Backlog clearing Page 5

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• ecureuil 4 May 2009 23:52:03 76,520 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a backlog of games too, that's why I don't buy many RPGs anymore. I love them, but they take a good month of dedicated play at the least.

Of your list, Blue Dragon, Too Human, Lost Odyssey and Fallout 3 is a good six months worth of gaming, unless you're unemployed.
  • BartonFink 5 May 2009 00:15:54 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ok then may as well get some more non-RPG games off the list.

So Stranglehold and Lost Planet - Opinions?
  • DUFFMAN5 5 May 2009 07:05:35 14,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm on chapter 3 of Stranglehold, it is good enough and the environment kills never get boring, alas the game does. Not too sure this will ever be finished, at least not by me.
    I have gone back to Mercs 2 which like the first is fookin ace. My own Backlog pile (sounds rude) is still ever growing. I have decided my next 5 games to try/play/complete will be:
    1.Mercs -32% in
    2.Godfather II - around 4 hours in, both games to be completed before...
    3.Sacred 2 (pre ordered and looking forward to massively)
    4.Bully Chapter 3/4 not too sure
    5.Tomb Raider Underworld chapter 3 I think.

I also play 2/3 games of Fifa 09 when I get the chance.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BartonFink 5 May 2009 08:37:49 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That doesn't sound too promising re Stranglehold how do you mean by boring?
    Didn't really get that from the review until I read this bit:

It might well be the most direct, straightforward action game you've played in years, but in a way I'd see that as job done by Midway - it never seeks to overcomplicate, the combat and controls are refined, the learning curve is well balanced, the visuals fantastic, and in many ways there's an almost old school purity about it. Simply put, it's exceptionally good at what it sets out to achieve, which is to distil the best bits of John Woo's cinematic vision and turn it into a crazed video game approximation that anyone can play - in that sense, you can't really fault it. Some might baulk at the lack of depth, and the sense of mindless repetition, in which case steer clear. The rest of you can put your brain on standby, and enjoy the most ridiculous display of videogaming carnage ever.

Hmmm dunno now.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 May 2009 08:52:49 14,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi BF
    Just that really. It is just continual shooting, no real time to explore any environments. If you want some mindless shooting then you won't go far wrong, but that is all it has to offer. Make sure you "meet" John Woo though (360 version)

• bigshot316 5 May 2009 08:58:34 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm about 45 hours into FF XII, I got myself suitably levelled up, and to the point where you open the gate to the final area with your fire summon dude (been so long since I played it I forget his name!)
    I was all set for the last part of the game, and then put the game in its box and havent touched it since.
    Also, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on PS2, which shits all over the Smackdown shit doesn't get nearly enough of my attention.
    I'm about 40% through Saints Row 2 as well, and still have to do my evil runthrough on Fable II.
    Oh and Kane & Lynch - I got to that nightclub level, died like 3 times and never touched it again!

God Damn L4D & Peggle seem to take up all of my free time now.
  • BartonFink 5 May 2009 09:10:31 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wrestling wrestling - get the hell out of my thread :D
  • bigshot316 5 May 2009 10:56:51 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shurrup or I'll lay the Smackdown on yer candy ass :p
  • BartonFink 5 May 2009 13:23:37 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Hi BF
    Just that really. It is just continual shooting, no real time to explore any environments. If you want some mindless shooting then you won't go far wrong, but that is all it has to offer. Make sure you "meet" John Woo though (360 version)
    Might start it anyway tonight and see what it's all about. May even put the two of them on and see how I get on. I do seem to remember not really getting along with the Lost Planet demo too well.

/scratches RPG itch
    /eyes Fallout 3

must resist.
  • BartonFink 6 Aug 2009 00:22:20 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ok after a few months now of faffing around and being driven insane by the likes of COD3 and COD4 on veteran I really need to play something without it wanting me to kill kittens or puppies.

Lost Odyssey
    or
    Fallout 3
    or
    Oblivion

Fuck the rest of the backlog I need some RPG to calm me down a bit after the burning mists of rage that are the COD series.
  • caligari 6 Aug 2009 00:23:00 16,998 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    Ok after a few months now of faffing around and being driven insane by the likes of COD3 and COD4 on veteran I really need to play something without it wanting me to kill kittens or puppies.

Lost Odyssey
    or
    Fallout 3
    or
    Oblivion

Fuck the rest of the backlog I need some RPG to calm me down a bit after the burning mists of rage that are the COD series.

Fifa 09.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Aug 2009 00:24:47 22,305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Left 4 Dead.

Beautiful tender beings.

• BartonFink 6 Aug 2009 00:28:13 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can get the fuck out of the thread too. Fucking soccer games pfft :)
  • BartonFink 6 Aug 2009 00:28:58 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Left 4 Dead.
    Only one slight problem that's not on my backlog ;)
  • BartonFink 6 Aug 2009 08:29:03 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kerbumpage
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Aug 2009 08:36:20 14,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oblivion, look at that foliage!

• Bloodloss 6 Aug 2009 08:51:07 4,499 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fallout 3. Utterly easy choice and every game I've recommended so far out of your backlog you chose and loved :p

• BartonFink 6 Aug 2009 09:21:13 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    \o/ true

Ok so FO3 it is then
  • BartonFink 6 Aug 2009 09:24:57 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers ecosse. I played it a bit when it came out first and basically spent too much time on doing side quests not bothering with the main story. I guess I could go back to that first. I do remember liking it a lot at the time. However other stuff took over at that stage and I never went back.
  • Peew971 6 Aug 2009 19:10:31 4,703 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok for me the priority is to finish Lost and Damned, then it's between these:

Dead Space
    Far Cry 2
    Fallout 3
    RE 5
    Chronicles of Riddick

Suggestions?
  • Syrette 25 Aug 2009 01:56:04 43,104 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Despite championing its cause, having the money to buy it, and loving the trial, I've yet to actually get Shadow Complex. I fully blame my small backlog. I've had Pure and Mass Effect for ages now but both still need completing, and I'll be getting Batman:AA at launch too. I think my only other uncompleted game as it were would be Soul Calibur IV, but I'm not fussed about the SP side of that.

I try to complete every game I own nowadays (which partly accounts for my modest number of titles). I used to just get every new game that took my fancy and hardly completed any of them. Now I will put off getting gems like Shadow Complex so I can focus on finishing other games first.

• heyyo 25 Aug 2009 02:18:56 14,374 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:

Dead Space
    Far Cry 2
    Fallout 3
    RE 5
    Chronicles of Riddick

Suggestions?

Tough choice, but IMO

Riddick
    Fallout 3
    RE 5
    FC 2
    Dead Space
  • gohda 25 Aug 2009 03:07:31 6,642 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Despite championing its cause, having the money to buy it, and loving the trial, I've yet to actually get Shadow Complex. I fully blame my small backlog. I've had Pure and Mass Effect for ages now but both still need completing, and I'll be getting Batman:AA at launch too. I think my only other uncompleted game as it were would be Soul Calibur IV, but I'm not fussed about the SP side of that.

I try to complete every game I own nowadays (which partly accounts for my modest number of titles). I used to just get every new game that took my fancy and hardly completed any of them. Now I will put off getting gems like Shadow Complex so I can focus on finishing other games first.
    Wish I could do it.
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Aug 2009 06:05:12 14,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    COJ bib, Act 5,so near the end, may play through as other charcter or put on Sept swapsies list.
    Prototype: Only a few hours in.
    Batman AA on Friday. This will be played through and enjoyed until completion (can't wait).
    I got Gun360 and Legendary yeterday.
    I got a ps3 and 4 games I have yet to open last week
    ...other than that I only have around 20 uncompleted games.
    Would love to be able to hold off buying games, but I just can't.

• DaM 25 Aug 2009 06:55:56 12,901 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:

Dead Space
    Far Cry 2
    Fallout 3
    RE 5
    Chronicles of Riddick

Suggestions?

FO3 - just chuck out the rest. or your backlog will get even bigger....
  • BartonFink 24 Feb 2010 14:39:12 34,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh for fucking fuck sake I just looked at it again this morning and the fucking thing just gets bigger. Saying that I have gone through quite a few games since the last time I posted in this one. So off the top of my head:

FO3
    Batman AA
    GTA IV
    Oblivion
    Too Human
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon

Just not able to get the will to pick up anything these days. I know I should be starting on GTA IV and something else.
  • Carlo 24 Feb 2010 14:41:54 17,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My backlog for 360 currently looks like this:

PGR4
    Forza 3
    Bioshock 2 (current).

My PS3 is waiting for Heavy Rain, my wii has NSMB, and my PC has STO.

But don't get me started on all the TV I've got backlogged to watch!

PSN ID: Djini

• milknoodle 24 Feb 2010 14:46:39 434 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    Oh for fucking fuck sake I just looked at it again this morning and the fucking thing just gets bigger.

Just not able to get the will to pick up anything these days. I know I should be starting on GTA IV and something else.
    You go on like it's a job or important work that has to be done, if you don't want to play a game, then don't.
  • Lukey__b 24 Feb 2010 14:55:01 3,725 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iíve sworn to myself that I wont buy any new games until I have completed my pile. Apart from BC2Ö I feel Iíll be left behind if I wait to get that.

Anyway:

AC2
    Mass Effect
    Mirrors Edge
    Dead Space
    Dragon Age
    Fallout 3 DLC
    Splinter Cell: DA
    Fable 3
    Lost Planet

The last 3 I have probably only put an hour into each. AC2 Iím breezing throughÖ Iíll probably tackle Mirrors Edge or Lost Planet after that. Dead Space I think Iím about 3/4 through so might finish it one night I find Iím at home alone.

Just remembered Iíve got Oblivion cheapÖ screw it. Iím never going to complete it so I might as well not start it. Brotherís birthday present right there.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• Page

of 11 First / Last