Spotify Page 4

• Page

of 28 First / Last

• ProfessorLesser 28 Feb 2009 18:30:57 19,417 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why do you need an invite for this? Am confused.

Anyway, someone check out VWF with me. They're fucking awesome and I need someone else to appreciate them.

Slightly disappointed by the lack of soundtracks and game music etc available, but hey, I guess you can't have everything, and it does have practically everything else, so I'll let it off.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2009 18:34:44
    Very impressed. iPhone and symbian clients are on their way...
  • ecu 28 Feb 2009 18:39:11 77,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Why do you need an invite for this? Am confused.

Anyway, someone check out VWF with me. They're fucking awesome and I need someone else to appreciate them.

Slightly disappointed by the lack of soundtracks and game music etc available, but hey, I guess you can't have everything, and it does have practically everything else, so I'll let it off.

You don't need an invite anymore, do you? Thought they opened it up for everyone recently. Might have been UK-only.
  • ProfessorLesser 28 Feb 2009 18:40:24 19,417 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahh that'd explain it.

Anyway VWF! VWF! Family Man and Get Your Kicks are excellent.
  • rudedudejude 5 Mar 2009 13:24:43 2,254 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You Spotify users see this?

all ur passwurds are mineeeee!
  • TheStylishHobo 5 Mar 2009 14:55:32 3,185 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:
    You Spotify users see this?

all ur passwurds are mineeeee!

I am confident I signed up just early January, after the "late 2008" hack.

Even if I wasn't, I am probably to lazy to change every password and also, surely something would have happened by now if someone had access to all our passwords.

Second linky
  • Tonka 5 Mar 2009 15:19:21 21,360 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plays some celebratory Puddy Cat!

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Benno 16 Mar 2009 20:48:01 10,268 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus christ this program is insanely good, I could spend hours on it finding new bands.
  • gareth886 16 Mar 2009 21:04:02 2,841 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is indeed brilliant + lightweight too.
  • HiddenAway 21 Mar 2009 12:25:39 15,000 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Decided to give this a go. I searched for 2 favourite (ish) but exceptionally obscure artists in the classical world - and I found them!

/Listens to Clocks - by 12 Girls Band :p

Gaming soundtracks too obscure for general search then? :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• ecu 28 Mar 2009 23:02:43 77,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, what do the bars to the right of the track length represent? Song rating? Popularity? It's not clear.
  • Benno 28 Mar 2009 23:04:05 10,268 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Considering the tab is called Popularity, I would go for that...
  • ecu 28 Mar 2009 23:06:23 77,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What tab?
  • ecu 28 Mar 2009 23:14:20 77,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh I see, the column names don't come up if you're on the artist page.
  • ProfessorLesser 28 Mar 2009 23:16:18 19,417 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    12 years of Die Prinzen!! :D
  • HiddenAway 30 Mar 2009 12:55:13 15,000 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spotify to start selling downloads

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Balboa 30 Mar 2009 13:08:09 442 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Spotify has found that far fewer users then expected are handing over the cash for a monthly subscription"

Yeah. That's because your free service doesn't rape us with ads, guys. You need to really start reaming our cornholes :p

The 7digital deal is cool, but I can't imagine it'll work any better than subs. We're already listening for free, why would we pay (aside from the occasional ipod-filling)?
  • Gosammy 31 Mar 2009 00:17:47 64 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spotify is always on my computer now - great little player and the quality is great too!
  • ecu 31 Mar 2009 00:31:22 77,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Balboa wrote:
    "Spotify has found that far fewer users then expected are handing over the cash for a monthly subscription"

Yeah. That's because your free service doesn't rape us with ads, guys. You need to really start reaming our cornholes :p

The 7digital deal is cool, but I can't imagine it'll work any better than subs. We're already listening for free, why would we pay (aside from the occasional ipod-filling)?

I can really see this service getting worse, since it's almost too good to be true. It can't last. If you listen to an album, you get one set of adverts during the whole lot, and it's usually really a really short ad, too. The program itself has adverts that appear, but generally you'll have the program minimised in the task bar anyway. I basically have all this music available to me for free, I can't see how record companies and bands are profiting from this at all, let alone Spotify. I reckon we'll see a lot more audio adverts come in to it, maybe once every three songs, and they'll be longer. I can't see how it's viable otherwise.

As for subscriptions, they're too expensive. 9.99 per month is a lot of money to pay for such a service, and I certainly wouldn't. I'd probably pay 3 or maybe 4 per month, but there'd have to be more benefits.

I'm enjoying Spotify while I have it, it's truly the biggest revolution in music since Napster imo, and when it gets really popular I think we'll see record companies realising just how much money they could be making from it, and they'll start demanding more money or pulling music from the service entirely. Either way, the consumer is going to suffer.
  • Zomoniac 31 Mar 2009 08:38:57 7,997 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    As for subscriptions, they're too expensive. 9.99 per month is a lot of money to pay for such a service, and I certainly wouldn't. I'd probably pay 3 or maybe 4 per month, but there'd have to be more benefits.

I'm enjoying Spotify while I have it, it's truly the biggest revolution in music since Napster imo, and when it gets really popular I think we'll see record companies realising just how much money they could be making from it, and they'll start demanding more money or pulling music from the service entirely. Either way, the consumer is going to suffer.

If they've got any sense they'll drop the sub price to 4-5.99 and put in three times as many ads. Whilst I'm not complaining at how great it is, they are being far too generous, it can't work as a business model in its current state. If they increase the adverts to the point where it's a bit annoying but not enough to drive people away, but drop the sub price to the point where people will impulsively go for it if the ads are a tad irritating, everyone wins. We're getting it too good at the moment. I've only been listening to it in 4 or 5 song blocks at the moment whenever I've been on my computer for 20 minutes, and I haven't actually heard an ad on Spotify in weeks, despite using it almost daily.
  • monkeyspasm 31 Mar 2009 09:02:34 2,823 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's only in it's current form so everyone will start using it.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
  • Tonka 31 Mar 2009 09:05:24 21,360 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:If they increase the adverts to the point where it's a bit annoying but [...] and I haven't actually heard an ad on Spotify in weeks, despite using it almost daily.

It depends on what you listen to. Try "Absolute Hits 2008" for a while and you will get some ads. Listen to some Japanese Jazz and you go ad free.

But I agree that they need to chuck ads around. I'm just worried that there are no ads to chuck around.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• monkeyspasm 31 Mar 2009 09:10:56 2,823 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As has been said, as great as it is in it's current form - to make it commercially viable, they need to increase the ads, make it 4-5 quid a month and they'd have loads of signups.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2009 15:43:18
    I find the amount of content to be quite limited. It's not great for obscurities.
  • Ginger 1 Apr 2009 15:57:04 6,918 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psymonsays78 wrote:
    I find the amount of content to be quite limited. It's not great for obscurities.
    you're so cool.

tbh, if they dropped it to a few quid a month, i'd probably subscribe

London open taekwondo champion

• ecu 1 Apr 2009 16:35:13 77,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's pretty good for obscurities, considering it's totally free, the amount of content is phenomenal.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2009 16:49:05
    @Ginger

I wasn't trying to sound cool. I was just stating that it's not that great for finding more obscure stuff. I should have added that apart from that it's pretty good. Espesh for something that's free.
  • thelatestmodel 6 Apr 2009 13:33:21 364 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't suppose anyone's got any spare invites? PM me if you're feeling nice, I'll be your best friend :)
  • Huntcjna 6 Apr 2009 14:00:28 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This program is absolutely astoundingly brilliant.

Im currently listening to the new Mastadon album at work which I bought last Monday but its great to just be able to listen to it on my desktop when I feel like it.
  • Page

of 28 First / Last