No lifers clear ALL WotLK raids after a few days.

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • Dizzy 16 Nov 2008 15:35:24 2,706 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes... apparently all raids in the game box have been cleared (3 raids missing at the moments will be implemented in an upcoming patch).

We have no life

We have spent a considerable amount of time forging the greatest roster ever assembled in this game and we are now ready to take on anything that is released

ROFL

Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?

And ROFL again.
  • Pike 16 Nov 2008 15:37:59 13,447 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not surprising. Everything was already cleared during the Beta. It was just Naxx redux after all, plus one short 25 man, AFAIK. All the most hardcore guilds would clear it as soon as they had 25 people at 80 since theey already had done it in Beta, and to some extent at level 60. The rest of us will have plenty to do,
  • Psychotext 16 Nov 2008 15:40:18 54,297 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Faced with the prospect of spending time away from WoW many of the TwentyFifthNovember clan were found weeping into their keyboards this weekend...
  • morriss 16 Nov 2008 15:40:51 71,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You might as well be talking Swedish, Pike. Makes no sense to me! ;)
  • Nostrus 16 Nov 2008 16:11:45 376 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    End of the day, these guys are the bleeding edge of raid progression. We'll just have to see what happens from here on out. The rank and file (the rest of us) will have plenty of time to complete these things.

Btw, what you be as condescending of someone who, say, spent several days up tuning cars?
  • darkmorgado 16 Nov 2008 16:14:52 15,560 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nostrus wrote:
    End of the day, these guys are the bleeding edge of raid progression.

The bleeding edge of tragic, more like. lolamirite?

Btw, what you be as condescending of someone who, say, spent several days up tuning cars?
    I'd most certainly hope so.

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Dizzy 17 Nov 2008 08:08:52 2,706 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago

Doesn't that require actual skill instead of just time?

Seriously... this is not a great achievement. My girlfriend said that this is like being the best in the world at "Hungry Hungry Hippos" instead of Chess. WoW raiding is not a skill based activity. It is just time, gear and the ability to follow orders and oh yea.. plenty of time.

And BTW I am an end game raider in WoW... I just think clearing all content in 3 days is totally fucked up especially if you whine that the game has become casual. Yes it has become casual and it should stay like that because all people need to enjoy the hard work that Blizzard people put into the game. If you are looking for some crazy online challenge play CS or some Korean MMO.
  • reflux 17 Nov 2008 10:39:51 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Blizzard should just release a boss that can't be killed so that the raid CAN'T be completed. It would drive those virgins insane.
  • ecureuil 17 Nov 2008 10:41:49 76,870 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reflux wrote:
    Blizzard should just release a boss that can't be killed so that the raid CAN'T be completed. It would drive those virgins insane.

This. Might kill a few people off as they stay up until they die trying to beat it. Natural selection at its best.
  • phAge 17 Nov 2008 10:47:32 24,372 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    Doesn't that require actual skill instead of just time?

Seriously... this is not a great achievement. My girlfriend said that this is like being the best in the world at "Hungry Hungry Hippos" instead of Chess. WoW raiding is not a skill based activity. It is just time, gear and the ability to follow orders and oh yea.. plenty of time.
    Dedicated WOW-players are *very* good at not having much of a life, though. Got to admire that.
  • shamblemonkee 17 Nov 2008 10:49:02 14,431 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, that's one way to suck the fun out of a game - do it all in beta then again once live after powerlevelling to 80 then claim it's not hardcore enough. Should give them a Hell mode ala Diablo, see how they like that.

• Bloodloss 17 Nov 2008 10:54:52 4,499 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think Blizzard should purposefully try to annoy its paying customers really. What would happen is it would be quickly realised by all these "virgins" reading about it on the WoW forums and such and therefore not bother with it. Though before they've completed what seemed like impossible dungeons that were so buggy that you got 1-hit killed and such.

Anyway congratulations to them I guess, if they want to spend their time like this then that's fine by me, I find it odd that others feel the need to insult them and get annoyed by it. Blizzard only only put in one proper raid dungeon in the game, plus 3 mini-dungeons, at least one of which is a walk in the park. Their proper raid dungeon was a rehash of one that already existed, and had been on the beta for months, so that everyone and their mother could find out what the revised tactics were.
  • otto Moderator 17 Nov 2008 10:55:35 49,320 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Problem with a Hell mode is that they'd demand correspondingly epic loot so you still end up with us casuals feeling a bit miffed that we'll never get our hands on the really decent gear, etc etc.

It's just a fact of life that this is very much a mass-market mass-appeal game by its very nature, so finding a reasonable compromise between keeping the vast majority of players who can't do more than a couple of hours a couple of nights a week, or who are basically shit, or both (like me), and the minority who are highly competitive and basically sink their entire lives into extracting every last ounce of content from the game as quickly as possible, well, it's hard. (and breathe)

On the whole Blizzard seem to be pretty good at trying to keep both camps as satisfied as possible under the circumstances.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Genji 17 Nov 2008 10:55:41 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    reflux wrote:

This. Might kill a few people off as they stay up until they die trying to beat it. Natural selection at its best.
    "I told you I was hardcore"
  • shamblemonkee 17 Nov 2008 11:09:48 14,431 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sure it's their choice to play like this, i think most of the hate being sent their way is because of the tone of their announcement that htey had done it - asking if Blizzard had miscalculated... I think it's pretty obvious otto is correct and the fact is no they didn't they arent calculating for the hardcore they're calculating for the majority.
  • Dizzy 17 Nov 2008 11:12:32 2,706 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    reflux wrote:

They tried this once with Ch'thun ;) Pissed off the raiders.
  • Psychotext 17 Nov 2008 11:13:52 54,297 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I remember at least one unkillable boss on WoW.
  • Benno 17 Nov 2008 11:20:02 9,927 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still don't understand why you call them no-lifers at every corner. Are you insecure?
  • Dizzy 17 Nov 2008 11:42:07 2,706 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    >Are you insecure?

ROFL.

No I know how much a timesink WoW is since I play it myself, it only took them 68 hours in 3 days. I am sure they had a great life outside that.
  • Benno 17 Nov 2008 11:43:34 9,927 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just think its silly people calling them virgins and no-lifers. It's all relative isn't it. Theres plenty of people out there who think we are no-lifers just for playing the game. I bet some people say you are no-lifers for posting on this forum.

People seemed to be scared and defensive whenever someone doing something different comes along who doesn't have the same lifestyle as them. It's one of the most childish things on the internet. Just leave them to it.
  • TechnoHippy 17 Nov 2008 11:45:38 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aren't prisoners allowed to play WoW then?

/Misreads thread title :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• rudedudejude 17 Nov 2008 11:46:09 2,186 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You guys need to realise that Wow geeks will clear/complete anything and everything thrown at them from Blizzard in stupid amounts of time as they have no life whatsoever. I have spoke to people online that play this for 8 hours a day each day and have no friends outside of WoW and their parents.

This really isn't news, WoW geeks clear content is like hearing the BBC report news about baby p.
  • El_MUERkO 17 Nov 2008 11:46:18 17,047 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:

Raiding skillz

more to the left, you're not getting the secondary debuff, and switch out for your amulet of grind for a lower dps spike!
  • Benno 17 Nov 2008 11:46:46 9,927 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    >Are you insecure?

ROFL.

No I know how much a timesink WoW is since I play it myself, it only took them 68 hours in 3 days. I am sure they had a great life outside that.

So what do you consider a "life" then? eating? sleeping? fucking hot girls? clubbing?

They are not molestering your children, nor killing your next door neighbour or feeding drugs onto the streets, yet people seem to get so passionately offensive towards them. Whatever.
  • RedSparrows 17 Nov 2008 11:51:21 22,880 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WoW does take skill. in at least taking the initiative and being able to work out exactly what to do and when: that's partially why some people are so much more successful than others. People say WoW takes no skill, and then see an 'undergeared' person kick the crap out of a better person because they outplayed them.

Anyway.

I think this is sad, not in terms of 'losers', but sad that they rushed through what is supposed to be savoured. They're bleeding edge, yadda yadda yadda, but imo they cut off their noses to spite their faces, and so they can go yaaaay now we'll be bored because Blizz can't release 1 dungeon a month, BOOOO.

If many other guilds do this super fast (bearing in mind there are 3 more dungeons to come or w/e) then maybe, but I don't know why ye'd bother. Oh epeen, I forgot.
  • Trane 17 Nov 2008 11:51:34 4,053 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PvE is hard.

Sometimes there is fire, which you move out of.
  • magicpanda 17 Nov 2008 11:52:38 13,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm 73 and a little bit with a couple of very late nights under my belt.

It's a very close 4 horse race to 80 atm in our guild. I reckon 1st place is in the bag unless Maven has taken this week off. Not sure if the main contender is jobless/student/prisoner though. They are all hovering around 76/77.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous