Guitar Hero World Tour Drum Kit - Orange Cymbal

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Gavvie 14 Nov 2008 20:32:50 183 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, I've posted this in the official GH forums as well, but haven't got a response yet, so I figured I'd try here and see if anybody could help me. Here we go:

So, this morning I receieved World Tour. "Hurrah", I thought, having waited God knows how long for the game to come out. Imagine my dismay, then, when the orange cymbal suddenly crapped out.

I was two songs into the Tool gig on Drum Career, and the orange cymbal just stopped responding. I hadn't been hitting it hard during my play session, it just suddenly stopped responding to all hits.

Following advice on these forums, I swapped the orange and yellow cymbals around, and the yellow cymbal worked fine using the orange's connections, so there's definately something wrong internally on the cymbal. I couldn't however find anybody with the same problem or similar, hence why I'm starting a new topic.

I am NOT prepared to send the cymbal back to Activision or RedOctane or whoever. I've already spent 150 on the game, and I'm not prepared to pay more to send it back (also, I can't afford to).

As an additional complaint, Activision and RedOctane were aware of drum kit problems when WT launched in America three/four weeks ago. You would've thought that there wouldn't be any kits from that defective batch still in circulation, yet clearly they are. Turning a blind eye to the problem and forcing your consumers isn't exactly the best way to deal with it either, especially when you've got an improving competitor called Rock Band breathing down your neck.

Anyway, rant over. Anybody got any solutions that won't knacker up the warrenty, and doesn't include paying these money-grabbers any more than they've already got?
  • lildolph 2 Jan 2009 17:49:17 1 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    hi - Has anyone contacted you yet? I was curious b/c my boyfriend and I bought the kit last night and are having the EXACT same issue. I thought he was going to throw the thing out the window.... did you have to send it back? Can we take it back? I'm trying to figure out what we can do since it's obviously defective and we spent WAY too much money on it to just be stuck with it! Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions since you've been through this already!
  • Tweakmonkey 2 Jan 2009 17:59:34 1,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Contacting the manufacturer is usually the recommended approach to these things. Look for a telephone hotline or something.
  • Ryze 2 Jan 2009 18:11:31 3,125 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Take it back to the shop? Or am I missing something?
  • mmmmmm 3 Jan 2009 00:20:21 38 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, if it's defective you should be able to take it back to the shop.
  • Flying_Pig 3 Jan 2009 11:34:38 11,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ryze wrote:
    Take it back to the shop? Or am I missing something?

This. My red pad stopped working, so I took it back to Game to get a replacement set. Best to call them first to make sure the shop still has some stock...
  • rauper Staff 3 Jan 2009 11:55:15 3,321 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My kickdrum pedal thingy hasn't worked since I got the game :(( Makes some songs rather hard to complete!
  • TFM_Excalibur 9 Jan 2009 22:53:21 1,063 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    go to the red otcane uk warranty site and claim a new one i had to do that with a bass pedal as mine snapped with over usage lol my guitar strum crapped out as well
  • Stretch 10 Jan 2009 11:12:23 122 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do you think that I'll be able to take mine back to the shop with the following issue:?

My Blue pad is WAAAAY over sensitive - if I hit it with anything harder than a feather weight tap it usually registers 2 hits and destroys my multiplier - not game breaking, but definitely annoying!

And my yellow cymbal only works if I spend a couple of mins faffing with the jack plug - it seems to need to be at exactly the correct angle before it'll work... again, not game breaking, but damn annoying!
  • ram 10 Jan 2009 11:24:07 3,481 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you got the free midi cable from Red Octane? I got one sent and it sorted out the orange cymbal which wasn't sensitive enough. Should sort out your blue pad and maybe your yellow cymbal.
  • Stretch 10 Jan 2009 11:38:58 122 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have not - and have heard of no such thing - do tell!!! How do I get it and what does it do?

(not that its a problem but...) will this then make it a wired controller? will it still need batteries?
  • TFM_Excalibur 10 Jan 2009 21:19:14 1,063 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stretch wrote:
    I have not - and have heard of no such thing - do tell!!! How do I get it and what does it do?

(not that its a problem but...) will this then make it a wired controller? will it still need batteries?

http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/redoctane.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21748&p_created=1225236414&p_sid=r-YqIIhj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD01MjgsNTI4JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

there you go mate, as far i can tell it still needs batteries and my laptop wont save the configs inside the program which annoying as i have to keep the cable connected, and the cable is like 6 inches lol
  • Stretch 11 Jan 2009 00:08:17 122 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for that, not fully sure that it'll fix my cymbal issue, but think it'll sort the blue pad which will be great.

Nice one =)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next