Movember Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• mal 6 Nov 2009 14:46:59 22,710 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've not got a proper tash yet, but give it a few more days and it'll have filled in enough. It's turned out a bit more well-shaped than I was hoping for - I was hoping for a Tom Selleck, but I'll have to rethink that.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• ScoutTech 6 Nov 2009 15:12:28 2,425 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just have long stubble at the moment! Must be a slow grower.
  • mattigan 6 Nov 2009 16:53:17 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After a slow start mine's actually starting to not look so bad (still terrible though), worryingly I appear to be tortoise shell in the facial hair colour department :'(
  • ScoutTech 8 Nov 2009 21:24:23 2,425 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmmm, I have managed to find a patch that doesn't grow, right where I wanted my tach to go :( Not looking to bad, I just look like a psycho Aussie
  • LockeTribal 8 Nov 2009 22:35:49 4,525 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not bad at all Scout :{D Wish mine was as well on as that at this point, at this rate I'll be lucky if I end up looking like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite ;)
  • mal 9 Nov 2009 14:08:30 22,710 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not bad going Scout. I'm also not too successful at beard growth in that area, which is why I've just gone for a Charles Bronson, though if I'm not careful it might end up more Maurice Bronson. Still, just stopped being itchy today so it's all good from here!

• CosmicFuzz 9 Nov 2009 14:42:44 24,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've went for the tash and tickler combo myself. Is looking pretty good though I think, nice and thick. Feel like a twat though :-) good fun!

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• istandfreed 9 Nov 2009 15:12:54 2,399 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've just let mine grow randomly and free. Tis itchy now but it's better than I thought it would be. Have the week off work for MW:2 so will continue to let it fly unhindered before trying to salvage some dignity.
  • mal 9 Nov 2009 18:07:13 22,710 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I've went for the tash and tickler combo myself. Is looking pretty good though I think, nice and thick. Feel like a twat though :-) good fun!
    Yeah, I've been growing the tickler too, just in case the moustache isn't enough on its own. For the moment, I'm keeping it.

• y2rich 14 Nov 2009 03:54:15 1,390 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/468111

Thar be my Movember site. Only set it up today as I thought we were doing a team one (rugby lads) but turns out we're doing it all separate. Not expecting donations from anyone but its there for you all to giggle at.
  • LockeTribal 17 Nov 2009 20:58:19 4,525 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How grows the mo's lads? Mine's coming on quite well now actually, plus got my first few donations there over the weekend too :)
  • mal 18 Nov 2009 01:15:05 22,710 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mine's looking more like a tash every day. Three separate people have told me I now look Spanish.

No-one's donated anything to me yet, despite handing out about 15 cards. Not that I've actually asked anyone in so many words.

• CosmicFuzz 18 Nov 2009 07:53:50 24,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine's is looking great! Coming in nice and thick, I think it'll be awesome by the end of the month.

Although I am looking forward to shaving it off!

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• LockeTribal 23 Nov 2009 22:16:50 4,525 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only a week to go now! My mo' is actually starting to look like a moustache now (about time!).

Been getting a fair few donations too, so that's definitely a plus too :{D

How the rest of you getting on?
  • CosmicFuzz 24 Nov 2009 00:27:33 24,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mines is a proper tache now which is ace, lots of people have been commenting on it. However, it has shown me that I really don't like having it, no matter how impressive it may look or feel (I spend entire lectures playing with my soulpatch). Am looking forward to shaving it off soon!

Ah well, was fun to do and all for a good cause :-D or should that be :-{D

• mal 24 Nov 2009 02:38:40 22,710 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, mine's pretty much there now. Could do with a couple more weeks to look like a lifelong tash, but it's only going to get one. People keep asking me if I'm going to keep it, but there's no chance of that. Takes too long to shave round in the morning.

• mal 30 Nov 2009 00:48:15 22,710 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, last day people! How's it been?

What I've learned is that people don't consider looking a tit for a month to be as worthy as running for about an hour, judging by how many people haven't sponsored me.

But on the positive side, it's been interesting to see how it works. It's worth trying most things once.

• Gland 30 Nov 2009 00:48:54 78,481 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    5/10

Deeply average.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• LockeTribal 30 Nov 2009 11:19:13 4,525 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've actually been pleasantly suprised by the reaction i've gotten. Raised around 500 or so in the last couple of weeks. Not a massive amount i know but it's still something.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Nov 2009 11:22:09 24,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, that's amazing money! I've raised a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of that! I agree with mal, people seem to less eager to give money compared to when I ran my 10k - maybe they see it as growing a moustache is much easier than running? (I suppose it is, but it's still hell!)

Can't wait to shave this baby off tomorrow morning, it's far too thick and i can just feel it going over my lips etc the whole time, urrrgggh.

• Whizzo 20 Oct 2010 13:33:14 43,197 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've decided to throw my face in the ring (?) and donate my upper lip to the cause of fighting prostate cancer, my grandad died of the Big C in March and while it wasn't that form of the disease it gave me a kick to try and do something. As I'm far too lazy and decrepit to do anything like running a race or circumnavigating the globe hopping on one foot I thought this was the right thing to do.

If anyone can be arsed to donate my mospace is here.

edit: not sure what happened to the link first time I posted it!

This space left intentionally blank.

• moriss 20 Oct 2010 13:42:57 588 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    theres a bloke where i work thats such a LOOK AT ME, NO SERIOUSLY LOOK AT ME, IM SO HILARIOUS AND CHARISMATIC, YEAH EVERYTHING I SAY AND DO IS FALL-OVER-LAUGHING FUNNY cock that when he said he was planning to do this next month i decided there and then i wouldnt be givin him a single penny to justify his attention seeking handlebar that he told us in great detail he plans to cultivate, and ill just give the money directly to the charity. i really hate him.
  • moriss 20 Oct 2010 13:44:34 588 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thinkin about it i hope hes not one of you lol
  • guts 22 Oct 2010 18:49:27 1,690 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think I may join this year aswell, seeing as I couldn't be arsed to shave anyway htis week, and I'm off work next week. Get myself a nice bit of face fur and raiase a few quid in the process. I'm way to tubby for charity runs and the like. I will register later when the missus has gone to bed. She can't stop me then...
    mwah ha ha ha h ha ha.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• RyanDS 3 Nov 2010 10:15:15 9,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just set my page up etc. This is my pitch:

Hi All,

November has rolled around again so once again I am doing my yearly charity moustache growing for Movember.

My fund raising page has now been set up here: http://uk.movember.com/mospace/796374/

Details of the charity and such may be found on the same page.

Anybody who donates 2 or more goes into a raffle, winner will be drawn on the 15th of November and will win the right to dictate the style of tache that I will be wearing the rest of the month. Anything from the Charlie Chaplin to the Stalin goes. (Although to be fair the Stalin would take me an extra 3 months given the rather pathetic rate of growth I can acheive.)

Obviously I'd encourage anyone else to join in as well to make me look slightly less ridiculous.

Cheers

Ryan
  • CosmicFuzz 3 Nov 2010 11:18:37 24,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Movember is on! And im growing a handlebar moustache this year.

Or at least trying to, there seems to be a gap between the lower lip and top of chin part.

• Spin_Dr_Wolf 3 Nov 2010 11:41:42 6,170 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've already got a moustache, what about if i grew a wing commander version ?
  • Lukey__b 3 Nov 2010 11:44:19 3,716 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Movember is on! And im growing a handlebar moustache this year.

Or at least trying to, there seems to be a gap between the lower lip and top of chin part.

Ummmm..... do you realise a moustache is above your top lip? You may have been doing it wrong.

I've just shaved off my beard last night. Didn't leave a moustache as I looked like a paedo hipster the last time I tried that.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• billythekid 3 Nov 2010 11:47:01 11,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only style of moustache worth having.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Nov 2010 20:51:45 24,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How's everyone's mo going then? Mine's has gotten pretty thick on top, but I'm trying to grow it right down, proper biker style, and although there's some at the bottom there's a massive patch in the same spot both sides, so I just have an island of hair at the bottom of my chin :(

Anyhoo, shameless plug incoming...

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/495519/

Please donate! It's all for prostate cancer and thus a great cause. Didn't know that a guy dies every hour in the UK from it, scary stuff. We're aiming for 200, so even just a couple of quid makes all the difference!

Many thanks :)

• Page

of 7 First / Last