5.1 surround sound headphones Page 4

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Scurrminator 17 Sep 2010 11:46:21 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what do peeps recommend? I was leaning towards turtle beach x41s...

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 12:05:39
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Ok, what kind of bricks are they?

Just a standard AC power plug or is there a huge power convertng brick thing?

Standard AC power plug.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 12:06:04
    Scurrminator wrote:

Tritton AXPRO!
  • Scurrminator 17 Sep 2010 12:28:58 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    but i thought someone said it was hard to hear chat?
    x41s seem to adjust chat volume according to game volume...?

• pinebear 17 Sep 2010 12:46:40 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How about a decent pair of audiophile headphones coupled with a USB mic / PS3 headset / Xbox Live headset mic? Costs less, better sound quality.

That's what I've been told anyway.

• Fab4 17 Sep 2010 13:09:54 5,980 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I recently got the x41s...love them. Although they do chew through batteries.

Edit: Never had a problem hearing chat through them, even with in-game explosions going off all around me.
  • Scurrminator 17 Sep 2010 13:17:38 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    How about a decent pair of audiophile headphones coupled with a USB mic / PS3 headset / Xbox Live headset mic? Costs less, better sound quality.

That's what I've been told anyway.

Because i don't want to wear two sets of headgear like a div.
    Surely doing this dilutes the 'awesome' sound you mention.
    That's why i want a headset built for the purpose that i wish to use it.

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 13:21:07
    Scurrminator wrote:
    but i thought someone said it was hard to hear chat?
    x41s seem to adjust chat volume according to game volume...?

I think they were on about the sharkoons, I've never had a problem with the chat on my Trittons.
  • gang_of_bitches 17 Sep 2010 13:32:45 5,442 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:

Picked up a set today (as mentioned in the other thread) after half an hour of use I'd say they were pretty good. Sound quality and chat were very good, but I was hoping for a bit more in the way of a surround type sensation, didn't really think I could pick up where people were (playing CoD MW2) as well as I'd hoped. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. Still they're confortable and straightforward to set up and I definitely felt more immersed in the game.
  • mikew1985 17 Sep 2010 14:03:27 12,605 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Ok, what kind of bricks are they?

Just a standard AC power plug or is there a huge power convertng brick thing?

Standard AC power plug.

Cool, sure they will be here on Tuesday so I suppose I'll find out then!

I'm just worried about needing to buy a big fuck off step up convertor or some such other device and I really have no idea what I'm getting into at that stage.
  • Scurrminator 17 Sep 2010 14:37:07 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    gang_of_bitches wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:

Picked up a set today (as mentioned in the other thread) after half an hour of use I'd say they were pretty good. Sound quality and chat were very good, but I was hoping for a bit more in the way of a surround type sensation, didn't really think I could pick up where people were (playing CoD MW2) as well as I'd hoped. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. Still they're confortable and straightforward to set up and I definitely felt more immersed in the game.

Do you have them set up right?
    I've only heard good things about the sound...

• Fab4 17 Sep 2010 14:41:46 5,980 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I usually play CoD3 and with the X41s I can tell where people are coming from, or where shots were fired from. I can even tell what way the enemy tanks are moving :)
  • Scurrminator 23 Sep 2010 13:59:53 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X41s came today, tried them quickly at work.
    They're pretty good but need to get them home so i can 'hear' them properly!

• robthehermit 23 Sep 2010 14:25:59 3,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The best sound experience I've had with my AX360's has to be Dead Space. Damn near shat myself.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Scurrminator 24 Sep 2010 11:42:02 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    These are awesome - worth the money :-)

• mikew1985 24 Sep 2010 13:31:32 12,605 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got my AXPros, pretty damn good. One dual voltage power plug so a Us -> UK adapter works perfectly.

Sound could be better at times but I've gotten it to a much better standard after fiddling with it a bit. Some mild hiss during silence but thats only during load screens et al so very much acceptable.

Sound positioning is awesome and the adaptability of the included mic for XBL, PSN and PC is bloody brilliant.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2010 18:35:17
    \o/

Glad you like them. I agree about the sound setup being fiddly to get it perfect but Ive found the perfect settings for me.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2010 08:57:03
    How are you getting on with them mikew1985?
  • TakeTheVeil 25 Nov 2010 19:25:59 5,058 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How much are the Turtle Beach x41s retailing for these days? ~Thinking of picking up a pair before Christmas

Or are there anyone other decent Wireless alternatives?
  • Vortex808 25 Nov 2010 20:43:15 6,967 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have Turtle beach x3's, which are wireless. Overall I'm very happy with them, but it's a pain when the batteries start to run out as you can hear everything as usual, but your voice comms are not broadcast and i sometimes don't realise it for ages.

But i can get another beer, wander through to the bog for a piss, or stick the kettle on without having to remove them during the next map reloading.

Laziness is king round my way.
  • MattyB2007 26 Nov 2010 13:02:23 2,692 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got my x41's from lime360 for 135. Still work great after a few months of usage as well.

Live - Revenge First,
    Wii U/PSN & Steam - Revenge_First (Matt on Wii U as well)
    3DS - Matt - 1246-8695-7316

• kentmonkey 24 Jan 2011 23:40:03 20,448 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quick question:

Guy at work is 30 next month and he's got an issue at the moment with gaming late as his wife-to-be can hear the TV downstairs and moans. So, a gift idea from a few of us at work is to get him some headphones. However his LCD TV doesn't have a headphone socket, and he has no amp, just 360 and TV, and thus I'm guessing we need either a set of 5.1 headphones that plug into the digital out (do they even exist?) or some USB ones that will also work on the 360.

Budget of about 30-40, no mic needed and they don't have to be amazing sound quality as he still uses really cheap 3 earphone jobs for his iPod and doesn't really pay much attention to sound quality. Are there any options out there?
  • Deleted user 25 January 2011 07:59:38
    Turtle Beach x11

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Force-Headset-Xbox/dp/B003A7HHKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295942395&sr=8-1
  • asphaltcowboy 25 Jan 2011 10:10:44 5,138 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Quick question:

Guy at work is 30 next month and he's got an issue at the moment with gaming late as his wife-to-be can hear the TV downstairs and moans. So, a gift idea from a few of us at work is to get him some headphones. However his LCD TV doesn't have a headphone socket, and he has no amp, just 360 and TV, and thus I'm guessing we need either a set of 5.1 headphones that plug into the digital out (do they even exist?) or some USB ones that will also work on the 360.

Budget of about 30-40, no mic needed and they don't have to be amazing sound quality as he still uses really cheap 3 earphone jobs for his iPod and doesn't really pay much attention to sound quality. Are there any options out there?
    Astro A40s will take the digital optical straight from the 360 and be powered by the USB... but they're a long way outside your budget... Which is a shame, because they are amazing.

Efe, those you posted seem to have a normal 3.5mm stereo plug?
  • billythekid 25 Jan 2011 10:15:26 11,028 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just buy his missus some earplugs! She won't hear the tv and they're a lot cheaper, it's all win!!!
  • bladdard 25 Jan 2011 10:33:06 900 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shopto are selling wired DPX21's for 97. It's the earforce DSS and PX21's packaged together providing wired 7.1 simulated surround for all platforms.
  • mikew1985 25 Jan 2011 10:52:02 12,605 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    How are you getting on with them mikew1985?

To answer your question 3 months later (oops :D) they're working out quite nicely.

I still use my normal 5.1 speaker setup during the day and early evening but for late night gaming/TV across all three formats these are getting great use.

No worrying about noise or neighbours complaining. The only annoyance is the implementation of the mic in LIVE, I seem to have to mess with a lot of sound settings to get it working perfectly. far from a deal breaker.
  • asphaltcowboy 25 Jan 2011 11:11:02 5,138 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    Just buy his missus some earplugs! She won't hear the tv and they're a lot cheaper, it's all win!!!
    You don't have a girlfriend/wife, do you? ;)
  • billythekid 25 Jan 2011 11:17:31 11,028 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not a live in one no! Oh no.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2011 11:37:55
    The turtle beach headsets comes with a separate wire which "hijacks" the sound from the audio leads. You then plug in the jack into that cable. I'm not explaining it very well but you can listen to sound without having a headphone socket.

The usb is to power the headsets.

I've got a pair and they're good for the price.

http://camandospawn.com/Imges/Turtle%20beach/howdoesitwork_main_01.jpg
  • Page

of 7 First / Last