Bastard Hay Fever Page 8

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• mcmonkeyplc 1 Jul 2013 12:24:01 39,510 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Pollen count must have been astronomically high....don't usually suffer, but Sat and Sun was sneezing like a bastard all day. Seems to have calmed down now, thank fuck. Don't envy you poor bastards that get it badly
    Yeah I don't normally get it badly but yesterday I was practically dying.

Not a thing today, but I took the nose spray this morning just to be sure.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• kentmonkey 1 Jul 2013 21:10:05 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The eye consultant I've been seeing has diagnosed me with something called 'blepharitis'. Basically last year my eyes itched like anything and my nose wouldn't stop running. Then the eyes stayed itchy and pouring when I went to see Michael McIntyre at the O2, to the point of not being able to see much.

He's adament it's not a blocked tear duct, and that it's blepharitis, which means each night for 10 minutes I have to have something warm on my eyes to ease the pouring.

However, last week I cut down a load of hedge and ivy in the garden. My eyes then went mental. Yellow gunk, pouring constantly, and it's been doing it ever since. I've also had reasonably bad hayfever (not the worst I've ever had, but still quite bad). I'm starting to think the two are related, and that this is to do with a blocked sinus/tear duct.

The last three days, I've woken up to my right eye completely gunked shut (like it's conjunctivitis, but it's not), with most of it yellow but the gunk in the corner of the eye, nearest the tear duct, being green. A really horrible, bogeyish coloured green.

:o(
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 21:12:37
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Then the eyes stayed itchy and pouring when I went to see Michael McIntyre at the O2, to the point of not being able to see much.
    Sounds like a standard reaction to Michael McIntyre.
  • Razz 2 Jul 2013 12:51:00 61,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Salaman

http://i.imgur.com/5hHtazW.jpg

Edited by Razz at 12:52:17 02-07-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Salaman 2 Jul 2013 12:57:33 19,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LOL! :-D
    That's brilliant.

/tries to stiffle laughter in the office
    /fails

Now if you'll excuse me, I need the loo
    /takes phone
  • bunglebonce 2 Jul 2013 13:06:59 2,227 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    @Salaman

http://i.imgur.com/5hHtazW.jpg
    Does this device work for people?

Maybe it's a cylical thing, but I know that since I bought something like that three years ago, my hay fever is only ever so slightly and occasionally irritating, as opposed to dictating my life in the summer months. I don't need any other kind of treatment or medication, when before I used everything I could to suppress the allergy. Best 15 I've ever spent.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 13:19:48
    I do use that, but not regularly enough as I should. It's defiantly the best thing I've used to help alleviate symptoms of this curse.

I never used to be able to go outside as a kid when the pollen count was high in summer (heaven as a gamer) but it's not as aggressive as an adult. Now I'm almost always constantly sniffing / blocked and throat sometimes get itchy and that's about it. But when it's bad, it's bad.

For unbearably itchy eyes, I'd recommend wetting a flannel with really cold water and lying down with it covering your eyes and temples. Realise this only possible to do at home.
  • Razz 2 Jul 2013 13:33:31 61,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    LOL! :-D
    That's brilliant.

/tries to stiffle laughter in the office
    /fails

Now if you'll excuse me, I need the loo
    /takes phone
    :-P Cathy won't stop laughing at me as it makes my nose glow. It doesn't show in the photo. I find it quite difficult to use as it tickles the inside of my nose and causes a fit of sneezing. There is a lack of detailed instructions in the box, it would be handy to know at which angle to insert the probe. `Hopefully it won't all be nothing and I'll start seeing the benefits soon.

• smoothpete 6 Jul 2013 12:31:04 31,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dying of pollen
  • Razz 6 Jul 2013 14:36:47 61,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really? The red light therapy not working for you? It has done absolute miracles here! I can breathe and sleep again only problem I'm getting now is weird yellow Shit in my eyes when I wake up.

• RedSparrows 6 Jul 2013 14:57:53 23,855 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Considering people can 'go on the sick' with namby pamby shit like obesity, bad back and other silly nonsense I think hay fever sufferers should get every summer off work fully paid. It's a misery commuting with hay fever, and even worse actually trying to work.

I think we should sign a petition and get this request approved.
    I normally don't agree with much you say, but this: 100%

Vote for Graveland!
  • Fixxxer 6 Jul 2013 16:35:40 1,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sneezing feels brilliant. I'm gutted I don't have hayfever, you lucky swines.
  • DFawkes 6 Jul 2013 17:35:44 23,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Many of the symptoms you described could also be caused by a faulty boiler. Unlikely of course, but I'm sure Graveland must've seen the same TV show I did where a family made that very assumption. Turned out the recent work to their boiler wasn't done properly. They thought it was hayfever, but thankfully they realised.

As I say, unlikely but not impossible. If you've not had gas works done recently I imagine you'll be fine :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• weeno 6 Jul 2013 19:37:28 721 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would just like to chime in and say how much I hate hayfever. I never used to have it at home in Australia but since moving out here to Europe every spring/summer has been a nightmare of sneezing, runny noses, sore itchy red eyes and general shitness.
  • weeno 6 Jul 2013 19:38:07 721 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So actually it's all europes fault

/shakes fist
  • ZuluHero 6 Jul 2013 21:40:43 4,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Considering people can 'go on the sick' with namby pamby shit like obesity, bad back and other silly nonsense I think hay fever sufferers should get every summer off work fully paid. It's a misery commuting with hay fever, and even worse actually trying to work.

I think we should sign a petition and get this request approved.
    I normally don't agree with much you say, but this: 100%

Vote for Graveland!
    Actually as my office is fully air conditioned I get some blessed relief 9-5:30 Monday to Friday. Even inside at home with the windows closed I still get it a bit.
  • oakie007 6 Jul 2013 21:57:49 224 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got caught short at work last week ( I carry out groundwork inspections) had nothing to blow my nose with apart from an empty packet of kettle salt and vinegar crisps. Needless to say the foil cut into my nostrils and stung like fuck.
  • tuff 6 Jul 2013 22:32:59 628 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've found that 2 'one a day' loratadine tabs, plus 1 'one a day' cetrizine tabs, plus downing the kids Piriton syrup, 4 plus beers and then a couple of Diazipam works a treat.

Fucking hay fever.
    /prefers coma
  • monkehhh 7 Jul 2013 20:29:21 3,476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ordered a nose thing, cos I wanna look as awesome as Razz does. Today's 8 mile walk through all manner of countryside did not go down well with my pollen-hating body.
  • bunglebonce 7 Jul 2013 20:38:21 2,227 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sat out on a bank watching football yesterday, without using the nose thing for a few days (I'd left it at work). The following 24 hours were hellish but within an hour of using the nose thing again my allergy has completely settled down. If I had any doubt about how effective it is, I don't now.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Razz 7 Jul 2013 20:58:00 61,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Ordered a nose thing, cos I wanna look as awesome as Razz does. Today's 8 mile walk through all manner of countryside did not go down well with my pollen-hating body.
    Dude, it's changed my life. My hayfever symptoms are all but gone. Have to admit though, I'm still not off the cetirizine. I still take one a day as I'm not ready top trust it 100%. But even on cetirizine I still had nasal rhinitis and a slight fever. After almost a week using the RLT, my nasal and fever symptoms are completely gone. My eye is getting better. I no more yellow gunk shite in the morning and I get itchy eye episodes less and less.

Edited by Razz at 21:34:37 07-07-2013

• Lukus 7 Jul 2013 21:04:59 19,360 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inconclusive...

My hayfever has been really bad this year after being way better last year. I felt like death warmed up last week until the monday when for that one day it completely went (I assume cos of some heavy rain all night and day), which really highlighted just how much it takes it out of you. I had about ten times the energy. Today I'm suffering again.

I'm prepared to give the nose probe a go, but I'm very dubious.

Paintings & Photographs

• monkehhh 7 Jul 2013 21:18:28 3,476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I don't mind taking some tablets as I'm so used to doing it, but I'd rather not be on prescription medication for months every year. Worth a shot for 15 quid as many folks seem to swear by it!
  • MrSensible 8 Jul 2013 08:24:19 25,290 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not only has my hayfever been debilitating, but it triggers asthma problems too... it's crushing my chest today. How delightful to have to force yourself to breathe, yes.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last