Advice wanted on 360 co-op games

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Pinewood_Groves 30 Oct 2008 09:40:39 1,347 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Could anyone recommend any 360 games with good ONLINE co-op? Doesn't matter if they have bad singleplayer or whatever. Also, old or new, doesn't matter as long as they are fun. Cheap is always good, of course!

We have already played/are playing (with brackets opinions):
    Gears of War (alright)
    Halo 3 (great)
    Crackdown (great)
    Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 (great)
    Mercenaries 2 (not great)
    EDF (not online, but otherwise amazing)

Thanks!
  • Page1 30 Oct 2008 09:42:28 2,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Army of two? Only 15 on play.com
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Oct 2008 09:44:52 9,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saints row 2 is a scream on co-op.
  • DFawkes 30 Oct 2008 09:47:42 24,052 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tenchu Z. Yes, I am pushing this again, but when you run your blade across one samurais throat, then turn around to see another almost upon you suddenly get dragged up to the roof, then having his body throw down and your co-op partner dropping down in triumph, you'll know why. Cheap too.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• convercide 30 Oct 2008 09:48:20 6,205 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saints Row 2. Seriously. Get it now. It's the most fun you'll have co-op. As much fun as Crackdown at the very least.

GRAW 2 has some great online co-op maps, especially if you get the latest release. You can play with up to 16 players taking out enemies if your connection can cope with it.

I really like Tenchu Z and that's 4 player co-op. The comms can get laggy so it's preferable to have two of you playing in private chat.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Pinewood_Groves 30 Oct 2008 09:52:33 1,347 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unfortunately I'm allergic to gangsta, so Saint's Row 2 is out. Thanks for the other suggestions though!
  • Doomspoon 30 Oct 2008 10:24:24 2,514 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you don't mind stepping backwards, how about the original Xbox Rainbow Six games? The terrorist hunts on those don't have the random spawning terrorist clusters like the new ones do.

How about Assault Heroes or Metal Slug 3 for XBLA scrolling shooty co-op antics?

Lego Star Wars Complete? Easy pick up and play, drop in and out co-op gameplay.
  • trav 30 Oct 2008 10:32:31 947 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Tenchu Z. Yes, I am pushing this again, but when you run your blade across one samurais throat, then turn around to see another almost upon you suddenly get dragged up to the roof, then having his body throw down and your co-op partner dropping down in triumph, you'll know why. Cheap too.

Have to admit, just that sentence makes it sound awesome
  • DFawkes 30 Oct 2008 11:14:17 24,052 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd try the demo first though, it's not popular with most. The sword combat, if you bother, is bloody awful. But, apart from 3 bosses in the entire game that force you to, you aren't supposed to.

You gain money and customise your character, so every person online looks different - I've seen army commandos with guns as accessories, and more standard ninjas all in black. It's gaining that extra skill/accessory that keeps you coming back, plus learning the maps and going through doing perfect stealth kills (of which there at least 13 different types, and that's just a qucik count in my head) makes you feel like a ninja god.

It does get repetitive, but I do insist try the demo if possible, and at least twice - I despised the rubbish controls and crumby combat at first, but second playthrough it all clicked and I was slashing people without them knowing.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Retroid Moderator 30 Oct 2008 11:28:45 45,310 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Work considering some BC Xbox stuff;

Doom 3
    Ghost Recon 2 (+ Summit Strike)
  • chips_an_beans 30 Oct 2008 13:37:19 7 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't know what its like over XBL but castle crashers on XBLarcade with a few mates was brilliant. killed off and entire night and then some Like EDF its simple but effective :)

- lots weapons some hidden and all with different properties (including a HUGE slab of steak),
    - magic spell (different for each character)
    - levelling up (including leveling up your magic spell),
    - combos,
    - ride animals (golden axe stylee),
    - find little floating pet things that give you a bonus for having them,
    - up to 4 player side scrolling non stop action to the end.

worth the MS points if you and few mates are bored and need to kill a night (and them some)
  • Pinewood_Groves 30 Oct 2008 13:45:10 1,347 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, forgot to mention Castle Crashers, but it is brilliant!

On co-op live arcade I also have Doom, Duke3d and Ikaruga.
  • figgis 30 Oct 2008 13:50:17 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Castle Crashers is great.
  • caligari 10 Apr 2009 00:51:15 17,194 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bumpety bump.

I'm looking for decent co-op games to play with a friend.

What would you guys recommend?

/adds Castle Crashers to list :p
  • Frayed.Knot 10 Apr 2009 00:56:37 605 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Resi 5?

/Obvious
  • Beetroot_Bertie 10 Apr 2009 10:18:38 302 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably obvious too but I think Gears 2 is very good co-op, especially with mates. Some of the environments are stunning and the multiplayer co-op mode 'Horde' is very good because you're all together against progressively harder waves of locust. I also think XBLA 'Assault Heroes' is quite good fun for a while too. Guitar Hero is also great fun co-op. I've not played Rock Band or GH: World Tour but I'd imagine they would be ultimate co-op if you can get 4 or 5 mates together.
  • GaidenZero 10 Apr 2009 15:24:48 21 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has to be Left 4 Dead - One of the greatest co-op experiences out there. Also backed up by free DLC courtesy of Valve. You really have to play co-operatively to stay alive. Brilliant!!

• Frayed.Knot 10 Apr 2009 15:28:59 605 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The co-op multiplayer component from Splinter Cell was great fun. Organising simultaneous kills and clandestine pincer movements. Very short though.
  • ronuds 10 Apr 2009 15:35:28 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GRAW 2's co-op is "decent" imo. It's a little cheesy how they put you on MP maps, except with some enemies. Still fun, but I don't know if I'd recommend.

A lot of people would probably disagree with me, but COD: WaW has some excellent co-op.

So, my vote is for:
    CoD: WaW
  • caligari 7 Jun 2009 19:34:40 17,194 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    GRAW 2's co-op is "decent" imo. It's a little cheesy how they put you on MP maps, except with some enemies. Still fun, but I don't know if I'd recommend.

A lot of people would probably disagree with me, but COD: WaW has some excellent co-op.

So, my vote is for:
    CoD: WaW

Is it right that GRAW 2 co-op doesn't allow you to use the 'cover' system? Or was that just the first game?

I'm still looking for decent co-op games - we've polished off both of the Vegas games and Left 4 Dead, and we've downloaded Streets of Rage 2 and Castle Crashers from Live.

I think we're looking for something a little more 'laid back' at the mo.

GTA 4 or Fable 2, perhaps?
  • Inquisitor Moderator 7 Jun 2009 19:39:49 14,559 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fable is a little frustrating thanks to the camera being locked to the host. As mentioned above things like Saints Row 2 and Crackdown are awesome in co-op. Halo 3 is of course one of the best.
  • Benno 7 Jun 2009 19:42:23 10,268 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crackdown is where its at
  • caligari 22 Feb 2013 00:03:15 17,194 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BUMP.

Any recent/decent co-op games out there that I might have missed? I've recently re-discovered 'Guardian of Light' - anything similarly awesome would be...well...awesome.
  • richardiox 22 Feb 2013 00:10:19 5,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Since this thread died?

Portal 2 is great in c-op
    Rayman Origins Co-op (local multiplayer only though)
    Lego LOTR if you're a fan of the films
    Minecraft?!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Feb 2013 06:28:22 39,762 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Halo 4 if you like your FPS games. The campaign AND Spartan Ops will keep you going a good long time.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• caligari 25 Feb 2013 18:21:48 17,194 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He's seven, and his mother is a little strict when it comes to him playing games that are rated at '16'. I'm a little confused as to why it does have such a high rating - surely there's more violence in a film such as Avatar, and that's only a 12.

Cheers for the other tips, chaps - we've already had a bit of fun with the Lego games (LOTR, Indy etc) and Rayman Origins.

I only ever play the games whilst sitting next to him, so local co-op is best. :)
  • andytheadequate 25 Feb 2013 22:30:39 8,360 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Minecraft is all you need
  • pinebear 25 Feb 2013 22:45:34 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If it's local co-op you could try Treasure Treasure: FFEE and Qoccer from the indie games section. Also, the spy thing about hiding in a crowd: Hidden in Plain Sight.

• andytheadequate 25 Feb 2013 23:13:44 8,360 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hidden in plain sight is a lot of fun, although can get a bit dull after a while.

What's qoccer?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous