Lump on gum - help please Page 3

  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

  • buggrit 22 Jan 2011 09:31:39 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GI_Enthusiast wrote:
    Y'all a bunch of slack jawed fagits....I despair...I really do :/

    Got one on my molar, just prod the fucker and the puss/blood will find a way to the surface. It doesn't hurt THAT much O_o It'll be swollen for a day, then flatten out....once a month it'll build up and need to be popped.

    Gawddd....you girls.
    Ahaahahaha, spoken like a man who has never had it flare up properly. Last time I had one, I was in so much pain that I couldn't open my eyes because the light would make me vomit immediately.
  • silentbob 22 Jan 2011 09:54:17 28,956 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    So looking for a thread on the matter and it turns out I've already asked you lot the same question. Just got a similar, but bigger, lump on the other side at the very back of my mouth. Because it is at the back it is very sore and uncomfortable. Well it seems to have grown since yesterday so I just went into the toilet and performed some DIY dentistry. Which basically involved stabbing the fucker with a metal toothpick until a mass of blood and puss came out. Lovely. What remains is still the hard lump but I'm hoping that will piss off soon. I'll give it a week before phoning the dentist.
    mowgli, what the fuck are you on? Your inability to cope with life seems to be expanding into the void left by blize.

    People like you terrify me.

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • morriss 22 Jan 2011 10:44:15 70,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This thread only further shows how right I am, and have been, since day 1. :)
  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 14:37:44
    silentbob wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    So looking for a thread on the matter and it turns out I've already asked you lot the same question. Just got a similar, but bigger, lump on the other side at the very back of my mouth. Because it is at the back it is very sore and uncomfortable. Well it seems to have grown since yesterday so I just went into the toilet and performed some DIY dentistry. Which basically involved stabbing the fucker with a metal toothpick until a mass of blood and puss came out. Lovely. What remains is still the hard lump but I'm hoping that will piss off soon. I'll give it a week before phoning the dentist.
    mowgli, what the fuck are you on? Your inability to cope with life seems to be expanding into the void left by blize.

    People like you terrify me.
    Wtf are you are you on about? Where in that post is my 'inability to cope with life' - I wasn't asking for advice so what the fuck exactly are you talking about?

    @Morriss, take some pills and email pester some biz friends why don't you :'D Stop jumping up and down in the background.
  • Tom_Servo 22 Jan 2011 15:07:20 17,496 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be fair, poking an ulcer with a metal pick doesn't exactly scream common sense.
  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 15:09:49
    Nah, because it's gone now. Completely cleared up in the space of a day :D

    Last time I went to the dentist after rupturing it he said it was all good. Well, not quite 'all good', but as it went away there was nothing to worry about.
  • Lukus 22 Jan 2011 15:12:15 19,049 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wait for the pies to cool down before you put them in your mouth Mowgli. How many times must I tell you this?

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 15:14:21
    You try waiting one minute for a pie.
  • Tom_Servo 22 Jan 2011 15:14:29 17,496 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quite funny how people jokingly posted about bursting it first time round.
  • DaM 22 Jan 2011 15:40:29 12,983 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mowgli, gargle with TCP or something similar for a few days, you really want to keep that uninfected!
  • Dynamize 22 Jan 2011 15:55:45 1,672 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had a gum problem a few months back. Sensitive, reddened, throbbing and a metallic taste (which was the taste of bacteria, apparently), no defined lump though.
    'Twas my wisdom tooth poking up and causing a fold and so a pocket of gum above it, which collected food particles and festered.
    Got a prescription of tough antibiotics and the dentist sticking what she called 'antiseptic fibres' into the gum. Maybe go and get that, since you've potentially blurted a load of bacteria and shit all over your mouth by popping that sucker.
  • jonsaan 22 Jan 2011 16:51:57 25,342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Mowgli, gargle with TCP or something similar for a few days, you really want to keep that uninfected!

    Agreed. If that sucker gets infected you'll be begging your other half to kill you. Go to the dentist.

    FCUTA!

  • Lexx87 22 Jan 2011 17:01:09 20,869 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Go to the dentist.

    Make out your will.

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 17:55:19
    DaM wrote:
    Mowgli, gargle with TCP or something similar for a few days, you really want to keep that uninfected!
    Good advice and something I forgot about tbh. Diluted some with water and am gargling it every now and then. Should be enough. IF not I'll start dabbing it.
  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 17:59:24
    mowgli, you're an idiot. That is all.

  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 18:04:37
    F_S, you fit in. Honestly you do.
  • matt6666 22 Jan 2011 18:36:03 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Scary shit. Had a red lump on my gum and a google had me convinced it was cancer.. Had it removed and diagnosed as nothing but worrying none the less.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Jan 2011 18:37:39 37,763 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think mowgli needs to do something with that lump between his ears as well.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Dirtbox 22 Jan 2011 18:40:48 77,680 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I weep for the future of law.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 18:44:50
    "for the future of law" Lol!
  • Deleted user 22 January 2011 18:49:55
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I weep for the future of law.

    heh.
  • silentbob 22 Jan 2011 18:56:35 28,956 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Nah, because it's gone now. Completely cleared up in the space of a day :D

    Last time I went to the dentist after rupturing it he said it was all good. Well, not quite 'all good', but as it went away there was nothing to worry about.
    That doesn't alter the fact that the decision and action was filled with concentrated twuntage hence the blize remark!

    Anyway, you got your attention so be happy.

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • BinaryBob101 22 Jan 2011 20:21:16 22,635 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I weep for the future of his in-laws.

    This also.

    Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

  • jonsaan 22 Jan 2011 20:31:08 25,342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    "for the future of law" Lol!

    LAWL

    FCUTA!

  • caligari 17 Jun 2013 01:59:59 17,022 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm currently on antibiotics in an attempt to rid myself of one of these nasty bastards (an abscess, not a Mowgli).

    It feels SO ripe - do they just go away or should I attempt to pop the thing?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Jun 2013 06:34:19 37,763 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't pop it! You run the risk of infection then.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • neilka 17 Jun 2013 08:45:06 15,844 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What about the abscess?
  • Deleted user 17 June 2013 09:24:28
    I suggest swigging a large quantity of tequila and sitting on a comfy chair. Before too long you'll be far more worried about something else rather than a lump on your gums.
  • Load_2.0 17 Jun 2013 09:38:56 19,130 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    I'm currently on antibiotics in an attempt to rid myself of one of these nasty bastards (an abscess, not a Mowgli).

    It feels SO ripe - do they just go away or should I attempt to pop the thing?
    Yes but make the most of it by roleplaying as Reptile from Mortal Kombat. Buy a balaclava, run into the street, burst it and spit the puss in a strangers face while hissing.
  • Steve_Perry 17 Jun 2013 09:43:24 3,871 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    caligari wrote:
    I'm currently on antibiotics in an attempt to rid myself of one of these nasty bastards (an abscess, not a Mowgli).

    It feels SO ripe - do they just go away or should I attempt to pop the thing?
    Yes but make the most of it by roleplaying as Reptile from Mortal Kombat. Buy a balaclava, run into the street, burst it and spit the puss in a strangers face while hissing.
    I approve of this.

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

Log in or register to reply