What are you currently playing? Page 129

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• Kokapetl 20 Mar 2012 18:57:11 865 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm currently dipping in and out of SSX. I definitely have a love hate relationship with it though. Spend most of my time on global events as the shit tracks tend to be avoided with these.

I should also be starting, I Am Alive, within the next hour or so. It's currently downloading as we speak.

Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - Kokapetl
    3DS - 0903-2865-7239 - Face

• Afiddes 20 Mar 2012 18:59:20 1,164 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am starting mp on battlefield (original I know) and hoping that I have a rental copy of twisted metalto play tonight,

apparently after checking online I will have to fork out for an online pass which I'm not going to do for a rental. :( hopefully I can find it cheap

Edited by Afiddes at 19:03:35 20-03-2012

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Vortex808 20 Mar 2012 19:11:01 6,567 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    KoA:Reckoning, ME3 multiplayer and Gears 3 (still).

Might dig out BF3 again this weekend, although I should start Binary Domain or finish Batman:AC instead.
  • Afiddes 21 Mar 2012 06:50:47 1,164 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tm is being sent back already haha, i played it for an hour or two and decided it was a game I was better off buying! From the feel of it the mp is the core of the game so will wait for it to get cheap

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• King_Edward 21 Mar 2012 07:48:00 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Final Fantasy 4 on DS. While it's still a great game, the ugly 3d artwork and poor cut-scenes make me miss the old sprites.

Not sure why it's on DS either, I haven't taken the stylus out of it's holster yet, and the touch-screen is just used for maps and threadbare attack info.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Mar 2012 16:58:19 16,267 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm currently playing quite a lot of Pixel Junk Shooter and it is brilliant. A fun and surprising game, I like the way the second one carries on from the first and ramps up the difficulty a lot. Anyone who hasn't played them should definitely get involved.

You are a factory of sadness.

• DUFFMAN5 22 Mar 2012 06:39:34 13,814 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mass Effect 3, around 11 hours in and lovin it...when will I get into Ash's knickers!!!
    The plan is to complete and than start Deux Ex HR (I'm in a sci-fi mood!) also playing Gears 2 and 3 mp several times a week.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• SteveHolt 24 Mar 2012 14:39:50 425 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NINJA GAIDEN 3

A very uneven experience so far.

Story mode: 3 levels in, hard difficulty.
    Team ninja went for a HUD free, exploration-free, item and upgrade management-free roller coaster ride, but the pacing is way off, the level design isn't good enough and the setpieces aren't exactly mind-blowing so far. NG1 and NG2 told nonsensical, but driven stories using spectacular cutscenes, NG3 tells an incoherent, confused story with boring, long-winded cutscenes.

Mission mode: 11 trials completed solo, 1 in co-op.
    Fun mode, allows you to really put the battle engine to the test, and while nowhere as deep as NG1+2 it works fine enough for a japanese BTA, too bad the camera really gets in the way, it's even worse than in NG1+2 IMO.

Competitive MP: 40 matches played.
    It's awful ATM, I endured in order to level up my character for mission mode and unlock a couple achievements while there are still people playing, I won't come back to it unless they fix the netcode. Not much potential there.

I think we should give this game a little time. I mean, NG2 had a rocky launch, and needed 2 title updates and a HD install to really fulfill its potential, everyone loves NGB but forget this game is the boxed version of NG1 + a couple patches + 2 DLC packs... NG3 feels a bit unfinished as well, there are frame rate issues, the controls feel unresponsive at times (nowhere near dark souls levels of controller latency, but something is definitely off), and adding new weapons could definitely help if Team Ninja balances them right. Don't get me wrong, there's no way in hell they can turn this game into a great one, but there's some solid gameplay in there.

Basically, my initial recommendation was a resounding DON'T BUY, but now I'm upgrading this game to RISKY.
  • GJS 24 Mar 2012 17:41:53 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rayman Origins on the 360.

It's brilliant - buy it if you have a pulse.
  • TechnoHippy 24 Mar 2012 18:23:41 14,642 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm a couple of hours into Assassins Creed: Revelations. While I am enjoying it (as with the other games), I am getting a little bored of Ezio.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 24 March 2012 20:33:00
    Fallout New Vegas which is far better then F3 imo, and The Darkness 2.
  • Bremenacht 24 Mar 2012 21:08:41 15,756 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    I'm a couple of hours into Assassins Creed: Revelations. While I am enjoying it (as with the other games), I am getting a little bored of Ezio.
    They ruined him. It's as if they couldn't be bothered doing something more with him, but had to put out a game anyway.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• rockavitch 26 Mar 2012 08:26:33 263 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fallout New Vegas. About 5 hours in, 3 freezes, 3 manual resets of PS3 and 3 times being told I had not shut down properly even though I had not been allowed. Here was me thinking after this length of time it might be somewhat playable.

Other than that I can't seem to enjoy it due to controls as the rotating zoom in and out camera has gotten worse and jumping gives no height at all. There seems to be constant enemies, which in most games is fine but the good thing about F3 was you could also take time to explore without constant attack. The whole desert thing is pretty dull and uninteresting, in other words it is pretty boring.

EDIT: Wrote dessert instead od desert, which would actually interest me more, I love a triffle me.

Edited by rockavitch at 08:28:08 26-03-2012

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• richardiox 26 Mar 2012 08:44:47 5,420 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm currently being played by Dark Souls and loving every horrible second of it. Very weird 'fuck you / love you' relationship with it.

Plus the Dark Souls thread here is all kinds of brilliant and has helped me out no end.

I brought ME3 when it came out but it hasn't got a look in yet. Shoulda waited as I know Trials Evo will devour me very shortly and Shepard will still be waiting at the sidelines.
  • Stranded87 30 Mar 2012 21:30:59 768 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fallen London / Echo Bazaar

Just started this a couple of days ago. I've got a feeling I was vaguely aware of it a while back but never bothered with it because I assumed it would just be another lifeless Facebook game but wow was I wrong.

The writing is some of the best I've come across in, well, any medium, which is good because there's a ton of it and not a whole lot of anything else. At the moment the only thing stopping me becoming totally addicted is having to wait for more actions.

As an essentially free game I can't recommend this highly enough, if you like good writing in your games (and don't mind actually reading it) this is superb.
  • TOOTR 30 Mar 2012 21:50:58 9,473 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 which is going great at the moment and have been very very pleasantly surprised by the multiplayer - the hours just flew by this evening on it's borderlands/horde type vibe.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• king26 30 Mar 2012 22:41:26 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fallout 3 was so much better than New Vegas.
  • andywilkie35 31 Mar 2012 15:31:59 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 on 360 at the mo, then will be starting Devil May Cry HD on PS3 at some point this weekend. Hoping to have both finished before The Witcher 2.

Trails of the Sky on PSVita on the ol' commute too.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Apr 2012 14:49:28 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gran Turismo 5. I bought this when it was released and couldn't motivate myself to grind through it, but reading that article on EG about the new patch, and given that it's currently a tenner used I decided to give it another bash.

Thoroughly enjoying it tbh.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2012 15:12:57
    Still on New Vegas, it's way superior to F3 imo.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Apr 2012 15:18:05 13,814 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    It would need to be all sorts of amazing, still yet to play it or even unwrap it, I bought it on day of release! FO3 is my no1 game, simply stunning.

• Deleted user 3 April 2012 15:30:55
    The sidequests are way better Duff, the game gives you more ways to complete each mission as well. It doesn't have the same impact F3 had though mainly because it's running on a 5 year engine. Definatly should be played though.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Apr 2012 15:32:36 13,814 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice one. One day...I have Risen 2 and Witcher on their way this month though!

• stryker1121 3 Apr 2012 17:59:27 601 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    It would need to be all sorts of amazing, still yet to play it or even unwrap it, I bought it on day of release! FO3 is my no1 game, simply stunning.
    NV is interesting for the way it locks you out of some quests depending on your actions in the world. Your actions actually have impact. Crazy, no? I didn't like it nearly as much as FO3, but if you want another 80 hrs of Fallout, it's very much worth a go.
  • hypoBla5t 4 Apr 2012 06:50:48 1,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Resonance of Fate
    Realm of the Mad God
    Titan Quest

Got a fully-modded Baldur's Gate Trilogy ready to go.

Looking forward to getting Forza 4, Gears 3, El Shaddai, Bulletstorm and Disgaea 4 for my birthday this weekend.

That should keep me going for a bit eh?
  • zombielvis 4 Apr 2012 11:15:34 131 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I started playing Stalker:SOC last night, been meaning to get it for years. I added the 'Complete 2009' mod to spruce up the graphics a bit and I have to say I'm massively impressed.

Can see me getting quite into this.
  • jabberwoky 4 Apr 2012 11:16:34 441 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am still playing skyrim, its getting beyond a joke, I should sue Bethesda for appropriating all my gaming time and not giving me a chance to play anything else. Do you hear that Bethesda, expect a summons from the European court of human rights this summer.
  • Page

of 238 First / Last