very good compared to the rest of the DLC and the lack of a pause option is not only baffling but also very badly thought out given the sheer length of the arenas.

Lose at the end round 8 (or whatever) and go back to the start of round 7 was a very, very harsh penalty for failing. Try not to die too much as you'll waste hours frantically trying to get back to where you were.

Good luck :)

Edited by Ironlungs76 at 10:55:17 17-09-2012
  • andytheadequate 17 Sep 2012 10:55:26 7,972 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just completed chrono trigger and not sure whether to play grandia, valykria chronicles or FF tactics next. Any tips?

Also playing theme park. A bit tricky on a psp but still enjoy it
  • Page

of 238 First / Last