I Am Alive
    Sly Cooper trilogy
    Jak 2 & 3
    Oddworld: Munch & Stranger
    Batman AC
    Siren Blood Curse
    Red Dead Redemption
    Darksiders 2
    Literally dozens of others I can't remember right now (many due to PS+)

360:
    Gears 2
    The Witcher 2
    Fable 2
    Metro 2033
    Alan Wake

I'll probably not play the 360 games as I'm only borrowing the console and need to give it back soon. I've left out games I want to or intend to re-play, or those I'm not bothered about getting around to.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 19:59:45 03-03-2013
  • Bremenacht 3 Mar 2013 15:37:17 17,614 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I couldn't help but turn mine into a spreadsheet...
    Oh god, that's terrible. And now I want to do the same..

the shame..
    the terrible, terrible shame..
  • Mr-Brett 3 Mar 2013 16:00:52 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

Everyone loves spreadsheets.

Portable view - Never forget.

• docrob 3 Mar 2013 18:55:26 289 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I couldn't do a spreadsheet. I couldn't handle the guilt. It would end up the size of Belgium. And I hardly ever manage to finish anything before getting distracted by new shiny stuff.
  • onestepfromlost 3 Mar 2013 19:01:19 2,039 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah my spreadsheet would have to include steam games. So it would be stupidly long.
  • Mr-Brett 3 Mar 2013 19:03:35 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine is a selection of ones I think I might actually get around to. Otherwise it'd be about 250 rather than 40.

• onestepfromlost 3 Mar 2013 20:26:53 2,039 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was wondering how you had been so efficeient in lowering the backlog, didnt seem as mammoth as expected :)
  • Bremenacht 3 Mar 2013 22:15:02 17,614 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I successfully didn't buy Mark of the Ninja this weekend, when it was down to 4.

That's the secret of clearing backlogs! Stop buying.
  • Moz 3 Mar 2013 22:27:37 494 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was doing quite well at clearing my backlog. Then DotA2 happened over 60 hours in 3 weeks! Could have completed so many games with that time!!!! And Friday SimCity comes out!!! My single player games are doomed to site on the shelf forever now.
  • Shikasama 3 Mar 2013 23:02:16 6,634 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I successfully didn't buy Mark of the Ninja this weekend, when it was down to 4.

Yup exactly this.I'm on a 'no new game sin 2013' pledge and so far it has worked quite well (although Revengeance was a seriously big test).

It's making me go back to that Steam list and play games that I bought and never really looked at, such as the Runaway series which was extremely enjoyable.

I'm keeping a list of the games I actually complete and I'll post it up in one of the threads before the new year. Starting Dragon Age GOTY (which I completed about a hundred times on the xbox) was a bad idea as 47 hours into it Is eriously can't be arsed to finish it. I suppose I could shelve it for later.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 Mar 2013 23:49:21 2,674 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:

Yeah, I've not regularly bought any new releases since late 2011 so it has given me lots of time to catch up and try to clear those outstanding. Over the next few months I'll be getting God of War, Dragon's Dogma and The Last of Us on launch, and then that's probably it until around September or October, so hopefully I'll have another quiet year and I can do some more catching up.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 23:50:12 03-03-2013
  • dominalien 4 Mar 2013 07:19:08 6,839 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:

Not buying is all fine, but you also have to play the games you have, which I find I do less and less. I blame trophies.

I don't have a spreadsheet, I have a Writer document, but it looks similar. I also keep track of when I bought a given game and that's even more depressing than the sheer number of them.

PSN: DonOsito

• Rodney 4 Mar 2013 08:41:46 1,850 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a huge back log;

The Witcher 2
    Kingdom of Alamur
    Dead Space 2
    Mass Effect 2 / 3
    Halo 4
    Killzone 3
    Far Cry 3
    Assassins Creed 3
    Dsrk Souls
    Demon Souls
    Ico/SOTC HD
    Dishonoured
    X-Com
    WRC 3
    Unchartered 3

The problem is, I start playing games like Forza/SHIFT and I get all OCD and end up playing games past the point of boredom.

At the moment Im playing Motorstorm RC and its a great game but, really, I've had my fill yet I keep playing out of compulsion to get all 3xmedals on each track. I need to just move on when I get bored of a game

Edited by Rodney at 08:43:01 04-03-2013
  • Rodney 4 Mar 2013 08:46:18 1,850 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Realistically, it'll take me 2-3 years to play all that. Any one with a similar backlog thinking of postponing purchase of a 'next gen' console? I wonder if this will be a wider problem due to the long current gen and large (cheap) back catalogue
  • Big-Swiss 4 Mar 2013 08:51:00 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thank god, this thread makes me feel much better!

I really feel stressed somethimes cause of my back log, good to see there are others out there with the same problem / habbit.
  • Rodney 4 Mar 2013 08:57:14 1,850 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I forgot Borderlands 2. Not a good game for my OCD gaming nature
  • convercide 17 Apr 2013 19:57:38 5,926 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok my backlog is just silly:

Gears Of War 3
    Borderlands 2
    Neverdead
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Deadly Premonition
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    Hitman Absolution
    Red Faction Armageddon
    El Shaddai
    X-Com Enemy Unknown
    Lollipop Chainsaw
    Anarchy Reigns
    Alice: Madness Returns
    Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Silent Hill HD Collection
    Resident Evil 5
    Arkham City
    All the Skyrim DLC
    Fez
    Retro City Rampage

Currently paying Far Cry 3.

Barring GTA V and Dark Souls 2, I can't buy any more games.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• dancingrob 18 Apr 2013 09:39:59 1,156 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    backlog also silly, although I haven't actually paid money for a game this year (beyond using up some remaining MSP I had)

Gears 3 single player (I've played the MP a bit)
    Dishonored
    Fallout:NV & DLC
    Witcher 2
    Rage
    Alice:MR
    Catherine
    Gray Matter
    XCom
    Halo CE
    Halo 3
    de Blob 2
    GTA 4: Gay Tony
    Child of Eden
    Lucidity
    Anomaly Warzone Earth
    Mark of the Ninja
    I Am Alive
    Fez
    Zeno Clash
    Splosion Man
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    Spelunky

You can probably add Deus Ex, as I played the first level or so, didn't get on with it, so it went back into the pile to be tried again at some point. I also picked up a Kinect Fitness 'game' a while back that's still in the wrapper.

Currently playing Asura's Wrath (nice & short!), Pool Nation & Torchlight, and also very slowly going through a co-op replay run of Gears 2 on insane.
  • Mr-Brett 18 Apr 2013 10:26:10 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My updated backlog
    I failed miserably :(

I've hardly cleared any in recent months and I gave in to Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Guacamelee, Indie bundles and probably others too.

• andytheadequate 18 Apr 2013 13:31:48 8,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr-Brett - Out of interest, why did you abandon The Longest Journey? I'm tempted to buy it but not sure whether it still holds up today.

Next time Shogun 2 is on sale, I think I'm going to buy it. Fancy a co-op playthrough of it?

Sexy spreadsheet btw...
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 18 Apr 2013 14:05:04 492 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PS:

Spyro 2
    Spyro 3

PS2:

Okami
    Silent Hill 3

PS3:

Dishonored

Not all that bad really!
  • imamazed 18 Apr 2013 14:06:27 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @Mr-Brett - Out of interest, why did you abandon The Longest Journey? I'm tempted to buy it but not sure whether it still holds up today.

Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it. It's my favouritist game ever. Some of the puzzles are a little tricky (OK, downright silly on occasion) but it's just such a great story
  • Mr-Brett 18 Apr 2013 14:52:27 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate I like The Longest Journey but it's not aged that well. It's from 1999 and is locked in 640x480, the characters are all really low poly and I admit it, I'm a bit of a graphics whore. You can put it into windowed mode which sort of works and that way it's not stretching that super low res to fullscreen. The game itself is pretty classic point and click although I'd say the characters are better than usual, the story is a bit silly.
    I got the point where I was using a guide to try and power through but being from the 90's it's a pretty long game, so eventually I decided to just move on to Dreamfall. If they re-released it with some modern tweaks and perhaps a hints system then I'd gladly revisit it but as it is I have enough to play.

Shogun co-op is an interesting idea, I hadn't even thought about that. I'd be up for it because I liked what I played of it but it's so big and in-depth that I have trouble mustering up the effort to make that commitment. I know I'm the worst :)

• robthehermit 18 Apr 2013 15:02:37 3,986 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've just shafted any chance of clearing any of my backlog by ordering Defiance.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• andytheadequate 18 Apr 2013 15:28:23 8,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    @andytheadequate I like The Longest Journey but it's not aged that well. It's from 1999 and is locked in 640x480, the characters are all really low poly and I admit it, I'm a bit of a graphics whore. You can put it into windowed mode which sort of works and that way it's not stretching that super low res to fullscreen. The game itself is pretty classic point and click although I'd say the characters are better than usual, the story is a bit silly.
    I got the point where I was using a guide to try and power through but being from the 90's it's a pretty long game, so eventually I decided to just move on to Dreamfall. If they re-released it with some modern tweaks and perhaps a hints system then I'd gladly revisit it but as it is I have enough to play.

Shogun co-op is an interesting idea, I hadn't even thought about that. I'd be up for it because I liked what I played of it but it's so big and in-depth that I have trouble mustering up the effort to make that commitment. I know I'm the worst :)
    Is Dreamfall an improvement then? Isnit possible to play without playing the longest journey?

And I've played Empire a lot, so hopefully I could pick up shogun 2 quickly...
  • imamazed 18 Apr 2013 15:33:49 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:

Is Dreamfall an improvement then? Isnit possible to play without playing the longest journey?

And I've played Empire a lot, so hopefully I could pick up shogun 2 quickly...
    If I may (...?) Dreamfall is an improvement in that it looks better and introduced more characters, but overall I prefered the story of the first game. And all the new gameplay aspects in Dreamfall (i.e. all the bits that don't just play like a traditional adventure game) are awful
  • robthehermit 18 Apr 2013 16:04:40 3,986 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• andytheadequate 18 Apr 2013 16:38:51 8,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @imamazed - I hear there are stealth elements. Are they really that bad?
  • imamazed 18 Apr 2013 16:42:52 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @imamazed - I hear there are stealth elements. Are they really that bad?
    Really bad, yes. Thankfully they're pretty rare and avoidable in some instances. The combat is also poor, but the same applies.
  • Mr-Brett 18 Apr 2013 16:48:41 12,723 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The combat is hilariously bad :)
    I've not really played enough of either to make a comparision about story and that. I found April's voice slightly less annoying though.

• Page

of 11 First / Last