Backlog clearing Page 7

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• cianchristopher 1 Apr 2010 11:26:16 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You know what's really funny about that?

The Ubisoft DRM on the PC version would have saved your game online...

Go Ubisoft!!!
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2010 11:54:44 34,934 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    They don't have their own profile(s)?
    You try telling 9 and 6 year old boys to use there own flippin profile. They will do it once or twice and then just go back to the easy way.
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2010 11:55:48 34,934 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If it had happened today I would have thought they were taking the piss and playing an April fools on me.
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2010 11:56:21 34,934 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    You know what's really funny about that?

The Ubisoft DRM on the PC version would have saved your game online...

Go Ubisoft!!!
    Yea but then I would have to play it on the PC ;)
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2010 01:57:28 34,934 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nearly there now back to sequence 3 - even knowing where everything is and doing the minimum it's taken me 2.5hrs to get this far. Jaysus I really hate unskippable cut scenes.
  • cianchristopher 20 May 2010 12:42:22 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really bought into the whole "Best of Both Worlds - Buy Two Consoles" (360 & PS3) bullshit at the start of this gen. But the problem is owning so many fucking games that I just can't possibly play them all...

It's a real problem. I also have dozens (if not hundreds) of games on Steam (bought mostly from packs, etc.)

So my backlog is completely insurmountable! Even if I were to never work again, and simply sit and play through the games that I currently own all day every day from now until I'm 80, I probably wouldn't get to finish them (and that's assuming I buy absolutely nothing new in that space of time)...

Anyway, after this generation, I'm done with consoles. I long for the simpler days of being a single format owner. I'm committing to PC after this, and am going to just work my way through my PS3 and 360 catalogues over the next two years (while seriously making a sustained affort to buy as little as possible for them) with a view to eventually getting rid of them...
  • dutchspeededup 21 May 2010 10:24:01 4,393 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right. Please help with my backlog. I have dumped tons of stuff that I'm just never going to get to, and have whittled it down to the following:

Mass Effect 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Just Cause 2
    Alan Wake.

A few really epic buggers in there too though. No idea what to start next.
  • trip919 23 May 2010 01:13:31 2,271 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    Right. Please help with my backlog. I have dumped tons of stuff that I'm just never going to get to, and have whittled it down to the following:

Mass Effect 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Just Cause 2
    Alan Wake.

I can give you the average hours for completion mate.

Mass Effect 2 35hrs
    Red Dead Redemption 25hrs main story additional side quests and such 35hrs
    Alan Wake 8hrs
    Just Cause 2 about 40hrs but most people get bored by the end apparently.

I know its terrible thinking about games in these terms, but its helpful for me, so I know what Im getting into before I start.

No more abandoning games halfway through because life interjects (well I still abandon them if theyre truly shit obviously).
  • dutchspeededup 27 Sep 2010 15:55:34 4,393 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    trip919 wrote:
    dutchspeededup wrote:

Mass Effect 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Just Cause 2
    Alan Wake.

I can give you the average hours for completion mate.

Mass Effect 2 35hrs
    Red Dead Redemption 25hrs main story additional side quests and such 35hrs
    Alan Wake 8hrs
    Just Cause 2 about 40hrs but most people get bored by the end apparently.

I know its terrible thinking about games in these terms, but its helpful for me, so I know what Im getting into before I start.

No more abandoning games halfway through because life interjects (well I still abandon them if theyre truly shit obviously).

Thanks Trip. I just noticed this response!

My new backlog is wii-themed:

SMG2
    De Blob
    Okami
    Super Paper Mario
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Dead Space Extraction
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 27 Sep 2010 16:01:41 1,904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been doing quite well with backlog clearing recently (well, for me anyway).

I've finished Mass Effect 2, for a start, and I'm about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way through Brutal Legend. Now I've moved onto Reach, and I'm on mission 7 of the campaign.

I've still got GTA IV to start, mind, and a few Arcade games, but my aim of completing ME2, Brutal Legend, and Reach by Christmas (and at least starting GTA) is achievable, I'd say.
  • HoriZon 27 Sep 2010 16:20:23 13,546 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still feel shocked at mine i have left a few of them far too long :/

Mass Effect 2
    Fallout 3 + all DLC
    The Darkness
    MW2 (though i dont think i cba now)
    Serious Sam (XBL)
    Perfect Dark (XBL)
    Shadow Complex (XBL)

What should i play first? i was thinking ME2 as i just completed the first one (that was on the list at one point) last month.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• cianchristopher 27 Sep 2010 16:21:15 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I cleared a big part of my backlog, by selling my PS3 back in August.

I've been seriously downsizing my 360 "portfolio" as well, and it's definitely the way to go. At the moment I've still got 23 boxed 360 games, as well as a clutch of XBLA titles.

I'm thinking 12 or 13 is a more manageable number, so will get rid of the fluff (e.g. Ninja Gaiden II, Fable II, Banjo Kazooie, Fight Night 4, Crackdown, etc.) in order to have more space for games I genuinely enjoy. It's not that I don't like those games, but I don't have enough free time for them all (that was a very expensive lesson to learn this generation).

Now as for my Steam games, that's another story. My library ballooned late last year with the Thanksgiving and Xmas sales, and I've barely touched any of the titles I bought. I really wish I hadn't bought a fair few of them, but what the hell? It's a nice-lookin' library, especially with the new UI.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Sep 2010 16:27:26 14,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just reading this thread, am I one of the only one of us who once played a game, tries his best to punt it on ?
    I only have around 10 360 games and 4/5 of those are up for sale/trade, no ps3 titles at all, save for some ps1 stuff on the HD.
    I do have lots of older games for ps1/2, cube and xbox, but again I try to sell them.

As for backlog I'm messing around with various games, purely awaiting next month when I hope to have TWII,Deadly Prem,Gothic 4 and fable III to get stuck into.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Syrette 27 Sep 2010 16:30:14 43,501 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I only keep games if they've got no/little resale value and/or I might want to play them again in the future.

• Murbal 27 Sep 2010 16:37:00 22,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just reading this thread, am I one of the only one of us who once played a game, tries his best to punt it on ?

I do the same. It's a space issue, plus I get so little time for playing I'd rather play something new and shiny than play something I've already finished again for extras/achievement whoring.

Currently on the backlolg burner:

Halo Reach
    Mass Effect 2
    Just Cause 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Fallout 3 GOTY

Plus some live arcade stuff and some DLC stuff.

What a f***ing awesome year for games it's been.

Oh...

SMG 2
    Metroid Prime Trilogy

• Syrette 27 Sep 2010 16:55:40 43,501 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't believe Mass Effect 2 is still in so many of your backlogs :/

Just Cause 2 is so massive that it'll probably always be on my backlog and it's a game I drop in and out of when I've got nothing else to play.

Burnout Paradise is similar, tbh I'm probably going to abandon it... there's just too much going on and it's not as enjoyable as I hoped. NFS Hot Pursuit sounds perfect - no storyline, no free roaming structure, no constant looking at the map, just plain old racing at silly speeds.

• Britesparc Creative, ITV 27 Sep 2010 17:46:40 1,904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    I only have around 10 360 games and 4/5 of those are up for sale/trade, no ps3 titles at all, save for some ps1 stuff on the HD.
    I do have lots of older games for ps1/2, cube and xbox, but again I try to sell them.

As for backlog I'm messing around with various games, purely awaiting next month when I hope to have TWII,Deadly Prem,Gothic 4 and fable III to get stuck into.

I keep every single game I play. I view it as a collection. I can't imagine ever selling any of them unless I get really, really skint.
  • Syrette 27 Sep 2010 17:48:30 43,501 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    I keep every single game I play

Even the ones you rent/borrow?

• Britesparc Creative, ITV 27 Sep 2010 18:07:44 1,904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Britesparc wrote:
    I keep every single game I play

Even the ones you rent/borrow?

I don't rent games, and hardly ever borrow them... in fact, I can't remember the last time I borrowed a game.

But no, I wouldn't count those :-)

I don't play that many games, really - only about three or four new full-price titles a year.
  • ronuds 27 Sep 2010 19:07:18 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Should I beat Fallout before I buy Vegas? :p

I never really got on with Fallout, but I feel as though I'm doing myself a great disservice.

• DUFFMAN5 27 Sep 2010 19:09:15 14,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Should I beat Fallout before I buy Vegas? :p

I never really got on with Fallout, but I feel as though I'm doing myself a great disservice.

me and you both ;) can we do co-op !!!! I have only put about 4 hours into the game, for shame I know.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 27 Sep 2010 19:46:28 7,148 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For shame Duffman and ronuds, i adored fallout3 once it got going and did all the dlc too. It's not for everyone though. I can't wait for new vegas.

I tend to ditch games pretty quickly too. Having a kid means gaming time is limited, so unless i love something it gets ditched for the next tempter pretty soon. Still got mass effect 2 in case i go for playthrough 3 though mass effect doubters!
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 27 Sep 2010 20:19:20 1,904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm hoping when we have kids I can turn them into compulsive hoarders/collectors/massive nerds like me ;-)
  • dancingrob 29 Sep 2010 10:31:23 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the backlog has grown recently, as I was expecting to have slightly more playing time recently, but it just hasn't worked out that way.

I've only just started Nier, and a second playthrough of Borderlands for the DLC, so it'll be a while before I get onto most of these.

COD4
    Alan Wake
    Metro 2033
    Tales of Vesperia
    Winterbottom
    Zeno Clash
    some Fallout 3 DLC (really want to do a full replay at some point, as I missed a lot of the fun stuff on playthrough 1)

I've also got the demos of Deathspank and Limbo lined up for purchase as soon as they hit deal of the week.
  • Collymilad 30 Sep 2010 01:58:51 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Getting a pretty big backlog here too. Haven't bought any boxed games for about 2 months now but there's still loads to go through, that's mainly thanks to Blur MP though.

Atm I have:

Demons Souls
    Borderlands
    Darksiders
    Siren Blood Curse
    Sam & Max TDP
    Money Island 2
    Deathspank
    Joe Danger

And there's quite a few XBLA arcade titles that I've had for ages.

They are all "in progress" though, I tend to chop and change between games unless there's one that has me totally hooked.

Adding Halo reach to that tomorrow, and probably F1 2010 and DR2 pretty soon :/ Too many damn games.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last