Bastard Hay Fever Page 7

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• THFourteen 19 Jun 2013 09:02:41 32,857 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Beconase is the bees knees.

One spray in each nostril every day seems to do me grand. Have two in each if i know i'm going to be spending a lot of time outside.
  • Rodriguez 21 Jun 2013 23:38:27 1,083 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Cetirizine, every day, and when it's bad some beconase. After a while on Cetirizine you won't need the beconase at all. I have year round rhinitis and it does the job. 2 for 30 tablets means it costs 24 a year, which isn't that bad really.
    Had an awful week this week with my hay fever, thought I was doing fine then it hit me really badly. My nose was dripping, my eyes were all red and closing up, I felt drowsy and had a headache... and then came the nose bleeds :(

I usually use Loratadine tablets and Beconase spray but they seemed to do fuck all this time, so I've got some of those Cetirizine hydrochloride tablets cubby mentions in his post today, along with an allergy spray that has a different corticosteroid called Fluticasone as its key ingredient (Beconase key ingredient is Beclometasone). The expensive brand of the new spray is called Pirinase, but I got a generic Boots version cheaper.

Had a couple of squirts of the new allergy spray earlier on and I think I'm already feeling a fair bit clearer headed so hope it's a good sign!
  • monkehhh 22 Jun 2013 00:12:42 3,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, mine completely screwed me this week.. got some prescription tablets (fexofenadine) and some spray (fluticasone). Seems to be under control for once!

Edited by monkehhh at 00:14:20 22-06-2013
  • Carlo 22 Jun 2013 00:30:19 17,948 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pacrifice wrote:
    A friend swears that eating honey helps too but the tablet works for me.
    The idea is you find locally produced honey that's unfiltered. Not exactly easy (or cheap!) but it's supposed to naturally build up your tolerance to it.

Take a tea-spoon of honey every day (all year round)... I tried it for 2 years and it did appear to work... Stop doing it and it comes back however.

PSN ID: Djini

• Megapocalypse 28 Jun 2013 10:24:06 5,309 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Appear to be suffering from hay fever this year for the first time. It sucks. 1/10.
  • Benno 28 Jun 2013 10:25:08 9,776 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It can just suddenly affect you at any age?

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• Megapocalypse 28 Jun 2013 10:26:41 5,309 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guess its like any allergy.
  • smoothpete 28 Jun 2013 10:27:44 31,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's basically your body's response to what it perceives as an attack (like an immune response)
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jun 2013 10:46:44 16,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    pacrifice wrote:
    The idea is you find locally produced honey that's unfiltered. Not exactly easy (or cheap!) but it's supposed to naturally build up your tolerance to it.

Take a tea-spoon of honey every day (all year round)... I tried it for 2 years and it did appear to work... Stop doing it and it comes back however.
    There's no proof this actually works.

You are a factory of sadness.

• malloc 28 Jun 2013 13:37:10 2,299 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    pacrifice wrote:

That doesn't mean it doesn't.
  • malloc 28 Jun 2013 13:37:10 2,299 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    pacrifice wrote:

• Moot_Point 28 Jun 2013 14:08:06 3,912 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    pacrifice wrote:

Proof of the pudding is in the tasting. ;)

Edited by Moot_Point at 14:08:23 28-06-2013

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Carlo 28 Jun 2013 14:21:06 17,948 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did say it appeared to work. It wasn't an endorsement and it's back just as bad as ever this year!

PSN ID: Djini

• smoothpete 28 Jun 2013 14:43:13 31,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Graveland

Hmm that's interesting... Can you keep us updated?
  • Deleted user 28 June 2013 16:53:32
    malloc wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    pacrifice wrote:

• Mr_Sleep 28 Jun 2013 16:58:54 16,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    pacrifice wrote:

Proof of the pudding is in the tasting. ;)
    By that notion homoeopathy is a sound medical science :-P

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 16:59:04 28-06-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• President_Weasel 28 Jun 2013 17:23:56 8,948 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    It can just suddenly affect you at any age?
    Sadly yes. Mine kicked in suddenly in my mid 20s.

The hay fever seems particularly bad this week in London, bastard plant sperm everywhere.
  • monkehhh 28 Jun 2013 18:28:16 3,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, think mine arrived in my mid 20s. My prescription stuff is totally kicking it's arse though, such a bloody relief :)
  • Deleted user 28 June 2013 18:40:21
    My hayfever started during the summer of 1976 when we had the hottest temperatures since records began. I still get it, but it hasn't been bad for something like a decade, haven't used hayfever cures since 2009 and these days I only get hayfever symptoms round about March/April when there is loads of tree pollen in the air. I used to dread the grass pollen in August O.O
  • Shikasama 1 Jul 2013 08:50:58 6,603 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hayfever kicked my arse all this weekend and now it gets to kick my arse at work!

Yay!
  • Razz 1 Jul 2013 11:22:32 60,755 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /high five

I haven't slept in days. I've given up on Loratadine and just bought some of the hardstuff, 10mg Cetirizine. I've also ordered that red light thingy that stone linked earlier. Allergy wise, this is most miserable summer I've ever had. Severe eye pain, coughing, insomnia, constant congestion which is worse at night time.

Edited by Razz at 11:25:18 01-07-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• smoothpete 1 Jul 2013 11:25:00 31,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I double up on loratadine and cetirizine, and take more than the recommended dose of cetirize. My GP said you can take up to like 4 or 5 cetirizine in a day. I do about 3 of them. Interested by this red light thingy, let me know if that does anything
  • Dougs 1 Jul 2013 11:28:30 66,637 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pollen count must have been astronomically high....don't usually suffer, but Sat and Sun was sneezing like a bastard all day. Seems to have calmed down now, thank fuck. Don't envy you poor bastards that get it badly
  • Emth 1 Jul 2013 11:28:53 131 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I seem to be fine pretty much anywhere apart from at work. Even if I don't medicate up, at home or outside I'm a bit sneezy at worst, but as soon as I get into the office it's like a nose tsunami for the first two hours of the day, regardless of what I take.

Fucking annoying.
  • smoothpete 1 Jul 2013 11:40:44 31,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right I've ordered one of these nose light things. I'll have a punt for a tenner. I've spent that on tissues in two weeks some of which were used for blowing my nose
  • Salaman 1 Jul 2013 11:51:15 18,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you all please post a picture of yourselves with that thing up your nose?
  • Razz 1 Jul 2013 12:07:37 60,755 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For you to fap over?

• Razz 1 Jul 2013 12:15:44 60,755 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sorry hayfever making me very irritable

• Salaman 1 Jul 2013 12:18:00 18,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    For you to fap over?
    I can't rule it out. But mostly to laugh at.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last