What are you currently playing? Page 148

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• stryker1121 11 Aug 2012 03:51:13 600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rage (360)--very meaty shooting as you'd expect from these guys. Beautiful looking and runs like a dream. Driving is very tight and I usually dislike driving in games.

Was pretty honked off I couldn't get in the sewers to explore b/c I'm one of the six people in the world who don't play games online and hence can't redeem my sewer code or whatever. Very silly that a visible part of the game world is cut off for offline players. Is it worth exploring the world at all? Seems like a lot of Point A to Point B questing w/ not much in between.
  • Sid-Nice 11 Aug 2012 04:11:52 15,810 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Super Mario Sunshine on the Panasonic Q; I've just completed Wind Waker and my nostalgic GameCube gaming will continue until the Wii U is released. How gorgeous will the Wii U games look in comparison to the Cube titles? I'm looking at a 1.5 generation leap here.

NNID Sid-Nice

• nickthegun 11 Aug 2012 07:25:45 55,866 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Super Mario Sunshine on the Panasonic Q
    wow, how much did that set you back?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• -cerberus- 11 Aug 2012 09:26:01 2,098 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote: Is it worth exploring the world at all? Seems like a lot of Point A to Point B questing w/ not much in between.
    There's a bunch of cool easter eggs and a few collectibles you need for 100% completion :)

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Garlvinlandblueblood 11 Aug 2012 12:50:38 365 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armored Core V, purely on the basis that it's a From Software game and I'm eagerly awaiting my next fix of Souls goodness, so this will do in the meantime. Never played an AC game before and I'm expecting the clan system to be intimidating, but looking forward to the customisation which the Souls games do so well. Is anyone else playing this thing?

Tried Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon's Dogma as Souls substitutes, KoA was too repetitive and DD is really nothing like Souls. Hoping another From game will do the trick.
  • Deleted user 11 August 2012 12:57:44
    Sly Cooper 2 - A great upgrade on a so/so first game. Feels like a proper sequel. Gameplay is nicely varied and not just shoved in there for the sake of it. Platforming is really tight as well.
  • Deleted user 11 August 2012 13:05:41
    @stryker1121 the sewers are pretty good but most are very similar. You are not missing very much really.
  • TechnoHippy 11 Aug 2012 13:30:19 14,640 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've just started Prototype 2, I loved the first game and this seems just as good so far. In fact slicker in some respects.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 11 Aug 2012 22:07:57 2,372 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally caved in (geddit?) and got Minecraft on 360. Addicted. Seriously. Also playing Final Fantasy on Transformer. Really loving the nostalgia. Even though I've never played anything below 7 before, it's still familiar and has great charm. Both are proving you don't need million pound budgets to be great.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• kentmonkey 11 Aug 2012 22:14:19 20,078 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darksiders II. It's alright thus far.
  • Raiko101 11 Aug 2012 22:29:02 5,541 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought Fez recently and have to say i'm loving it. I was quite daunted by how open and expansive the game is, but i've settled in nicely. Not only does it look like a retro game, but it actually plays like one. Having to write down clues and solve things on a pad and paper. It really takes me back to my childhood. What a brilliant game!.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 12 August 2012 12:17:37
    Half Life 2 (Orange Box 360)

Third time through in total and still absolutely brilliant. Aged fantastically well and goes to show just how little progress has been made in FPSs since.

Still feels as vital as ever.
  • Gunzberg 12 Aug 2012 12:33:46 929 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vanquish (360)

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• johnson81 12 Aug 2012 13:29:02 368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thought I'd fire up Jet Set Radio in preparation for the re-release next month in case it hasn't aged well as I remember. After playing for about 10 minutes, wrestling with the camera and failing to make accurate jumps started to piss me off and I nearly switched off.

After sticking with it and getting use to the camera and controls I ended up playing it for a couple of hours & progressing through the game, finding and collecting the graffiti souls was still a joy. Still an awesome game but I think some people may be turned off by the old school controls.

As I play a lot of retro games this wasn't a problem. I just can't wait for the Vita version now.
  • repairmanjack 12 Aug 2012 16:40:57 5,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Garlvinlandblueblood wrote:
    Armored Core V, purely on the basis that it's a From Software game and I'm eagerly awaiting my next fix of Souls goodness, so this will do in the meantime. Never played an AC game before and I'm expecting the clan system to be intimidating, but looking forward to the customisation which the Souls games do so well. Is anyone else playing this thing?

Tried Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon's Dogma as Souls substitutes, KoA was too repetitive and DD is really nothing like Souls. Hoping another From game will do the trick.
    If you look in the AC5 official thread you'll find our group, which you're very welcome to join. Been meaning to get back to this for ages.
  • el_pollo_diablo 12 Aug 2012 18:03:29 2,031 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dead Space 2.

Loved the first one. Loving this one.

Resident Evil 6 doesn't stand a chance of touching this.
  • Deleted user 13 August 2012 23:19:58
    Saints Row 3.

Bit of a laugh and quite enjoyable.
  • Constantlymat 14 Aug 2012 14:10:35 21 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dragon Age: Origins ... again. ;)

I wish Bioware would make more of those kind of games. *sigh*

How I admired them for their round based rpg's. Hope they'll make one of those again.
  • andytheadequate 14 Aug 2012 14:23:15 7,957 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I had a go at Wrecked Revenge Revisited again over the weekend. One of the most fun multiplayer games you can play with friends (and with house rules), but the online is an utter crime. I have never seen a laggier and less stable game. Pretty much every game we tried to play ended up in someone being disconnected (usually crashing their Xbox) which ends the game- another stupid bit of design.

I assume this will never be patched because it didn't sell very well. Even though I love playing the game, even with the awful online play, I hope they get another developer to do any possible remakes of Mashed/ Circuit Breakers in the future. If I just wanted a local MP game, I could simply buy Mashed/ CB and play that instead.

In hindsight, the 4/10 EG gave it now appears generous, although it's still one of my GotYs...
  • Zomoniac 14 Aug 2012 14:24:56 7,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    London 2012. I like it. But I'm easily pleased when it comes to T&F games.
  • robthehermit 14 Aug 2012 15:53:02 3,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assassin's Creed. Picked up the 1&2 twin pack a while ago to see what all the fuss was about. It's not too bad.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• dsmx 14 Aug 2012 16:05:30 7,412 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not as if you have a wide choice in T&F games if were honest hough zomoniac

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• DUFFMAN5 14 Aug 2012 16:10:42 13,814 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Assassin's Creed. Picked up the 1&2 twin pack a while ago to see what all the fuss was about. It's not too bad.
    Rob, as a big fan of the series, wait until you play 2, especially if you play directly after AC it is excellent, along with Bro-in-the-hood my fav AC game until...III fingers crossed :)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 14 Aug 2012 17:32:05 6,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going to play a bit more batman ac to mop up some more achievements. Then it'll either be binary domain, halo anniversary, or borderlands dlc.

No doubt with a healthy side order of gears 3, since I can't stop playing it with the great EG folks.
  • hypoBla5t 14 Aug 2012 19:00:30 1,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just don't know what to play at the moment, too much time so I'm wasting it:

-League of Legends (through lack of DOTA2)
    -Diablo 3 (2nd real pop at it, levelling a Wizard alt)
    -Ass Creed: Bromance (need to get it finished)
    -Trackmania 2: Canyon (for giggles)
    -Zelda: Skyward Sword (trying not to abandon)

Just waiting for Guild Wars 2 to touch down really!!
  • Nitrous 15 Aug 2012 10:18:45 243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ghost Recon FS: Got it new at ASDA on monday night, 20!
    Not attempted the MP side of it yet as Ive heard its not that great but the SP story im really enjoying.
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Aug 2012 10:27:37 9,689 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I enjoyed the multiplayer side of GR:FS but the lobbies started getting quite thin.

Working my way through Resonance of Fate which is a great game. Only problem I've had is the difficulty spikes you come across every now and then. Not a game braking problem, it just slows your pace when everything before was going just right.
    Keeps you on your toes I guess.

I wanted to get it finished this week so I could get stuck straight into Sleeping Dogs when it comes through but the gaming time has taken a hit the last few days.
  • Deleted user 15 August 2012 10:35:39
    L_Franko wrote:
    I enjoyed the multiplayer side of GR:FS but the lobbies started getting quite thin.
    Not sure if everyone just plays COD, all they have the best matchmaking system going, but every game seems to have this problem. The only real game i didn't have this issue with was ass creed revelation and to some extent NFS HP. Even BF3 can get quite thin, or as soon as a team gets on top your team just emptys.

But everything else feels like theres 10 people playing.

Edited by joelstinton at 10:36:20 15-08-2012
  • kinky_mong 15 Aug 2012 11:48:36 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started playing the Saints Row: The Third DLC last night as it was on sale.

Considering I finished all the GenkiBowl stuff bar one achievement in the hour I played I've got a feeling I will feel ripped off even at half price once I've finished them all.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Page

of 237 First / Last